Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2022 9:11 AM
Feb 2020
i haven't played the game, but i have read that it's supposed to be adventure/fantasy, no romance, so at least it won't be some trashy adaptation of an otome game that ends up average at best. anyone know if the story has potential tho?
Apr 19, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 2021
If you're a fan of Yana Toboso's storytelling and characters then I would totally recommend watching it when it comes out. I'm personally very hyped for it because the game has so many features that unexpectedly work together. I'm not too far in the story/game yet but what I can say is that the main focus for many ppl may just be the students. I found it very easy to get attached the them as well as the teachers and faculty. Some of my favs are Malleus, Jade, Riddle, and Crowley. The game is rlly enthralling but anyways I hope I was able to help!
Apr 22, 2022 3:21 AM
Feb 2020
FXET_507 said:
If you're a fan of Yana Toboso's storytelling and characters then I would totally recommend watching it when it comes out. I'm personally very hyped for it because the game has so many features that unexpectedly work together. I'm not too far in the story/game yet but what I can say is that the main focus for many ppl may just be the students. I found it very easy to get attached the them as well as the teachers and faculty. Some of my favs are Malleus, Jade, Riddle, and Crowley. The game is rlly enthralling but anyways I hope I was able to help!

i see, thanks for the info! will check it out
Apr 24, 2022 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
The story has TONS of potential but the question is: will they adapt it well? I really, really love the characters of the Twisted Wonderland game. They're all unique, fun, and likeable. The ongoing story itself is also quite good, with plenty of humor and heart to be had. If they don't screw up the anime adaptation with lazy animation, chopped up story, and awful pacing, then it could honestly be a huge hit. The problem is: most adaptations of games ARE lazy and bad. Why? Because they know fans of the game are going to watch it anyway and give them their views and therefore their advertising $$$. I'm obsessed with the Twisted Wonderland game and so I'm praying that this adaptation is an exception, and is really nice. A potential positive (?) is that because it's a Disney work, they could make sure it's decent. The downside to this of course is that it will probably be hard and annoying to watch the subtitled version; it will probably be on Disney+ if I had to guess and the dialogue is sure to be completely rewritten and not a true direct translation of the Japanese version (this is how many of the dialogue lines are in the game).
May 8, 2022 5:07 PM

Apr 2015
If they don't try to push an OC self-insert left and center and don't cut corners it should work fine.Unlike other gacha, the MC in TW is often unnoticeable allowing the light to shine on actual in-game characters the players care about
Jul 3, 2022 11:34 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, it is worth looking. Looks promising at least.
Oct 17, 2022 2:18 PM
serial obsessive

Jan 2012
eightdollarwater said:
The story has TONS of potential but the question is: will they adapt it well?

I have a feeling that initially they'll just adapt Rose-Red Tyrant for the nth time. 😆 The pacing shouldn't be bad if they take the approach of 1 Book = 1 season. The only downside of that would be if the anime doesn't gain enough viewers and we don't get subsequent seasons up to Book 7.
Forever a reader, rarely a watcher. Also listens to music.

⸢There are three ways to survive in a ruined world.⸥
⸢I’ve forgotten a few by now. However, one thing’s for certain.⸥
⸢And that is, the you reading these words will get to survive.⸥
⸢This story is for just that one reader.⸥
Oct 17, 2022 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
complexities said:

I have a feeling that initially they'll just adapt Rose-Red Tyrant for the nth time. 😆 The pacing shouldn't be bad if they take the approach of 1 Book = 1 season. The only downside of that would be if the anime doesn't gain enough viewers and we don't get subsequent seasons up to Book 7.

It's a double-edged sword. 1 book per season would be excellent for pacing, and we could have anime-exclusive moments or developments that could be great. But TWST popularity could fizzle out after like 3 seasons of airing then, and then we will never see the rest adapted. I wonder if 2 books per season would be a bad idea? I think they could do it especially with the first 4 books, which are shorter than the others.
Oct 17, 2022 3:39 PM
serial obsessive

Jan 2012
eightdollarwater said:
complexities said:

It's a double-edged sword. 1 book per season would be excellent for pacing, and we could have anime-exclusive moments or developments that could be great. But TWST popularity could fizzle out after like 3 seasons of airing then, and then we will never see the rest adapted. I wonder if 2 books per season would be a bad idea? I think they could do it especially with the first 4 books, which are shorter than the others.

Hmm 2 Books per season might still be feasible. But then it likely would be:
Season 1: Prologue and Book 1
Season 2: Books 2 and 3
Season 3: Books 4 and 5
Season 4: Books 6 and 7

May 28, 2023 4:53 AM

Mar 2012
My phone would catch on fire trying to play the game, so good to hear that the story sounds really decent. I follow Black Butler to this day, so I've always been a lil interested in Twisted Wonderland.

I've seen the anniversary clips that were put out and they look fine. I could never shake the vibe of it being an otome game from the character design (just has that kind of look, yknow?) so I'm interested in seeing what the plot actually is and maybe rewatching those clips sometime after.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 10, 2023 10:50 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to complexities
eightdollarwater said:
complexities said:

Hmm 2 Books per season might still be feasible. But then it likely would be:
Season 1: Prologue and Book 1
Season 2: Books 2 and 3
Season 3: Books 4 and 5
Season 4: Books 6 and 7
@complexities Hmm, the prologue to the book 4, i think will be good with 2 or 3 books per season, but book 5 is pretty long, book 6 it's more long than the book 5 and book 7, well... i think will be good if those last 3 have a season for each
Sep 10, 2023 11:41 AM
serial obsessive

Jan 2012
Reply to mineyukicchi
@complexities Hmm, the prologue to the book 4, i think will be good with 2 or 3 books per season, but book 5 is pretty long, book 6 it's more long than the book 5 and book 7, well... i think will be good if those last 3 have a season for each
@mineyukicchi I understand now that book 6 is longer than book 5. I still haven't finished playing it. 😆

Nov 1, 2023 3:23 AM
Aug 2023
I'd say the game looks great to play, but if it's not your cup of tea, there's an article with a list of other great Disney games for you to play
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.