Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love After World Domination
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2022 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this first episode was both cute and funny especially with Desumi in that mask and her costume. There were some fan service and a butt cam shot but that also happens in the manga.

Good to also see some of the other characters too but it's mostly focused on Desumi and Fudou for now. Hope they can maintain this animation quality for future episodes too.

Jul 2017
This is Boarding School Juliet, only in a typical Super Sentai / Power Rangers fashion. And since this is Project No. 9, I'd thought of this as yet another Super HxEros like production.

Masayoshi Ooishi ft. Yukari Tamura's OP is surprisingly good! It has that Cowboy Bebop feel, made modern. DIALOGUE+ continues to get better with their song repertoire, and it shows in the ED.

The Super Sentai group Freezing Sentai Gelato 5 with the Red Gelato hero Fudo Aikawa and the villain group Gecko Organization with the Reaper Princess Desumi Magahara (whom looks more like a rip-off of Sono Bisque Doll's Marin Kitagawa), obviously the "Love After World Domination" relationship aspect is in full play here. And being hot on the heels of Sono Bisque Doll, this is truly the Kaguya-sama direct reference of "Love is War".

A good introduction all things considered. The forbidden rom-com between a hero of justice and a minion of evil, this will be fun to watch.
KANLen09Apr 8, 2022 7:22 AM

Jul 2021
The OP collaboration is one of the most unexpected things I’ve ever seen lol but ara ara everyone looks so fine, I love the shot capturing for each of the Gelatos here, probably going to be the best OP visual of the season for me and ED is pretty romantic. What I like about this series is that every time Desumi and Red Gelato ‘started’ dating, they’re trying to keep the other Gelatos and the “Minions of Evil” to not interfering with their moment and if they were about to do so, both of them would just go fighting like crazy here, even if it seems formulaic, the overall wholesomeness is just consistent.

Anyways to where the story of “How I confessed my first girlfriend” went straight off blunt, I like Red Gelato’s charm and he even does some workouts to improve his body and impress the girl who he truly loves, he is a man of culture indeed.

Heck, the hero of justice vs a minion of evil system going on is definitely a lot of fun, wonder when will they be open with their relationship and really would look forward to how they’ll expand their world more :o
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 8, 2022 7:11 AM

Nov 2016
There's nothing quite as romantic as passionately holding hands for the first time, lol. Gym enjoyer MC and sentai/Power Rangers-esque set up, a twist on rom-com I surely know to appreciate.

Nice enough of an adaptation so far. After reading chapter 1 again, they did the thickness more than justice.
FMmatronApr 8, 2022 8:28 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2022 7:37 AM
Jan 2022
This anime was too wholesome lol
Project 9 nailed it again

The Animation was really good and the choreography of the fight scene

Opening was also good i already expect this type of Adaptation considering Project 9 is good when it comes to whole romance.

This is why wholesome romcom is better than Harem with kazuya like personality.
Apr 8, 2022 7:47 AM

Jan 2017
Wahahah this romcom set in a super sentai setting definitely piqued my interest and both Fudou and Desumi's introdcution so far are so cute and hilarious

I do love my icecream Power Rangers, what say you?
Apr 8, 2022 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san with romantic elements.
Desumi and Fudou were cute and lovely when they're together. I really love when both of them pretend that they're fighting in front of their teammates.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 8, 2022 7:55 AM
Aug 2018
There's quite a lot of anime original material, which probably will fill the whole course, but is still fun as the manga.
Apr 8, 2022 7:57 AM

Feb 2019
Fantasy world Power Rangers.

For me, the art of somewhat off-putting but I can't quite describe why, at least for the two lead characters. Everything else I am liking though. Poor Red at the end.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 8, 2022 8:11 AM

Sep 2021
this was a interesting start to this romcom, it was really funny, it actually feels as power rangers combine with romeo and juliet, so is funny, the OP was good but for me the ED is better.
This series have potential to be a great romcom but i will still keep my expectacions low
Apr 8, 2022 8:13 AM
Jun 2021
Romeo and Juliet, Power Rangers edition?

