Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Arc's 'ha ha ha' sounds so forced lol

About time Ariane made a reappearance as she only got like a minute of screen time from the first episode. She didn't greet Arc lightly either but I guess that's part of her nature. Also, I also have to wonder if all slaves are being treated so poorly. Kinda sad to see.

Arc did good work helping those elves and Ariane.
Apr 21, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2016
Arc to the rescue! Helping save those elf children from bastard slave traders. His overpowered abilities really come in handy during situations like this. Being able to just pop up behind the guy threatening those kids helped turn the tide after Ariane got put in that tough spot. Ariane whom is a badass elf warrior in her own right. Took out multiple mercenaries by herself till some of the kids got turned into hostages. Arc did run into her even before meeting outside the mercenary den earlier in the episode. Back in episode one like he remembered. I had wondered when Ariane would join the story properly and now seems to be the time. Caught in a misunderstanding with Arc but glad they settled that. Him having Ponta along and then helping the kids with those terrible collars changed her opinion of him. Now they're gonna be teaming up to stop the larger slave traders organization which should be cool.
Apr 21, 2022 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
I’ve only read the first book so this episode was what I had been looking towards the most. Really wanted to see maple animated and wasn’t disappointed at all. Immensely satisfied seeing the rapey slave trade get his face bashed in.
Apr 21, 2022 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
So the SFX in the OP will be a thing...honestly it drowns out an otherwise banger song by PelleK's vocals.

Arc and Ponta are just "birds of a feather" flocked together to defeat villains, but stumbling upon a bandit's hideout with cages for captured elves is a different sight. And so we get more info from Episode 1's backdrop that the Luvierite elf Lauren and the basilisk beast/creature experiment, is all one heinous plan by the Lord of Diento Tryton commissioned by the Eastern Empire's Prince Dakares to triumph over the Western Empire's Prince Sekt. Kingdom politics back at it again...

Arc chancing upon the dark elf warrior Ariane Glenys Maple whom recognizes Ponta has a ventu vulpis (or spirit creature) to instigate an attack of a misunderstanding, and her advice not for Arc to be involved in this matter, he just won't take it by plain sight while lazing and preparing for the next big work.

True enough, Arc found gold with bandits capturing elves in the Elf Forest as slaves, and led by Tryton's son Udolan no less. Ariane may have less choice, but Arc being there was a godsend to save the young elves and restore their vitality and scars while understanding the world more, as such with the Whispering Fowl (just like a pigeon with a voice recorder).

The travelling mercenary & companion plus the elf warrior, there's more saving to be done, and this is the start of a long journey.
Apr 21, 2022 8:27 AM
Sep 2020
Finally some extras were beaten, unfortunately weren't by arc but by ariane, arc only give a lariat to the supposed boss of the extras.

Apr 21, 2022 8:28 AM
Apr 2018
the main story of this season starting to pick up.

let see how a wandering skeleton knight can change the world into a better place

Overall I like this flow better than in manga and LN

Also Ponta is too cute.

Endcard Ponta thought... this series is pretty creative with that lol
Apr 21, 2022 8:29 AM
Nov 2010
This episode definitely didn't disappoint with the elf girl's introduction. Definitely a pretty fun episode compared to the previous episode where nothing much happened.
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
Rapey scroundels who do nothing(wow a scratch from the sword, how terrible....)aside from grinning like edelords are just lame. At least let them do something.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2022 8:32 AM
Apr 2018
FMmatron said:
Rapey scroundels who do nothing(wow a scratch from the sword, how terrible....)aside from grinning like edelords are just lame. At least let them do something.

He a rapey but he not a lolicon.

joking aside there, since this season might be heavy related to elf and the elf hunt there will be more down the road anyway.
Apr 21, 2022 8:36 AM

Nov 2016
Lazy_watcher said:
FMmatron said:

He a rapey but he not a lolicon.

joking aside there, since this season might be heavy related to elf and the elf hunt there will be more down the road anyway.

