Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 26, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Tenji really wants the others dead so that he can have Shiho all to himself for his own revenge plan, not surprised that there's people like him around to tamper with all of their relationships for his own gain, especially one if it has a romantic effect to it.

Time to continue the Bad-Mouth Sugoroku game, and more lies and deceit spew out as the game progresses within those 3-minute multipliers and game periods. And as expected, Shiho, Yuichi and Yutori had a romantic farce to lead Tenji into thinking that he truly had the upper hand

For now, this game plays periods to lessen debt, and "chance" spots to go ahead with the biggest exposé of their lives, and out of the 5, Tenji is the one to avoid this treatment. And only Manabu-kun makes the choices more exquisite for the choices to matter. Shibe's taking the shot to volunteer to be the biggest exposé, and to be the son of a public prospector whom has had affairs and scandals, this is probably the most scathing reveal so far that Tenji goes all-in to avoid suspicions falling onto himself. Even worse, Shibe killing a person, this seems too outrageous to be a thing...and only one person can doctorate that off: Yuichi.

Honestly though, if I had money I would bet it all on Yuichi. He knows how to play "two at that game", and let's see how it goes of Yuichi vs. the traitor Tenji.
KANLen09Apr 26, 2022 9:42 AM
Apr 26, 2022 8:35 AM

Feb 2019
I really hate tenji so much for getting between Yuichi and Shiho. Generational instigator. I hope they get it patched up at some point. Hated to see Yutori and Shiho get into it like that as well.

Was a pretty hard episode to watch because I hate seeing relationships torn apart, but the drama is great. Looking forward to next week to learn more about Shibe situation. I’m sure it was probably an accidental death or something.
Marinate1016Apr 26, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 26, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2017
There's a rhetorical strategy that Tenji uses in his discussion with Shiho - "Don't go looking for villains!" but then proceeding to make accusations himself, albeit under the guise of being Shiho's ally. It gives the surface-level appearance of companionship while also allowing him to undermine everything as he sees fit.

But as we learn throughout the show, Tenji may have been the one who stole the money and signed them up for the Tomodachi Game, but even he is not infallible. This manifests in two ways - firstly, the actual rules of the games and spaces are unpredictable, which means that if Tenji wants to make his plan work, he needs to more-actively taken into consideration a slew of unknowns. This makes his ability to enact his ideas more dangerous than he previously thought.

Secondly, Tenji is playing the game with four other people, each with their own agendas and identities. The fact that he only-just narrowly avoided having his entire plan blown to smithereens was only saved by Shibe deciding to be repentant and apologetic. Plus, Yuichi having evidently set the stage for a plan of his own that has caught Tenji off-guard is a reminder that he's also being watched. Granted, Tenji wanted to get some suspicion off of him, but his cavalier attitude about throwing around hypotheticals and accusations isn't the kind of thing you can do and not have others notice.

For now, we press onward!
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Apr 26, 2022 9:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yuichi is up to something again, oh boy.

I liked the inner thoughts of Tenji, this might blow up in his face though.

Apr 26, 2022 9:10 AM
May 2021
really good episode

Apr 26, 2022 9:23 AM
Mar 2019
I can't wait for the couple next eps
Apr 26, 2022 9:27 AM
Oct 2021
Umm, i don't know why but i have a strong feeling the slap was actually planned by yuichi and shiho when tenji was writing the stuff. Also, it would be too strange if no one noticed tenji trying to open the door before 3 mins. That effectively gives away that he wrote something and tried to come out when he was done.

Apr 26, 2022 9:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

Jesus, manga Yuichi looks menacing as FUCK.
Apr 26, 2022 9:33 AM

Jun 2021
Tenji is so toxic it's really scary, like he's ready to throw anyone under the bus at a moments notice.

