Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2022 1:47 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
The event is now over! You can see how you placed here.

Welcome to MAL's Annual Easter Hunt!

Complete Easy and/or Hard route before
Sun April 24, 23:59 PDT

to receive one of these profile badges!
(chick=easy, egg=hard)

Story

Hoping to take a long vacation now that the global chick flu pandemic has been easing up,
MAL's Easter Bunny logged on to MAL Chocolates Inc.'s company portal to check how much paid time off he had accrued.

To his dismay, MAL's Easter Bunny instead found that he was getting dragged back to the office
by his employers who didn't want their property to depreciate in value!

Depressed by the thought of having to work in a cubicle again, MAL's Easter Bunny decides to get drunk at the local izakaya
and ends up losing all his company's chocolate samples in his drunken stupor!

Please help him find his 18 chicks (easy route) and ?? eggs (hard route) before he gets chewed out by his boss!
You may work alone or with 1 trusty partner.

Easy
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _
( 8 / 6 / 4 letters)

Hard
_ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
( 6 / 6 / 7 letters)

How to Play

1. Choose a route: Easy or Hard.
If you're new to the event or do not have a lot of time, do the Easy route. The hunting skills you learn during the Easy route will help you tackle the Hard route (later or next year).

2. Solve the hints to find which anime/manga/character entry has the chick/egg.
Hints themselves are mostly not difficult. Searching "anime + ..." a few keywords from the hint will bring the entry up in DuckDuckGo, Google, and/or the MAL search box. We are not expecting you to have seen/read all these anime/manga!

The first hint is given to you in this thread.

3. Find the chick/egg and letter in the Pictures of the correct anime/manga/character entry.
Easy route: You will be looking for letters inside a chick outline, like on the Gudetama picture.
Hard route: You will be looking for letters inside an egg outline, like the Toshokan Sensou picture.

The images with the chick/egg will always appear on the last picture of the image gallery in a database page: Anime, Manga, Character.

Make sure you write the letter down!

4. Find the next hint in the same anime/manga/character page you found the chick/egg.
Hints will be visible on one of the tabs of the entry that you found the chick/egg, excluding: Reviews, Recommendations, Stats, Featured.

Clickable hints should be clicked!

Hints will not be inside other related database entries unless the relation/link text itself is a clue. Look for anything unusual.
  • If you're on an anime page, the hint will not be inside a character/people/manga entry, unless the link title/picture itself is weird.
  • If you're on a character page, the hint will not be inside the anime/etc. entry, unless the link on the character page is weird.
  • Spoilers on a database entry do not need to be opened, unless the spoiler button itself is weird.
Sometimes Easter words (e.g. egg, rabbit, bunny, usagi...) or Story-Themed words (e.g. office, restaurant, izakaya...) will be included to help you see what's a hint, and not legit info.

5. After collecting all the letters, unscramble them to get the hint for the final anime/manga/character entry!
You will need both the scrambled and unscrambled phrase for the Google form, so don't delete it!

There are tools online that can help you unscramble phrases. Pro tip: We usually include an Easter or Story-related word in the final hint.

Finally, doing the hunt will look something like this...

Example:
  • Hint #1: "Libraries are supposed to be quiet places, but it seems like this one is constantly at war..."
  • DuckDuckGo: anime + libraries at war
  • Series #1: Toshokan Sensou (Library Wars)
  • Egg #1: Hidden on image (top right) in the anime entry's gallery (could also be manga/LN).
  • Letter #1: A (from the image)
  • Hint #2: Found in the OP theme: "Struggles of a part-timer: McRonald vs Sentucky Fried Chicken"
  • DuckDuckGo: anime + McRonald vs Sentucky Fried Chicken OR anime + struggles of a part-timer
  • Series #2: Hataraku Maou-sama! (The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
  • etc...

Please refer to the 2021 Game Route for more examples.

Submit Your Answers

Use this Google Form to submit the chocolate's location before the time runs out!

Closes: Sun Apr 24, 23:59 PDT
(Your Timezone)

Join Us!

During the event, you can ask for hints and help (not solutions) using either this thread or our Discord server.

First, join the MAL server using the link below. Verify your MAL account as per the instructions.
Then go to #bot-spam (under Miscellaneous) and type ?join easter.

Discord

KinetaApr 26, 2022 9:29 AM
Pages (68) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2019
Never touched this event because it always looked like too much effort, but here comes another badge to my account.

