Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2022 5:18 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah this show ain’t for me dawg as the rest of the MC’s are boring. Have fun guys with it
Apr 6, 2022 6:36 PM

Aug 2017
I skipped the 3 pages of discussion to write my answer, so forgive me if I repeat what other have written.

Overall, the episode seemed a little weak to me. There was too much exposition to get to the point. Maybe a two parter would have been better (the battles with the individual generals were way too simple).

I like the fact that she isn't going to f*** the loli weregirl and that not all the generals are women, so he isn't going to form a harem. Oh, and the point that humanity as a whole rejects him for being too strong is also cool. Humans are morons after all.

The animation seemed ok, tough I didn't see any sakuga moment. The ED/OP is ok, but not my favorite.

And that's about it.
ZenielDanakuApr 6, 2022 6:45 PM
Apr 6, 2022 6:46 PM

Jan 2013
This guy is a meme lmao, i bet he will do all the challenges in a few hours xD
Also, that ending was really nice and his whole plot is pretty reasonable, nothing surreal i guess, besides that he's broken ofc ahah

I wonder now how bad he can be, but the whole Echidna's story is pretty interesting as well, and no we also know where she gets paid when she's not in Re:Zero lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 6, 2022 8:43 PM
Geass
Apr 2020
Seems like it will be a fun watch
𝐼𝒻 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 π“ˆπ‘œπ“‚π‘’π“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“Œπ’½π“Ž π’Ήπ‘œ 𝒾𝓉 π’»π‘œπ“‡ 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝑒

https://i.imgur.com/qTzFIST.jpg
Apr 7, 2022 2:25 AM
Dec 2021
This anime is lifeless like why does it feel like this
Apr 7, 2022 5:46 AM
Oct 2017
Starry_sky25 said:
Serafos said:
Ok... This wasn't my cup of tea, but I hope you guys have fun with this show.

damn, if only everyone could have the same attitude towards animes they dislike ahah

Ikr. Rare kind indeed XD
Apr 7, 2022 6:47 AM
Jun 2007
A different kind of hero anime...
Apr 7, 2022 8:33 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I though I wouldn't like this but I was wrong. It looks interesting. A revenge plot but it doesn't feel like very serious (well maybe it will be in the future). I think I would enjoy this one.
Apr 7, 2022 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, not bad. The premise is kind of odd, but I'm sure it'll be a source of humour. I liked the OP song
Apr 7, 2022 12:07 PM
Mar 2020
Seems like a decent adaptation. I hear "its not your typical generic fantasy" so I'm hoping that this show shows some decent variation.
Apr 7, 2022 1:43 PM

Mar 2018
Pretty interesting concept IMO, wonder if he will help these guys take over the world despite the king's faith in him.
Apr 7, 2022 4:33 PM

Dec 2020
Good first ep cant wait for more!
Apr 7, 2022 4:59 PM

Jan 2022
Was hesitant to start this since it's not the kind of anime I'm usually into, but really enjoyed this first episode despite all the flashbacks. It's an interest concept, can't wait to see more
Apr 7, 2022 10:34 PM
Oct 2016
very excited for this one!
Apr 8, 2022 11:21 PM
Jan 2020
Great first episode. I have high hopes for this anime. I guess this is more like a revenge story. Echidna and the demon's army seems like good guys too.

5/5 episode
Apr 9, 2022 1:47 AM
Jul 2011
The main protagonist is actually Sakaki Yuya.

I knew he is now going to destroy the world because of the way people treated him.
Apr 9, 2022 2:00 PM
Aug 2019
where can i find the light novel of it ?
Apr 10, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2019
Looks worth watching
Apr 10, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2019
Also are the light novels complete?
Apr 12, 2022 12:49 PM
Dec 2015
SummerADDE said:
OMG Lily the wolfgirl (?) Is so cute and adorable!

