Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2010 8:47 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like this one, the fight is quite good :D Shinsengumi are pretty hard to kill, I wonder how many enemies have tried to attack the group in total^^ Souji actually put up a better fight than Heisuke even though they're both defeated in the end. So far those 2 enemies are the only ones who could stand against the Shinsengumi so it would be nice they actually have other companions that haven't shown themselves :D
ShanaFlameApr 17, 2010 9:34 PM
Apr 17, 2010 9:38 PM

Jun 2009
xD Love it, more action and I could see a part of Okita's Route and CG!! X3
>.< Too bad they didn't put Heisuke part but no complaint~

I'm glad that they mentioned Ishida Sayaku Hahahaha!

Apr 17, 2010 10:32 PM

Apr 2008
;3 good episode, kinda hard for me to understand just Japanese, cant wait till its subbed
Apr 18, 2010 3:22 AM

May 2007
StarRisa said:

I'm glad that they mentioned Ishida Sayaku Hahahaha!

I couldn't stop laughing at that part :D

The Ikedaya was pretty good; but what I really liked was that they even included the Gion Festival held next day. (with some shoujo-ness, of course; you can't have any romantic moment at the Ikedaya)

More action will come, hopefully. At least next episode's battle was also a good one historically.

Those who have played the game, and know whether these two are included: who are the blond are the bearded guys? I have a felling that the one with the beard might be Katsura, but they might turn out to be fictional characters. (I should seriously stop focusing on the historical bg of the story,,,)
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Apr 18, 2010 10:06 AM

Oct 2008
"who are the blond are the bearded guys?"

are you refuring to the guys that the shinsengumi fought in the Ikidaiya inn? or other people?

i've played the game, so i can help ^^ i just dont know who your referring to xD gomen *infact, i'll tell you the answer on your profile, the last thing i want is to spoil the anime ppl!*
-GundamCrazy-Apr 18, 2010 10:13 AM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Apr 18, 2010 10:51 AM

May 2007
The Ikedaya guys :)
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Apr 18, 2010 1:18 PM

Oct 2008
Amegiri (thats how its pronounced in the game) is the one with the beard & Kazuma is the blond haired one ^^ sorry, i should have realised thats who you were refuring too ^^;; shinanue is the one with the gun (but he hasnt appeared yet ^^)

thery're both

i'm quite enjoying the anime actually, as its filling out the game more ^^ most of what's been in it up to yet; was just talked about in text (in the game) one thing i did like about eipside 3 was they added the fact of toshi (hijikata) allowing sano and & shinpatchi to take chizuru to see the festivitys, that was just talked about gamel, so i quite liked that bit :3 i had a fear they'd make toshi too serious in the anime (as in the game he has a lighter personality from the start ^^) but that seems to be changing as each episode progressess ^^

i'm also quite looking forward to next week! they'll definetly fit everything into the anime as they're not beating around the bush with the storyline! ^^ i'm just praying they slow down a little somtimes lol

i also loved the Ishida Sanyaku bit!! lmao i always thought it'd end up as an inside joke as they're always mentioning it in the game XD but yey they put it in the anime!! toshi shaking his fist made my day XD
-GundamCrazy-Apr 18, 2010 2:27 PM

"scary thing is oni instinct''
Apr 20, 2010 5:30 PM

Feb 2009
So finally the "medicine" is mentioned.

And sooo much gore, no wonder this is set during the Revolution, heavy stuff. At least they looked good doing it, ahaha. Love this show!

Apr 20, 2010 5:39 PM

Sep 2008
I was too busy staring at Chizuru's ponytail this episode. =[
Luckily I've gotten over the guys though. I might be able to normally watch the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2010 6:00 PM
Apr 2010
DarcyD said:

And sooo much gore, no wonder this is set during the Revolution, heavy stuff. At least they looked good doing it, ahaha. Love this show!

No, no, no... the Ishida Sanyaku is not the "medicine" that has been mentioned prior. It is just a joke. Before helping Kondou Isami form the Shinsengumi, Hijikata was a medicine peddler. He sold a powder called Ishida Sanyaku which was a scam cause it didnt work. The reference to it in the episode was just for comic relief.
Apr 20, 2010 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
Ah I glad they showed the medicine.
The fight was really good too, nice to see some action.
Overall I liked this episode, I hope Chizuru becomes a bit more useful C:
Apr 20, 2010 7:43 PM

Jan 2010
Surprisingly entertaining for being fangirl bait...I guess I'll keep watching.

