Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2022 9:02 AM

Dec 2020
I just say 10/10 episode, Loid was calm but at this point where anya cried he gives the director a punch.

The animal scene yor was on point there.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 30, 2022 9:07 AM
Feb 2017
You know, when it comes to Anya, even Loid could be stronger than Saitama CAUSE HE JUST DID SOMETHING THAT EVEN SAITAMA COULDN'T DO AND MADE HIM FRUSTRATED OTHER THAN BEATEN BY KING IN A GAME, ONE-PUNCHED A MOSQUITO!!!
Apr 30, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2014
Making Anya cry....THAT IS A FELONY I WOULD NEVER LET GOOOO!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 30, 2022 9:09 AM

Aug 2021
Another great episode per usual. The introduction of Henderson was great and I really like his character already, also him punching that other interviewer had to be one of the more satisfying things I've ever seen. Seeing the family come together more and more with each episode is great to see too, really wholesome and well-done.
Apr 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Man that headmaster was a piece of work, Loid was gentlemen enough to not go through with slugging him and left with dignity and disappointment in the school itself but I’m glad that spurred the elegant guy who smacked one into him.

I loved the scene where Anya said she loved her parents and wanted to stay with them forever. So heartwarming that it made me tear up a bit but then she cried for real which got me annoyed at that guy.
Apr 30, 2022 9:13 AM
Feb 2022
So there is a moment here where Anya mentions a mission while crying on her father's lap at the end of the episode. I would so love to brush it off but its becoming increasingly obvious that Twilight is not as sharp as he seems...
Nov 2020
I was so excited for this ep, the interview is very entertaining! I like how Loid tries to convince himself he doesn’t care about Anya and Yor but in the end he gets so angry at the interviewer that he breaks the table
Nov 2020
I was so excited for this ep, the interview is very entertaining! I like how Loid tries to convince himself he doesn’t care about Anya and Yor but in the end he gets so angry at the interviewer that he breaks the table

Aug 2020
This episode was pure ELEGANCE !!
Apr 30, 2022 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
Looks like Henderson has developed a soft spot for them.

Jan 2018
This episode went by very fast. Makes waiting a week more painful for me. But still a great episode which makes the pain worth it.

I thought the elegant headmaster was gonna be annoying at first but he was a pretty nice guy. Wonder how he'd feel about a Spy Family infiltrating his school if he ever found out tho lol. The nepotism headmaster was annoying and deserved a beating.

Aug 2020
Lmao this episode was hilarious and the punch was also very satisfying.
Really satisfied with this adaptation so far.
Apr 30, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2016
It must be one hell of a school interview when even a pro like Loid feels the pressure. But in reality we all know that he was only concerned because his family life was at stake.

This episode was hilariously eleganto until Swan opened his mouth. He's pretty much the opposite 🐷 lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2022 9:20 AM
Oct 2020
Vinsmoke07 said:
So there is a moment here where Anya mentions a mission while crying on her father's lap at the end of the episode. I would so love to brush it off but its becoming increasingly obvious that Twilight is not as sharp as he seems...
I assume you watched this on Muse Asia? I usually do a re-watch on some pirated websites since their subs are more accurate than Muse’s and there was no mention of the word ‘mission’ during that scene on the websites.
Apr 30, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2017
Vinsmoke07 said:
I guess his spy intuition and skills always become duller whenever the circumstances concern about Anya and Yor. You know, I think deep down from his heart, he genuinely cares and loves them...
Apr 30, 2022 9:21 AM
Jan 2021
Beexi said:
There was a lot of CG crowd in this episode mmmmm can’t be helped .
The anya moment crying moment really break my heart and how can we not forget about the “Elegance punch.”
There were many inconsistencies in character designs , I think the production was really tight .
Moreover the adaptation doesn’t trying to do anything different or elevating the source material but they are just taking conservative approach.
The 2 split cours makes sense due to production problems the quality literally not as good as EP 1 it’s just going down .
Overall elegance episode had fun and voice actors did a great job in conveying good dialogues

What a perfectionist man you are. Congratulations!
Oct 2016
That instructor best not be messing with Anya. Too much of that will make his face turn to a bloody pulp. Loid and Yor almost had to step in but I'm glad the other teacher whacked him. I teared up when Anya did thinking about leaving her mama and papa. That interview started to get intolerable with those jabbing questions trying to stir the Forgers up out of spite for that teachers family falling apart. Both the parents almost sprung into action defending Anya. Loid getting more attached than he planned is one of my favorite parts of this show. He's so used to be a spy whom doesn't rely on anyone and is never nervous but now he's defending Yor and Anya at risk of mission success. The elegant teacher definitely made me laugh during the early portion of this episode. Elegant elegance! The exam so strict testing the families even as they're walking inside the gates. Looking for elegance to keep their school properly elegant. Yor stopping the cow with pressure points was truly elegant. Anya so sweet comforting the cow afterwards when it was scared. The two teachers whom were nice to the Forgers should vouch for them to let Anya attend the school. Their family will have great success.