I agree. Does anyone know what her race is? Is she a Beast Girl or Beastmen? Although, the latter is a bit misleading. Perhaps we will find out more as the story continues. Maybe we will find out her actual race.
Apr 12, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Leo helped Steina relieve some of her more taxing duties so she doesn't have to work as hard but his reward wasn't granted xD.
Lili's plan was... very professional!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 12, 2022 2:31 PM
Mar 2022
pretty interesting concept and solid first episode. I can see why it's one of the most viewed new shows of the season early on.
Apr 12, 2022 9:23 PM

Mar 2010
I like the generals but the mc is one big weirdo. lol at his I will kill the world speech.
Apr 13, 2022 3:05 AM

Jun 2021
So we had realist rebuild a kingdom, raise country out of dept, No we got how to rebuild the demon army/natuion I guess...

It looks pretty good.

Also Lily is cute as could be.
Apr 13, 2022 3:14 AM
Mar 2012
Leo kinda weird & funny i like. Using excel in a non isekai fantasy eh. His exile reasoning bit iffy, maybe he didnt explain major collateral damage he causes. Like if the church declare him enemy for destroying that church.
Their designs pretty cool, hey Iskander.
Apr 13, 2022 11:11 AM
Feb 2021
well it is decent ig has some potential and I will be looking forward what will happen in the next few eps
Apr 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
Had me at the first half, ngl. Interesting premise.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Apr 14, 2022 8:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This first episode was very enjoyable, I m actually more psyched to watch this series after this.
Quite sadly, Echidna barely makes an appereance on episode 2, and that is why I m into this anime, so ep2 not nearly as good, if she is the MC, she should have a more consistent appearence (I hope).
Apr 18, 2022 11:24 AM

Mar 2010
Whoa this felt so fucking boring, I hope the next episode does a better job.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2022 9:36 AM

Feb 2021
I love the entrant of this anime which looks like JRPG Game! But it become funny when we know the reason for the interview and behind all those attacks and the sad story of the hero XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 24, 2022 2:10 PM

Mar 2021
Yet its pretty basic and with presentations of each characters, but I like them, and an other hero who's the villain I say yes ! x)

Still dont understand why people started to hate the hero and think he was a monster, he just saved everyone.. I feel like there's an other reason ~
May 3, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2014
I thought it's going to be more of a parody. But between that heavy backstory and foreshadowing of Queen's seemingly important goals, it seems to be at least a bit serious. Either way, I'm intrigued.
May 4, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
The plot is ridiculous! But heh, maybe that's the whole point?

I mean, how absurd is it to turn a "god-like" hero, who singlehandedly defeated the demon-lord, into your enemy??? Why? Because of some rumors and fear he may become a new demon lord? You would expect humans to worship him like a god, not treat him like PLAGUE!
How much sense does it make to toss rocks at a freaking tank (with a nuke inside!)? For some reason, people think it's ok to fight their fear (based most likely on gossip!) by doing stupid things (like trying to assassinate the hero or banish him), thus playing the biggest role in actually forcing the said hero to become allies with the demon lord?!

The level of stupidity is insane! At least the king knows!

The demon lord seems to not-be the cliche "evil for the sake of evil" and has an agenda too; that was a welcoming development.

As long as this show doesn't resort to making fun of deaths of innocents (hahaha look at these stupid humans get massacred! That's what they deserve! - This kind of bullshit), I think I can get used to it. So far the characters seem ok.
May 12, 2022 6:16 AM

Sep 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

I mean, how absurd is it to turn a "god-like" hero, who singlehandedly defeated the demon-lord, into your enemy??? Why? Because of some rumors and fear he may become a new demon lord? You would expect humans to worship him like a god, not treat him like PLAGUE!
How much sense does it make to toss rocks at a freaking tank (with a nuke inside!)? For some reason, people think it's ok to fight their fear (based most likely on gossip!) by doing stupid things (like trying to assassinate the hero or banish him), thus playing the biggest role in actually forcing the said hero to become allies with the demon lord?!

The level of stupidity is insane! At least the king knows!

The demon lord seems to not-be the cliche "evil for the sake of evil" and has an agenda too; that was a welcoming development.

