Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2022 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Tsubaki got the shock of her life hearing Hana-sensei's revelation about men, but unfortunately couldn't escape from Konoha-sensei's Dancing Leaves Jutsu.

This is some top secret stuff, and unsurprisingly it all hinges on romantic love. The students of Akane and Aoi Classes were drought in love and driven to the point of eloping, so both sides made the compromise that they demarcate and prohibit both men and women from meeting each other to keep up students for generations. Tsubaki would make a good kunoichi, but this secret she has to take it to the grave with her in exchange to letting the Akane Class have dinner from their game of tag. Tsubaki's of age, so love is something that's to be experienced...and will drive her even further to coincide with men.

Time for a new kunoichi: Mokuren of Team Monkey. She's a kind-hearted girl with her medical Jutsu, whom just wants to experience some quietness and serendipity, and is the type whom can't turn down any request. And since Hana-sensei's secret is too large just to keep a secret to oneself, Tsubaki was looking for an avenue to share this to someone. But some girls urgently need her help to fix a teacup, that she can't do, other than healing and helping people, that's her job. And Tsubaki finds solace in doing her job as well for motivation and being trustworthy.

Have a good rest Mokuren, you've worked hard.
KANLen09Apr 30, 2022 10:00 AM
Apr 30, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like the problem had to do with love still the measures they took where pretty drastic.
Hopefully things will get resolved at one point tho because this way the village will have no future.
Apr 30, 2022 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
So this was probably the best episode so far. Got some nice lore and worldbuilding stuff as to why the men and women have been separate. Obviously this was a pretty big shock to Tsubaki, so I’m looking forward to seeing how she deals with things going forward. I definitely foresee her going to interact with the men. Also where do the ninja kids come from if the genders are separate??
Apr 30, 2022 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
I can't believe that these so called teachers left out the part about the forbidden initial D.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 11:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Tsubaki sure was very surprised to get that revelation about men from Hana-sensei. Seems they split up because too many were eloping and quitting being ninjas xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 30, 2022 1:45 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was so relaxing during the second half, I really like Mokuren.
Apr 30, 2022 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
The action can be surprisingly good, the second half was a good way to get to know Mokuren
Apr 30, 2022 5:08 PM

Aug 2020
I love Mokuren's everyday peaceful life.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 30, 2022 5:42 PM

May 2021
That reveal was expected but an essential part seems to have been left out.

Rest of episode was Mokuren's Day Off.

Apr 30, 2022 9:02 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Hmm a fairly normal explanation from sensei why they lied about men being scary. Kinda extreme measure for the both side. Not to mention sensei not even prevent Tsubaki for not getting too much curious about the whole love part. When Konoha sensei warned her about that, she's just like, she will be fine. Dang sensei xd.

Ah Mokuren healing time. Can't believe its actually relaxing me while the show trying to just forget whats happening before with Mokuren days off which surely giving a new type of relaxation. Until Tsubaki comes in and she literally bonked her damn large forehead xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 30, 2022 9:07 PM

Nov 2010
It's nothing to do with the story itself, but there was a beautiful background art/CG; It was the scene of ripples of a river after Mokuren asked "Is there something you are worried about?"
Apr 30, 2022 9:12 PM
Mar 2015
She joins the adult conspiracy
Apr 30, 2022 10:29 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So the reason that the boys and girls were not only separated, but made to fear each other, was because everyone was just excessively horny. Not the best reveal, but I'll take it. I mean it certainly is understandable when Tsubaki herself is already pretty horny and she hasn't even seen a dude in her life. I'm just hoping for at least one significant interaction with a man before the season ends.

Loved this episode. We have the reveal before transitioning to the girls' day off, where it's mostly focused on the healer, Mokuren. What I like is that it's not entirely separate though; the continuity flows into it as we get Tsubaki thinking on what has just been revealed to her, and even has a moment with Mokuren as she attempts to ask her about what she's dealing with. I'm not educated on the fact, but if this indeed was written by the same person as the one who did Takagi-san, more respect to them. I do like your mainly episodic-anime that still has an under current or subtle driving force underneath it all that serves as a method of continuity. For example, Takagi-san is separated into small episodic portions, but underneath it all, their love is slowly but surely growing. For this, it's Tsubaki's pursuit of men for lack of a better phrase to put it lol.

Anyway, some rather spectacular visuals right off the bat even for an anime that is relatively low-key on the popularity charts. It is CloverWorks after all though, I guess we can't expect anything less than clean and refined.

Even simple shots like these, to me at least, just look really good.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 1, 2022 12:59 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! The reasoning behind the gender separation was not that surprising and it also makes a whole lotta sense in this setting. I am assuming Hana-sensei was in love once before too, but she chose to be responsible.

