Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2022 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
We already know but conformation that Gol D Roger never eat a devil fruit. And further confirmation from kaido that Haki>Devil Fruit.

OMFG!! That is haki infused King King King Kong gun from Stampede with gear 5, Luffy is gonna destroy the onigashima!!!! Lmao
(Double spread and panel on last page is easily one of the best in onigashima, that artwork is insanely good)

The fight between Luffy & Kaido is amazing, I really love the artwork and choreography!

The emotions of samurai and momo's are shown perfectly.
I want to bring something really quick that right now if fight didn't end in next 2 chapters, then most of weekly readers will be angry and start saying that fight is dragging out and they are not wrong, reading one piece weekly is always a challenge. As for me I'm ok if kaido gets defeated defeated in 10 chapter or 2 chapters everything iis fine with me.
removed-userApr 20, 2022 8:10 PM
Apr 20, 2022 10:41 PM

Aug 2019
While Luffy's attack at the end looks pretty cool, this is like the dozenth chapter cliffhanger that involves Luffy aiming an attack on Kaido. In fact it's basically the same as the last chapter's cliffhanger except with a giant fist instead of Luffy holding lightning.

Also Oda is the king of wasting panels and pages; it seems like a big portion of the chapter is just Momonosuke reiterating things we've heard before. This doesn't build suspense - it just wastes time and pages that could've shown other more interesting things.
Apr 21, 2022 3:54 AM

Jul 2012
Early_Morning said:

Also Oda is the king of wasting panels and pages; it seems like a big portion of the chapter is just Momonosuke reiterating things we've heard before. This doesn't build suspense - it just wastes time and pages that could've shown other more interesting things.

Oda is the king of infodumping the shit out of hundreds and hundreds of chapters with panels and panels of text regarding several different things ongoing as each arc progresses.

It's actually one of the very rare times he is dedicating some chapters to the fights in length, I'm not sure where you see pages being wasted in One Piece, when it's as dense as Detective Conan in terms of how much information he crams in a single chapter for most of the manga's duration lol
Apr 21, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2012
Kaido is a motherfucking badass.

Just think about it for a second:

1- Fights the entire night against the most powerful big shots on the island non-stop.

2- Defeats Luffy TWICE, and without taking any proper breaks, start a third round with him powered up by his awakening.

3- It's carrying a motherfucking ISLAND for God knows how many kilometers and at which speed and altitude (considering it's big enough to crush an entire capital once dropped from the sky).

4- ONLY IN THE LATEST CHAPTERS he started getting weaker to the point of not being able to carry the island any further.

5- He is still kicking ass EVEN NOW LOL, and is basically hitting Luffy like a truck throughout the entire experience while looking unfazed for the most part by his techniques.

Like, holy fucking shit, this guy is too strong, and he have been fighting a shit ton of people in batches non-stop, if he goes down, he will still go out like a Whitebeard level of badass juggernaut.

Nice to see Momo's flashback, I've been wondering for a bit about his parting with his mom, it wasn't particularly detailed until now, even with Oden's flashback.

Also, my headcanon is now canon, Roger was indeed a fruitless chad!

@VolKur
This ongoing fight is currently exactly right up there with DoFlamingo's final fight (47 chapters long, with a shit ton of other fights in-between), in case anyone is wondering.

Though we barely got many pages for it until the latest chapters, so, in terms of just the fight, it's so much less (I wonder if someone will make an edit like they did with Katakuri's, to see how much we've got in terms of pages/panels dedicated to it (should be up there with Katakuri's and Doffy's in length, I think).

It basically comes to what you just said, reading One Piece weekly it's a rather slow experience, especially when it's battle focused (in theory, marathoning these is vastly faster than reading through the non-battle portions, except when we are accounting for the weekly wait) lol

It's also the main reason I took a break from Dressrossa and had a blast with it once I could read it in one go (also the reason it only got the love it deserved AFTER the arc was fully done, beforehand Dressrossa actually got a lot of hate for the weekly pacing).

Apr 21, 2022 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
Roger was the king of haki. Oda confirmed the expected after all these yearsand rendered many theories null

We've entered the real final stage of the arc. Luffy's humongous fist could very well be the finisher. Kaido flashback, when?

And damn Orochi is tougher than attempting a clean bulk 💀

Looking forward to the scans, but having another break is a fucking L. Hopefully we get an early chapter over Golden Week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2022 3:15 PM

Nov 2018
LUFFY VS KAIDO KEEPS ON DELIVERING LADS!!!

The flashback was great and I would hope it is the definitive and concluding one for the Scabbards/Momo, it feels as such on the greater context.

The fight kept on going and Luffy purposefully doesn't stop taking damage while preparing his ultimate blow: ISLAND SIZE PUNCH.