On the other hand, he is so blatant about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuichi already figured him out and laid his trap back when Tenji was in the box and has everyone else on board already

Interesting choice to change the pov character after having last weeks reveal.
Apr 26, 2022 9:46 AM
Mar 2022
Good episode can't wait for the next ep
Apr 26, 2022 9:50 AM

Sep 2018
If this show is about building tension then it's doing a good job

I so wanted Tenji to go down that episode, I thought I might explode !!!

And I love that the show trolled the viewers (are you the gullible idiot?)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 26, 2022 9:54 AM
Apr 2022
i am sure that yuiichi saw the handwriting of that traitor guy and i think manasabu or whatever his name, that guy threw the paper on purpose so that he would see the handwriting i guess tenji completely fell for yuiichi's trap
In case you guys missed they literally showed that paper when yuiichi slapped that tenji crush (forgot her name) 😐
Apr 26, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2016
Idk how anyone doesn't seen tenji as the bad guy. he was suspicious the entire team.
Apr 26, 2022 9:57 AM
Jul 2016
Tenji is such a shit-stirrer. These stupid mind-games make for fun rewatching.

Now that we know that Tenji was the one who stole the money and got everyone involved in the Tomodachi Game, we can now laugh at the previous episodes where Tenji tries to act like a voice of reason for the group. Like in Episode 1, where Tenji yells at Manabu, "tHiS gAmE iS a CrImE!!!!!!".

This is also why manga readers refuse to STFU because they can see the clues that most people won't pick up on. This episode has a HUGE clue about Yuiichi's strategy to find the traitor. It's hiding in plain sight! But the viewer won't know about it until next week!!!

Not related, but I just noticed "gangster Manabu" in the OP. It made me giggle.
Apr 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Sep 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Idk how anyone doesn't seen tenji as the bad guy. he was suspicious the entire team.

They're playing him...

Apr 26, 2022 10:02 AM

Mar 2021
"Shiho's jugs are big. But its not as big as Yutori's"

Hidden up here is a clue for yuuichi's plan.

Have a fun time finding the clue

pervs...
Apr 26, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

bruh.. look at the scene.. the anime doesn't even feels like the same character..

I'm increasing the rating from 8/10 to 9/10 cuz holy hell! is this shit so interesting!
and exhilirating.. I love anime where we focus on drama of characters while they are fighting for their fking lives and this one lives upto the hype the manga fans have been creating since ep 1..

Gonna pick up the manga soon
Apr 26, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
good episode overall. Just like the episode title, i was cringing so hard at tenji omfg
Apr 26, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2021
eren_2601 said:
i am sure that yuiichi saw the handwriting of that traitor guy and i think manasabu or whatever his name, that guy threw the paper on purpose so that he would see the handwriting i guess tenji completely fell for yuiichi's trap
In case you guys missed they literally showed that paper when yuiichi slapped that tenji crush (forgot her name) 😐

Nice observations. But you are 80% wrong. I wont tell you why. But observe the episode more and you'll pick up hints and that'll help you get an idea of whats actually happening. Try watching the last episode as well.
Apr 26, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2020
The drama isn't stopping, moreover reaching some new heights every other episode. Tenji getting the taste of his own medicine towards the end, really can't wait what Yuuichi's up to.
Apr 26, 2022 10:13 AM

Sep 2018
UkRs said:
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

bruh.. look at the scene.. the anime doesn't even feels like the same character..

I'm increasing the rating from 8/10 to 9/10 cuz holy hell! is this shit so interesting!
and exhilirating.. I love anime where we focus on drama of characters while they are fighting for their fking lives and this one lives upto the hype the manga fans have been creating since ep 1..

