Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2022 11:05 PM
Aug 2013
Hi, i'm watching Code Geass because for years i've heard people hype it as one of the best anime and i've put off watching it until recently I started watching it and i'm up to episode 7 right now and it's really really boring and bad so far. What episode does Code Geass actually get good or what is the redeeming qualities I should look for? or can someone explain why it's good?
~AnimeDownUnder~

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 2022 11:08 PM

Dec 2021
it doesn't ever get good (never was either) but i never saw it as boring. anyways just drop it, they spend too much time on the irrelevant school setting

literally the only redeeming quality is if you looked at it with a different point of view and just saw it as "so-bad-its-good"
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 14, 2022 11:10 PM
Aug 2013
cosmico456 said:
it doesn't ever get good (never was either) but i never saw it as boring. anyways just drop it, they spend too much time on the irrelevant school setting

Oh that's lame, I was hoping Lelouch would at least do something cool with his eye power or something but so far even his eye power sux. I thought this anime was like your typical battle shounen with at least some awesome fights to look forward to but it's just politics and so boring which I hate
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Dec 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
cosmico456 said:

Oh that's lame, I was hoping Lelouch would at least do something cool with his eye power or something but so far even his eye power sux. I thought this anime was like your typical battle shounen with at least some awesome fights to look forward to but it's just politics and so boring which I hate
AnimeDownUnder said:
cosmico456 said:

i mean he kinda does since the shenanigans he pulls off are fun but then you think about it and realize "wow this shit makes absolutely no sense"

i guess just don't take the show seriously 🤣

the fights themselves are cool but then they become shit in season 2 since they just get reduced to beam spamming rather than ridiculous but entertaining strategy
Apr 14, 2022 11:16 PM

Aug 2020
If you don't like it right now then you won't like the later parts because the story becomes a mess but people just forget every problem it has just because the ending is good.
Apr 14, 2022 11:17 PM

May 2021
Bad and boring? could u please elaborate a little?
Code geass's politics,reasonable mind games and Great character writing makes it what it is.
Apr 14, 2022 11:19 PM
Dec 2020
Code Geass is more like strategy making than shounen action so that might be the reason you dont like it and it involves politics too it's not Code Geass's fault that you aren't into strategy making/political anime overall it's a great show only someone with good taste would appreciate it
Apr 14, 2022 11:20 PM

May 2021
not with that attitude
Apr 14, 2022 11:22 PM
Jun 2020
AnimeDownUnder said:
Hi, i'm watching Code Geass because for years i've heard people hype it as one of the best anime and i've put off watching it until recently I started watching it and i'm up to episode 7 right now and it's really really boring and bad so far. What episode does Code Geass actually get good or what is the redeeming qualities I should look for? or can someone explain why it's good?

Don’t listen to the guy responding to you. He’s an elitist. Code geass is amazing just stick with it
Apr 14, 2022 11:26 PM
Nov 2019
Watch atleast up to episode 13 that was the episode that hooked me and if u don’t like it at that point don’t watch it
Apr 14, 2022 11:26 PM
Oct 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:

I watched it because of the hype as well and it was really boring and bad for me too. Unfortunately, it never got good and imo the second season was even worse than the first season. Code Geass has a manipulative MC that's why a lot of people like it.
Apr 14, 2022 11:32 PM
Aug 2013
KP_SENSEI said:
Code geass's politics,reasonable mind games and Great character writing makes it what it is.

It's boring because I hate politics, same reason I hated Legend of galactic heroes. Yeah they have good "strategy" and mind games but a show has to be good enough for me to watch it. I don't think it's good, that's why i'm asking when does it start getting good. Because even the so called mind games and strategy are not as good as other anime i've seen like jojo's, death note, monster, great pretender, golgo 13, no game no life, etc...I just think it's boring and the fights are not good either and lelouch i've heard is this really good character but I ain't liking him so far. You could say that I don't think the characters or the story is very good so it's hard to get into an anime when you don't like the characters or story or the politics or the fights or the mecha or the animation, etc...
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 14, 2022 11:34 PM
Aug 2013
JoshyKage said:
Watch atleast up to episode 13 that was the episode that hooked me and if u don’t like it at that point don’t watch it

Thanks i'll try watching up to episode 13 and see if I like it then
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 14, 2022 11:36 PM
Oct 2020
Just say that you aren’t understanding it’s politics .
Apr 14, 2022 11:36 PM

Dec 2021
axtrast said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

I watched it because of the hype as well and it was really boring and bad for me too. Unfortunately, it never got good and imo the second season was even worse than the first season. Code Geass has a manipulative MC that's why a lot of people like it.

i'm telling u man lelouch must've geass'd mfs to think its good
Apr 14, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 2013
Faisal_Mahmud27 said:

Well they said that about evangelion too "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND EVA"...