Kaido's gonna get the big ol' fisting, those hermorroids will last a lifetime for sure.
GRAYLIGHTNINGApr 21, 2022 9:27 PM
Apr 21, 2022 3:20 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was about to start drooling while reading this, what a great chapter.

I'm so in love with how Oda just reminded us of how terrifying devil fruit awakenings are with Big Mom's fight and with how Luffy's been handling Kaido so far but then he so seamlessly dropped the line “Haki > DF” only for Luffy to drop a nuclear Haki radiating punch in the next chapter.

I just love how Kaido is giving Roger credits for his pure Haki feats which also clears any remaining doubts of Roger even having a devil fruit.

I can't wait to see Momo's resolve moment animated in the Anime, it's gonna be a hell of an emotional build up, remember the brat from Punk Hazard? Man time flies.
Apr 21, 2022 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
So Oda confirms Roger never had a DF, which now that I think about it, I had just always assumed that was the case. It didn't even occur to me that we never had that confirmed before lol, I just figured since it never came up by now that he just never had one.

Oh boy Luffy is going for the finishing blow and he aint messing around. With Kaido getting more tired, a clean hit from that giant punch should finish things off. Momo is showing some resolve after that flashback so he should be able to finally make those flame clouds. This all should be wrapped up in the next chapter or two at this rate.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 21, 2022 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
I'm honestly done with this fckn arc, like can we go to the next island pls.
Apr 21, 2022 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
i tough it's always have known that roger didn't have devil fruit.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 21, 2022 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Jeez! Kaido is whooping Luffy's ass pretty good. I guess Luffy much like G4 needs to master the use of G5 (aka the awakening). I wonder if that giant punch gonna be the end of Onigashima island. Blowing the island to debris. I say even a punch like that wouldn't be enough to take Kaido down. Great chapter.
Apr 21, 2022 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
So in summary:

Roger had no devil fruit confirmed.

Luffy is unbeatable confirmed.

Please please please let this fight be done within the next 2 chapters. Move on to world government stuff or something else to conclude Wano. Oda is dragging this with unneeded panels and cutaways it's becoming painful to read this weekly and even on re-read it feels like it's dragging.
Apr 21, 2022 6:02 PM

May 2016
Roger getting confirmed that he was fruitless was a huge bomb that Oda dropped at this point. but all more reason to hype it up that final attack I can't wait for it to land Kaido and
smash his skull to smithereens XD.
Apr 21, 2022 6:30 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It's always funny to remember that while all this drama is happening in the sky, the Wano people are in their own world having a festival on the ground.

Hopefully, the fight between Luffy and Kaido is coming to a conclusion with this punch - although, I won't get too overzealous.
Apr 21, 2022 7:20 PM
May 2020
what a good absurdity
Apr 21, 2022 7:22 PM

Aug 2019
I just realized that Kaido dodged Luffy's lightning attack, which implies that Kaido's faster than lightning I guess? Also it's kinda funny because that attack was hyped in last chapter's cliffhanger... yet it did absolutely nothing. Watch as Luffy's new giant fist attack also ends up being useless in the next chapter lol.
Apr 21, 2022 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Early_Morning said:
I just realized that Kaido dodged Luffy's lightning attack, which implies that Kaido's faster than lightning I guess? Also it's kinda funny because that attack was hyped in last chapter's cliffhanger... yet it did absolutely nothing. Watch as Luffy's new giant fist attack also ends up being useless in the next chapter lol.

I think you are reading the manga with eyes closed!
Kaido dodged the lightning attack, that's why this time luffy grabbed kaido, so he can land this big fist to his face this time.
removed-userApr 21, 2022 8:37 PM
Apr 21, 2022 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
Damn I really wanted that lightning to hit Kaido! 😩

The themes of the chapter: sacrifice and resolve. Bittersweet yet admirable. After all is said and done, I hope Momo and Hiyori will fully recover they deserve as no child should experience such traumatic events.

My homies have been very set and stubborn for quite some time about Roger being a fruit user. 😆 It's gonna be interesting to see their reaction to this chapter. With that out of the way though I'm still more interested in Dragon-related theories. 👀
removed-userApr 21, 2022 9:57 PM
Apr 21, 2022 10:38 PM
Jul 2020
I am getting tired of this fight .
Kaido wont use awakening .
FFs oda you only had to give him awakening.
But major haki importance drop now I just wish Oda doesnt make another golden haki type of shit.

I wish kaido used elemental attacks in TB it would be so fun but Oda didnt use it.
Sigh lets see how next few chapters go.