Mokuren is so precious, her half of the episode was very soothing. Really liked Team Monkey's ED song.
May 1, 2022 1:48 AM
Oct 2019
has Hana sensei told Tsubaki everything or not???hmmm...

then the questions is, who is the parents of all this Ninja kids?
where do they comes from?

still so many things left to be unfold.
May 1, 2022 2:43 AM
Mar 2012
Mokuren's as soothing as the beautiful forest scenery, and she bonked miss forehead.
Nice saru ED.
Konoha "leaf village" sensei literally using leaf jutsu lol, short fight looked cool with that flaming leaf gust.
May 1, 2022 2:44 AM

Nov 2013
Art and animation in this anime is SUPERB. This alone deserves more love and appreciation.
May 1, 2022 6:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well yeah love can be strong when it comes to escape from your clan responsibility, though the question is when do they make the child? Since otherwise the clans would be eradicated xD
Poor Mokuren that's a busy life, though she's definitely kind and useful to everyone
May 1, 2022 8:53 AM

May 2020
Humans are horny, be it your average ones or these ninjas. Really though such an amusing reason, though I doubt Tsubaki can keep it a secret from her friends, like she almost revealed to that other girl.
May 1, 2022 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
Oh so that's the reason they lied about male, weird but okay that's the whole point. And the second half it's very nice and Mokuren and Tsubaki is definitely my new fav girls this season
RedChromeMay 1, 2022 10:39 AM
May 1, 2022 11:35 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So to protect and ensure the Shinobi way of life, they've been lying to the students as they will eventually all get horny for men. It makes sense actually. Just a little extreme though. Makes me wonder if they'll actually ever introduce a male character though.

Mokuren's section of the episode was so peaceful and pretty. The artists and animators really went all out. This show is way above average when it comes to visuals.

As always, the feet shots in this episode were equisitie.

Overall a very good episode.
May 1, 2022 12:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The backstory on why they teach that men are scary is pretty interesting, so everyone kept falling in love and leaving the school lol, that makes me wonder how they get more ninjas tho, one of life’s many mysteries. And if it’s the fact that they want more time with each other, I suggest joining the clans together, but who knows what would happen then lol. I also like that Tsubaki has a label for her feelings now, but it is true she hasn’t even met a man to fall in love with like she said.

But that’s not even the highlight of the episode for me, what I truly loved was the Mokuren focused 2nd half, I’ve been waiting for her to get an episode or of Team Monkey in general, and we finally got it and it was great. I love her “whap” technique and getting to see it in action on Tsubaki’s forehead lol, and it sucks she couldn’t relax like she wanted, but seeing her help everyone in the clan was sweet and it fits right along with her big sister/mom vibes, she’s definitely my favorite girl so far, I was waiting until now to officially state it lol. And the Team Monkey themed ED was great as well.
May 1, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Nope, this world-building explanation doesn't really make much sense imo. Mainly because there seems little reason to go as far as enforcing the lie that men are scary to protect the shinobi way and keep both clans alive. Never mind the implausibility of the notion that romance would be such an existential problem, surely there are other, more reliable methods they could use to prevent such things? Especially when it's been established that making the current method work is difficult and that none of the girls in the clan take it seriously at all (hence Hana pushing it so hard to try and make them afraid).

For example, they could practice celibacy as part of the shinobi way. Alternatively, they could keep the clans so far apart that they would never meet, that they would never know of each other's existence in the first place to become curious about them like Tsubaki has. After all, it seems like this segregation alone works pretty well at keeping them focused on training in the shinobi way, and that the mentions of men being scary are actually sparking their curiosity in the first place rather than making them afraid.

Mokuren was nice, but honestly I was so distracted from the questionable world-building to actually pay her bit much attention.
May 1, 2022 2:20 PM
Jun 2019
With eloping being a problem, it makes me wonder about the population of villages. Like where did those who eloped go? Is there a population outside of the men's or women's village? Is there only one village for the men and women? Would it be like AOT where we are made to think that there is nothing alive outside of the men and women's village, then boom, we discover there’s a whole world outside? If people eloped and men and women must never meet then where do the kids come from? Do they fall out of the sky or simply come to life from nothing?
Hana-sensei implied that it’s bad if men and women meet, especially adults, so they must NEVER interact from birth. When the current kids grow up and become adults, would they be told the secret of life? If they never see a man or interact with one throughout their entire lives, where do the younger kids come from since men and women must “interact” for there to be new kids? If they’re allowed to “interact” once they’re adults.. won’t there be a possibility that they will fall in love and elope since those who “interacted” won’t be able to stay together? If so then the plan to keep men and women separated is quite flawed. I hope some answers get answered as the series progresses.
Either way, nice episode.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 1, 2022 5:43 PM