As long as this show doesn't resort to making fun of deaths of innocents (hahaha look at these stupid humans get massacred! That's what they deserve! - This kind of bullshit), I think I can get used to it. So far the characters seem ok.

I think the treatment of the "hero" should be looked at as being allegorical

especially in the light of what follows.

I just can't make my mind up yet whether they've done a good job of that, or not.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 24, 2022 7:24 AM

Jun 2020
This seems like a story that wants you to keep going and keep you hooked once the story gets out

Hilariously only Edwald put up a fight and props to Steina even a mommy bonking me will make me give in, Honestly thought that he'd get the praise that he deserved but he became the thing that people hated the most

Leo's had it rough he became all powerful and defeated the demon army and became the embodiment of fear that the people had from the army that's tough, I will be watching this with great interest.
Jun 15, 2022 2:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So that hero beat the demon army but got kicked out of his village and they tried to kill him for that, not surprising he wanted to join the demon army xD that's somewhat original compared to most other fantasy stories but we'll see how it will develop, pretty interesting start
Jun 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
Yikes, this ppl are trash
Ashhk said:
So that hero beat the demon army but got kicked out of his village and they tried to kill him for that, not surprising he wanted to join the demon army xD that's somewhat original compared to most other fantasy stories but we'll see how it will develop, pretty interesting start

yea and the Queen is cherry on top is he manages to shack up with her :D

Sigmar-Unberogen said:

in a culture with religion and hero being part of church yes they would worship him cause they would explain hes powers by being gift from god

but hero was not part of any church and there is the problem, ppl fear what they can't explain and fear makes ppl stupid and another good example for this is movie the mist (2007) it shows how stupid ppl in fear can get, so this makes perfect sense

i believe this rumors came from ppl themselves sins they cant explain hes inhuman power so they started talking and then the fear spared like wildfire from hearing that other thinks that and made them think same way

Sugram22Jun 21, 2022 12:52 PM
Jun 26, 2022 10:55 AM
Feb 2022
The voice actor of Leo (Kensho Ono, known also as Kuroko from Kuroko no Basket and more) doesn't suit the character. Too deep and low in my opinion.
Also, I didn't expect that much of comedy, but I like it! I hope it will be as epic and laughable as I expect.
Jul 14, 2022 9:28 PM
Oct 2019
kind of underwhelming

5/10 first episode
Sep 5, 2022 11:53 PM

Nov 2019
Leo the Hero, who fought on humanity's side as the strongest man defeated the demon army single handedly but when he went back to civilization, he was shunned away by his fellow humans. Now he wants nothing to do with humanity - I guess when you can't join them, beat them... Leo has a 1 month trial to prove his worth to the 4 generals whether or not he can contribute where they will all recommend him. I guess they still want to see to his intentions since they need troops after he eliminated them and he needs a home since he just got exiled from his. So far this opmc is starting out differently from the rest, I hope this keeps its uniqueness up throughout. Also these demon generals and demon lord are apparently empathetic to war crimes.
Sep 6, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2015
Those foolish people really royally fked themselves by treating their hero as an enemy to the point Leo actually joins the demon army.

Sep 16, 2022 3:00 PM
Jan 2022
Generic and boring at least the blonde elf was hot with a tiny dress i will continue to watching this with one hand
Sep 25, 2022 1:49 PM
Sep 2022
Interessante a série, com expectativas!
Sep 27, 2022 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
Yes, humanity is actualy this retarded, funny enough i don't see this complain in overlord when they plan to go against Ainz
lasodamosSep 27, 2022 1:25 PM
Mar 12, 2023 2:39 PM

Jul 2022
Okayish episode. Seems kinda boring, why does the mc has to be op af again... Wins every fight with no sweat but when it comes to traveling in snow etc they make it look like he's having a hard time like let's pretend he won't fly in 2 episodes with some forbidden spell, i don't get it. Yea idk at least it's kinda a unique premise but this will probably not matter
Feb 29, 11:46 PM
Feb 2024
Good 1st episode, I enjoyed it!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

136 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2022

70 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2022

84 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 1, 12:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.