Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2022 3:52 PM
Jan 2019
I finally watched this movie an hour ago. My body is dry and my heart has been ripped out. I gave it a 10/10 but it is probably a 9/10. This is because when Aerial wants to become a knight we cut to Maquia and she is crying before someone hops into the room and presumably takes her. We then see Lang visiting the room and no one is there. My assumption was she was taken for the kingdom cos Leila couldn't make another child and the first was a girl, plus the prince was fed up with her.

However, after the time skip, we see her in a white room and then Krim of all ppl comes in and talks to her. That didn't make sense to me cos why would krim be with her randomly? especially if she was taken by the kingdom. It's then implied she's pregnant because "it's said and iorph's hair falls past their waist they bare a child" something like that idk. Then she and krim escape and stuff happen. Krim meets Leila which tells me the kingdom didn't steal maquia?? lmao.

It's just all a bit confusing especially when its stated they want another iorph and even lang says "they got a new one, not sure if it is maquia tho" cos she disappeared. It's the only thing that isn't explained properly that needed to be. If it was the kingdom why was she in some random white room and able to easily escape? Maybe cos of the war? Okay, then why was Krim there? their interaction was like they had seen each other recently so idk.

Anyways, amazing movie, just didn;t really get that stuff. Anyone else?
Apr 19, 2022 8:49 AM
Sep 2018
that part did feel weird. It felt like when you walk out of the theater for a break and came back and miss a couple minutes
Apr 24, 2022 1:36 PM
Aug 2012
I think she was taken by the kingdom and Krim broke her out.

The part about her hair was like, she let her hair grow out, but she's not allowed to have hair that long because she hasn't had a child of her own yet.

Side note: Fuck this Krim guy bro. Takes Maquia with him to save Leilia then just ditches her to go save Leilia by himself, only to be like come on lets fucking suicide ourselves together pleasssse baby boo *Pleading eyes emoji*
What a piece of shit fuck this guy.
Jul 26, 2022 8:51 AM
Aug 2018
Kamikoto_kl said:
I finally watched this movie an hour ago. My body is dry and my heart has been ripped out. I gave it a 10/10 but it is probably a 9/10. This is because when Aerial wants to become a knight we cut to Maquia and she is crying before someone hops into the room and presumably takes her. We then see Lang visiting the room and no one is there. My assumption was she was taken for the kingdom cos Leila couldn't make another child and the first was a girl, plus the prince was fed up with her.

However, after the time skip, we see her in a white room and then Krim of all ppl comes in and talks to her. That didn't make sense to me cos why would krim be with her randomly? especially if she was taken by the kingdom. It's then implied she's pregnant because "it's said and iorph's hair falls past their waist they bare a child" something like that idk. Then she and krim escape and stuff happen. Krim meets Leila which tells me the kingdom didn't steal maquia?? lmao.

It's just all a bit confusing especially when its stated they want another iorph and even lang says "they got a new one, not sure if it is maquia tho" cos she disappeared. It's the only thing that isn't explained properly that needed to be. If it was the kingdom why was she in some random white room and able to easily escape? Maybe cos of the war? Okay, then why was Krim there? their interaction was like they had seen each other recently so idk.

Copy paste from my ans from other thread , meh whatever
Also @omen-

I hate to say it but @kamikoto_kl this is the case of you not paying enough attention, as all answers to your question are in the movie.

It was krim who abduct maquia , he did as he colluded with the enemy kingdoms

So all the white rooms stuff u mentioned happened at the enemy(vaiella) base,,,

As for the hair part,

It says here, that only those who have birthed can have such long hair, probably asking her on why she would have long hair when only mothers 'can' have long hair,,,

And no krim and maquia are not 'escaping' , they had COME together with enemy kingdoms TO rescue leilia,, and the enemy Kingdoms(vaiella and co.) used krim as steppingstone to start the war with kingdom(mezarte) as seen in the 2nd screenshot.

And lang said that "VAIELLA" got the new Iorph girl , indicating that maquia was with the enemy(vaiella)

This also answers your question as to why krim(who colluded with vaiella/enemy) be at the white room(vaiella/enemy's base) with maquia, because they weren't at the kingdom(mezarte) in the first place.

And yes last but not least, the timeskips,, yes they are abrupt and hard to adapt to but i just take those as seeing how fast and unchanging time is for maquia because all the timeskips are from maquia's POV.

I hope this clears up things. (:

May 1, 2023 11:03 PM

Apr 2020
Saiaku27 said:
Kamikoto_kl said:

Also @omen-

I hate to say it but @kamikoto_kl this is the case of you not paying enough attention, as all answers to your question are in the movie.

As for the hair part,

It says here, that only those who have birthed can have such long hair, probably asking her on why she would have long hair when only mothers 'can' have long hair,,,

And no krim and maquia are not 'escaping' , they had COME together with enemy kingdoms TO rescue leilia,, and the enemy Kingdoms(vaiella and co.) used krim as steppingstone to start the war with kingdom(mezarte) as seen in the 2nd screenshot.

And lang said that "VAIELLA" got the new Iorph girl , indicating that maquia was with the enemy(vaiella)

This also answers your question as to why krim(who colluded with vaiella/enemy) be at the white room(vaiella/enemy's base)  with maquia, because they weren't at the kingdom(mezarte) in the first place.

And yes last but not least, the timeskips,, yes they are abrupt and hard to adapt to but i just take those as seeing how fast and unchanging time is for maquia because all the timeskips are from maquia's POV.

I know you posted this nearly a year ago but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your explanation. I just rewatched the movie with a group of friends in hopes of picking up on more details and an answer to some of the questions I was left with since my first watch. While everything makes far more sense now, just that one particular part with Krim and Maquia still left me extremely confused (the same exact way the OP stated). I believe the main reason's because the version I watched had subtitles that made it far more vague and confusing to understand. The screenshots with the subs you posted makes it 10x more understandable and i'm happy to have read your explanation. Otherwise, this entire time I've always thought of that part as a major flaw.
Jan 20, 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Saiaku27
Kamikoto_kl said:

Also @omen-

As for the hair part,

This also answers your question as to why krim(who colluded with vaiella/enemy) be at the white room(vaiella/enemy's base) with maquia, because they weren't at the kingdom(mezarte) in the first place.

@Saiaku27

Thank you for your explanation about

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Feb 24, 2018

310 by Rudyanto13 »»
Apr 2, 10:40 PM

» Ariel x maquia anyone? ( 1 2 )

Shiyuru99 - Nov 1, 2018

56 by brandon08967 »»
Feb 17, 12:00 AM

» Question about krim

Bruhdotmp3 - Apr 9, 2022

3 by shuffle_017 »»
Jan 20, 7:56 AM

» "Let's Decorate the Morning of Farewells with the Promised Flowers"

MinhQuan_Luu - Nov 4, 2018

3 by Obakezoku »»
Aug 13, 2023 8:04 AM

» Questions about Half-Iorph

Kyyo - Nov 7, 2021

5 by ikasamatensai »»
Jun 29, 2023 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.