Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Apr 5, 2022 6:31 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The new information livestream for Akumi Agitogi's Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon (My Happy Marriage) light novel announced a television anime on Wednesday. Kadokawa also opened an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo.

Reina Ueda (Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note, SSSS.Gridman) and Kaito Ishikawa (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Vanitas no Karte) are starring as Miyo Saimori and Kyouka Kudou, respectively.

Staff
Director: Takehiro Kubota (Id:Invaded assistant director)
Setting, Supervision: Takao Abo (Norn9: Norn+Nonet director)
Series Composition, Script: Takehiro Oonishi (22/7 script), Ami Satou (22/7 script), Momoka Toyoda (Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 assistant series composition)
Character Design: Sachiko Yasuda (Joshikousei no Mudazukai)
Color Design: Anna Okamatsu (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Art Director: Emi Katanosaka (Inspired) (Gensou Sangokushi: Tengen Reishinki)
Art Advisor: Osamu Masuyama (Made in Abyss)
Art Setting: Yoshinori Hishinuma (Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!!), Yoshihiro Sono (Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited), Masaki Yoshizaki
Prop Design: Takeshi Takakura (Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight), Ryou Hirata (Kakushigoto (TV)), Mikio (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2)
Director of Photography: Tsunetaka Ema (T2 Studio) (Megalo Box)
3DCG Director: Yuuji Koshida (Godzilla: S.P)
Kimono Design: HALKA
Editing: Masayuki Kurosawa (Sarazanmai)
Music: Evan Call (Violet Evergarden)
Music Supervisor: Takahiro Ikeda (Tokyo Revengers music director)
Music Production: Miracle Bus
Sound Director: Kisuke Koizumi (Uramichi Oniisan)
Sound Production: Glovision
Script Development Cooperation: Kouji Morimoto (Long Riders! chief producer)
Studio: Kinema Citrus

Agitogi originally wrote the historical drama romance novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in 2018. Kadokawa began printing the series with illustrations by Tsukiho Tsukioka in January 2019 and published the fifth volume on July 15 last year.

Rito Kousaka began drawing a manga adaptation on the Gangan Online web magazine in December 2018. Square Enix released the third volume last October.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English in June 2021 and shipped the first volume on January 18. Square Enix licensed the manga in English under its Manga & Books label last July and plans to release the first volume on September 13.

Synopsis
Miyo Saimori was the unfortunate child of a loveless, arranged marriage. After her mother died, her father brought in his lover and her own daughter, Kaya. From then on, Miyo's life was reduced to that of a mere servant. Even worse, while Kaya inherited the family's psychic abilities, Miyo had none—she was truly the daughter with no merit.

After years of being treated like dirt, Miyo has learned to keep her head down, hide her pain, and obey every order. So, it comes as no surprise that she is arranged to be married to Kiyoka Kudou, a military captain rumored to be so cruel that he has driven away every one of his potential wives so far.

From a painful upbringing to a painful marriage, that's the future that awaits Miyo—or so she thinks. Contrary to her expectations, her new husband is actually kind-hearted. What really awaits Miyo is a blissful, everlasting marriage full of happiness! [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official website: https://watakon-anime.com/
Novel special site: https://lbunko.kadokawa.co.jp/special/watashino/
Official Twitter: @watashino_info

Source: animate Times

Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon on MAL.
LeknaatApr 5, 2022 7:50 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 5, 2022 6:33 AM

Jul 2021
Idk if it's just me but from what I've read in the manga, this one feels like one of the Cinderella series and I'm on the verge to threaten her shitty family we must protect this girl at all cost!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 5, 2022 6:35 AM

Sep 2020
Finally some good romance anime. Peak Shoujo by Peak Anime Studio. Can't wait!!!
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I AM FUCKING SOLD....Please be airing this year TwT
Apr 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Jun 2010
I'm sooo happy that the art of the manga has translated fantastically to the anime. It looks really pretty.
This will be an amazing shoujo if the production quality is solid (which I think it is).
Apr 5, 2022 6:44 AM
Jul 2009
Loved the novel and manga, but the art of the anime seems to be a letdown compared to the art in the novel and manga
Apr 5, 2022 6:45 AM