I understand it, but I don't like it. Politics in general is not my cup of tea, it bores me and I don't have interest in it.

However if you can tell me what episode it gets good I will keep watching it and see if it gets good, because I want to give this anime a fair try and I probably won't drop it because I hate dropping anime when i'm like half way through and committed to watching it
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 14, 2022 11:38 PM

May 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
KP_SENSEI said:

It's boring because I hate politics, same reason I hated Legend of galactic heroes. Yeah they have good "strategy" and mind games but a show has to be good enough for me to watch it. I don't think it's good, that's why i'm asking when does it start getting good. Because even the so called mind games and strategy are not as good as other anime i've seen like jojo's, death note, monster, great pretender, golgo 13, no game no life, etc...I just think it's boring and the fights are not good either and lelouch i've heard is this really good character but I ain't liking him so far. You could say that I don't think the characters or the story is very good so it's hard to get into an anime when you don't like the characters or story or the politics or the fights or the mecha or the animation, etc...

Well,Then the anime isnt "bad",its your choice that is kinda different tbh. Also,NGNL,death note and phantom blood mainly focused on strategic warfares,while cose geass focuses more on the psychological part.If itnis not your type then u should drop it,the show just gets dark from the 13th or the 14th ep.
Apr 14, 2022 11:41 PM
Oct 2021
If you don't like it know better you drop it.
Apr 14, 2022 11:42 PM
Oct 2020
AnimeDownUnder said:
Faisal_Mahmud27 said:

Well they said that about evangelion too "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND EVA"...

I understand it, but I don't like it. Politics in general is not my cup of tea, it bores me and I don't have interest in it.

However if you can tell me what episode it gets good I will keep watching it and see if it gets good, because I want to give this anime a fair try and I probably won't drop it because I hate dropping anime when i'm like half way through and committed to watching it

I will always recommend you to watch till end. But as for you, you can try untill episode 15. And remember CG is not only about politics.
Apr 14, 2022 11:44 PM
Aug 2013
Franklin1-N said:

I don't like it, but it's one of those anime you have to complete just to have an opinion on it and rate it. I don't think you should rate an anime a low score without watching it all, but I also think should complete the whole anime before giving final thoughts on it. There's been quite a few anime I didn't like during the first half and then I end up liking them FMA brotherhood is one of those anime that i'm glad I never dropped because last half was really good. I kinda get the impression that Code Geass is like that maybe it gets better in the last half but first half starts off boring and slow? is this the case or does it just stay bad the whole time? I will give it a chance to get better but I'd like to know what episode I have to wait to, the above comments say episode 13 so i'm going to try watch up to then
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 14, 2022 11:47 PM
Oct 2018
Code Geass Ending is One of the greatest Anime Ending of all time
Apr 15, 2022 12:06 AM
May 2016
Whut I just finished s2 and I think it's a bloody masterpiece
Apr 15, 2022 12:28 AM

Jan 2021
Personally, it never got better for me. The last few episodes from R2 were pretty good though.
Other than that, the show was pretty unremarkable and at times, off-puttingly bizarre.
Apr 15, 2022 12:45 AM
Jan 2021
It got interesting around 7ish
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 15, 2022 12:55 AM

Oct 2015
AnimeDownUnder said:

Taste differs. It is alright to not enjoy a popular anime. If you don't enjoy it, it is alright to drop it.
I have dropped a lot of popular anime, Kaguya-sama, Franxx thing, Attack On Titan, etc.

I enjoyed Code Geass: Akito The Exiled but do not enjoy Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion.

A lot of people mentions that it has a good ending. Reality, not really, since it is done by plot armour, a lot of characters cheat death, especially Suzaku. And plot armour is very common in CG: LLOR.

