Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2022 12:37 PM

Apr 2021
Who you are? How old are you and why are you interested in Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu.
Maybe you just like me are interested in the isekai genre itself

I am 29 years old

Why are you watching this show?
Thanks
I love Anime)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2022 1:52 PM
Jun 2020
hi

im 28 male and i love isekai its one of my most favorit genre but sadly i hate most isekai series because they are just bad

but this isekai is a gem among all isekai since its so different than your typical 0815 shit and she mc is just great especially his smug face
Apr 6, 2022 2:03 PM

Mar 2017
I'm also 29, and gave this show a chance because I'm a fan of visual novel games and this sounded interesting.

It also kind of reminded me of the synopsis for 'My next life as a villainess' which I really liked.
Apr 6, 2022 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
Like you guys, Isekai is one of my favorite genres, and with that, also comes otome games, 1/3 of my current read manga is either otome games or isekai, or a combo of the two, and this one for me stands out above the rest as my favorite otome game story of all time. It's so wacky, weird, and fun with some great action scenes, and you can't help but root for the MC and everything he has to deal with it. I've re-read the manga several times everytime a new chapter comes out, I can't get enough, it's great.
Apr 6, 2022 3:25 PM

Oct 2021
Male, 25 and not a fan of isekai, simply pick this series because it's OI but for males.

Already read the manga & LN, so here I am hoping the anime will do good.
Apr 6, 2022 7:08 PM

Dec 2021
22 yo, just simple hear it long time, think it gonna be my life as villainess copy but turn out more better because Mc is not "Male lead in otome game" and he try to avoid doom being single forever or get marry with ugly bas..rd, also quiet funny to see people fight with power suit somehow school teach u to use magic (totally relate in real life actually, if u know reference)
Apr 6, 2022 8:11 PM
Jan 2017
20, my favorite genre is Isekai, but the most reson why i watched this because i watched another otome game anime about Katarina if you know that one i really liked it so hopefully this one will be good as well
Apr 6, 2022 10:14 PM

May 2009
Female, I like to see the roles reversed for once. Female powered society, males married off young. Genre flipping is always refreshing. Tired of Isekai but this Mc is sarcastic enough for me to entertain.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Apr 7, 2022 5:17 AM
Oct 2017
cosmorobodog said:
Who you are? How old are you and why are you interested in Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu.
Maybe you just like me are interested in the isekai genre itself

I am 29 years old

Why are you watching this show?
Thanks

I'm 23 years old. At first, when I was pick up the novel to read I thought this is just a girl who reincarnated into otome game... like Hamefura... during that time I hooked with Livia's design so I straight up reading the book without reading the synopsis first. But after reading it, mc personality capture my interest + those mechs... since mecha is my favorite genre, seeing mechs thing appear inside here make me hooked with the book even more

Aside from the plot, you can say... Leon's personality, Monda's character design and those mechs are mostly the reason
Apr 7, 2022 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
32 yo. I liked the first episode but now that I know its another harem (shitty) show I am dropping. I personally like isekai with a bit of (real) romance, but polygamy is not romance for me.

A shame that most isekai lately are like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2022 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
I am 26 years old.
My preference is actually kinda random, i adore and like a lot anime with great/masterpiece story-telling, i also like watching anime purely because its smooth animation..
But i also like watching generic stuff as well like isekai, harem, ecchi, or stupid roncom anime, they become a guilty pleasure for me, heck sometimes i found myself enjoying that kind of anime more than other heavy anime or any popular anime lol.
That's why i am interested with this anime and enjoyed the first episode already because well it's in same kind of stuff.
Apr 8, 2022 2:30 AM
Apr 2022
24 y/o, I'm a fan of VN in general, a lot of the isekai can be predicted but this (at least for the first episode) I cannot predict the story so it's entertaining for me. The MC is also combat-capable extra points for that one.
Apr 8, 2022 6:06 AM
Nov 2016
periodboy said:
24 y/o, I'm a fan of VN in general, a lot of the isekai can be predicted but this (at least for the first episode) I cannot predict the story so it's entertaining for me. The MC is also combat-capable extra points for that one.