Mar 2021
Ahhh the synopsis seems so good, I can’t wait to watch this!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Sep 2020
Koshi_Inaba said:
Loved the novel and manga, but the art of the anime seems to be a letdown compared to the art in the novel and manga
It's Kinema Citrus not KyoAni moreover judging by the trailer it's seem this will get a solid adaption.
Apr 5, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2009
ZXEAN said:
Koshi_Inaba said:
It's Kinema Citrus not KyoAni moreover judging by the trailer it's seem this will get a solid adaption.

Didn't really ask for your opinion, nor do I care. Still a letdown for me, the studio don't matter
Koshi_InabaApr 5, 2022 6:58 AM
Apr 5, 2022 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
Yes I've been waiting for this, so exciting
Apr 5, 2022 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
Apr 5, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2020
Koshi_Inaba said:
ZXEAN said:

Didn't really ask for your opinion, nor do I care. Still a letdown for me, the studio don't matter
Care enough to reply lol. Sorry for you loss btw 🤧
Apr 5, 2022 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
This seems interesting.
Apr 5, 2022 7:13 AM
May 2016
I'm so excited. So happy we are getting more shoujo manga and LN adaptations lately.
Apr 5, 2022 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
a historical romance with a cute female lead and a cold male lead but with golden heart

looks like the type of romance i can enjoy
Apr 5, 2022 7:25 AM

Jun 2014
Hell yes this manga is superb so I'm happy to see that Kinema Citrus is in charge. I wish they would have adapted the character designs more closely to the LN/manga art but I still think this looks good from what we've seen so far in the PV.
:3
Apr 5, 2022 7:36 AM

Sep 2020
This looks promising, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

That explains the somewhat familiar sounding music. Great.
Apr 5, 2022 7:47 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Full staff list updated btw!
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 5, 2022 7:50 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah... judging by the synopsis and the PV, I think I'd like it... but anyway I really like romance so I'm happy with this adaptation.

Apr 5, 2022 8:03 AM

Aug 2018
I am all for Romance Anime and this is looking good 😍
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Apr 5, 2022 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
This looks so cute. I'm looking forward to it!
Apr 5, 2022 8:32 AM
Nov 2020
another plan to read manga based on LN getting anime adaption nice I will wait for the anime then
Apr 5, 2022 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
Woooooaaaah!!!! I read the manga and I loved it so much!!! And now it'll adapted into anime!!! Really blissful 😍😍
Apr 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
Synopsis makes me hyped. Also Evan Call doing the music. Absolutely must watch.

Apr 5, 2022 9:32 AM

May 2020
Like how everyone's repeating the same thing, though synopsis does sound familiar so will check this out.
Apr 5, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2020
Looks interesting. Studio is good one too.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 5, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2015
Nice, I've read the manga version and was really invested, can't wait.
Apr 5, 2022 11:49 AM
Dec 2021
The synopsis gat me interested, only weird pointless shows have been getting anime adaptation lately, glad to see a good one
Apr 5, 2022 12:22 PM
Apr 2022
This looks promising!
Apr 5, 2022 1:27 PM
Jun 2021
I'm really excited for this since I loved the light novel, but I wish they stayed more true to the original art style since the fl looks like a completely different person in the anime. I am quite please with the voice acting though, since it's very similar to what I imagined Miyo sounding like.
Apr 5, 2022 5:46 PM

Mar 2015
my only criticism is "what's with the long face?".
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 5, 2022 8:40 PM

Jun 2019
I liked the manga, so I'm excited for this!
Apr 5, 2022 9:32 PM
Feb 2022
the premise sounds exactly just like my parents' love story it's actually scaring me lol better check it out, it had 17 chapters so far ??
Apr 6, 2022 12:27 AM