I wonder how they're gonna end this since all but one of the guys die in the 1860's
Ok™
Apr 20, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
So good! I'm really starting to enjoy this anime ^^ Too bad it's gonna take a whole week to get the next episode...
Apr 20, 2010 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
This show is still pushing my "Fangirl" buttons :/ And that actually kind of pisses me off.

Surprisingly action filled for the type of show that it is. Totally loved the episode until "happy sparkles and flowing hair in slo-mo" time... XD

Best part of the episode for me: Watching Okita get beat the hell up :D

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Apr 20, 2010 9:23 PM

Sep 2007
Aside from MariMite, this is one of DEEN's best series (not that that's a hard feat to accomplish). Surprisingly, in my own humble opinion, it's one of the better shows this season.

Chizuru is so cute, although she seems to have completely forgotten her purpose in coming to Kyoto and is a little too submissive for her own good.
KawaiiFiveOApr 20, 2010 9:27 PM
Apr 20, 2010 10:57 PM

Dec 2009
TomBronze said:
Chizuru is so cute, although she seems to have completely forgotten her purpose in coming to Kyoto and is a little too submissive for her own good.

if only Chizuru was a year or two older... and maybe a litte more useful... the possibilities would be more interesting... oh well...
Apr 20, 2010 11:16 PM

May 2009
Despite all the pretty boys, this has turned out to be a very watchable and indeed good series. Definitely one of the more enjoyable ones so far this season.

I do hope that Chizuru stops acting like a deer in the headlights whenever she runs into an enemy. Do something. Anything. Maybe drawing her sword or running away. Just don't stand there.
Apr 20, 2010 11:38 PM

Sep 2007
ArcticMech said:

I do hope that Chizuru stops acting like a deer in the headlights whenever she runs into an enemy. Do something. Anything. Maybe drawing her sword or running away. Just don't stand there.

Completely agree there. She has a short sword; use it!
Apr 20, 2010 11:48 PM

Aug 2008
How boring. Less entertaining than the last episode. I really have nothing to say about what I just watched.
Apr 21, 2010 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
Nice episode 5/5 *thumps up*

Apr 21, 2010 7:13 AM

Dec 2007
Bishi and fights. You can't go wrong with that formula.
Apr 21, 2010 8:11 AM

Jan 2010
At least the fighting kept this episode from being as boring as the first ones, but the dialogues are still pretty lame and full of clichés.
Apr 21, 2010 8:28 AM
Jun 2009
nice episode..me liking the evil guy...kazuma is it...hahaha
but i really hope that the pairing would be okita x chizuru..since i'm liking his character so far..
the only bit i didnt like bout this episode was the flowing hair samurais...-_-...it was a bit disturbing....
Apr 21, 2010 11:42 AM

Nov 2009
I liked action parts and Chikage was so cool. His my fav.
But I really hate Chizuru. She is just so anoying, weak and stupid.
I really hope that some of guys will not fell in love on her. If some of them will die because of her, I hate her so so so much.

I just watch this anime because there is awesome samurai guys and I love historical animes.
Apr 21, 2010 11:58 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
How boring. Less entertaining than the last episode. I really have nothing to say about what I just watched.
It is just that your standard is way too high :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 21, 2010 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
Well.. The general theme of this episode was to my liking, but it didn't go well with my pancakes : /

Anyway, still hoping Chizuru will learn to use that sword of hers >.>
ばか おんな。
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 21, 2010 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
noteDhero said:
It is just that your standard is way too high :D

It's not gay enough, it's not fun enough. -.-
Apr 21, 2010 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
TomBronze said:
ArcticMech said:

Completely agree there. She has a short sword; use it!

I agree, lol. I was like, "...seriously? you're deemed fit to protect yourself from Saito and he still ends up covering your frozen ass -_-?"
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Apr 21, 2010 1:47 PM

May 2009
Liking this more and more. This episode had some nice action..
Apr 21, 2010 2:03 PM

Sep 2009
Chizuru >__<

but guys are so cool ! ^__^

--> episode was fine !
Apr 21, 2010 3:39 PM

Dec 2009
TomBronze said:

Now you mention it...it's totally true...she is supposed to look for her father in kyoto...and now...she is moving to another place ^^; and helping the Shinsengumi group instead...