The only good part in CG: LLOR is the politics (especially the resistance movements), which are very realistic

I will recommend some anime better than Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion:
Mobile Suit Gundam (Every Universal Century outside G-Saviour): UC Gundam has better politics, plot, characters tham Code Geass: LLOR.
Mobile Fighter: G Gundam: Has plot twists done right, not done with plot armour like LLOR. It still carries the Gundam's original message "Will there ever be true peace?"
Tenkyou No Alderamin (LN, anime is incomplete): Has a lot of mind games similar to CG: LLOR.

I have checked your MAL profile, I think you can consider Mobile Fighter: G Gundam, since it is shounen-action, it also better message, characters and plot twists then CG: LLOR.

And to the rest of the people who are attacking OP for not enjoying CG: LLOR. It is normal for someone to not enjoy your favourite anime, because everyone has different tastes. To be a fan of a certain fiction, you need to acknowledge its good parts and bad parts. There is no fiction known as a masterpiece, every fiction has flaws. My favourite anime is Gundam and I acknowledge that SEED and SEED Destiny has a lot of problems (plot armour, cartoon war story, horrible characters).
Apr 15, 2022 3:00 AM
Jul 2021
Animeloverkaneki said:
Code Geass is more like strategy making than shounen action so that might be the reason you dont like it and it involves politics too it's not Code Geass's fault that you aren't into strategy making/political anime overall it's a great show only someone with good taste would appreciate it

Why you sound so sad like chill just because he finds it boring don’t mean he got trash taste
Apr 15, 2022 3:04 AM
Jul 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:

I’d say give it a shot. Code Geass was also uninteresting for me and it didn’t really get better until the final episode. But the reason I say continue is because of how popular and praised it is but personally I found it boring and at some points just dumb. For me it’s like a 7.5/10.
Apr 15, 2022 3:08 AM

Mar 2011
KP_SENSEI said:

This is the same guy that wrote me multiple paragraphs on why he thinks Evangelion is 'objectively bad'. I think he's a lost cause lol.
Apr 15, 2022 3:10 AM

May 2021
ickoriss said:
KP_SENSEI said:

This is the same guy that wrote me multiple paragraphs on why he thinks Evangelion is 'objectively bad'. I think he's a lost cause lol.

People be writing paragraphs nowadays like they are breathing,lol
Apr 15, 2022 3:13 AM
Jan 2022
bro just watch patiently until episode 22, where your brain will literally melt out of your ears, and then episode fifty where it will blow into a million pieces. season 2 of this anime is the single greatest 25 episode season to ever grace this planet with it's existence. there's no point in dropping it, it's not like any of us are gonna do something productive with our time. just watch a bit more
Apr 15, 2022 3:18 AM

Aug 2020
AnimeDownUnder said:
KP_SENSEI said:

then watch something else, it's pretty clear you aren't going to like it, saying jojo has better kind games? that's just offensive to the writing of code geass though, the plot of code geass is far more engaged than jojos.
Call me Ren
Apr 15, 2022 3:32 AM

Sep 2021
There's not much redeeming qualities for CG tbh, it's a mess of asspulls and plotholes but I still enjoyed it from the very first episode. The next big event happens in ep 11 and 22 so try to watch till there and if it still does not peak your interest, then it's just not for you.
Apr 15, 2022 3:42 AM
Mar 2019
you just blow in from stupid town? one of the greatest anime ever lol
Apr 15, 2022 3:45 AM
Dec 2020
TheBanj0 said:
Animeloverkaneki said:

Why you sound so sad like chill just because he finds it boring don’t mean he got trash taste
damn i seem sad ? Tbh i was just tryna tell him that his taste is pretty unique that's all man
Apr 15, 2022 4:45 AM
Apr 15, 2022 4:56 AM

Apr 2021
ickoriss said:
KP_SENSEI said:

He's not wrong tho ?
I think if you only focus on the story, Evangalion is a pretty average show
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 15, 2022 5:13 AM

Mar 2011
aktiwkunn said:
ickoriss said:

He's not wrong tho ?
Regardless of opinion, I think it's pointless to type multiple paragraphs trying to convince someone that already really likes something to not like it anymore. I don't care for the Attack on Titan anime, but I don't hound people who do.
Apr 15, 2022 5:40 AM