Well, I look forward in participating I guess.
Apr 15, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2019
Here we go! I hope I can actually complete the hard route this year.
Apr 15, 2022 9:03 AM

May 2021
Looks interesting, I'll try to see how it goes.

Hopefully I'll understand it better than MALoween because I didn't get that one.

Ooh I found the first one, the hint is actually very good. (Now stuck in between the first and second lol).
RaviDaviApr 15, 2022 10:00 AM

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Apr 15, 2022 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
Interesting~
ok i'm so stressted. i found the anime from the clu but no letter from that anime. i gonna give up. just a little bit...T_T
whistle_of_wishApr 15, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 15, 2022 9:11 AM

Nov 2021
I did not understand even a single thing lol
Apr 15, 2022 9:11 AM
Oct 2021
let's go !
Apr 15, 2022 9:12 AM

Aug 2020
This looks interesting. The hunt is on.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Apr 15, 2022 9:15 AM

Aug 2020
Ooh this looks nice, I'll be going for both difficulties.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Apr 15, 2022 9:22 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
I want the badge, but i'll not participate. I didn't understand anything and seems very difficult :/
Apr 15, 2022 9:22 AM

Feb 2021
I can't even figure out where the first egg might be on the easy route. Good thing we have a week to do this.

Now i'm stuck trying to figure out the hint to find the 5th letter. Feels like I hit a wall.
Calabre006Apr 15, 2022 10:27 AM
cryptic
and
Squab
Apr 15, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2020
Putting the thread on watching so that I remember to actually play this
Apr 15, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
happy hunt, guys

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
Apr 15, 2022 9:35 AM
ぎりぎりセーフ

Oct 2015
Wooo! It's back!

Apr 15, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't understand anything, thanks.
Roxy

Apr 15, 2022 9:44 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I love this kind of mystery games but i don't want anything to do with Google...
I wish you made a mystery game or something like that i once played on deviantart

Apr 15, 2022 9:49 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@ryo-san You can play with DuckDuckGo. Google is not required.
Apr 15, 2022 9:49 AM

Sep 2018
I already can't find a hint 😭😭
Apr 15, 2022 9:51 AM

Sep 2016
Pred8r said:
I did not understand even a single thing lol

kyoyatempest said:
I didn't understand anything, thanks.

Did you watch the video?
It was a bit hard to understand at first, but watching the video helped a lot.
Apr 15, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2021
yeah i have no idea, looked at a couple popular shows and did not find anything(was only looking for easy and really that's hard). Idk what to do, wont give up but hope someone understands and gives some hints. good luck everyone!
Apr 15, 2022 9:59 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Still confused
Apr 15, 2022 10:12 AM

Feb 2021
I really want the badge but honestly, this seems really complicated. I don't even know where to start looking or what exactly I need to start looking for. Like I get it that I need to find the letters but how?

Edit: Okay so the video explains it a bit better but it's still pretty hard. Gotta get to work lol
DeonXApr 15, 2022 10:19 AM

Apr 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
Already struggling with the first clue. Either I'm on the right page and am just blind when it comes to finding the chick, or I'm way off lol.

Edit: I'm just blind, nvm.
Apr 15, 2022 10:17 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Kineta said:
@ryo-san You can play with DuckDuckGo. Google is not required.

But it says google form....

Thanks for giving duckduckgo a Shout out @Kineta.. i invested in the company haha

Apr 15, 2022 10:19 AM

Sep 2016
A1D3NN said:
yeah i have no idea
xkazutox said:
Still confused
DeonX said:
this seems really complicated.

Click "show easy hint" above, then try googling for some of the keywords in the hint.
Once you find a show that matches the hint somewhat, check the pictures to see if you can find a letter similar to this one:

If you find one, you've got the first letter and are on the right track!
Apr 15, 2022 10:19 AM

Feb 2010

It was a bit hard to understand at first, but watching the video helped a lot.

🙏😊 awesome

Apr 15, 2022 10:23 AM
Jun 2021
im looking for the third hint rn and i think i got it but none of the keywords are working this is so hard 😭
Apr 15, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 2021
Less gooooooooo!!!
Apr 15, 2022 10:25 AM

Sep 2016
Shishio-kun said:

🙏😊 awesome

Thanks for making it easy, Carl-senpai :)
Apr 15, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Okay, so I think I get it now and I think I've found the anime from the easy hint. So do I also need to look up the side characters? Also, by 'anime' are you also counting the movies, sequels, ova's, specials, etc? Or is it the main, first installment only?