Sep 2017
Lol at Anya failing to talk properly in keigo. I'm sure some of the funny grammar went over my head but what I was able to understand was pretty cute.
Apr 30, 2022 9:22 AM

Mar 2010
Very elegant emotional and funny episode
Apr 30, 2022 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
Vig1lantePop said:
Vinsmoke07 said:
I assume you watched this on Muse Asia? I usually do a re-watch on some pirated websites since their subs are more accurate than Muse’s and there was no mention of the word ‘mission’ during that scene on the websites.

The subs are correct. Anya does indeed talk about the mission, but she thinks it to herself.
Apr 30, 2022 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
CQLLIST said:
So after Anya and Yor practiced for their interview, they proceeded to go for it, and Henry’s appearance right here right now, he sees everything as ELEGANCE in the NAKED EYE. His expectations are indeed high for the Forger family because of ELEGANCE and without ELEGANCE it sure has exceeded his perception when they have a salute to the statue, saving a boy who is literally stuck in the damn friggin hole; Loid manages to save the boy and yes, you know the Forger family is just ELEGANCE ALL OVER BECAUSE THEY PERFORM IN SUCH MANNER AND STELLAR OUTLOOK. THE CROWDED ANIMALS RUNNING ARE GOING WILD AF and Yor whipping the shit outta the cow by pointing at them LMAO.

Tbh I’m really thankful that each and every episode from this adaptation isn’t as exaggerated as the manga though some people may say the comedy is not as impactful but to me, I would seriously die if they went exaggerated due to laughing nonstop which is going to affect me in a negative way :( So the interview has started and from the outlook, seems like there were some ups and downs and the Forger family is going wild af, also fuck you fatty ass mustache guy for insulting our Yor’s incompetence in cooking! Glad Loid is defending her though and yikes he broke the table, get his ass Loid! What a bunch of clowns, but glad Henry pulls out the ELEGANCE punch :D

We must protect Anya from crying at all cost!

I'm with you, they made the right justice to the manga's comedy, nothing flamboyant. I can also say the same about Henderson's personality
Apr 30, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2019
Every episode is a treat. It makes me more and more excited every single time an episode ends cause as a manga reader you just know how fun the next one will be. 😆
Apr 30, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2021
The episode was decent it was all about the interview and loid/twilight really knows how to react to every situation. I give this episode 7/10.
Apr 30, 2022 9:32 AM
Mar 2022
thebrentinator24 said:
Seeing Henderson punch that arrogant jackass was so satisfying, that's all I cared about seeing in today's episode. How dare you make Anya cry 🤬

Like fr he had it coming after saying such awful things.He had no right to ask Anya a question like that🤬
Apr 30, 2022 9:34 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was tres elegant. They had 3 sets of clothes which made the headmaster so impressed. Henderson punching that guy was great to see. He definitely deserved that.
Apr 30, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 2022
I’m crying with Anya
Apr 30, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 2022
AMAZING I LOVED IT SOOO MUCHH
Apr 30, 2022 9:39 AM
Sep 2015
This is the episode that make me understand why Spy x Family is a big hit manga. The first 3 episodes, while good, are not that good. This episode is "that good".
Shingster

Jun 2015
And the time has come for their next mission 'The Interview'. Damm Eden college really lives up to its fame. Even before they take the exam the kids and their families are already being observed and evaluated against huh. The sewage trap really was a rather harsh trial though. Elegance or not if you see someone in distress you would help them. Though unplanned the stampede really allowed them to show their worth to the housemaster. The interview proved to be a hell of a barrel of laughs. The question about Anya's real mother though was such a low move on Swans part. I really hope that the housemaster is able to overturn the negative results from this interview and get Anya into Eden though. Still that aside no man would be able to sit still if their family was being slandered like that. Swan was lucky there was a mosquito in the room.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2021
I thought this just comedy anime. And then Anya start tearing... Protect her with all cost is a must!
Rating for this episode : elegant/10
Apr 30, 2022 9:40 AM
Mar 2022
The moment Anya started crying😭it was sooo sad
Apr 30, 2022 9:42 AM
Aug 2013
I thought the first 3 episodes were good, but something felt lacking; it's hard to explain, but it just didn't quite flow as well as the manga did. At times, the scene to scene felt just a bit disjointed.

