Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 30, 2022 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
_cybersadist_ said:
Softhenic03 said:
Oh please don't tell me, the guy whose entire existence is synonymous with the word “bad luck” to begin with is planning to go on a beach trip of all things, please no. Also why they’ve to make us realize every other minute of every other episode just how cool, super-duper cool Shikimori is, it’s already the most well known fact after earth isn't flat thing.

That's literally the point of the whole manga and even hinted in the title,and they'll not be stopping anytime sooner...that's the best part about the series and many ppl love it ,so if you think it's already being overused I bet you should drop it.

Man, you literally says, that the best part of watching tv is the advertisement or government propaganda, and not the actual program.
How tf would be the best part of the series, that they are saying every 5. sentence, that "Shikimori is cute and cool", like we are some 5 year old children with memory issues?
I am pretty certain your favorite parts in shows, is when instead of showing something, a character starts to dump an exposition like a news-anchor.
fenrirr2Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM
Apr 30, 2022 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
FMmatron said:
LostSpectre said:
You say that like we didn't just get some yuri goodness between Shikimori and Izumi's mom at the end there. lmao

Thanks, I actually closed the window once the ED started. But unless they start getting serious it's still a drop.
I think you know there's not going to be any serious yuri in this, just a little baiting here and there, you know, the usual.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 12:16 PM

Feb 2019
Izumi has largely been very annoying for me and hard to watch, but the night sky scene was adorable. Probably the best thing he’s done in this series so far, hopefully he gets some more development. Shikimori as usual carried the rest of the ep and had some absolutely adorable moments.
Apr 30, 2022 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
LostSpectre said:
FMmatron said:

Thanks, I actually closed the window once the ED started. But unless they start getting serious it's still a drop.
I think you know there's not going to be any serious yuri in this, just a little baiting here and there, you know, the usual.

You see how inevitable this drop was then.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
What a bland episode. Glad it got somehow redeemed by the post credit scene between Shikimori and Izumi’s mom.

Hope it gets better next week.
Apr 30, 2022 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
I like how Motoko had Fox Ears. That could be referanced in a multitude of ways from being a trickster to just being "aged" like a fine wine.

Great episode. I liked seeing how Neko and Shikimori became friends. I enjoy the school aspect of this anime a lot.

Shikimori wants a swimsuit now but Izumi was just impressed with that Chicks Abs LOL.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 30, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
People trying so hard to defending this garbage HAHSHAHSHSGJGGFFHA
Apr 30, 2022 12:27 PM
Apr 2022
Anime continues going downhill quick.
We just dont want the message, in this case perfect and flawless Mary Sue females, rubbed all over our faces. Even Marin has flaws ffs.
Thats why we sought refuge in manga and anime, and not consuming Western sh!t.

Performance reflected in the ratings...this was like top 20 beginning of the season. Looking forward to it dropping to the second page soon.
thehornedratApr 30, 2022 12:31 PM
Apr 30, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
thehornedrat said:
We just dont want the message, in this case perfect and flawless Mary Sue females, rubbed all over our faces. Even Marin has flaws ffs.

Performance reflected in the ratings...this was like top 20 beginning of the season. Looking forward to it dropping to the second page soon.
What? How does Shikimori not have flaws?

She can't cook, she's insecure and gets jealous af, and despite her "cool" side, she frequently ends up getting embarrassed by her own actions.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 2022 1:19 PM
Mar 2022
Somewone nows how to delete mensajes?
Javix07Apr 30, 2022 11:52 PM
Apr 30, 2022 1:19 PM

Sep 2020
Am I seeing some yuri moments or something? The night talk is very nice!
Apr 30, 2022 1:29 PM
Apr 2021
Sarripp said:
This show is purely Garbage people literally overhype this anime.
no it's not rubbish it's not good the anime is good and you have a bad taste to watch
Apr 30, 2022 1:30 PM
Mar 2021
Nekozaki actually beats Shikimori at basketball right? That’s why Shikimori was sulking after the game? Edit: Ah no she was just out of breath, means that Nekozaki has more stamina lmao

I love the supporting characters more than the main ones lol. Hachimitsu is my spirit animal.

