Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2022 6:25 AM
Jun 2021
They showed Sakura to have come from a pretty rich household, but, if her pancreas stopped working then why not go for 'Pancreas transplantation'? Even the Movie took place in the modern era Japan with modern technology???
Apr 28, 2022 6:34 AM
Dec 2020
kingsley_017 said:
They showed Sakura to have come from a pretty rich household, but, if her pancreas stopped working then why not go for 'Pancreas transplantation'? Even the Movie took place in the modern era Japan with modern technology???

I accidentally refreshed page typing my explanation but here it is shortened. Japan has negative growth rate, pancreas is a required organ to survive so donating it is suicide. Its population is extremely disleveled with more elderly than youth and organ doners are extremely depending on how viable the person receiving and giving the transplant are

An organ transplant between 2 unviable people would be like trying to shove a tank into a small garage. Sure it might go in, but you will destroy the home in the progress
Being human is making mistakes.
Apr 28, 2022 6:35 AM
Feb 2022
kingsley_017 said:

she didn't die because of her pancreas problem. a serial killer killed her. Even if she had a transplantation, she still must have been killed.
Apr 28, 2022 6:36 AM
Dec 2020
KANG_THECONQUROR said:
kingsley_017 said:

she didn't die because of her pancreas problem. a serial killer killed her. Even if she had a transplantation, she still must have been killed.

Spoiler tag, but yeah. The OP is asking why didn’t they get a pancreas transplant so she wouldn’t have had that chance of dying in the first place
Apr 28, 2022 6:38 AM
Oct 2020
kingsley_017 said:
I suppose it's due to the fact that Isayama unified with Togashi resulting in a series of medicinal procedures, in which Kurapika decides to enslave Armin as the 5 Kage arc really subdued the fact that plagiarism was so frowned upon. As for the pancreas aptitude, Lelouch finally determined the capabilities of Mob and Gojo, possibly referring to them being planetary.
Apr 28, 2022 6:39 AM

Nov 2021
Pancreas transplant isn't that easy as you think
Now as you are asking for logics/sense ~
1) Most pancreas transplants are done to treat type 1 diabetes. But if it's more serious or is there for more than year or two, then chances of its success is less.
2) It have its harmful side-effects too.
3) you can't be sure that you will get a donor anytime even if you are rich enough.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 28, 2022 6:44 AM
Dec 2020
itsrj20 said:
1) Most pancreas transplants are done to treat type 1 diabetes. But if it's more serious or is there for more than year or two, then chances of its success is less.
3) you can't be sure that you will get a donor anytime even if you are rich enough.

+ chances your body rejects the donors pancreas even if it is viable, healing post surgery and %chance of failure. Honestly would be kinder to the person to put them down instead of leave them knowing they will die soon. Its like having an impending sense of doom
Apr 28, 2022 6:45 AM

May 2021
Nice question,The answer is rather simple; PLOT
Apr 28, 2022 6:48 AM

Apr 2019
It says that a Pancreas Transplant is only used to cure diabetes and can't be used to cure the pancreatic cancer which Sakura had

Apr 28, 2022 6:49 AM

Nov 2021
Ikarus101 said:
itsrj20 said:

+ chances your body rejects the donors pancreas even if it is viable, healing post surgery and %chance of failure. Honestly would be kinder to the person to put them down instead of leave them knowing they will die soon. Its like having an impending sense of doom

Yep and after all of the struggle/surgery you still can't be sure how much longer you gonna live, no one can tell what will happen you the next day of surgery.
Technology can help a lot but still operation isn't everything.
They just gonna suffer more, it's same for most of diseases like cancer etc..

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 28, 2022 6:58 AM
Dec 2020
itsrj20 said:
Ikarus101 said:

Yep and after all of the struggle/surgery you still can't be sure how much longer you gonna live, no one can tell what will happen you the next day of surgery.
Technology can help a lot but still operation isn't everything.
They just gonna suffer more, it's same for most of diseases like cancer etc..
Maybe 15-20 years when people start realizing that currently a lot of cancer research is done to prevent and slow it down not cure or berid of cancer. Technology and a more empathetic generation of doctors. Just gotta hope
Apr 28, 2022 7:01 AM
Jul 2021
Transplant is only used to cure diabetes...You can't replace your own pancreas, therefore can't cure pancreatic cancer. Plus pancreatic cancer can only be cured through an early diagnosis. If it isn't in its early stages you're 100% dying.
Apr 28, 2022 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
kingsley_017 said:

They leave the disease pretty vague we know something was wrong with her pancreas but we don’t know what so we can’t even be sure a transplant would work
Apr 28, 2022 7:45 AM
May 2021
kingsley_017 said:

That's exactly the same thing I was thinking. Honestly speaking, I am still thinking about it.