There will be nothing graphic, I can already tell you that. The warning at the beginning of every episode is a joke.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2022 8:41 AM

Dec 2017
“Damn─! The shameless humans!!! …Instead of submitting to you and enduring the humiliation for the rest of our lives, the people of the forest would rather die proudly!!!”

Along with her yells, the tip of the sword rose back up. A more intense hatred and anger gleamed from her eyes. The pressure from the dark aura now surrounding her caused the approaching men to hesitate.

This is how it was in LN. Why the hell did both manga and anime go for a "lady in distress" for a supposedly strong female character? This is just lame and makes both the character and the scene just stupid.
Apr 21, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2020
Wow again that clown act from those supposedly savages had me rolling, like it was just a setup for the skeleton guy to come in as a hero.
Apr 21, 2022 9:24 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows an elf going after elf smugglers and confuses Arc with a bandit and seeing that he made friends with a spirit so he decided to trust but when asked help she refused but even so he decided to help and when he gets close to the forest he helps her deal with some elf smugglers
Apr 21, 2022 9:26 AM

Oct 2021
KANLen09 said:
So the SFX in the OP will be a thing...honestly it drowns out an otherwise banger song by PelleK's vocals

I commented something similar about liking the sound effects on a thread about the OP, but I'm a fan of it. I noticed it even more while watching the latest episode. I can see what you mean, particularly if someone wants to listen specifically to the opening song. I'm not familiar with Pellek, though I do think the song definitely fits.

I like the way the sound effects are over the intro. It feels way more engaging and stands out from the crowd. It makes the opening itself/as a whole the experience where the song is part of it, as opposed to usual intros where the music and visuals are separate but in tandem.
Apr 21, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2011
To be honest I didn't liked that the fight against the elf hunters were kept too PG. I mean you guys are fighting slave traders, cut them in half and burn to crisp, like first episode.
BlichoBoyApr 21, 2022 9:34 AM
Apr 21, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
I am surprised for the lack of blood in this episode. Compared to first episode things got tame really quickly.
Apr 21, 2022 10:01 AM
Feb 2018
I love this series going to get the light novel after the series ends
Apr 21, 2022 10:08 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Fun episode I wish there was more gore and brutality.
HelltakerApr 21, 2022 11:23 PM
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Apr 21, 2022 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
These episodes keep going back and forth from wholesome to being all rapey... That being said somebody has to take care of the garbage and Arc is to the rescue yet again :). At least those poor elf girls no longer have to go through that terrible treatment again.
Apr 21, 2022 10:35 AM

May 2018
Oh damn even Ponta is mocking us now :(
Apr 21, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Helltaker said:
Fun episode I whish there was more gore and brutality.
Same. Those slave traders got it easy compared to what most people would do to them given the opportunity.
Apr 21, 2022 10:39 AM

Jan 2018
Softhenic03 said:
Wow again that clown act from those supposedly savages had me rolling, like it was just a setup for the skeleton guy to come in as a hero.
I do wish that fantasy anime moved away from using the stale but also offensive overuse of rape as a plot device. I mean if the creator of SAO gets slammed for using it so should everybody else that decides to.
Apr 21, 2022 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
I still hate Arc's "wait-and-see approach" because some situations require immediate action, like a quick time event. This time he let a villain injure an elf. He's not a bad person but he still think of this as a game, not an actual new world.
Apr 21, 2022 10:52 AM

Dec 2017
Light_Yagami666 said:
Softhenic03 said:
I do wish that fantasy anime moved away from using the stale but also offensive overuse of rape as a plot device. I mean if the creator of SAO gets slammed for using it so should everybody else that decides to.