Dec 2019
First half was great 2nd half was kinda boring tbh
May 2, 2022 4:50 AM
Apr 2017
The best thing is that every different team is getting special attention in the ending, every ep is an ending for a different group, and the opening is also changing, today's one had some new effects,the fight also got a little bigger compared to the beginning of the opening in ep 1, I'm loving the dedication to this work
May 2, 2022 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
She tried her best to escape, but Tsubaki was no match for Konoha and her leaf jutsu, despite Tsubaki's best efforts to counter it with a fire and substitution jutsu. At least this part had some great production values, though! =D

Hana thought it would be best to tell Tsubaki the whole reason for why the girls were being lied to about men being scary and I can see her point. Generations past where the clans would normally mingle, but within the human nature of wanting that feeling of romance, the amount of shinobi and kunoichi couples who gave up their way of life just so they could be together romantically increased to the point where both heads of each clan had to take drastic measures in order to stop their clans from losing more ninjas.

That's where the rule of contact with men being forbidden came to be (I assume the same rule is applied to the male clan as well, being forbidden to come into contact with women and are taught of the opposite gender being scary in the same way, too). Hana trusts Tsubaki will keep this info all to herself at the cost of letting everyone having dinner, which was a nice trade-off. =)

The rest of the episode was dedicated to Mokuren from Team Monkey. Despite it being everyone's day off, it proved to be a hectic and busy day for Mokuren as her bad habit of not being able to say no to anyone meant that she was going from place to place, helping out the other kunoichis in need with healing or other miscellaneous stuff. Even though she didn't have much time to talk to Tsubaki, I still enjoyed seeing them converse together.

The ED song this time was from Team Monkey and it might be my favourite version so far. Same goes for this episode, too. It's shaping up to be one of the most underrated series that I'm watching this season. This series does deserve more love.
May 2, 2022 8:30 AM

Mar 2016
davidyodo24 said:
has Hana sensei told Tsubaki everything or not???hmmm...

then the questions is, who is the parents of all this Ninja kids?
where do they comes from?

still so many things left to be unfold.

This is what I've been asking since the beginning, now that we know part of the past I tend to think these girls are the descendance from some (or most, looking how many girls they are) of the ninjas that left and that for some reason died, so Hana-sensei decided to take care of them, and teach them that men are bad so they don't fall in love and avoid die as their parents.
I don't know if I'm putting to much thought on this, I just have my second coffee of the morning.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 2, 2022 10:25 AM
May 2021
Man just started the manga after this episode and I would highly recommend it. It's so fucking wholesome and enjoyable. I think that if u blitz through the manga it's a better experience because the anime is adapting 2 chapters per episode which is great from an adaptation standpoint but gives the anime a slow feel which is the objective as it's a sol series. But that's the reason probably why the rating is a bit low.
And most likely nobody knows that a series from the author of takagi san is airing rn as they are awaiting the one which comes in the summer season anyway the manga is a solid 9/10
May 2, 2022 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
Tsubaki finally knows the truth, as expected she's quite shaken. Hopefully she can keep it a secret.

Mokuren's such a sweet girl, she's always helping others.
May 2, 2022 7:26 PM
Apr 2021
The second half of this episode was actually really relaxing and, I don't think it was accidental either; the production is just really good.
May 3, 2022 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
The reveal was rather expected. Let's hope she keeps that secret now. But it makes me wonder how things work out when they become adults and finally go "outside" lol.

BetaMaleUltra said:

Anyway, some rather spectacular visuals right off the bat even for an anime that is relatively low-key on the popularity charts. It is CloverWorks after all though, I guess we can't expect anything less than clean and refined.

Even simple shots like these, to me at least, just look really good.

It took me 4 episodes, but I also noticed this. We get some top notch art here and nobody seems to appreciate it. There is a lot of good nature shots too, some could probably compete with NNB.
May 4, 2022 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
TBH,

I hope Tsubaki doesn't actually ends up eloping and leaving the village... cause that would be too obvious and boring.

Tho I also have a feeling the ending of this series is going to be Boy and Girl's class re-merging into one. Cause that's usually the plot when things like this happens, lol.

___ ___ ___

Other thing.... I still don't really get why the past generations elope in the first place... cause they weren't even separated to begin with... from what Sensei said, they were allowed to be together in the village any time they wanted...