Apr 15, 2022 10:34 AM

Apr 2021
So does the ( 8 / 6 / 4 letters) mean thats how many letters the words in need for the hint has
Apr 15, 2022 10:38 AM

Oct 2020
Bushmeat133 said:
So does the ( 8 / 6 / 4 letters) mean thats how many letters the words in need for the hint has

Yes, it totals 18.

Anyway, I knew which anime it was, but I scoured all the pics of all the anime and manga titles and all characters' pics. I give up lol
Apr 15, 2022 10:45 AM

Mar 2021
OH MY GOD! THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS EASY.
Second hint has to be the hardest right? I got it just by pure coincidence.

Apr 15, 2022 10:51 AM

Jan 2016
Potatoboy11 said:

When you say second hint, do you mean the one to find the second letter? Or after you have found the second letter? Because I've found the second letter but can't find anything about a hint to the third letter.
Apr 15, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
Potatoboy11 said:

I found something unusual in the last ED but I'm not sure how that's supposed to lead me to the next page. This is my first time doing this and I'm already lost.
Apr 15, 2022 10:54 AM

Dec 2020
mandylorian said:
Potatoboy11 said:

When you say second hint, do you mean the one to find the second letter? Or after you have found the second letter? Because I've found the second letter but can't find anything about a hint to the third letter.

I think he was referring to the first letter unless I'm dumb but that's always a possibility
Apr 15, 2022 10:54 AM

May 2011
Potatoboy11 said:

no trust me 2 is already easy...i think 14 is the hardest

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 15, 2022 10:57 AM

May 2011
Jaiimy said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I found something unusual in the last ED but I'm not sure how that's supposed to lead me to the next page. This is my first time doing this and I'm already lost.

if you're talking about hint 2...no its not in the ED

Apr 15, 2022 10:59 AM

Dec 2019
I have no clue on where to look for hint 3.
My Candies:

My Bonus Candies:
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
NextUniverse said:
Never touched this event because it always looked like too much effort, but here comes another badge to my account.

Well, I look forward in participating I guess.

Exactly my feelings.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 2021
mandylorian said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I meant the one to the second letter.
And I already found the clue to the third letter, just trying to find which database entry I should go to next.
The tutorial video in in this post will definitely help you.
Jaiimy said:
Potatoboy11 said:

Pay attention, I said EP not ED.
Apr 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
SangIV said:

That's the one that I am currently struggling with, as well.
Apr 15, 2022 11:00 AM

Dec 2020
Kiev said:
Jaiimy said:

Oh I thought EP and ED were the same thing. I have 2 letters now, so I'm talking about the hint that leads to the page with the third letter.
Apr 15, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
SangIV said:

Make sure to look everywhere! Something musical may be out of place~
Apr 15, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2011
Jaiimy said:
Kiev said:

Oh I thought EP and ED were the same thing. I have 2 letters now, so I'm talking about the hint that leads to the page with the third letter.

if that's the case yes you're on the right track, the ed does look suspicious

Apr 15, 2022 11:04 AM

Nov 2015
basicallykatsuki said:
im looking for the third hint rn and i think i got it but none of the keywords are working this is so hard 😭

Yeah I found the hint and I've been looking for the solution for like 10 minutes now and can't find anything.

Apr 15, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
Blanners said:
basicallykatsuki said:

Yeah I found the hint and I've been looking for the solution for like 10 minutes now and can't find anything.

you're on the right track! maybe consider subtracting the "tree" part of "rainforest" and don't forget about the rest of the hint!
Apr 15, 2022 11:07 AM

May 2011
Blanners said:
basicallykatsuki said:

and you were so close lol..what's a bunch of trees? now try removing that from the hint...

Apr 15, 2022 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
SkootleSkittle said:
Blanners said:

you're on the right track! maybe consider subtracting the "tree" part of "rainforest" and don't forget about the rest of the hint!
Kiev said:
Blanners said:

and you were so close lol..what's a bunch of trees? now try removing that from the hint...

Got it, thanks
Apr 15, 2022 11:11 AM
Feb 2021
Someone just help me with the second hint i found the first anime but can't find the next hint..
What is an EP
ArthagrawalApr 15, 2022 11:15 AM
Pages (68) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

200 by BasilZero »»
11 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

212 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.