Jul 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Franklin1-N said:

I don't like it, but it's one of those anime you have to complete just to have an opinion on it and rate it. I don't think you should rate an anime a low score without watching it all, but I also think should complete the whole anime before giving final thoughts on it. There's been quite a few anime I didn't like during the first half and then I end up liking them FMA brotherhood is one of those anime that i'm glad I never dropped because last half was really good. I kinda get the impression that Code Geass is like that maybe it gets better in the last half but first half starts off boring and slow? is this the case or does it just stay bad the whole time? I will give it a chance to get better but I'd like to know what episode I have to wait to, the above comments say episode 13 so i'm going to try watch up to then

The stakes are escalating pretty steadily throughout the anime with the exception of some random sidetracks here and there.

I mean, his goal is to take over the Holy Britanian Empire. That's kind of a big task.
And it has the best ending in anime... But that's 50 episodes in, so that's a hard recommendation, if you aren't sold already.
Apr 15, 2022 5:44 AM
Aug 2020
AnimeDownUnder said:

It will be hard to appreciate in your late twenties. Hard to appreciate a shounen at that age. Trust. But I am very surprised that you gave Ginga Eiyuu Densesty 4/10 after a few episodes. I am watching Galactic Heroes, and I am enjoying the dialogue and dynamics very much. It's very mature. Most of the people here are probably teenagers, with next to no understanding of politics. When I was at their age, I found Code Geass also amazing. But I doubt I will like it now. Tastes change when you get older.
Apr 15, 2022 6:55 AM
Sep 2019
Code Geass is like Death Note with Mechs, if Death Note was your jam, stick with it! :)
Apr 15, 2022 7:23 AM
Feb 2022
AnimeDownUnder said:

It’s pretty good from the beginning?
But it has its ups and downs in the story
Apr 15, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 2018
I really like code geass but I can say there are som episodes that are not the best... I enjoyed it all but maybe is not of your taste, its not like full action n stuff maybe you could like more death note?
cause even if they are bot strategy animes Death Note I think sometimes is more consistent well at least in all the first half.

The second season of code geass still... is carried by the end cause is not as good as first one, but it still is entertaining but I think if you have already gone up to episode 7 you already know what it is about make your choice
Apr 15, 2022 8:39 AM
Apr 2021
Animeloverkaneki said:

he's a shonen tard
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Apr 15, 2022 8:43 AM
Apr 2021
ickoriss said:
aktiwkunn said:

He's not wrong tho ?
Regardless of opinion, I think it's pointless to type multiple paragraphs trying to convince someone that already really likes something to not like it anymore. I don't care for the Attack on Titan anime, but I don't hound people who do.

yea because you're a neckbeard lolicon
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Apr 15, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
Drop it move on to other series
It's clearly not for you
Apr 15, 2022 8:54 AM
Dec 2020
nonofyourbeeswax said:
Animeloverkaneki said:

he's a shonen tard
oh then finding code geass boring is expected
Apr 15, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2020
Well, as you mentioned, if by "fun" you mean shonen-esque battles and sick powers and stuff like that, then no, CG isn't that type of show. There'll be a lot of politics and talking and meticulous mind games in the rest of the show, so if that's not your cup of tea, just drop it I guess.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Apr 15, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2021
I am not sure what happened up to episode 7 but I do know that it got better as I progressed so maybe you didn't get to the best parts yet. Tho I do think that I was loving this anime by episode 7...maybe.
Apr 15, 2022 9:21 AM
Dec 2020
I dont understand People saying that you should watch till something. If first 3ep did not do it for you then Drop it. On the other hand what the heck do you want? code geass has problems. for my friend it is all those stupid mistakes that happen.
but do you realy want all your mecha series to be all the same. code geas dont start with unique mecha that is main point. to me it was war with different kind of pieces. Also all teens have their problems but I really hated amuro and his crying. Also I want that in war anime both sides are People. not somekind space aliens or orcs that dont have mind. also if you want Boring then go watch gundam where you allways know that zeds lose
Apr 15, 2022 9:40 AM
May 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:

I personally only completed it because Lelouch is such a badass Mc, everything else is pretty boring to be honest
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.