You son of a bitch, I'm in!
Apr 8, 2022 8:17 AM
Sep 2015
I usually don't watch heterosexual anime like this but I always surrender to the power of men in spandex. I'm wondering if the producer (not just in sentai genre, but western superhero) know that there's spandex fetishism among the audience, in fact Japan already has its own word "Zentai".

Now let's talk about this anime, it could exist in the same universe as Monster Development Department from previous season where hero and villain have well-established system like an office work. I love to pay attention to minor things and found that the office hour of the hero side is a normal 9 to 5 (9:00-17:00). But of course Fudo is a kind of guy who's come to office earlier and check out late, you can see that he's workout at 8:40 and check out at 17:20 but leave the office at 18:05. so I'm gonna guess it's 8 AM to 6 PM for him.

The drawing style is very lovely, I almost swear it's the same studio that make "My Senpai Is Annoying" because Fudo look very similar to Takeda, but I check that it's completely different studio. I wish they could draw a hero's bulge a little bit more prominent but it'd be too echi (wait, isn't the manga already in echi genre?).
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM

Dec 2016
This is what Boarding School Juliet should've been with a more assertive male protag, actual funny skits and great action sakuga scenes.
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM

Apr 2018
I must say, the opening visuals are seriously on a different level. An amusing and great first episode, the fights were great, the comedy was there and a little bit of romance here and there. The maincharacter, who looks like Tadano is a master of the GYM. The ED is also amazing. Well, never thought I'd find this good but guess that I was wrong.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 8, 2022 8:25 AM

Oct 2017
Really liked the premiere. Interactions between Desumi and Fudo were sweet and amusing. The confession part was really fun and I'm glad they already became a couple. Desumi looked beautiful throughout the episode. Also the morph sequence was pretty cool.

So far they have done a good job adapting it, hopefully the rest will be done well too. Excited to see upcoming events animated.
Apr 8, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2021
phantomfandom said:

The drawing style is very lovely, I almost swear it's the same studio that make "My Senpai Is Annoying" because Fudo look very similar to Takeda, but I check that it's completely different studio. I wish they could draw a hero's bulge a little bit more prominent but it'd be too echi (wait, isn't the manga already in echi genre?).

Yeah the manga has some fanservice ish but that's not big of a deal tbh
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 8, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
Potential sleeper of the season for me and an anime I actually like for once. It's a manga I actually like and the anime did a solid job with it. Should be a nice, light rom-com that's going to be far overshadowed by Kaguya-sama's presence since it airs on the same day. Cute episode, likable characters in an interesting and wacky setting to go alongside the conflicted secret relationship. Cheesy but in a charming way. Desumi and Fudo's got good chemistry too here.
Apr 8, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
Secret dating, fake yet real relationship, brain-dead characters what's not to love? it's kinda my comfort food at this moment in time after consuming quite amount of K-Drama. I hope it maintained to be entertaining throughout the series.
Apr 8, 2022 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
romeo and juliet x icecream powerrangers...

thats my impression of the first episode and ill have to say, i liked it^^
good mix of comedy, some cute and fluffy moments, dont know much about the sidecast bit seems more or less generic (allready know that blond guy in the blue suit gonna anoy me) and better action / animation than i expected

lets see if the next few episodes are like the first one promised, maybe it become a "hidden-gem" overshadowed by kaguya sama and some of the other very good rom-coms out there recently (like bisque doll)
Apr 8, 2022 9:27 AM

Mar 2010
What cute dummies!! Excited to see more. I didn't think I would enjoy another shounen romance ahahaha.
Apr 8, 2022 9:33 AM
Jan 2017
This show is so perverted, handholding the first episode smh.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 8, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
This was such a cute and wholesome premise. This is gonna be a fun watch.
Apr 8, 2022 9:37 AM
Nov 2021
Pretty good first impression for this anime
It was funny and cute
The op hit really well and the animation is pretty good ngl
Even if it's literally Power Ranger the anime lol