Edit: After reading all the replies above, I think it's understandable.
itz_me_atsApr 28, 2022 7:51 AM
Apr 28, 2022 7:50 AM
Jul 2021
1) the chances of finding the right donor within a small time limit is very slim (especially because you need a pancreas to live)
2) She might just not want it (which i wouldn’t be surprised by)
3) The movie needed at least some plot. Without her disease then what would it be about
Apr 28, 2022 8:55 AM
Mar 2021
KANG_THECONQUROR said:
kingsley_017 said:

You don't know that
Apr 28, 2022 9:57 AM
Sep 2021
This is not a Show, It's a Movie

the thing that didn't made sense was she dying in a terrible way as possible

The Writer could have made her death better by she dying happly by the people around her

Rather that she gets killed by some random bitch
Deserved a better ending for the diseased girl. 🤧
Apr 28, 2022 10:48 AM
Aug 2021
Vsymoh said:
kingsley_017 said:
I suppose it's due to the fact that Isayama unified with Togashi resulting in a series of medicinal procedures, in which Kurapika decides to enslave Armin as the 5 Kage arc really subdued the fact that plagiarism was so frowned upon. As for the pancreas aptitude, Lelouch finally determined the capabilities of Mob and Gojo, possibly referring to them being planetary.

Bruh wut (15 char limit)
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
Apr 29, 2022 4:37 AM
Jun 2021
Vsymoh said:
kingsley_017 said:

i lost too many brain cells reading that
Apr 29, 2022 10:10 AM
Jan 2022
Orbakun said:
kingsley_017 said:

They leave the disease pretty vague we know something was wrong with her pancreas but we don’t know what so we can’t even be sure a transplant would work

yes bro you are right(some has an idea about what the posted)
Apr 29, 2022 5:28 PM
Feb 2022
Vsymoh said:
kingsley_017 said:

this is one of the best explanation so far.
Apr 30, 2022 10:33 PM
Jun 2021
Shelby07 said:
This is not a Show, It's a Movie

the thing that didn't made sense was she dying in a terrible way as possible

The Writer could have made her death better by she dying happly by the people around her

Rather that she gets killed by some random bitch
Deserved a better ending for the diseased girl. 🤧
But if you think that in this way, suppose she dies by her illness, her friends other than Haruki and Kyoko comes to know that she had the disease all along and didn't say to them, they'll think bad of Sakura for hiding it from them. So if she dies in this way, her friends would think her Fate ends here and bid her a better Farewell with good thoughts about her
May 4, 2022 8:46 AM
Nov 2018
kingsley_017 said:

rich doesnt mean they can buy it, given how rare the size, blood type, etc would be to be compatible to another person

and also, i dont think artificial pancreas exists yet?
May 4, 2022 3:23 PM
May 2021
kingsley_017 said:

Pancreas cancer is very bad disease. The tumor can spread realy fast and get to other organs so transplantation wouldn't do much.
And if that tumor was operated it is realy big chance that human who is geting that tumor removed will die.
from all the cases only 10% of patients who get that operation survived not to mention that this operation will only extend their live for 2-4.
I have some xperience with pancreas cancer because my grandfather had it.
Aug 14, 2022 10:00 AM
Apr 2010
the portrayal of the illness is entirely unbelievable. the pancreas is a very important organ to the human body. it creates enzymes that break down sugars and fat as well as hormones that aid digestion and glucose metabolism. while i'm no doctor, i still understand that even a partially non-functioning pancreas is very painful and causes quite a lot of other problems. the most immediate issue is indigestion, nausea, and then advances to fever & jaundice. these have their own side effects such as blurry vision, fatigue, insomnia, depression, etc. a total non-functioning pancreas, as portrayed in the film, is lethal. sakura would not have the appetite she was shown having in this film. the diet of a pancreatic cancer patient would be mostly fluids, soft foods, lots of intravenous fluid therapy, and absolutely no fats, sugars, caffeine, definitely no offal. in a real world scenario, the pancreas is still at least somewhat functional even into the late stages of illness. complete death of the organ implies no blood flow to the cells, which means it begins the process of necrosis, which would lead to multiple organ failure/septic shock. there's no such thing as a dead pancreas without a dead host. the plot armor here would be that she's quite simply lying when she says her pancreas is dead, but for me, the appetite, specifically for animal organs; something a pancreatic patient absolutely cannot ingest, was completely and totally illusion-breaking.

More topics from this board

» The only movie I refuse to rewatch.

dmdm597 - Jul 21, 2022

48 by v-ega »»
Apr 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Sep 1, 2018

367 by EmreKaraoz67 »»
Apr 6, 8:13 PM

» *SPOILER* did anyone cry in this movie? ( 1 2 )

ichigo23sterling - Apr 11, 2021

92 by OggyYamauchi »»
Mar 25, 2:27 PM

» Please explain me the ending (Spoilers)

Anime_lover_2004 - May 8, 2020

16 by Atsunome »»
Jan 11, 5:26 AM

» Anime like this

spasoklab - Sep 10, 2023

29 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.