25 year's old,me2 bro I am basically a fan of isekai remody and this light novel is everything and story is very different(in good way) and hard to predict and this novel has everything romance comedy ,mecha ,harem, reverse harmen,school,Yuri(angelica & olivia), reincarnation and isekai overpowered mc everything any person want in light novel is too good to be true I love mobseka light novel and it's a masterpiece even without his anime adoption which is so bad
Apr 8, 2022 10:32 AM
Mar 2016
33 years old, male
already read Web Novel and collect Light Novel and Manga
the romance here is actually make sense
on the other aspect, the MC and the spaceship AI carried entire show and their action is based
Apr 8, 2022 11:03 PM
Mar 2019
I'm 18 and I have time to kill when I have the time. Watching trash isekai is how I like to spend my time instead of being productive with my life. This isekai is different enough for me to watch.
Apr 9, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
29 year old, male, already read the manga vers and i liked this story so im hoping the adapation is done good.
Apr 9, 2022 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
38 year old male.
Usually prefer comedy, slice of life, isekai, action, some mecha and my guilty pleasure genres are romantic comedy and love stories no matter if focused on male or female audiences.
Not necessarily a fan of harems or ecchi, but it also doesn't bother me if a show has them if it's good, i can watch high school dxd and bakarina back to back without breaking a sweat.
I love this story specifically because unlike most harem anime, this one actually has some logical reasons for it (read the manga up to it's current point and some of the novel), as well as the main character being so awesome.
Apr 10, 2022 1:17 AM

Apr 2020
Hey, I'm 21 years old. Holy crap, we're some old ass people. Just randomly picked this up 'cause the concept seemed interesting. And so far, it's actually not half bad.
Apr 10, 2022 3:56 AM

Apr 2021
Personally, I choose such shows based on the appearance of the main character (male) or based on the appearance of the heroines.
I love Anime)
Apr 10, 2022 7:24 AM
Apr 2018
Seiya0890 said:
32 yo. I liked the first episode but now that I know its another harem (shitty) show I am dropping. I personally like isekai with a bit of (real) romance, but polygamy is not romance for me.

I read the manga and i can confirm it was not another shitty isekai. If you think I'm bias, i actually hate isekais in general. The mc is not even getting any harem (yet) in the manga and the focus of the story is not even on the harem part.

Ashame that you dropped this rather good anime and though it was one of the shit isekai out there. In fact this might be a better isekai this season lol.
Apr 10, 2022 7:25 AM

Jun 2011
RMTWASHERE said:
Seiya0890 said:

I read the manga and i can confirm it was not another shitty isekai. If you think I'm bias, i actually hate isekais in general. The mc is not even getting any harem (yet) in the manga and the focus of the story is not even on the harem part.

Ashame that you dropped this rather good anime and though it was one of the shit isekai out there. In fact this might be a better isekai this season lol.

Thanks for your feedback, I guess I can just wait it ends to know the answer :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2022 7:33 AM
Apr 2018
YayForKittens said:
I'm also 29, and gave this show a chance because I'm a fan of visual novel games and this sounded interesting.

It also kind of reminded me of the synopsis for 'My next life as a villainess' which I really liked.

I'm 21 and I usually hate isekais in general. I only watch the anime despite being a mediocre adaptation cause I read the manga.

