Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2022 1:23 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for Week 1 actions is quickly approaching!

Ace/Swap Here

Points counted this week:
- Members Watching

Points counted in Week 2:
- Members Watching (0.5x)
- Episode Discussions

Points counted in Week 3:
- Members Watching
- Score
KinetaOct 8, 2022 10:03 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 8, 2022 1:23 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Week 1 Anime Points

Points Breakdown per Anime:

Total Weekly Points Rankings:
KinetaApr 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Apr 8, 2022 1:34 PM
꧁ marr

Sep 2014
I just have a question as this is the first time participating. I read the rules but I still don't really understand how it works.

Especially swapping.

Like right now everyone has 5 anime active, and 3 inactive(bench), if you swap anime 3 from active with anime 7 from bench right now, what happens at the end of week 1?
1) do you get all the points in week 1 from anime 3, and the swap is only effective for the next week (small rectification: I mean, starting from the next week, after point distribution, English is not my first language but I'm trying lmao)
2) do you get all the points in week 1 from anime 7, and the swap is effective immediately, and retro-actively (is that the correct word, I don't know)
3) do you get the points in week 1 from anime 3 up until swap, and from anime 7 after swap. The swap being effective immediately, but not retro-actively.
lifeiscrazyApr 8, 2022 1:41 PM

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
♫♫♫

Apr 8, 2022 1:39 PM

Jan 2018
lifeiscrazy said:
I just have a question as this is the first time participating. I read the rules but I still don't really understand how it works.

Especially swapping.

Like right now everyone has 5 anime active, and 3 inactive(bench), if you swap anime 3 from active with anime 7 from bench right now, what happens at the end of week 1?
1) do you get all the points in week 1 from anime 3, and the swap is only effective for the next week
2) do you get all the points in week 1 from anime 7, and the swap is effective immediately, and retro-actively (is that the correct word, I don't know)
3) do you get the points in week 1 from anime 3 up until swap, and from anime 7 after swap. The swap being effective immediately, but not retro-actively.
Great questions as this is my first time taking part in the FAL as well. Will be watching for a response.
Apr 8, 2022 2:01 PM

Jul 2021
Thanks for the reminder, i´m very exited for the results of week one!

I have a question regarding the choice of Ace:

Do we have time until sunday 22:00 GMT to choose our Ace for week 1? Or until when does it have to be logged in?
Apr 8, 2022 2:22 PM

Sep 2017
lifeiscrazy said:
I'm pretty sure it's this one.
Only titles that are on the active team at the end of the week will score points.
@Light_Yagami666

umeabased said:
Do we have time until sunday 22:00 GMT to choose our Ace for week 1? Or until when does it have to be logged in?
At the latest at 21:59 GMT (on Sunday).
Apr 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Jul 2021
Charenji said:
At the latest at 21:59 GMT (on Sunday).

thank you!
Apr 8, 2022 3:31 PM
Mar 2021
Light_Yagami666 said:
lifeiscrazy said:

Especially swapping.

1) do you get all the points in week 1 from anime 3, and the swap is only effective for the next week
Great questions as this is my first time taking part in the FAL as well. Will be watching for a response.

you get all points from anime 7. a swap is instantly applied for that week, so option 2. i played last season and that was how it was
Apr 8, 2022 4:32 PM

Jan 2018
SM_Anime said:
Light_Yagami666 said:

you get all points from anime 7. a swap is instantly applied for that week, so option 2. i played last season and that was how it was
Thanks for answering. :)
Apr 9, 2022 3:57 AM

Sep 2016
We can only "Ace" a show once, but can you change your Ace multiple times in the same week?
If I pick a show today as my ace, can I change it tomorrow before the timer runs out?
Apr 9, 2022 5:39 AM

Aug 2021
Zacko said:
We can only "Ace" a show once, but can you change your Ace multiple times in the same week?
If I pick a show today as my ace, can I change it tomorrow before the timer runs out?
yes, you can. Just cancel your current ace then pick a new one
Apr 9, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2021
I don't know if I'm stupid but there's something I don't understand. It's said if you guess the ace correctly, 20000 points will be given. Will these points be added to the anime or to your points? There are 2 points right? (One is the anime and other for the users) or am I completely wrong?

Example: anime "A" has 10000 users watching and 5000 points. Are these 5000 points your points?
Apr 9, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2016
I also have a question regarding the Ace: once you choose an Ace does it
- stay an Ace (multiple weeks) until it either has too many watchers or you choose a different one or
- it is only an ace for that one week you chose it, and then next week you have to choose a different ace (or no ace at all)?
Apr 9, 2022 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
SadKA03 said:
I don't know if I'm stupid but there's something I don't understand. It's said if you guess the ace correctly, 20000 points will be given. Will these points be added to the anime or to your points? There are 2 points right? (One is the anime and other for the users) or am I completely wrong?

Example: anime "A" has 10000 users watching and 5000 points. Are these 5000 points your points?

5000 points are the points you will earn this week. If you aced correctly you will get 20,000 points so the total would be 25,000. You can check "Points Criteria" for better understanding of how points are counted (rules).

Luna6 said:
I also have a question regarding the Ace: once you choose an Ace does it
- stay an Ace (multiple weeks) until it either has too many watchers or you choose a different one or
- it is only an ace for that one week you chose it, and then next week you have to choose a different ace (or no ace at all)?

You only gain points one time for each anime. In example, you ace an anime and gain/lose points. The following weeks, you can no longer ace that anime and must wait for another anime to gain the most points that week (or for the anime to surpass 85k watching).
Apr 10, 2022 3:26 AM

Jul 2021
Samii said:

5000 points are the points you will earn this week. If you aced correctly you will get 20,000 points so the total would be 25,000. You can check "Points Criteria" for better understanding of how points are counted (rules).

Ohh, I see. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I get it now. There's technically no "anime" points. The points shown below each anime are points that'll be given to you at the end of the week if you have them in your active team.
Apr 10, 2022 6:55 PM

Apr 2016
How many users are participating this season?
Apr 11, 2022 3:04 AM
Jan 2016
Thank you for explaining :D
Apr 11, 2022 11:46 PM
Mar 2020
I've done goofed putting an anime that wasn't airing into active oof
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

39 by goldenotaqu »»
Apr 23, 4:47 PM

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.