Forum Settings
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 21, 2022 8:07 AM

Apr 2017
I've been reading Koi to Uso since 2018 and I ain't satisfied with how it ended. (opinion)
I prefer Misaki Route tho. Misaki Route is hard af. 🔥

what about y'all? what do you think?
//cruellime Steam Signature - SteamId for cruellime, real name bakachi mochii
Apr 22, 2022 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Ririna has always been the better girl for me and the wedding ending was the icing on the cake for me.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 25, 2022 2:02 PM
Aug 2018
I like both finale and at the same times I disliked both. It's a strange thing, bit contradictory, but I couldn't be totally satisfied, still the Ririna's finale feels more complete, Misaki is happy too and that's it while in Misaki's finale we don't know nothing about Ririna.
Apr 25, 2022 5:38 PM

Apr 2017
HueyLion said:
Ririna has always been the better girl for me and the wedding ending was the icing on the cake for me.
Fair enough. 😁

Ulic said:
I like both finale and at the same times I disliked both. It's a strange thing, bit contradictory, but I couldn't be totally satisfied, still the Ririna's finale feels more complete, Misaki is happy too and that's it while in Misaki's finale we don't know nothing about Ririna.
I feel the same lol. The reason I prefer misaki route is the flow feels more natural leading up to the end? Maybe that's just me idk xD
Apr 27, 2022 10:03 PM

Apr 2013
The Lilina route very much feels like the "real" ending. It has most major characters show up in a detailed epilogue, it's grander and more emotional It just feels more definitive. The Misaki route feels more like a footnote. There's less detail, less closure, little finality. It's perfunctory almost.

Also, the lack of a deeper epilogue just makes me think that he dies early in that route. And Lilina only shows up for a second, which really hammers home the "what if" feel it has. Even though he doesn't pick her in that route, she's still one of his dearest friends in the world and a main character. She can't just vanish like that. Conversely, we see that Misaki not only gets time on the page in the Lilina route, but she's happy and still friends with all of them. One is very clearly better than the other to me.
TheAshmanComethApr 27, 2022 10:07 PM
Apr 28, 2022 1:02 AM

Apr 2017
Ririna route definitely felt like canon.
The routes thingy feels like it was forcedly added at the last minute lol.
May 15, 2022 12:53 PM

Apr 2017
Kinda late to this post, but to me both routes seem pretty forced. In Misaki route, everything is great, except when Neji returns back to Ririna and says he decided to stay with Takasaki. Then Ririna just goes "LIE" mode and says she always hated him. Bitch what? This is such bad writing and character inconsistency, equivalent to Daenerys in GoT season 8. All the time Ririna was cheering the two of them on and when in the end he chose Misaki she said "aith Imma out". Whaaaaat???

I feel similar about Ririna route too. Misaki attempts to kill herself, Neji saves her while she was falling, then says he chooses Ririna but is thankful for everything Misaki has done for him, then Misaki goes: "Aigh, great fam, I was just kiddin, didn't want to kill myself. You totally didn't see me falling off a cliff. Oh and yeah if you in any case did, I have wings and I can fly, just saying you know, I cant die, just sayin"

Whaaat?

Such ridiculous writing
May 26, 2022 5:52 PM
Jul 2021
_Goldee_ said:
Kinda late to this post, but to me both routes seem pretty forced. In Misaki route, everything is great, except when Neji returns back to Ririna and says he decided to stay with Takasaki. Then Ririna just goes "LIE" mode and says she always hated him. Bitch what? This is such bad writing and character inconsistency, equivalent to Daenerys in GoT season 8. All the time Ririna was cheering the two of them on and when in the end he chose Misaki she said "aith Imma out". Whaaaaat???

I feel similar about Ririna route too. Misaki attempts to kill herself, Neji saves her while she was falling, then says he chooses Ririna but is thankful for everything Misaki has done for him, then Misaki goes: "Aigh, great fam, I was just kiddin, didn't want to kill myself. You totally didn't see me falling off a cliff. Oh and yeah if you in any case did, I have wings and I can fly, just saying you know, I cant die, just sayin"

Whaaat?