Shinkun82 said:
DarcyD said:

No, no, no... the Ishida Sanyaku is not the "medicine" that has been mentioned prior. It is just a joke. Before helping Kondou Isami form the Shinsengumi, Hijikata was a medicine peddler. He sold a powder called Ishida Sanyaku which was a scam cause it didnt work. The reference to it in the episode was just for comic relief.

Are you being serious? @0@ because I didn't find this part funny at all....if that medicine is not useful, then why did Hijikata make everyone to drink it?? I am confused...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Apr 21, 2010 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode!

Action scenes were really good, and the fights with the two bad guys were interesting.

I loved:
- the way Toshi stood in front of the clan, defending the Shinsengumi honor, like a true leader
- the Shinsengumi carrying the dead one, with the "Sincerity" banner
- the fact that Toshi wanted to "reward" Chizuru by letting her go on patrol and to the festival

Very emotional episode. Sannan watching his arm at the end was touching.
Apr 21, 2010 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
Uskaro said:
This show is still pushing my "Fangirl" buttons :/ And that actually kind of pisses me off.

Surprisingly action filled for the type of show that it is. Totally loved the episode until "happy sparkles and flowing hair in slo-mo" time... XD

Best part of the episode for me: Watching Okita get beat the hell up :D
That sparkling slo-mo moment made me want to start to hit my head against the wall..This show is so pushing my limits..and those bishies are also starting to annoy me...Too much pretty faces in this show...urgh....I'm starting to lose the little interest I had to this show..next ep is better be good or I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up dropping this.

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Apr 21, 2010 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
NOTE: IMO, yes, IMO

I can't get PeaceMaker out of my head when watching this. So I got quite big surprise since I didn't expect to see the Ikedaya Incident so soon.

Is it just me, but it seemed that the art was a bit 'dropped-down'? Whatever it's called, I mean the art wasn't as neat as the 2 prior episodes.

And the girl,, she's not playing the role of the protagonist, but the role of the BURDEN ,no?
No offense, but she can't be more stupid. Rushing in the battlefield without drawing out a sword ( and in the previous episode, she just claimed that her sword was not for decoration. ). Showing up to 'save' Okita in the middle of the fight. Really smart -*-.

The slomo made me laugh!! not romantic at all, haha.

And is it just me again? but anywhen Chizuru comes up with an idea, Hijikata'll always oppose it and then other Shinsen mems'll back her up until the idea( or else ) will be accepted. It's getting closer and closer to the word 'cliche'.

Yeah, I know it's from an Otome game. Therefore the protagonist needs to be kind-hearted, caring and always puts others before herself. And since this's based on history, the protagonist 'll have to get involved in it in some way and bears a great task that'll somehow effect the outcome of the situation.

Of the same genre, I consider Kou Shuurei/Saiunkoku Monogatari to be a better heroine. ( I don't watch anime adaptation though, just manga. )
I don't know why. Even if they( Chizuru and Shuurei ) sure look almost alike and their voices are provided by the same voice actress, I think I see sth in Shuurei that Chizuru does not possess.
AidanKieranApr 21, 2010 6:42 PM
Apr 21, 2010 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
Chizuru uselessness if so freaking annoying why in the world the put her in here! This anime is a eyecandy for girls, but no matter how many pretty boys they throw in it still sucks! But still I keep watching it T-T I am hopeless!
Apr 21, 2010 8:58 PM

Nov 2009
I still don't really get what the point of this show is... She is looking for her father right?
Obviously if you played the game you understand, but just hearing them talk about rebellions and watching them slashing each other doesn't really make it interesting...(Okay the fight scene was actually well made). They really executed the start of this show wrong. I was going to drop it but i will stick with it one more to see what happens.
Apr 21, 2010 10:47 PM
Jul 2008
Well this show is just...what is this show about?
Anyway, reminds me a bit of Basara, with all these bishies and fights...so. Not a real plot anywhere :|

I wanna drop it, but I don't drop shows..so..I'm hoping it will have 12 episodes, so I can finish this crap faster.
Apr 21, 2010 11:29 PM
Apr 2010
Ri-ri said:

Are you being serious? @0@ because I didn't find this part funny at all....if that medicine is not useful, then why did Hijikata make everyone to drink it?? I am confused...

