Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Colorido and Netflix to Co-Produce Three Anime Movies

New
Apr 26, 2022 10:48 PM

Aug 2014
Studio Colorido and Netflix announced on Wednesday the companies are producing three anime movies, including Ame wo Tsugeru Hyouryuu Danchi (Drifting Home).

Tomotoka Shibayama (Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu) is set to direct an original romance anime movie. The movie is scheduled to stream exclusively on Netflix worldwide in 2024. Studio Colorido revealed an image board for the film (pictured right).

The planned anime movie that has yet to be officially titled, will be that of a whimsical romance story taking place over the course of one winter, Shibayama teased in a comment. He further elaborated that in this movie he wishes to respectfully illustrate how story characters mature and develop through experiencing the unexpected in expectable daily life; and by doing so deliver a piece of work that supports and gives strength to young people struggling with romance. Shibayama concluded by wishing for everyone to please look forward to what he has in store.

Ame wo Tsugeru Hyouryuu Danchi (Drifting Home) is scheduled to stream worldwide exclusively on Netflix on September 16. The collaboration between Studio Colorido and Netflix will seek to bring anime to a larger audience with all three films being available on the streaming platform.

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotApr 26, 2022 10:52 PM
Apr 26, 2022 10:57 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oh wow, I've been hoping for more anime set during the winter and not just Kanon (2006)... this should be pretty exciting!!
Apr 27, 2022 12:01 AM

Oct 2018
Let's gooo!! Original movies are always hype and that too when it's from your favorite studio. I wonder if the third one will be made by the Kawano team or if the studio has a new branch. Drifting Home definitely seems to be the most promising one though.
Apr 27, 2022 12:31 AM

Apr 2016
But where is my Cuties S2 ???
Apr 27, 2022 12:54 AM

Oct 2017
I like Studio Colorido works so gonna watch em.
Apr 27, 2022 1:13 AM

Feb 2019
Netflix + anime = shit.
Apr 27, 2022 1:26 AM

Feb 2019
Oh lord, an absolute nobody making a movie in the laziest genre. This'll go nowhere.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Apr 27, 2022 4:56 AM

Feb 2020
I have watched some short movies of colorido, i am not all that impressed with those. I had fun watching A whisker away. But tbh it was kind of very derivative.

Lets see how these movies go.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 27, 2022 5:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm intrigued to see how these other films play out, mainly the romance one
Apr 27, 2022 6:04 AM

May 2008
O_T_T said:
Oh lord, an absolute nobody making a movie in the laziest genre. This'll go nowhere.

At least it's not another trash isekai harem ecchi.
Apr 27, 2022 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
Ugh, Netflix, please stay away from anime production.
Apr 27, 2022 11:09 AM
Mar 2019
It's gonna suck that these movies are not gonna get physical releases. Studio Colorido is the only anime studio that only has one movie released on Blu ray and DVD.
Apr 29, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2020
Lately, I have been getting into some Netflix anime and Studio Colorido is pretty good as far as I remember. Not gonna put too much hope on these movies but it would be nice if they turn out to be good nevertheless.
May 31, 2022 3:09 PM
May 2022
I am very excited for these movies. I feel Colorido is better than what people think. A Whisker Away was amazing and had an excellent dub. The thing about working with Netflix is that you get good English translations/voice acting. Don't underestimate these movies. I have high hopes for them. Colorido did some cool Pokemon YouTube shorts if you want to check those out as well.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.