Such ridiculous writing

I'm kinda late as well, bu yeah I think the same about the writing too
May 26, 2022 5:56 PM

Apr 2017
Chromic64YT said:
_Goldee_ said:

Whaaat?

Such ridiculous writing

Wut is goin on. I just got a mobile notification of you replying to my comment lmao. In my almost 4 years of using the MAL app, I have never received a single notification about the forum replies.
May 26, 2022 6:02 PM
Jul 2021
_Goldee_ said:
Chromic64YT said:

Wut is goin on. I just got a mobile notification of you replying to my comment lmao. In my almost 4 years of using the MAL app, I have never received a single notification about the forum replies.

same here mate🤠
Jun 27, 2022 7:32 PM

Jul 2016
Chromic64YT said:
_Goldee_ said:

same here mate🤠

It’s a relatively new feature.

Anyway, I agree. I felt that the end was rushed and thrown together. In the other’s route, the character who wasn’t chosen seemed like they weren’t their usual selves, as if none of the development upto the point of where the routes split (ch265, the literal end of the story) never took place with that character.

Ririna’s interactions in the Misaka route seemed bitchier, both before and after he saved Misaki, despite them being such close friends upto that point.
Ririna route we saw Misaki attempt suicide, be saved, then be completely meek and accepting of Neji’s feelings for Ririna despite her bold, stubborn attitude we’d seen up to this point. You can argue, “Well, she wanted him to choose life”, but then it throws away the whole “I wanted him to save me” complex that she had, where she wanted to be saved from her Notice and still be chosen in the end, despite it meaning a potentially “Bad End” for Neji.

Both routes just seemed incredibly forced and neither character seemed themselves in their opposing route. Ririna route felt more like the “true end” as I’ve seen people say above. We had the grand wedding, Ririna looking gorgeous, everyone cameoed, and they were all happy in their lives, and we knew that based on dialogue vs the Misaki route where we got 1 panel of Ririna and who knows how her life was outside that moment. I definitely preferred the Ririna route.

Still a great manga. Ending was just more lackluster than I wanted for something I’ve been following for 4 years. I also really wish the epilogue of Ririna’s route would have told us something about Igarashi x Yajima. I thought their ship was really cute and wanted it to see progress in the epilogue. For all the scenes we got leading up to her realizing her love for him, I feel like there should have been SOMETHING. Whether it was just someone mentioning it, and she mentioning it as a first teenage love, or we see that they’ve actually made progress since her graduation. That really disappointed me. So much build-up for nothing to happen other than using it to move the plot forward with Neji. /:
Sep 17, 2022 12:52 PM

Jan 2020
don't know about you but Nisaka's Route is the best Route

My Candies:
Sep 24, 2022 12:05 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
nisaka is best girl, should've given him a separate ending.
Dec 27, 2022 1:34 AM

Mar 2008
Just finished both the other day and I think I preferred Lilina, Misaki's just had less closure and quite honestly I feel like he should have eventually died in the Misaki route, but far enough out that she was able to get many years and a family out of it.
Jan 14, 2023 3:29 PM
Jan 2023
Misaki was so out of character in Ririna route it's actually disgusting.

In my head,Misaki ending is canon, it's like the story pointed to it from the very beginning.
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
Jan 2018
Ririna ending made far better sense imo, but both were written in a way so the other could exist more easily which just made the characters act weird.  Misaki’s bothered me a lot because they just ignored the whole “knows government secrets” part and went tralala on their merry way.  It would have made far more sense to drag it out a little and have them actually fight back by exposing both the designer children/age gap notices and the mysterious drop dead disease (that is totally treatable but is ignored because -vague moral issues-). That last part is amusing since the whole point of the notices was to raise the population level but eh who cares about this genetic thing that kills off people.
Apr 19, 2023 4:29 AM

Mar 2015
Lilina ending certainly felt like the true ending the author wanted to do. We have a wedding and closure for almost every single side characters we've seen in the manga. In the last picture you can see Nisaka and Misaki still hanging out with them, while Lilina and Nisaka was never seen again on Misaki's route pictures.