It's kind of inside joke. Toshi wasn't born into a samurai family. He was a farmer and was trying to make a name for himself. It was pretty difficult for a farmer to make it as a warrior, so he decided to try to to enter the merchant class. He sold this powder that didnt work, which often got him into trouble. I got a good laugh out of it, but I already knew the backstory of Toshi and the ishida sanyaku. :P

I found this episode to be a pretty nice re-telling of the Ikedaya incident. It was pretty accurate minus Chizuru and the two unknown enemies that appeared. Though I prefered the Ikedaya raid in the Kenshin movies and in Shura no Toki. :)
Shinkun82Apr 21, 2010 11:33 PM
Apr 22, 2010 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god, Chizuru is so annoying. u_u
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 22, 2010 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Meri said:
Anyway, reminds me a bit of Basara, with all these bishies and fights...so. Not a real plot anywhere :|

I wanna drop it, but I don't drop shows..so..I'm hoping it will have 12 episodes, so I can finish this crap faster.

Did you even read the subs, or you were too busy looking at the guys?
If you read the subs you would know what the story is about by now.

And no, it's not only "bishies and fights".

Geez.
Apr 22, 2010 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Totally 5/5 stars!! :D
Damn, I wish Chizuru know
to use her sword.

Quite funny when Nagakura, Chizuru
and Sano go running together for the Gion Festival. LOL.

dearest my bb shinah ty for the bday present <33
Apr 22, 2010 10:08 AM
Jul 2008
Kreynor said:
Meri said:
...so..I'm hoping it will have 12 episodes, so I can finish this crap faster.
Did you even read the subs, or you were too busy looking at the guys? If you read the subs you would know what the story is about by now.

Yea, I didn't read the subs. I was too shocked by the genericness (oh is that even a word *oh ho ho ho*) of 2D pretty boys and sword fights. Man what was I thinking, this is the title of the year!!

/sigh

Looks like I got my wish too.

If this doesn't get better soon, it's going on on-hold list for a very, very long time.
Apr 22, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
This episode wasn't so bad, but I can't stand Chizuru. She is so annoying and stupid:/
Apr 22, 2010 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode, I've been waiting for a good fight to happen. It was a little bit choppy in parts but the music was really fitting.
Apr 22, 2010 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
so i wonder how much of this show is going to be historically accurate?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 22, 2010 11:42 PM

May 2008
This was quite interesting but I don't like all those blood spillings. No wonder everybody fears the Shinsengumi... and I think Chizuru got used to it quite short period of time...
Apr 23, 2010 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Meri said:
Kreynor said:
Meri said:
...so..I'm hoping it will have 12 episodes, so I can finish this crap faster.
Did you even read the subs, or you were too busy looking at the guys? If you read the subs you would know what the story is about by now.

Yea, I didn't read the subs. I was too shocked by the genericness (oh is that even a word *oh ho ho ho*) of 2D pretty boys and sword fights. Man what was I thinking, this is the title of the year!!

/sigh

Looks like I got my wish too.

If this doesn't get better soon, it's going on on-hold list for a very, very long time.

I don't think that this is the title of the year, but the story is pretty damn clear.

You said:

which is totally wrong.
Apr 23, 2010 10:11 PM

Dec 2009
Chizuru's starting to get on my nerves. Use your sword to defend yourself woman and don't just wait for the blow to fall.
Apr 24, 2010 2:35 PM

Sep 2007
This episode actually confused me...alot......
like....I think I'm starting to confuse all the guys with each other...besides Sannan and Toshi they all feel exactly the same @_@;
((actually....if Sannan wasn't obviously the megane-character...I'd probably confuse him with everyone else too....))

Also...I know this is supposed to be mainly historical but.....is there seriously anything else in there? I starting to feel like I'm watching a history lesson...and that's not good...

Need more drama or something... <_<;

Oh and I totally agree.....Chizuru needs to stop being so...well...useless and in-the-way...I'd forgive her if she amused me with some more romantic twists or having some unique power/trait....but -going by the way this is currently going- this probably isn't going to happen...
IkanoApr 24, 2010 2:39 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 24, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
good episode :3
and finally i managed to remember all the faces and the names of all the characters xD
Chizuru is annoying !! why can't she fight ?? if she can't fight why holding a sword ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.