I stumble upon this series because it can be found on the recommended page for both The Eminence in Shadow and Hamefura.
Apr 10, 2022 8:23 AM
Aug 2013
I watched a lot of isekai and some of them are between my fav animes so I usually try to check the ones that are being released.
I watch different types of genres (shonen, shoujo, isekai,etc) so I´m wondering if I will like this anime.
I don´t mind watching isekai or harem shows, but they have to be done right, of course.
Some are great, others are just a mess, so let´s see how it will be this one.
Mione48Apr 10, 2022 8:12 PM
Apr 10, 2022 9:19 AM
Jan 2012
25, Female. It was one of my first isekai manga+novels and I love this trashy story with the trashy lead. I know everything that is going to happen in this season and any other future seasons until the first grand battle before they go another country.
Apr 10, 2022 10:53 AM

Jun 2020
I feel like a baby compared to most of y'all lol. 19 yrs old, male. I don't remember why i decided to read the manga of this (i think i saw someone make a meme of it?) but i picked it up and loved it, MC is funny and the heroines are nice. I'm really happy i didn't have to wait long for a adaptation of it, even though the character designs are better in the manga, it still feels very satisfying to see the characters i grew attached to finally animated and voiced.
Apr 10, 2022 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
im in my 20s and my dad in his 50s and we really enjoy watching it together

synopsis and cover looked shit but after trying ep1 out cuz I have a weakness for isekais I was really surprised

Apr 10, 2022 2:23 PM
Jun 2014
Eh, why not participate in this. 33 y/o.

I first found out about this series as a manga a few years back and the setting is very much so a standard isekai trope in shoujo series with hundreds of them taking the "Otome game" setting and juxtaposing the MC as the villainess. Dozens more do the same but with a secondary, tertiary or back ground character but it's almost always a female lead.

This one caught my attention because it played with that trope. And it does it in such a way that makes it a comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously. With the various characters that are going to be reveled over the course of the anime, I'm just hoping that ENGI does the style of the manga justice when it comes to some of the more... questionable morality scenes Leon will have. If the anime even runs long enough in a single season to see some of them. But the party scene from the PV reminded me of the facial art style of The Dark Massacre of the Vengeful Hero(Manga) so I do have some optimism that ENGI will do the series justice so long as they respect the source material.

And ya'll really want this one to respect the source material on this one cause Leon gets W I L D with the plot sometimes.
Apr 10, 2022 8:04 PM
Apr 11, 2022 8:58 AM
May 2021
17. I like Isekai plus I am a seasonal watcher so I watched it out of obligation.
Apr 11, 2022 11:39 PM
Aug 2019
20, female. I just watched this because someone shared the PV in a discord server I'm in and I liked the first episode lol.

I don't mind watching isekai animes as long as they aren't ecchi, they are usually at least entertaining.
Apr 14, 2022 9:28 AM

Jun 2020
20+ female, honestly thought it was reverse harem/here for ikemen, it's not really, but i'm still down!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 14, 2022 12:01 PM

Jan 2020
Maruseru93 said:
hi

im 28 male and i love isekai its one of my most favorit genre but sadly i hate most isekai series because they are just bad

but this isekai is a gem among all isekai since its so different than your typical 0815 shit and she mc is just great especially his smug face

I’m 26 and I also love isekai with Op mc. Call it wish fulfillment or whatever, but I find it fun to see an OP mc who doesn’t take crap from anyone. However, many isekai are pretty bad nowadays, which is why Mushoku Tensei was so refreshing. I now understand why that’s considered to be the king of isekai. As for this anime, I’m giving it a shot only because the mc seems pretty decent. Everything else is meh, so let’s see.
Apr 19, 2022 10:07 PM
Jan 2020
I'm 50, married male. Watching shows like this where smug elites and crazed sociopaths get recked is something that never gets old. Even the cheesiest anime is better than the bland PC trash run on every western TV network nowadays.
Apr 20, 2022 12:06 AM
Dec 2016
29, male - isekai fan but this series surprised me - it’s pretty refreshing to see an anime that takes it story seriously ( more or less^^ ). best anime of the season :)
Apr 20, 2022 2:56 PM

May 2015
I read a lot of isekais, I like the underdog stories, the weak-to strong element and most importantly the hero being rewarded for beating the odds and saving the day. This is an alright one. But it's not as satisfying as some of the other ones