I will not be surpirsed if Oda doesnt give Kaido FB

Also surpirse Orochi is alive who could have thought.
After MF tragedy, Ennis lobby(Merry death) I think wano will have zero casuality .At the very least I thought 4-5 scabbards would be killed.
Those who were teleported from past along with Momo who in adult form would sacrifice in front of all people.
I can bet Kanjuro will still appear.
I clearlly was overeastimating Oda too much thinking of replicating MF.
Ayu_01Apr 21, 2022 10:43 PM
Apr 21, 2022 10:56 PM

Oct 2017
Roger indeed was a legend like no other in the series.
Apr 21, 2022 11:38 PM
Oct 2016
That last panel! My jaw dropped. Holy shit can't wait for next chapter. Luffy is going to end this once and for all.
Apr 22, 2022 12:32 AM

Apr 2017
ngl, since the nika fruit reveal, i've been done with this fight. i wish i could fanboy like the rest of the fandom but i don't have it in me. only cool thing was kaido casually mentioning roger had no fruit so him and garp were really on top with just sheer willpower.

Early_Morning said:
early timeskip people were dodging light beams so a lightning bolt is nothing
Apr 22, 2022 1:31 AM

Jan 2017
Shonen Jump break next week?
Momo being a wimp is dragging out for too long now...
That Kin'emon flashback was unnecessary in this fight, it would have more impact if shown in the Udon-Momo sequence.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Apr 22, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2020
I just feel nothing abt this whole arc at this point, specially kaido vs luffy. Momo would probably save the flower capital people after getting another same flashbacks abt his mother for 6th time. No one will die probably, I lowkey think that even orochi will be Alive after the end of the arc (I hope not) and luffy will defeat kaido thanks to his op devil fruit.

I just want atleast this fight to end as soon as possible.
Apr 22, 2022 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
man, I thought Luffy & Kaido's battle would ended two chapters ago but to this day, it still going. even now I'm not sure that their battle would ended in 1 month regardless of WSJ break or Oda break.

Apr 22, 2022 5:42 AM

Jan 2019
Roger had no devil fruit !!!!!!
Just imagine 2 guys without devil fruits beating Xebec, Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaido, Shiki, John, etc.
It sounds almost unbelievable. Garp and Roger were on another level.
I can't wait to see how the fight ends.
Apr 22, 2022 6:24 AM

Aug 2021
Haki > DF confirmed
The "Please Reach Daddy" from Toko felt so damn sad ;-;
and the humongous fist made my adrenaline rushed up
Apr 22, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2020
damn Luffy got no chill, ready to blow up a city to smithereens haha. I liked how Oda reminded readers that Roger managed stand against world with only Haki.

Roger, Garp and Rayleigh

The Haki Trio

Maybe should add Rocks as well

lol idk

Good chapter as usual

Edit: maybe not blow up a country but a city, still not surprising. Luffy did almost split Dressrosa in two.
Mr_BananApr 22, 2022 11:46 AM
Apr 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
Good chapter, 7/10. If roger not having a fruit is true, then that’s really cool. Proves just how ridiculous his haki was.
Penguins are funny
Apr 22, 2022 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
Im really enjoying Onigashima. I saw some ppl on reddit saying that flashback with Toki is recap and Oda drew this once again but what i remember we didnt have that Kinemon talk.
My favorite stuff is ofc Luffy and him going wild with that gear 5 This man Luffy asked to move everyting because he's going to throw punch. Such an amazing final panel. Sword at Onigashima damn look at Luffy's fist. How wild it is :d

Im wondering on Kidd face and what Kaidou said (Tbc scans) "..and still brought the world to heel" It's realated to what Big Mom said? Roger brought that whole pirate era and that's what Kaidou saying or someting else. Idk but i know i like the chapter and it's good to read One Piece once again.
MalyRBTApr 22, 2022 3:02 PM
Apr 22, 2022 1:59 PM
Mar 2009
This whole fight is very underwhelming after the awakening. Luffy is just receiving blows and doesn't have any fightplan, just swing around and whatever happens...
Apr 22, 2022 4:20 PM

Jun 2017
That bomb about Roger not having fruit powers was kinda big. So I am guessing it's possible for normal humans to learn Haki, if so, why are there not more of them around? The fruits are all the rage. lol

looppy said:
This whole fight is very underwhelming after the awakening. Luffy is just receiving blows and doesn't have any fightplan, just swing around and whatever happens...

That's probably the whole point of his awakened powers. lol
Not that he ever really had any good fightplans. xd
Apr 24, 2022 4:18 AM
Mar 2020
So Roger had no devil fruit, basically only buggy from Roger's crew was a df user. Interesting...
Apr 24, 2022 8:23 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to have confirmation that Roger really didn't have a devil fruit ability. I actually appreciate Kaido's argument that devil fruit abilities aren't vital to becoming strong.