But this one? Excellent. The first episode were I truly felt like the anime ascended to "great".

Here's hoping for more.
Apr 30, 2022 9:46 AM
作画

Nov 2019
this episode was so elegantly executed! I was moved even though I'm a manga reader, can't wait for more!
Apr 30, 2022 9:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Elegance is all they need! The entrance at the school before the interview was fun, though I got so frustrated by Swann during the interview this guy is pure trash at least he got punched, but they got the right reaction, anyway that was a perfect episode as always, no we just have to hope that she'll get accepted in the school lol
Apr 30, 2022 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
Elegant episode. Its entrance exam and interview, which the Forger family prepared for it. Even they have 2 sets
of clothes lol. Its funny to see the reaction of headmaster with them especially Loid, which he was testing him and a brewing rivalry. The interview is wholesome but in the end its intense beause of how pissed Loid and Yor for Anya. Even headmaster elegantly punched him. Overall great episode

Apr 30, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2020
Such elegant episode indeed a bit more serious and emotional then previous ones keeps getting better absolutely love it

5/5
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Apr 30, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
this episode is so good and funny especially the yor and cow moment lmaoo and anya crying broke my heart i’m glad that that fatass guy got what he deserves and elegant headmaster is a badass and SO ELEGANT!!
bam
Apr 30, 2022 10:01 AM

Nov 2014
Vinsmoke07 said:
Notice how she said it in italics, which means it's a thought. She's not saying it out loud.
Apr 30, 2022 10:01 AM
Nov 2018
Vinsmoke07 said:

She didn't said it out loud (the mission part). I know the subs made it a bit confusing, but the only thing she said it out loud was wanting to go to school.
Apr 30, 2022 10:04 AM
Mar 2022
The episode mixes funny and serious situations so well that I didn't realize when the episode was over 👌

Also, Anya answers were so cute I- ❤️😭😍

The intendence all ep was like: ELEGANCE 🧐
Apr 30, 2022 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
What an extremely Elegant episode, indeed.

(Yes, this is getting overused now, but fuck it, I'm gonna jump on the train for this one lmfao)
Apr 30, 2022 10:06 AM
Jan 2022
The most ELEGANT episode so far! But in all honesty, seeing Yor stop that bull dead in its tracks, with all the animals in the background end up becoming afraid of her was hilarious af! 😆 😆 😆
Apr 30, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2019
Come on Loid, it wasn't that bad of an audition as many honest points were earned in the exam cabinet. Human mind is as flexible as the Möbius Strip but you can't hide the feelings forever. Too bad that he didn't saw that punch to the face of a thieves' barbel.

Wow, the tough cow neutralisation scene. It was glorious from top to bottom, from Yor "yoga skills" to Anya's compassion and all the reaction faces in between. Tasty seconds.

Anya's speech in front of the examenators was wonderful, her williness to help Loid and sincere desire to stay as a family fueled the adorable scene. At least she's watching helpful cartoons unlike today's real world kids.

So let's raise a cup of tea to the success of this crazy family, gentlemen.
Apr 30, 2022 10:10 AM

May 2021
EL-ELE-ELEGANT, this episode was perfect. we were blessed by more animated anya expressions 🛐(fuck mr swan, all my homies hate him)
Apr 30, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2022
This is the first time I could be in tact with this anime, adored how Forger and Yor prepared so much for the field test (for example brought some exchange clothes in advance) and the way Yor do to the cow, lol. Next, in interview session, there are mixed feelings, grateful and mad at similar time due to Forger ability to answer most of the questions smoothly but made me mad when some provocative questions asked, which Anya and Yor can't take them lightly. Too bad all of them failed the interview in the end. The only hope is those two interviewers now, as they adored Forger family since entrance to that school.
Ardi8Apr 30, 2022 10:15 AM
Apr 30, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 2021
this episode is so cool I like it
Apr 30, 2022 10:17 AM

Oct 2021
I think this will be my favorite episode for now.
Anya crying, school, some secrets,
and...

ELEGANCE!
yes.
Apr 30, 2022 10:20 AM
Jan 2022
This anime is good but till now there has not been anything that can mark this as a Masterpiece.I dont understand how this anime has 9+ rating on the basis of these 4 episodes.
Apr 30, 2022 10:23 AM
May 2021
Vinsmoke07 said:

I think he just thinks that Anya is too much into that spy show that she treats real life stuff like that. Like treating getting admission as a mission.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2022

237 by Poppy123 »»
Mar 26, 5:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.