Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2010 11:11 AM

Mar 2009
Wow. The preview for the Sabi fight looked gorgeous, but this made up for the lack of it easily. The part at the end where Togame and Shichika are rehashing the fight and congratulating themselves had too much panning, but also had me cracking up.

That some people are calling Nanami a sadist bothers me; her mindset isn't that simple. Sadism is when you take pleasure from watching others in pain. The girl's experienced a great deal of pain and by now has a high threshold for it, so it's more that she isn't bothered by the idea of pain at all. She wasn't excessively cruel, either; she attacked only after others attacked her, and even when she attempted to torture the guy, she admitted her incompetence in that area, then gave up and killed the guy when he resisted once. At all times did Nanami treat her opponents with the courtesy and interest do to the only strangers she's ever encountered, even respectfully burying the comrades together.

And it looks like something weirder than the swords is going on. Argh. As fun as the banter is, seeing this much on Nanami alone makes me desperate to see more development on Togame and Shichika themselves.
Jun 28, 2010 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
lol Nanami powered all. Too strong!

I guess if Togame chose Nanami first for her journey, they collected all swords faster.
Jun 29, 2010 8:33 AM

Jun 2008
NOOOooooooooooooo fucking trolls. Psycho sis made this episode awesome though, but I would have liked to see the battle with Sabi.
Jul 3, 2010 6:52 PM

Aug 2009
Was really looking forward to that Sabi fight, but then Nanami just blew me away :DD

Amazing episode.

Jul 7, 2010 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, Nanami is freaking awesome!
Couldn't help but feel bad about the Maniwani guys.....
Jul 7, 2010 7:52 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, Nanami is freaking awesome!
Can't help but feel bad for the Maniwani guys, though....
Jul 11, 2010 1:04 AM

Jan 2009
I can't help but think that I fell for that trap that was the previous episode's preview for this one. For a second I thought Yasuri's next fight got left on the cutting room floor....

Ugh, I feel so cheated. Regardless, that was a good episode.
Jul 13, 2010 8:07 PM
Jun 2010
What the hell was that episode ? His sister is a monster. She can't die and she can copy techniques. WTF ?!

I wanted to see the Strongest Japonese Swordsman fight though. So far it's my worse episode, I just didn't like it.

I guess if Togame chose Nanami first for her journey, they collected all swords faster.

yeah...

Jul 14, 2010 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
Wtf? Nanami's a monster! A genius monster at that...

Concerning what others are posting, I don't think she is a sadistic bitch nor that she feels hatred towards her brother or father, to me it just seems she is emotionless. Probably the circumstances made her that way.

As for the episode, it was amazing, I felt sorry for the 3 Maniwa ninjas, it was a complete massacre... after we are shown this new light-hearted side of them, at least of the insect squad.

ARGH, I want to see the fight! (they'll probably show it somewhow, in a future episode).
Aug 13, 2010 11:15 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverAug 13, 2010 11:34 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 17, 2010 6:19 AM

Dec 2009
My favourite episode so far. Nanami is freaking awesome. I laughed at the obvious troll towards the end "We're going to describe in detail the epic battle you just missed!"

I was thinking that if they went through with one sword per episode, with Shichika vs Sword Master as the focal point for each episode, then I'd eventually get bored with the series, but now I'm really quite excited. Can't wait to see how unstoppable she'll be once she joins up with the team and sees some more techniques (and it'll be interesting to see more of her backstory and if/when she gets defeated. Lack of physical training = no endurance whatsoever?).
boocahAug 17, 2010 6:34 AM
Aug 19, 2010 9:26 PM

Mar 2007
I feel cheated though the episode was still good thanks to Nanami.
Aug 21, 2010 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
Normally I wouldn't echo over 200 posts which pretty much already said it all, but man, I just feel so violated. It's like, this overwhelming disapointment with missing out on the fight with japans greatest swordfighter. But then at the same time, Nanami was so impressive and awesome and creepy to watch that I guess it made up for it (not enough for me though). But man, i just, aaahhhh. I think i just flat out prefer topless man over weak looking girl (even if she is bad ass)
Aug 27, 2010 3:58 AM

Jan 2010
Best episode. Nanami is so scary..
Aug 29, 2010 10:45 PM

Apr 2010
Holy Crap! Nanami is really scary, she is very sadistic, taking pleasure from hurting others, she kept smiling because she was learning new things to kill with. Best episode i've seen of Katanagatari so far, it truly creeped me out.

I have to say again, Nanami is one scary woman. Shichiki is no match against her, damn.

