Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2022 3:31 PM
Anime Moderator
Ace Pilot

Dec 2015
The Rewrite leadership team would like to wish you all a huge CONGRATULATIONS for your hard work and devotion to compose synopses for every MAL entry in the history of the site. We have recently surpassed 5,000 synopses completed by our wonderful team! To celebrate this occasion, we've collected some words from each coordinator and compiled a list of our highest achievers:

@complexities
Congratulations to everyone on 5,000 synopses! We couldn't have reached this milestone without our members—those who are still active and those who contributed in the past—so, sincerely, thank you all.

I look forward to reading many more Rewrite synopses in the future, whether that's because I'm (final) editing them or just happen to come across them while searching the database. My PTW and PTR lists are overflowing already, but I'm sure there are plenty of series I'll be inspired to try after seeing that [Written by MAL Rewrite] tag!

@highpriest2500
5000 synopses! That's no small number. We have been blessed with such a dedicated crew of editors and writers who pay close attention to their craft. I can see that in the comments in the Google Docs. I am proud to be part of this team and thank you everyone to your dedication! May the higher Lord bless our souls for the next 5000 synopses. ⛪

@Mythologically
When I joined this glorious organization back in March 2019, there must have been less than 2,000 uploaded synopses, but in the past three years, we've more than doubled that. Since this great milestone happened to coincide with the recent purge, I would like to thank all of our fallen heroes who did not meet their quota for their hard work over the years. And to those who are still with us: keep giving it your all, and let's hit 6,000 soon!

@NeoDaza
It feels like just yesterday I joined the amazing and strange community that is MAL Rewrite, but how time has flown! From my time reading them on MAL, when all I knew of Rewrite was the iconic "[Written by MAL Rewrite]" tag, to now, as the person final editing them, I have been able to read so many amazing synopses! Thank you to everyone who helped contribute to the milestone that is 5000 synopses, I am very proud of all our amazing writers and editors. May we continue to write many more amazing synopses together and rope even more people into the void that is watching anime!

@Red-Comet
I have seen many fall beneath the trampling feet of hentai synopses, an ever-expanding quantity of seasonals, and the back-breaking impossible task we as an organization have before us. The few who remain have proven their valor in numerous skirmishes and senseless conflicts, slowly over time building a backbone of titanium vertebrae by vertebrae. The elite ~80 remaining Rewriters will be joined by others over the infinite duration of time we spend fighting tooth and nail to accomplish our noble cause. Some of you will continue the battle for years to come; some of you won't make it to 2023. One thing is for sure: none of us will live to see our goal accomplished, and that is beautiful. Happy 5,000!

@stinghy
Congrats on hitting 5k synopses! I've been a member of Rewrite now over 5 years, so it's great to see those line up in a way. I'm practically a skeleton compared to most members, but I hope we can continue writing and growing for the future. Great job and let's keep plowing our way to 6k! ✽-(^▽^)/✽

In descending order, based on the number of tasks (written synopses, edits, final edits) completed:

Top Writers:
Top Editors:
Top Coordinators:
Red-CometApr 24, 2022 3:39 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 24, 2022 10:51 PM

Jun 2019
I hope to make it to the top writers when we hit 10,000 synopses!

One thing is for sure: none of us will live to see our goal accomplished, and that is beautiful. Happy 5,000!

In fact, restricting to the anime that have enough members to have a score, there are only 12,548 titles, so considering that about three fifth of written titles are anime, the objective should be completed within 16 years if the production continues at the rate of the last three years (provided that people do not write for those unknown anime). It will take more time for manga, but one can expect that the writing pace will increase when we run out of anime.

TLDR: Objective 2050!

P.S. Nice Joycian reference, Mr. President.
Apr 25, 2022 5:25 AM

May 2017
Meusnier said:

One thing is for sure: none of us will live to see our goal accomplished, and that is beautiful. Happy 5,000!

In fact, restricting to the anime that have enough members to have a score, there are only 12,548 titles, so considering that about three fifth of written titles are anime, the objective should be completed within 16 years if the production continues at the rate of the last three years (provided that people do not write for those unknown anime). It will take more time for manga, but one can expect that the writing pace will increase when we run out of anime.

Top wo Nerae! Mindset. Keep up the good work Meus-san.
Apr 25, 2022 7:51 AM

Jun 2019
LustrousParadox said:
Meusnier said:

Thank you for your kind words and breaking MAL rules of romanisation, LustrousParadox.
Apr 25, 2022 4:30 PM

May 2017
Meusnier said:
LustrousParadox said:

Thank you for your kind words and breaking MAL rules of romanisation, LustrousParadox.

I'd be honoured if you corrected me :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Spring 2024 Seasonal Anime Synopses Assignments

rlavus - Apr 8

0 by rlavus »»
Apr 8, 3:24 PM

» New Changes: Sayonara, Editor 2

Red-Comet - Mar 31

0 by Red-Comet »»
Mar 31, 10:02 PM

» Spring 2024 Seasonal Anime Synopses Lottery

rlavus - Mar 20

0 by rlavus »»
Mar 20, 1:20 PM

» Winter 2024 Seasonal Anime Synopses Assignments

complexities - Jan 16

0 by complexities »»
Jan 16, 7:48 PM

» Winter 2024 Seasonal Anime Synopses Lottery

complexities - Jan 3

0 by complexities »»
Jan 3, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.