Jul 24, 2023 2:15 PM
Aug 2022
kinda late but i prefer ririna always liked her better and her ending just felt more like what the author wanted to do it, felt more complete than misaki's route.
Aug 8, 2023 2:32 AM
Nov 2019
literally not one person has even mentioned everything that Misaki did for Nejima in order for him to live. You all prefer Ririna, and that's fine, but don't forget that the only reason Neji and Ririna even met is because Misaki saved his life at the cost of her own future.

Misaki was in love with him first, and she gave everything she had for that love, and her love story is so much better than Ririna's. Don't misunderstand me - I love Ririna, too, but she was always in a support role from the get-go. Misaki was always meant to be the one he chose, which is why it would have made more sense for Ririna to get rejected but still continue to support Neji x Misaki even after finding someone else to love.

TL;DR - Misaki for the win.
Nov 9, 2023 2:41 AM
Feb 2022
I just finished the manga so I'm only giving my opinion now.
Overall I really liked it and I don't understand why the average rating is so low.
Even The Quintessential Quintuplets (that I loved), which divided more people, didn't come close to receiving such a low rating.
I wonder if people didn't vote massively when the manga was on hiatus waiting for the final two routes.

Otherwise, I'm one of those who liked Misaki's route more than Ririna's.

Misaki's route :

The only thing that bothered me about Misaki's route was how Ririna cuts ties in such a brutal way when he announces that he wants to choose Misaki. I understand that for her it's the only way to turn the page, but I would have hoped that it wouldn't end in two pages. I would even have preferred an argument.
I don't mind if we don't show a wedding, as long as they live happily and are together, that's fine with me.

Ririna's route :

First thing, when he saves Misaki's life, the discussions that are exchanged were very good... until Misaki's laughter after he announced that he wanted to choose Ririna.
What already bothers me is that even though he is in love with Ririna, I never found a moment where he clearly said or showed that his love was stronger for Ririna than Misaki.
He always ran after Misaki, encouraged by Ririna and suddenly he changes his mind after saving Misaki despite everything. I understand the reasoning that she was always there for him, but it was never reflected in Nejima's emotions or words.
The way it was brought out was very clumsy in my opinion, it was as if I didn't find his feelings sincere.
And then Misaki's reaction who seems happy with the outcome despite everything while she was ready to kill herself for it. It's really incomprehensible. She was ready to die for love and then she laughs about it and they manage to turn the page and continue their life with their partner chosen by the government.
I would have found it more logical if it was Misaki who never wanted to see him again rather than Ririna.

On the other hand, I prefer the very end of Ririna, where they all managed to keep in touch as friends and remained on good terms with Misaki.

For me, the manga does not deserve a rating lower than 7.
I would give between 7.5 and 8 taking into account the Misaki's ending.
And between 7 and 7.5 for the Ririna's ending.
So overall, I would give it a score of 7.5 (and I voted 8 to raise the score a little)

More topics from this board

» what is the chapter count?

NaughtySempai - Nov 25, 2022

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Mar 1, 7:16 AM

» Where to start reading the manga after the anime?

BadSenpai - Sep 26, 2023

9 by BadSenpai »»
Sep 29, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Chapter 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2015

5 by NaughtySempai »»
Jun 29, 2023 10:13 AM

» Where does the leave off?

Sowooof - Mar 18, 2023

1 by SeitenSoushi »»
May 28, 2023 6:14 PM

» About Yuusuke (Ending Spoiler)

snuckie - Jan 7, 2023

1 by Argentin »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.