But then again... I guess it's the "social network bandwagon" effect... where someone do something, and then everyone else wants to try it too even if they didn't have to...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 5, 2022 1:37 AM

Dec 2020
ahh so it was because of love. romantic feelings between men and women. it does makes sense. (though this method has a slight problem bc... what if they start falling for the same gender??? LMFAOO but we're gonna ignore that bc thats besides the point of this ep. kinda.) they didnt mention it but, those couples that eloped aren't guaranteed happiness either. so they might split up one day and deeply regret it. or maybe bc they're not under supervision anymore, they might teach jujutsu to other people, people who aren't supposed to know, etc. that was a good explanation tbh good on sensei

and mokurennnn god i love her lol
May 5, 2022 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
I like how Medical Jutsu is beating the @#$@# out of people xD Mokuren is a little busy bee, can't have a day off even on her day off lol Sometime I kinda feel like her, I can't say no either .-.

Also, damn, the animation goes BONKER when it need to @.@
May 6, 2022 7:13 AM

Mar 2012
The explanation didn't make much sense. If couples are eloping then there's definitely something wrong with the village but instead of fixing that they just separated the boys and girls. Like how are the kids being born!? Even if they mix up with each other sometime later in life, do the parents separate with the same gender parent taking the child with them or do they simply abandon them in something like an orphanage!?
May 8, 2022 3:59 AM

Oct 2007
that was a bit scary. I thought something bad might happen to Tsubaki since she found out the secret.

May 13, 2022 9:48 PM

Jan 2017
The backstory regarding the gender seperation is so dumb that it's not even funny

Unless something else is not revealed considering how did these kids end up in the school considering it's already been generations
May 18, 2022 11:27 PM
Sep 2020
The sensei's logic is even more selfish than I thought D:

Mokuren is literally the calmest, sweetest person ever >u<
Jun 13, 2022 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
Taking a look at the comments here, it looks like this anime is playing the ninja part a bit too straight for the Western audience. The reason for the separation of men and women makes sense from a practical perspective. There is a great deal of time, money, and resources spent to train these ninjas, and whoever is funding everything expects each girl in the show to produce more value as a ninja than it took to train them. The sad fact is that none of these girls will probably start a family and the best they can hope for is to survive long enough to come back as a teacher. It is no wonder so many chose to leave the path of the ninja when they recognized what the cost would actually be. Now it seems the goal is to get these girls so far down the path that once they learn the truth they are already so committed that they stay as a ninja. If this village only trained male ninjas, then there wouldn't be a problem. The girls would be raised to be wives and just run a household. The path of the kunoichi is a tough one.

I feel the main source of the disconnect is that much of the historical truth and legends don't make their way to English. We learn of ninjas in pop culture, but its not a part of our culture. It would be the same as cowboys and superheroes in Japan. Japan knows of both, but the inherent foreignness of the topic means a good deal doesn't cross over the ocean.
Jun 17, 2022 8:25 PM
May 2015
vF_Wackiier said:
This episode was so relaxing during the second half, I really like Mokuren.

Based, I also thought she was great since I saw her feeding birds in the OP in episode 2 👍
Jun 17, 2022 8:26 PM
May 2015
Everything about the healing aura around Mokuren, the amazing art and animation, and overall cuteness may have already been said, but I wanna just add my support to those statements! 😆
Jun 17, 2022 8:30 PM
May 2015
Maou_heika said:
The explanation didn't make much sense. If couples are eloping then there's definitely something wrong with the village but instead of fixing that they just separated the boys and girls. Like how are the kids being born!? Even if they mix up with each other sometime later in life, do the parents separate with the same gender parent taking the child with them or do they simply abandon them in something like an orphanage!?

I think that kids are separated once they get older. I suspected this was the explanation from episode 1, I figured they didn’t want love to get in the way of these girls’ career paths, but maybe that’s because I know of this:
Jul 2, 2022 1:47 AM

Aug 2018
"Pam."
So that's why they're hiding it, Romance. Well, Tsubaki will have to keep the secret, plus she also...well, she has her doubts xd. day off, Mokuren was enjoying the day off but they were asking for her help, and then she relaxed...too much xd.
Good chapter. This version of the ending, very good too.
Jul 6, 2022 5:50 PM

Nov 2018
THE CUNNY IS SO STRONG ON THIS SHOW

I'M GONNA

I'M GONNA

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 18, 2022 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
Forehead has been hit! I repeat Forehead has been hit!

Certainly a desperate measure to split the classes and demonize the other sex just to stop the eloping problem lol.

Oct 11, 2022 2:25 PM
Jan 2022
Dramátic episode and sad jaja nope don’t care about her and her drama
Mar 19, 2:44 PM

Aug 2019
sazanka reminds me of kuroko
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 25, 2022

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2022

43 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 21, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2022

34 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 20, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 4, 2022

39 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 20, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.