Well, though I don't like it I will notice, that rape and robbery were main things that thugs did, so I can understand why it is used so often. What I can't understand - why every single time thugs in anime are so stupid. Yes, even IRL they were mostly "unwashed masses", but they could at least know when to run and I bet they didn't stand like idiots grining menacingly. But oh well, that's a cheap low-effort plot for you.
Apr 21, 2022 10:59 AM

Jan 2018
slavemaster_1991 said:
Light_Yagami666 said:

Well, though I don't like it I will notice, that rape and robbery were main things that thugs did, so I can understand why it is used so often. What I can't understand - why every single time thugs in anime are so stupid. Yes, even IRL they were mostly "unwashed masses", but they could at least know when to run and I bet they didn't stand like idiots grining menacingly. But oh well, that's a cheap low-effort plot for you.
I mean i understand that it makes sense for thugs to do those type of things but at the same time it's overused. It's not original is my main issue with it besides the fact that it's creepy asf.
Apr 21, 2022 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
phantomfandom said:
I still hate Arc's "wait-and-see approach" because some situations require immediate action, like a quick time event. This time he let a villain injure an elf. He's not a bad person but he still think of this as a game, not an actual new world.
I agree but like its takes alot of time mentally to adjust to something like appearing suddenly in a completely different world.
Apr 21, 2022 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Im enjoying this a lot more than i was expecting
Apr 21, 2022 11:35 AM

May 2018
Still having fun with this show, I really like Arc, he definitely carries the whole show for me with those laughs. Arc being a hero once again, and now with elves.

Apr 21, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2018
EsieEyen said:
Still having fun with this show, I really like Arc, he definitely carries the whole show for me with those laughs. Arc being a hero once again, and now with elves.
True. At least the elves got saved in the end. That's what matters most.
Apr 21, 2022 12:07 PM

May 2021
Fine episode, we finally meet main girl.

Also, the warning were unnecessary in for episode.

Apr 21, 2022 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
RioFS said:

Better to have the warning though than not have it at all and it be something really f'ed up
Apr 21, 2022 1:32 PM

Sep 2018
Light_Yagami666 said:
RioFS said:

Better to have the warning though than not have it at all and it be something really f'ed up

The warning was totally necessary because it was heavily implied the bandits intended to rape Ariane

Please note, I'm not suggesting these warnings are a good thing, I think they are a reflection of how we all have to bow down to the idiotic sensibilities of a vocal minority.

But that segment of the audience is very vocal and if these warnings will get them to even slightly shut the fuck up then I'll take the warning over the never ending complaint threads.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 21, 2022 1:49 PM

Jan 2018
borderliner said:
Light_Yagami666 said:

The warning was totally necessary because it was heavily implied the bandits intended to rape Ariane

Please note, I'm not suggesting these warnings are a good thing, I think they are a reflection of how we all have to bow down to the idiotic sensibilities of a vocal minority.

But that segment of the audience is very vocal and if these warnings will get them to even slightly shut the fuck up then I'll take the warning over the never ending complaint threads.

I mean they didn't put the warning on episode 1 as far as i remember and the bandits just up and ripped the clothes off the girls. So it's inconsistent at best. But yes i agree that it's better that the warning is there if that makes those that get offended to shut up.
Apr 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Sep 2018
Light_Yagami666 said:
borderliner said:

I mean they didn't put the warning on episode 1 as far as i remember and the bandits just up and ripped the clothes off the girls. So it's inconsistent at best. But yes i agree that it's better that the warning is there if that makes those that get offended to shut up.

The warning was there too, what was funny about that was if you didn't slam your laptop closed right at that moment you were gonna get an eye full, but hey, you were warned.

delightful trolling by the show's producers ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 21, 2022 2:02 PM
Sep 2021
The bad guys were so generic that I found it kind of funny. If that's what the show wanted to do then good job. I did like the design of Ariane.
Apr 21, 2022 2:14 PM

Jan 2018
borderliner said:
Light_Yagami666 said:

The warning was there too, what was funny about that was if you didn't slam your laptop closed right at that moment you were gonna get an eye full, but hey, you were warned.

delightful trolling by the show's producers ;-)

Haha maybe i forgot because i got an eyeful right as soon as the episode started 💀
Apr 21, 2022 2:15 PM

Jan 2018
UC33 said:
The bad guys were so generic that I found it kind of funny. If that's what the show wanted to do then good job. I did like the design of Ariane.
If the goal was to be as generic as possible like you said then i agree they nailed that perfectly.
Apr 21, 2022 2:18 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Ponta's existence seemed to clear up the misunderstanding between Arc and Ariane. Pretty sure she's far from a 'dark elf' like the bandits called her lol.
Ariane wants to hire Arc...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 21, 2022 2:37 PM