Definitely gonna give it a chance
NekoToChiruApr 8, 2022 9:43 AM
Apr 8, 2022 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
Holding hands, that is such a big step in their relationship.
Apr 8, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
I was actually breezing through the manga well before the premiere up to the latest translated chapter and frankly did enjoy it to a certain degree, but the anime feels very....off. There's something about the adaptation's audiovisual presentation that feels very clumsy, which isn't that surprising considering Project No. 9 is the one in charge of this. The humor doesn't click well for me and some of the spoken lines feel too forcefully implemented. Very subpar imho from just an anime perspective.
Apr 8, 2022 9:56 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm a sucker for Super Sentai/ Power Ranger stuff so this is the kind of romcom I can get into. This series really leans into the forbidden romance between one of the Super Sentai guys and the sexy female henchman of the evil organization. Neither Futdo or Desumi have any dating experience, but are determine to make it work by keeping their relationship a secret. However, keeping their relationship a secret is hard to do when they are unmasked and out in the open. It was literally love at first sight for Red Gelato when he met the Reaper Princess who is super hot. The art style is really nice and the action scenes were really good in true Super Sentai style.
Apr 8, 2022 10:02 AM
May 2021
holy shit! The animation was so damn good 🔥🔥 and loved the character designs. The plot is also interesting and seems fun 😂😂. Will continue this to the end 🔥🔥
Apr 8, 2022 10:18 AM

Oct 2015
When the narrator spoke, I knew it was MADAO lol
Apr 8, 2022 10:45 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, that's one slutty villain outfit. Didn't know this show would have fanservice. This will be a good replacement for Kuroitsu-san from last season!
Apr 8, 2022 11:02 AM
Dec 2021
Species diversity depends on species richness and species evenness.
Apr 8, 2022 11:28 AM
Nov 2017
This was a good episode. They're so cute together. The OP and ED are both good as well. I'm excited to see more!
Apr 8, 2022 11:31 AM

Jun 2020
the art is bland, but the male & female lead are both pretty hot ♡_______♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 8, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2007
A familiar hentai story now in full worksafe series form. Nice. :D
Apr 8, 2022 11:47 AM

May 2021
Great first episode! Desumi and Fudou having to pretend they are fighting each other when someone sees them is funny xD. Hope things work out for them and this first episode was awesome!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 8, 2022 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
I knew I was going to like the show after seeing the trailer but I didn't expect I would enjoy it so much, it is nice to have couple that is already dating instead of the usual will they / won't they and their relationship is just too pure, the animation was great and there is a ton of hot shots and angles for which ever body type you enjoy lol, after watching Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu I was expecting a love subplot between Kuroitsu and Blader and well, there it is, got it on the following show. The world deserves more Sentai based parody anime more often.
Apr 8, 2022 12:07 PM

Jan 2021
There like power rangers but with weird names and the forbidden love part was funny power ranger red is gonna be bruised up by the end of the season the amount of times Desumi’s going to hit him for the sake of not being discovered
Apr 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
This is interesting xd, I was curious about this anime and I quite liked the first chapter.
Let's see how their relationship progresses. And yes, Desumi is beautiful <3
Apr 8, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2019
I expected better from this, though expecting anything from anime these days is a fool's errand. I was really hoping that it would play up the sentai parody angle more, especially after Kenshin Blader last season failed in that regard, but it's playing it extremely straight; just doing/being a completely generic Power Rangers show, or more specifically, a filler episode from one, where the 'joke' that is run into the ground until it's a bloody smear on the pavement being that they're ice cream themed. You guys have watched sentai, right? That's not that unusual. Same with the romance stuff. Yes, we can pretend people screaming about holding hands is 'cute' and 'funny,' but that is literally what goddamned every one of these does, and no, doing it in silly costumes does not make it sufficiently different. Have you seen the fashion in anime?