More yuri bait between Shikimori and Motoko please.
WataruAoki2Apr 30, 2022 1:34 PM
Apr 30, 2022 1:38 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Was nice to see how Nekozaki and Shikimori became friends and it was SUGOKU KAWAII (NANO DESU) to see Shikimori buying the swimsuit she thought Izumi was looking at xD.
Also, the after credits scene is great! Izumi's family really do have bad luck!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 30, 2022 1:40 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Somewhat boring episode, at this point Izumi's mom would be a better MC than he is.
Next episode is suppose to be a beach episode so hopefully we get some Shikimori fanservice.
HelltakerApr 30, 2022 1:49 PM
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 30, 2022 1:43 PM

Mar 2010
Woahh, I was expecting a beach episode but we getting a river one. Nice to see a little backstory if the friend groups. Lol that Izumis dad once had black hair. These two are super cute!
Apr 30, 2022 1:58 PM

Aug 2021
Shikimori doesn't back down from a good challenge but as long as Izumi is involved, he gives it his all, it's getting close to summer and they can go out and have fun.
Apr 30, 2022 2:12 PM

Aug 2021
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol

Aug 2021
I think it was a pretty good episode, everything its typical but I guess if you like romance you will like this episode.

This anime is basically the prologue of a drama filled anime, where nothing really goes on lol

Aug 2021

Apr 30, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2019
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10
Apr 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2022
Jasev said:
I hope this series ends with Izumi dying young in an extremely rare way, it would really fit the bad luck theme.

Dropped 3/10

Damn, what did I just read, lol...
Apr 30, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
Hellothere31 said:

Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.
Apr 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Aug 2021
LostSpectre said:
Hellothere31 said:

Bypassed the double post completely with a triple post, very impressive.

Damn first time I have seen that happen.
Apr 30, 2022 3:47 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Speaking for myself, this anime had been hit or miss for me, mostly miss. But as if this episode... yeah I kind of really liked everything. This episode alone had quite a lot to drastically improve my opinion on this (at least for now, hopefully the rest continues to be as good!!), but it was mostly because of this:

Also I just now noticed the visuals for the ED, it's kinda cute

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 30, 2022 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
Wow, I sure am glad that they showed us how Shikimori and tall girl became friends instead of, oh idk, showing us how she got together with Izumi?! Give me a reason to care about them.

And thats's why the second part of the episode felt kind of cringe to me, all this lovey dovey talk over the phone felt forced and unearned to me.
Apr 30, 2022 3:57 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Shikimori and Izumi's friends deciding where to go during their summer vacation and they all decide to go to the river because Izumi is sensitive to the sun and S shikimori says he will protect him from anything that happens
Apr 30, 2022 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
I like this anime but I admit its pretty one-note vanilla romance. (I still enjoy it by the way) But this episode made me think everyone kinda treats Shikimori like a Goddess. Not in the funny way like Komi-san, but it feels like everyone puts her on some kind of perfect pedestal. I'm mean I get it, she's got the skills/looks to back it up. Makes me wonder how she really feels with everyone praising her.
Apr 30, 2022 5:01 PM

Mar 2018
I wonder why they don't just facetime unless that's not a part of the technology of this time.
Apr 30, 2022 5:21 PM

Jun 2021
Im actually not surprised by this rate that went from 7.49 to 7.19.. I already know this show will flop ever since episode 1.
Apr 30, 2022 5:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really enjoyed this one, I really loved Shikimori’s reaction to Izumi looking at the swimsuit poster lol, I thought for a second she’d work out and get some killer abs but swimsuit is good too. I also really liked the backstory to Nekozaki and Shikimori’s friendship, I agree with Nekozaki, Shikimori is definitely an ideal woman lol, but I find the way Nekozaki thinks about her interesting, I really like it tho, potentially a taste of yuri action.

Speaking of yuri action, the post credits bit between Shikimori and Izumi’s mom was really good, she’s out here trying to steal Shikimori from her son lmao, also nearly killed her with a knife but got a good moment out of it. The phone call was also really good, but I don’t see why they don’t just video call each other if they wanted to see each other’s faces so bad lol, it was a very sweet moment anyway tho.

It is a shame to see so many people dropping or not enjoying the show, but of course I will remain enjoying it until the end! I guess that makes it an underrated show this season, at least that’s how I see it.
Apr 30, 2022 5:50 PM
Mar 2021
Shikimori is kawaii when jealous, cool when competitive, thats the best combo in a best girl of the season.
Apr 30, 2022 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
I feel Shikimori could be so much better used if there was actually some kind of... you know plot to make this interesting. As it is I'm bored. These episodes could be trimmed down to 5 min bite sized eps and be better if it is going to stay a show of blushes and nothing else.
Apr 30, 2022 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
gswelcome said:
I feel Shikimori could be so much better used if there was actually some kind of... you know plot to make this interesting. As it is I'm bored. These episodes could be trimmed down to 5 min bite sized eps and be better if it is going to stay a show of blushes and nothing else.
What plot is a school SOL supposed to have? I would agree that shorter segments could be better, but a 5 min episode would just be pointless.
Apr 30, 2022 6:25 PM