The anime version is a bit edge lord

But oh boy, there's some serious fucking malice in those manga eyes

Apr 26, 2022 10:15 AM
Aug 2020
Very interesting episode. Cant wait for the next one
My Candies :
Apr 26, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2021
UkRs said:
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

they could've removed the shine from his eyes and made his irises darker, would've definitely made this scene much better
Apr 26, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Tenji really wants Shiho all for himself...
He even tried to go as far as making her doubt Yutori...
Tenji even bad mouths himself and as he comes out of the booth, everyone is arguing with each other...
Shiho gets a special chance to expose one person's big secret.
Tenji is scared of that because he...applied for Tomodachi game?!
Shibe asks to be picked...what bad timing...Tenji's secrets could have been revelaed and the group could have solely isolated him!
Shibe's secret that was revealed was about his dad being involved in criminal activities-it seems even he didn't know this. Tenji used this chance to try lay the blame on Shibe! Someone even revealed that Shibe killed someone but it wasn't Tenji.
It would seem Yuichi is up to something to see who the impostor truly is...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 26, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2016
borderliner said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

They're playing him...

Ok that is what I thought was happening.
Apr 26, 2022 10:38 AM
Mar 2022
Smudy said:
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

manga opinion: look badass
anime opinion: psychopath's smile
Apr 26, 2022 11:00 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Tenji managing to keep Sawaragi away from the others but on the other hand we have Yuuichi who already suspects Tenji and expects a misstep from him to act and when one Makoto's truth arises this is the perfect opportunity
Apr 26, 2022 11:31 AM

Dec 2019
really good episode soooo much drama, looking forward to it next week
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
Apr 26, 2022 11:42 AM
Dec 2019
Smudy said:
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

This is why I say read the manga, just because the art alone is really good. And IMO the anime doesn't do it justice.
Apr 26, 2022 11:48 AM
Aug 2021
at the end they said "if you were watching closely, you must have noticed." r they just saying that for suspense, or are there actually signs we can c of yuichi doing something that i missed? or is r we supposed to b unable to c it?
Apr 26, 2022 11:56 AM

Aug 2020
isk____ said:
at the end they said "if you were watching closely, you must have noticed." r they just saying that for suspense, or are there actually signs we can c of yuichi doing something that i missed? or is r we supposed to b unable to c it?

You could, but I don´t think you will notice much.
Apr 26, 2022 12:17 PM
Dec 2020
isk____ said:

You'll notice something off with some of the characters if you rewatch it a couple of times.. But then again, I didn't notice it until they revealed it in the manga so it might not be easy to catch.
Apr 26, 2022 12:27 PM
May 2019
yep that was my last episode. unnatural things keep happening and which look totally forced on top of that. this show is straight up dumb imo.
Apr 26, 2022 1:19 PM
Jul 2021
Yashh said:
yep that was my last episode. unnatural things keep happening and which look totally forced on top of that. this show is straight up dumb imo.

I think that’s the point. It seems like some of them are acting and apparently, the glasses guy might be getting played. It’s supposed to be unnatural and forced since they’re not professional actors of anything
Apr 26, 2022 1:32 PM
Dec 2020
Yutori really pisses me off man look at the way she’s acting because she likes Yuichi, still haven’t seen any action from him too yet but I’m still waiting. And I really feel bad for Shibe even if he’s in the wrong it’s just so sad
Edit: I was wrong about that no action from Yuichi that last scene got me
-Flaky-Apr 26, 2022 1:36 PM
Apr 26, 2022 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
Yuichi is up to something again, I wonder what he's got planned this time...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 26, 2022 1:55 PM
Jun 2012
Someone pointed out, the papers that people wrote on have been crumbled or turned into origami outside of the booth, which I didn’t notice before. As long as disappearing ink wasn’t used like the last game, they should be able to at least tell that the same person has been revealing secrets, even if they couldn’t pinpoint the traitor specifically from his handwriting. When you’re in the booth, you could try turning the box upside down to see what secrets have submitted. Not sure if this is doable with a pen, but if the person before you writes hard enough on the notepad, you can color the page underneath to see what they wrote.