Not the whole thing, like he knows all about her because he stalked her on Facebook, and it lets all the jokes pass with a corny sound effect, scream, and gong to signal that a joke has been made and this is the place to laugh, so it's better than most comedies these days in that it's not tremendously obnoxious about it, but the whole middle drags and it would probably have been better served to hide the romantic 'reveal' even though the title spoils it if you were going to do a whole bit playing it straight. The music, like all of this season, is also a bit weird, though with how horrible everything else has been, they at least got the balancing better here and it doesn't overwhelm every scene. They also put more effort into the faux fighting than I think any of the actual action shows that have aired so far, which is almost comedic in its own way.
Apr 8, 2022 1:35 PM

May 2021
Seems fine. Hope they keep this up throughout the season.

Apr 8, 2022 1:35 PM
May 2021
Have you ever imagined Power rangers as a romance show?, well you have it now. The show is basically a forbidden love story between the hero and the villainess.
This first episode seemed fun, looking forward to more eps.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Apr 8, 2022 2:11 PM

Feb 2012
Cannot unhear Vladilena Milizé whenever Reaper Princess speaks

Masayoshi Ōishi doing another song for a toku-inspired anime (first being SSSS.DYNAZENON). Did not expect that rap part.

Guess this will fill the Tokusatsu-parody niche now Kuroitsu-san S1 has finished.

Note: Reaper princess isn't the secret society's boss, but their top fighter.

Woah, dating already, and the flashback to 1 week in the past was just the rest of the episode. Wish there could've been more build-up, but for Fudo it's love-at-first-sight. He went all-out browsing through her social media as "Proteinman" lol.

So the rest of the series will be them (badly) pretending to hate each other when in front of their comrades, this could be interesting.

Gelato-themed Sentai. Blue ranger is the wannabe playboy but it's red, a total musclehead, who's got a girlfriend first (step aside bishounens lmao). argh why aren't the pink ranger's civilian clothes pink?
Fortress_MaximusApr 8, 2022 2:16 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 8, 2022 2:40 PM
Oct 2015
I seem to have a good eye when it refers to not so popular shows. This whole concept already really promised.
Project9 has pleasently surprised me with the execution and I hope they can keep this production level.
Apr 8, 2022 2:52 PM
Mar 2020
finally not a high school romance, or some isekai romance. its a really fresh idea. Hoping this will get more attention because its the art is amazing
Apr 8, 2022 3:07 PM

Feb 2020
I went in thinking the plot would be trash but well what do you know it's actually pretty good. I really enjoyed their connection and developing relationship, although the power ranger rip-off is a little corny, I can def overlook it as their story unfolds. Overall I can't wait for future episodes and see what's next, very satisfied.

Apr 8, 2022 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
The Toku aspect of the show was offensively bad tbh but I see more potential romance aspect of the show. Overall nice episode

P.S. The Kamen Rider W narrator is narrating for this anime... it kills me.

Apr 8, 2022 3:32 PM

Jul 2016
Yo! Desumi is thicc af. Camera angles sure did her figure justice. Now I look forward to seeing Yellow Gelato receiving a similar treatment as well... hopefully.

Great start overall. Execution of the premise ended up being way more ridiculous than I initially anticipated but I'm absolutely loving it so far. Desumi and Fudou are dorks with cute chemistry and I can't wait to see how they will manage to keep their relationship a secret.
Apr 8, 2022 3:40 PM

Sep 2018
That was funny and cute, and a little saucy too (what's not to love)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 8, 2022 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
Didn't expect power rangers to come back jk. Gelato 5, the group fighting against evil. I thought they were some commercial mascots promoting some product XD. Anyways, this is kind of cute so I'd give this a chance.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 8, 2022 5:06 PM

May 2015
Ah finally its here. This is the series I've been looking forward to most this season since I saw it get announced.

I absolutely love the concept of this series and the romance is adorable. Seeing them act like enemies when the others are looking is funny.

Can't wait to watch more.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 8, 2022 5:06 PM
Jul 2021
Awesome episode, liked it waaaay more than I thought, funny to hear Subaru like this. I was hoping to see Not Just a Cutie but apparently they closed temp due to covid so that will prob be delayed a bunch, glad I have this and Komi to fill in.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2022

90 by FabrehG »»
Apr 16, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

96 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 6, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

61 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 6, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

61 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 6, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2022

54 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 6, 10:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.