Here comes Luffy's giant fist! It's finally time for this fight to end!
Apr 24, 2022 9:27 AM
Mar 2015
Finally we are heading towards the finish of Luffy v Kaido
Apr 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Aug 2018
Nicely done chapter, very glad that Roger's true power reveal pretty much happened, man didn't have a devil fruit and managed to accomplish so much, Shanks will probably be same case

That final attack from Luffy is gonna be awesome spectacle to see
Apr 24, 2022 10:10 AM
Sep 2007
Please let it end already, so we can start the final arc.
Hi
Apr 24, 2022 6:13 PM

Apr 2018
Wano is both a delight and a frustration to read weekly. Even now it feels like it could go on another year no problem
Apr 24, 2022 10:54 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Woah, I'm finally up to date. It's been a ride for sure!!

Another epic chapter.

Kaido is still SO strong after all this time. His durability is INSANE. But to be honest, Luffy in his Gear Fifth form can certainly take some hits too!! That Death Destroyer Thunder Bagua looked super strong. Not to mention all of Kaido's other attacks including the Dragon Twister Demolition Breath which sliced Luffy up.

Don't care for Orochi, hopefully he'll get hit by the water.

This FINAL MASSIVE ATTACK looks awesome!! How big is that fist??

This looks like the climax :D
Apr 25, 2022 11:26 AM
May 2018
Early_Morning said:
While Luffy's attack at the end looks pretty cool, this is like the dozenth chapter cliffhanger that involves Luffy aiming an attack on Kaido. In fact it's basically the same as the last chapter's cliffhanger except with a giant fist instead of Luffy holding lightning.

Thank you someone else agrees. I thought i was the only one thinking this. I love One Piece and im enjoying the chapters but i feel recently every chapter ends with Luffy and Kaido. the plot isnt advancing and the same things happen with only a few cool things that appear. Momo is STILL scared to take care of Onigaishima while Yamato is all idle saying "you can do it momo" for like 10 chapters now. Hopefully Kaido is taken down for reals in the next chapter and move on because this fight is being dragged out for far too long.
Apr 26, 2022 6:25 PM

Mar 2016
There it is, after a literal decade, we've finally got an official direct in-manga confirmation that Roger has indeed, never eaten a devil fruit before, he became the pirate king purely through his prowess and haki. And yeah, I gotta give it to Kaido here for spitting straight facts, Haki is the power that transcends all.

We've been in this same loop for how many times now? We've seen the samurai make their resolve to die in battle times and times again as did seeing the citizens of Wano partying through the night in the flower capital. Not only that oh look! Orochi is still alive and kicking, for the 100th time, and even in the main spotlight, we've seen Luffy and Kaido dealing ending blows back and forth with no concrete resolution thus far. HOWEVER I still have patience, for now. (Anime One Piece have seen a more stretched out battle). Though it's dragged out considerably, sooner or later, the fight will end for good. And what better way to end the battle against a fearsome Yonko like Kaido than sending him down the ground with an ultramassive meteoric king king king kong gun?!
Apr 27, 2022 7:45 AM
Apr 2022
No way kaido gonna take that massive punch head on, he will dogde or counter attack with another strong attack. To beat monster like that common attack won't work, maybe kaido will be defeated with something unexpected
Apr 28, 2022 5:14 PM

Nov 2015
My god its getting frustrating like just give us full fight , we basically getting the same chapter every 2 weeks and we didn't even got kaido's flash back .

Apr 30, 2022 12:09 PM
Apr 2022
I'm really looking forward to the ending
May 1, 2022 3:57 AM
Dec 2008
This peak battle seems to be at its climax.
May 1, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2018
So Roger had no DF confirmed? If so, then Shanks could be following in Roger's footsteps.. That last panel was sick!
May 27, 2022 5:22 AM

Jun 2019
That was a great chapter. Gol D Roger never ate a devil fruit and still was able to become the King of the Pirates. Luffy is going all out finally but the island is in the way. I hope Momo will be able to move it in time.
Nov 17, 2022 4:08 PM

Apr 2018
Did Luffy just grab lightning and swung around it?......
How tf is that even possible LMAO. Holy shit, he's actually managing to put up a really good fight with all these weird moves. Kaido's getting a bit frustated and tells him that a devil fruit alone is not enough to conquer the seas. Roger did it without one, pure haki.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 20, 2022 7:09 PM

May 2021
It's probably obvious to a lot of people already but Gear 5 Luffy just can't stop reminding me of Sun Wukong. And I dunno if it's just me but Gear 5 Luffy seems to have more of a tendency to take attacks from Kaido as compared to his other forms.

Dec 11, 2022 8:44 PM
Apr 2018
I just love momonosukes part, and obviously the fight between Luffy and Kaido
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.