Feb 2014
I was losing interest in this show, but Ariane's reintroduction onto the main plot made this episode the better one so far, (granted, that may not be saying much, we are only three episode in after all) and got me interested again.
Apr 21, 2022 2:39 PM

Mar 2010
That elf is not bad in terms of waifu, but I feel like she would be better as a blonde. :b

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 21, 2022 3:44 PM
Apr 2022
Super sick, I could use another wholesome episode lmao but Arc is funny his laugh is 2 much and I like the outro o o o o o o.
Apr 21, 2022 3:48 PM
Sep 2015
Isnt this episode the plot of Makai Kishi Ingrid?
Apr 21, 2022 4:46 PM
Oct 2020
slavemaster_1991 said:
“Damn─! The shameless humans!!! …Instead of submitting to you and enduring the humiliation for the rest of our lives, the people of the forest would rather die proudly!!!”

Along with her yells, the tip of the sword rose back up. A more intense hatred and anger gleamed from her eyes. The pressure from the dark aura now surrounding her caused the approaching men to hesitate.

This is how it was in LN. Why the hell did both manga and anime go for a "lady in distress" for a supposedly strong female character? This is just lame and makes both the character and the scene just stupid.

So that's how it's supposed to be, I wish the anime portrayed it that way
Apr 21, 2022 4:48 PM

Nov 2017
"Armor Lariat!!!!!"
I'm loving his naming sense!

I mean,Ainz would have probably just crushed him slowly,also traumatizing the poor elf kiddies,but no,Arc takes it one further than that and uses the slave traders body to damage a sacred tree as well!
Way to go Arc,Ainz has nothing on your evilness :)
StarhammerApr 21, 2022 4:52 PM
Apr 21, 2022 5:40 PM

Aug 2020
even tho it is average, I find it interesting. Arc's journey with the dark elf is starting now and I can't drop it

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 21, 2022 5:47 PM

Oct 2019
feel this is my 6-7/10 isekai of. the season
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Apr 21, 2022 5:59 PM
Apr 2018
TBH, I'm thinking that Arc also got the same problems as Ains where the avatar affects the user's personality.

It's not an extreme case like Ains but Arc is more of them blocking all the bad emotions like stress, anxiety,... and keeping all the positive one.

That is why when in some situations he can keep calm and think before doing stuff base on his moral code.
Apr 21, 2022 6:27 PM
Feb 2021
Ep was "okay".

Do elf kids just live in the forest like squirrels until they're old enough to live in a village?

The elves know they are being hunted and sold into slavery, but the elf kids are just randomly out roaming the woods unattended?

I'm fine with an OP MC just having fun, but maybe make the story a little more believable.

His short range teleport is a nice ability, but going 20 feet at a time over and over again seems kinda silly. Is walking really that much trouble?
Apr 22, 2022 12:14 AM
Oct 2016
Stark700 said:
Arc's 'ha ha ha' sounds so forced lol

About time Ariane made a reappearance as she only got like a minute of screen time from the first episode. She didn't greet Arc lightly either but I guess that's part of her nature. Also, I also have to wonder if all slaves are being treated so poorly. Kinda sad to see.

Arc did good work helping those elves and Ariane.

That's probably because it is. He's playing what he views as a hero.
Apr 22, 2022 12:15 AM
Oct 2016
jamesarr67 said:
Ep was "okay".

Do elf kids just live in the forest like squirrels until they're old enough to live in a village?

The elves know they are being hunted and sold into slavery, but the elf kids are just randomly out roaming the woods unattended?

I'm fine with an OP MC just having fun, but maybe make the story a little more believable.

His short range teleport is a nice ability, but going 20 feet at a time over and over again seems kinda silly. Is walking really that much trouble?

No, but the humans are violating their pacts with the Elven race by hunting the elves.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

116 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 2:52 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2022

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 28, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

74 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gambit9877 - Apr 28, 2022

68 by adbeaver »»
Feb 27, 5:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.