19, male
MagicmistApr 21, 2022 5:54 AM
Apr 20, 2022 10:07 PM
Mar 2021
I am a female and I’m watching this because I thought this was going to be similar to my next life as a villainess, one of the anime that made me laugh the most and I love main characters that aren’t down bad. It is slightly different from hamefura, but Im enjoying it so far, I love the main character and find him relatable, I also find the villainess likable since she was actually sweet to the girl that the Mc defended. I like the interactions between characters honestly, I don’t feel like they’re forced and it is a generic anime with a twist, something I really enjoy.
Apr 20, 2022 10:56 PM

Sep 2020
TinyTabun said:
Female, I like to see the roles reversed for once. Female powered society, males married off young. Genre flipping is always refreshing. Tired of Isekai but this Mc is sarcastic enough for me to entertain.

Male, 16
I’m coming from the manga and waiting for this to finish. I %100 agree with the person above, this is different from many isekai trash out there.
Apr 21, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
Male 26. Yeah the protagonist as a side characters is a nice gimmick and I Definitely didn't expect the plot turned out to be this way. But the more I see it the more I think the show is gonna run out of steam bit by bit as the episodes goes on. It looks like he's not gonna be a side character anymore after mere 3 episodes.

Edit: I read the manga up to chapter 42. It was garbage but at least the mecha fight against the principality was decent.
PesterDrivelApr 21, 2022 9:55 AM
Apr 21, 2022 1:19 PM

Feb 2020
21, likes the genre (despite I've seen so many generic/boring ones so far). I gave it a shot, and the MC seemed interesting so I will keep watching it.
If you win, you live, if you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win.
Apr 22, 2022 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
Male, 34. Employed but unmarried.

Synopsis sounded fun enough form me to give it a try, even if with low expectations -as most seasonal isekais of nowadays are just horrible and repetitive-, and it was nice enough for me to stay.

Animation is VERY bad, late 1990's/early 2000's hentai w/low budget levels (plastic skin, weird eyes), but if you can look past it, the chars and their interactions are neat to see. Voice acting is particularly good.

I wont even care if this becomes a harem later on, as the girls have more defined personality besides just -dere tropes loving the Mc, and he is a funny, spunky smart yet lazy edgelord. And ecchi is so far near 0.

Also, 2D giant robots. Cursed animation aside, I can respect any studio who in this generation still does 2D anime mechas, instead of damn CGI.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 24, 2022 9:50 AM
Mar 2014
Age / Sex / Status are irrelevant.

If you like something, it's because you get some sort of enjoyment out of it, as simple as that.

Now the correct question that should have been asked "Why do you like these type of anime / manga?"

Isekais are usually fun even when they are bad, every Isekai has its own flavour that makes it different than the rest, otherwise we wouldn't be watching them.
Another reason I like isekais is because they are inspirational, they offer limitless possibilities, whatever you can dream of and can imagine it is possible in an isekai.

That being said among many Isekais, this one is quite refreshing as someone pointed out earlier, the female / male role flip. Also the smug play against the upper class elite and royalty. Yes other Isekais have probably done this before, but this one is very funny and sarcastic.

I've seen a lot of Isekais, all the famous ones, and all the not so great ones, but of the ones that I really really like, there are only are handful and this rare gem is among it.

Every other isekai I've seen, usually have some points or theme that just clicks with each their own preferences and liking.

For this isekai in particular these are the points I like up until now.

Most older isekais usually had a loser weak protagonist that are girl shy and all that non-sense (from a western point of view.)
This one is refreshing in that it's a regular guy that just wanted to be your regular background character and chill to enjoy a good life in that world, but because the Prince and friends pissed him off so much in his previous life, he couldn't hold back when he had the chance to have a little fun and slap those main characters in their face :D

If I ever revived in a game and I knew how things should have played out, I'd 100% be doing the same thing, and have fun while doing it. :D

Apr 24, 2022 10:01 AM

Aug 2020
Male, 20. Started watching caused i saw a video called something like "He got stuck in a feminist isekai" and then watched the trailer and thought the premise was interesting, watched the first episode and liked what i saw.