Yuichi doesn’t come off as a person who would resort to physical violence, so that whole fight with Shiho is most likely an act. It makes you wonder if everyone is in on it, or just Yuichi and Shiho. Shiho and Yuichi haven’t been talking one-to-one, at least from what we’ve been shown. Maybe they’ve been using the notepad in the private booth to communicate? We can see in the last round, Shiho went in right after Yuichi.
Apr 26, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2021
10/10 generalization of women.

Pacing's better in this episode. Also seems like Yuichi is up to stuff again.

Apr 26, 2022 2:13 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Surely they concocted some sort of plan against Tenji when he was casting his first vote.

Everyone is acting more suspicious than Tenji for this not to be true.
Apr 26, 2022 2:29 PM

Jan 2018
This was a very intense episode. Tenji is really starting to piss me off but it seems like the MC is just starting to make his move :o . Im curious to see how this game ends.
Apr 26, 2022 2:33 PM

Jan 2018
LoreleiNeko said:
Someone pointed out, the papers that people wrote on have been crumbled or turned into origami outside of the booth, which I didn’t notice before. As long as disappearing ink wasn’t used like the last game, they should be able to at least tell that the same person has been revealing secrets, even if they couldn’t pinpoint the traitor specifically from his handwriting. When you’re in the booth, you could try turning the box upside down to see what secrets have submitted. Not sure if this is doable with a pen, but if the person before you writes hard enough on the notepad, you can color the page underneath to see what they wrote.

Yuichi doesn’t come off as a person who would resort to physical violence, so that whole fight with Shiho is most likely an act. It makes you wonder if everyone is in on it, or just Yuichi and Shiho. Shiho and Yuichi haven’t been talking one-to-one, at least from what we’ve been shown. Maybe they’ve been using the notepad in the private booth to communicate? We can see in the last round, Shiho went in right after Yuichi.
I like how you think.
Apr 26, 2022 2:40 PM
May 2021
This was intriguing to watch, probably the best episode of spring 2022 so far, if we're not counting One piece ep 1015
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 26, 2022 3:02 PM
Apr 2010
For sure Tenji grabbing the doorknob before the time was up is a tell that he wrote something down, and it must have been relevant, otherwise no reason to animate it. I half-expected Yuuichi to confront Tenji after he left the booth, but I guess he has other plans...

Apr 26, 2022 3:11 PM
Mar 2022
isk____ said:
There are indeed three signs of yuichi's plan that you can see in previous episodes (and in this one too) but it's quite hard to notice it.
Thomas_yorkApr 26, 2022 3:14 PM
Apr 26, 2022 3:15 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Tenji got Shiho wrapped around his finger with all the lies he's telling her and managed to turn Shiho and Yutadori against each other. Poor Shibe-kun is all alone now as nobody believes a word he says. However, Tenji's plan might backfire on him as he was not the one who wrote down that Shibe killed someone as it looks like Yuuichi has something else up his sleeve.
Apr 26, 2022 3:21 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Feels bad for rich boy. Not only getting shocking news, but losing his friends all within the second. I'm curious if he's in on Yuuichi's plan. Tenji is slimey as fuck.
Smudy said:
Galaxy_N1ck said:
really good episode

God that manga version 12/10.

I guess having the episode directed by a certain POV doesn't guarantee innocence.
Apr 26, 2022 3:22 PM

Aug 2021
Definitely the best episode so far. I was worried about the way the game and relationships were being handled the last episode but I really like how they did it this episode. The dynamics are working a lot better now, especially with Tenji and Yuichi. Hopefully it keeps getting better as we go along, could be pretty good.
Apr 26, 2022 3:46 PM
Mar 2021
It was good …….
Apr 26, 2022 3:54 PM
Jul 2019
Pretty good episode
Apr 26, 2022 4:33 PM
Jan 2022
So...none of them are good guy/girl after all
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2022

249 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 17, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2022

218 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2022

96 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 7, 2022

139 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Tomodachi Game Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2022

138 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 14, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.