Jul 2021
The best episode so far imo. It was pretty funny and enjoyable. I hope they'll dig into character's backstories soon, I don't really find other characters interesting beside Shikimori.
Apr 30, 2022 6:41 PM

Sep 2018
They should just scrap the main romance and go with the yuri ship, like what they did in that last scene. Would be ten times better.
Apr 30, 2022 7:07 PM
Sep 2021
Fine Episode

Fine, Fine And Fine to Watch
Apr 30, 2022 7:11 PM

Sep 2020
Yeah, Shikimori and mc's mom had more chemistry than beta Izumi
Apr 30, 2022 7:15 PM
Aug 2021
Liked how they focused on the side characters as well and not just Shikimori
Apr 30, 2022 7:42 PM

Nov 2017
another great episode, especially the post-credits scene is epic !!!
Apr 30, 2022 7:45 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
This show could genuinely benefit from fan service. We got fed a lil right before the ending. However, we can only have faith in the swimsuit now, because this show has lost it.

It just feels like a compilation of shorts, as if a lesser version of Komi Can't Communicate.
Apr 30, 2022 7:52 PM
Mar 2015
Fun seeing the girls together Shikimori gets embarrassed by the swimsuit she is very competitive and gets turned on by passes made at her by the other girl
Apr 30, 2022 8:02 PM

Jan 2020
FMmatron said:
I rather ship Shikimori and Nekozaki. A sprinkle of love triangle and yuri is what this bland anime needs xD

Yuri improves absolutely nothing
Apr 30, 2022 8:05 PM
Mar 2022
I already get used to Shikimori's great personality and all that stuff, so PLEASE DO NOT show it every minute 🙄

That being said, I really life the flashback of Nekozaki, it's always pretty funny to see Shikimori's expressions when she's jealous and overcompetitive 😂

Also, it was so wholesome to see that Izumi's friends actually care about him going to the river or the beach 😊😭❤️
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, whenever I watch this, I just crave watching ToniKawa. Nasa is Yuu done well imo. Oh, and there are more intimate and funny moments in that anime. I’ll continue watching hoping for the best, but I’m disappointed for sure
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 PM

Jul 2017
Dang, they're really enforcing the fact that "bad luck" Izumi is here to stay, and that the others are all planning for their Summer break in a way that doesn't hold him back. But first, they have to get through their final exams...and getting some swimsuits for the occasion.

This whole show isn't just Izumi and Shikimori alone, it's also getting both characterization on Shikimori's friends Hachimitsu and Nekozaki as well.

Through the worries of exams, talking about the stars helps to calm their minds, and hopefully prepare to do good and enjoy their summer vacation.

The post-credits of a cooking lesson with Shikimori and Izumi's mom, that was really funny.

Apr 30, 2022 8:09 PM

Jan 2020
thehornedrat said:

Kitagawa is a far more entertaining character than Shikimori. More importantly, Gojou isn’t annoying and completely useless like Yuu is
Apr 30, 2022 8:11 PM

Jan 2020
-Kara said:
This show could genuinely benefit from fan service. We got fed a lil right before the ending. However, we can only have faith in the swimsuit now, because this show has lost it.

It just feels like a compilation of shorts, as if a lesser version of Komi Can't Communicate.

I haven’t gotten into Komi yet, but I’ve heard of a piece of crap annoying female character called Reina I believe. Does she have a major role, cause that would be a shame. Also, are there more romantic moments?
Apr 30, 2022 8:40 PM

Mar 2013
Such a great episode with Shikimori's blushiness!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 30, 2022 9:13 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty good episode, all the seasonal animes getting into the summer arcs do be getting me into the mood aswell for summer, but to bad i don't really do much for summer other then stress for exams nor even go outside for the matter, i'd actually spontaneously combust.

Can't help but feel like Shikimori when around Izumi is a literal glass cannon, but when around others she can become a trebuchet. Liked the backstory to how Nekozaki and Shikimori met, Nekozaki seemed pretty head over heels for Shikimori, even more so after seeing her serious side.

I don't even know what that ending was, but i liked where it was going so fine by me.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

351 by HollowP03 »»
Apr 16, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

223 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

106 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

116 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2022

98 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 30, 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.