I also liked the idea of a reversed-roles world, even though this one is more extreme, There just so many stories with harems that a world where "reverse-harems" are more common sounded cool, i also adore protagonists who aren't "nice guy #204", "never give up guy" or "op badass guy" from 90% of all action or isekai anime
Apr 24, 2022 10:11 AM

Oct 2017
Male 25 and I love fantasy and isekai. And I want more.
Apr 24, 2022 11:25 AM

Jan 2020
crazy how I'm the youngest one here jesus, 17
Apr 24, 2022 12:14 PM
Sep 2018
Not a typo, 61.
Male.

I don't like horror, gore, that kind of stuff.

I don't mind tropes, because there is very little that can be truly called original out there in any field.
It's all about how well they develop those tropes they decide to employ.
I do enjoy sarcasm.
Other forms of humor as well.
Overly serious or pretentious can see themselves out the door.

As to why I'm enjoying this anime as I am?
I have read the LN, and enjoyed it, but that doesn't answer what it is about it that I enjoy.

I like the MC.
He'd rather be left alone to live a quite life improving the situation for those within the family barony; what's not to like about that?
When that isn't permitted, he uses the knowledge from his previous life concerning the setting to better his chances of making it through despite the efforts of his step-mother to make a buck off of selling him off so someone can collect a widow's pension... and what's not to like about that?
Actually finding something to have a passion for that's a-typical but neat? Tea ceremonies? Way cool!
Wanting to take the wind from the sails of a bunch of entitled nobles who haven't a clue that they're acting like a bunch of spoiled brats with delusions of nobility? How can I not enjoy that?
Standing up for and defending those who have done no one any harm and have no ill intentions toward anyone? I like that.

The story has a ridiculous premise, but what is being done with it is somewhat innovative and decidedly fun.
Otome games by definition are ridiculous. That doesn't mean they can't be fun, but don't take them seriously. The setting for this one is truly over the top.
Seeing what shows up in-world to explain how the setting could possibly have developed, how the ridiculous is made 'plausible', is always interesting.

But that still doesn't really explain why I enjoy this work.
It works for me, I guess?
Apr 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Jan 2021
31, I didn't think I would like this show going into it but I find it a good laugh, I don't really care for the story or anything though.

Gives me Misfit of Demon Academy vibes where the outrageously OP MC just makes everyone look like a meme and for that reason alone I don't mind it.

Jun 25, 2022 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
I'm 31 and while I watch Isekai, this one disappointed me. The title was misleading and gave the impression there would be more to the series. Or maybe my expectations were misplaced.
Jun 27, 2022 10:14 PM

Nov 2009
I am whatever you want me to be.

*slowly turns around and walks away*
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 5, 2022 12:43 AM

Dec 2014
28+ old guy
I happened to stumble on a gif of this anime showing the part where
, got me interested enough. decided to binge it.
Somehow the aspect of the MC aiming to lead a peaceful or harboring minimum possible stress in life resonated with me. It was fun watching this anime.
And yes I'm interested in isekai genre mostly because it toys with the idea of giving people a 2nd chance with their life alongside with the idea of the world mostly being a fantasy video game setting.
never took any anime too seriously, got enough to deal with irl.
Thanks!

Mar 12, 2023 7:32 AM

Mar 2021
I am kind of neutral on the isekai genre, I'm female and 18, but this anime to me feels odd. I just don't get why they make fun of otomes yet adds a cliche harem in the mix. Talk about "parody" and "self-aware" the otome genre when they add an oversaturated harem genre. I guess men always get to have that fantasy which makes me personally sad. :( But oh well, my fave utaite Itou Kashitaro is the one singing the OP. :D 

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

92 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 19, 12:32 AM

» About the art

TheUnkovvn - May 4, 2022

41 by ryoko6 »»
Apr 18, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2022

71 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 25, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2022

121 by Buchta »»
Feb 21, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.