*goosebumps*
Sep 1, 2010 1:06 AM
Jul 2009
Nanami IS scary.
Sep 22, 2010 1:32 PM

Nov 2008
I love Nanami but I despise that trolling they made with Sabi's fight, so I'm in a hate or not hate dilemma here.
Oct 11, 2010 4:51 AM

May 2009
GOSH! Nanami totally creeped me out! >.<
But yeah, she has a strong character. Her wanting to discipline Shichika is for being lazy.. I feel scared for him!
The insect trio was actually cute. The contrast and irony was good that the protagonist is evil rather than the antagonists. I was actually hoping that the Maniwani would be able to capture her!

I hope they show a good chunk of the epic Hakutou Hari battle as a flashback in the coming episodes. :/ Really, they make you squirm in your seats for having missed it!

Amazing series. =D
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 12, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
This really is a revolutionary episode in the history of anime...

How can an episode show so much badassery and infuriate the viewers at the same time.

We got a great story from Nanami, but were trolled from the main story.....EPIC, trully EPIC!!!

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!
Oct 19, 2010 8:19 PM

Mar 2010
I am confused. Where's the fighting scene between Shichikawa and Sabi??? Is it not a part of the episode? Or am I simply missing something? >.<
Oct 22, 2010 10:39 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:
This really is a revolutionary episode in the history of anime...

How can an episode show so much badassery and infuriate the viewers at the same time.

We got a great story from Nanami, but were trolled from the main story.....EPIC, trully EPIC!!!

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!

this. BRILLIANT.
Nov 17, 2010 8:29 PM
Jan 2008
god, Nanami is a cold hearted bitch... she really pisses me off....
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Dec 26, 2010 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Cute and frail girl turned out to be a creepy sadistic bitch. The most cliched thing ever. I'm ok with not showing the fight from preview though, as i don't care about Togame and Shichika either, they are both annoying. Hopefully there will be more character development, so far this show is a huge disappointment.
Dec 29, 2010 11:21 AM

Nov 2010
Nanami is awesome.
Dec 30, 2010 8:28 AM

Feb 2009
Wonderful episode, the best so far of the series. And Nanami being that way, yeah..caught me by surprise and I kinda felt sorry for the three guys. They just happened to decide to kidnap the wrong person...Anyway I thought she was cool.
Dec 31, 2010 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
AHahaha what a cop out!

Awesome ep though. The sister raped the shit out of those insects!

Jan 3, 2011 6:47 PM

Jul 2009
LOL like alex said, we got trolled but it was no ordinary trolling, it was epic trolling. I feel so trolled out.
Jan 8, 2011 5:06 PM
Dec 2008
Is this their idea of April Fools' Day on that time?? LOL :D
Jan 9, 2011 5:15 PM

Nov 2008
Now I kind of get why Nanami didn't go on the sword hunt, she would probably win faster than Togame and Shichika. Seriously Nanami was scary, but I still like the main characters, and so I missed them.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jan 20, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, epic 5/5 on this episode. I love how I got trolled so hard.

All that aside, I kinda hate Nanami. Not cause shes a cold-hearted bitch, but cause she's one of those people that doesn't put any effort into anything and ends up on top.
Jan 31, 2011 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
What's up with all the spoilers..
I thought this was for people who watched the episode?

Anyway, so much trollll..
Episode 3 preview of episode 4 shows amazing, just amazing battle sequences, that seems like it'll last more than 10 seconds.

Nanami - my now #1 character.
Cold hearted because of almost no human contact for 20 years...

EVERYTHING, just everything in life has to do with luck.
Who you get born to(decides what skills you will use in life, a farmer won't use swords), what skills you naturally adapt, how lucky you are in life, etc..
Feb 1, 2011 5:57 AM

Apr 2010
I bet they are going to put the fight scene in the specials which are only available in DVDs......
Feb 6, 2011 11:06 PM
Nov 2010
Nanami's fight scenes were brilliant! Also of course she's going to be what seems cold hearted to us, considering she has had no human contact in twenty years, meaning she doesn't hold the same morals that we do.
Feb 11, 2011 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
I really hate that sister, she's creepy as hell and is really paranoia o.o" Poor Mitsubachi, I really hoped he would kill her :( Too bad this will be his only episode :(
Feb 15, 2011 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
I like. Best of the 4 I've seen so far.
Feb 20, 2011 2:27 PM

Aug 2010
Am I the only one who hates Nanami to death and cheered for the Ninja dudes in this ep? I mean really, learn any move by just seeing it for the first time? Pff, fuck me in the ass and call me sally. Someone shoot this bitch before she turns into Goku.
Mar 7, 2011 5:24 PM

May 2010
I'm looking for the soundtrack at the end of the episode, playing when Shichika and Togame are talking about the fight vs Sabi Hakuhei. sigh.

Nvm; found it: "lay back"
AohhMar 8, 2011 5:50 AM
Apr 8, 2011 2:12 AM

Sep 2010
Man, I was so looking forward to the battle from the preview too :(
Oh well, I really liked this episode :D
Jun 19, 2011 11:14 PM

Sep 2010
Fucking trolled hard. Seriously? The fight scene was in the preview, so what the hell happened? Just felt like trolling? Saving it for later? (Doubt it)
They gave those Maniwani too much depth; I'm sad that they died. :(
That said, I don't really like Nanami anymore. She's a scary monster.
Jul 4, 2011 4:17 AM

Nov 2010
This episode is the best one of all the episodes. In spite of the simple posterized character design and a small amount of action, they succeeded in making a suspenseful show with the dialogues between Nanami and three assassins and the appropriate usage of the BGM. You won't forget her upbringing story and the curl of her slit mouth.

Well, this episode reminded me of a live-action film called "Azumi (starring Aya Ueto)". If you like cool action, gore and the cruelty of this episode, give it a try.
kuroneko99Aug 28, 2011 1:19 AM
Jul 17, 2011 8:32 AM

Jun 2010
They tried much too hard to make the ninjas likable and sympathetic ("I'm getting married after this mission"? Really?) and Nanami is apparently completely invincible. That is very boring. The whole "apparently frail girl is actually very dangerous" thing was spent after the first encounter, but it just keeps flogging it out.

This is what it does in 50 minutes?
Jul 29, 2011 3:49 PM

Sep 2009
Fronzel said:
The whole "apparently frail girl is actually very dangerous" thing was spent after the first encounter, but it just keeps flogging it out

Well her stamina wasn't revealed until the last fight, and this isn't generic shounen where good guys seem to loose and then do the instant recovery at end. Badassery is much more fun to watch in it self than some rousing speech by a whimp.

Gotta say that last part made me grin hard. Never before have I seen same level of trolling in any entertainment, ever. It was awesome.
Aug 28, 2011 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was a troll spree! i mean it wasn't even about the main characters...then the "frail" sister ends up being a superpowerful/badass/sadistic beast, give us the life story of the villains that are about to get killed and finally the whole fight for the sword was just described by the main characters...

Still it was an amazing episode! best so far
Aug 31, 2011 2:21 AM
Jun 2010
I've neither liked nor disliked this show up to this point, but after being trolled this episode I feel like I'm wasting my time. The beautiful art does not make up for such obnoxious writing.
Sep 3, 2011 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was so good except for the fact they decide to not show us an entire fight. wtf is up with that? never expected his sister to be such a badass.
Sep 8, 2011 4:16 AM

May 2008
I've been sick for a few days now so all I've been doing is watching anime. When I ran out of stuff from this season I started watching this. In the previews from episode 3, I saw a shark cut in half, the ocean split ocean with them fighting in that and running on flying debris while fighting. There was too many scenes of the guy they were "supposed" to show us in the episodes before. He was the only enemy in all the episodes and all this buildup for nothing. I swear I'm going to drop this. What looked like the best episode yet turned into a filler episode. Them talking about how "awesome" their battle was is enough for me to stop watching this and watch something else for the rest of the day.
Sep 22, 2011 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
That was..scary. Nanami is one insane monster, poor Ninja's.
FUUU troll preview. D:<
Sep 26, 2011 8:12 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
OMG.... that was so unexpected .... i thought that naname is weak girl who wants brothers protection.. but she is much stronger and show less mercy than main char D: so unexpected
DesolatePsycheSep 26, 2011 8:35 AM
Oct 1, 2011 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
Navarr said:
Netforce said:
i feel that i was trolled

Almost reminds you of Endless Eight, doesn't it?

i know right!? Nanami's secret of pure evilness was awesome but seriously, how could they just skip what for what i saw on the preview in ep 3 could have been the most epic action filled battle in the series!?!? >:O i am so mad bro!
Oct 12, 2011 12:03 PM
Oct 2011
E a grande batalha, cadê? =S
Putz, queria ver a batalha... =X
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bautrey37 - May 23, 2010

163 by Aldones »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.