Feb 2015
>heroine: 19 yo
>Male lead: 27 yo

I can already see Twitter on its cancel culture taking effect.
Apr 6, 2022 2:42 AM

Jun 2019
_Ako_ said:

I don't think that will happen. The story is set back in the day when these sorts of age gaps were normal.
Apr 6, 2022 3:00 AM
Jan 2022
aku gak sabar nunggu animenya tayang!
Apr 6, 2022 3:03 AM
Aug 2021
_Ako_ said:

Nah. Firstly, this is set in a different time, so 19 would probably have been old to get married back then. Secondly, even if it was set in the modern day, I think a working guy dating a college girl isn't nearly as egregious as dating a high schooler. I'm generally not a fan of age gaps, but I never understand why they insist on a man close to 30 dating a 16yo schoolgirl when they could just have made her 19/20 and things become significantly less morally questionable.
Apr 6, 2022 4:41 AM
Jul 2019
_Ako_ said:

My grandma got married when she was 17, my grandpa was 27 at that time mate. It was normal in some Asian countries back then the days
Apr 6, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
ironcross30 said:
_Ako_ said:

My grandma got married when she was 17, my grandpa was 27 at that time mate. It was normal in some Asian countries back then the days

do you think Twatter cares about your grandmother back in the day? Stop inflating your ego
Apr 6, 2022 12:02 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
_Ako_ said:
ironcross30 said:

do you think Twatter cares about your grandmother back in the day? Stop inflating your ego
She's not underage so that in itself should be enough to drive off the idiots who'd try to talk shit about it
Apr 8, 2022 3:17 PM
Feb 2014
This was such a pleasant and unexpected surprise to have woken up to on the 6th of April!!!!

I had actually wanted this to get an anime adaptation so i'm really happy about it!!!

Also, unlike another certain female targeted villainess adaptation this one actually looks really good judging by the PV, kudos to the staff & studio for actually putting the necessary care and attention in it, well, at least for the art/animation part so far.

I think i manifested this and the Tongari Boushi no Atelier adaptation since i had added them in a list called: Manga/Light Novels that i would like to get an anime adaptation, and, both got adaptations announced at the same time!!!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Apr 10, 2022 10:48 AM
Feb 2022
can't wait for the release date :)
Apr 13, 2022 1:11 AM

Mar 2013
Koshi_Inaba said:
ZXEAN said:

Technically the moment you put your opinion on a public internet forum you were indeed asking for other people's opinions
Apr 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Sep 2021
ponygobyebye said:
_Ako_ said:

Nah. Firstly, this is set in a different time, so 19 would probably have been old to get married back then. Secondly, even if it was set in the modern day, I think a working guy dating a college girl isn't nearly as egregious as dating a high schooler. I'm generally not a fan of age gaps, but I never understand why they insist on a man close to 30 dating a 16yo schoolgirl when they could just have made her 19/20 and things become significantly less morally questionable.

Hahah I love this I think.... and it's just a thought, the author probably tries to imitate customs from the time period they base their writing from. It's possible that men were of marrying age much later than women, I suppose this is why many cultures still say women mature faster than men and certain scientific developments have shown that is true in some physicalities. I mean this was common in the states as well marrying at like 13, im not the biggest fan of age gaps either like Violet and Gilbert, I mean it was 14 yrs but now you see 20 age gaps and as you get older it doesn't seem too crazy, I just wouldn't like the idea that someone I love if I live long enough will definitely die before me. Also teens date for some reason their naïveté is socially accepted like a 16 yr old with a 15 or something, but put a 17 year old with a 21 year old dude and oh no, I think in certain ways due to maturity that age gap is better we're unrealistic to think that two people who love each other will wait till adulthood to start dating. Some may but those shoes don't necessarily fit everyyone.

Personally in this story I don't have any problems with it, he didn't raise her as such is the case in Violet Evergarden plus she's 19. So it's not morally gray at all my parents have a 5 yr gap, and I'm sure my grandparents have a 10 yr gap, 8 is cake haha, this is pretty natural/normal. But I do feel the story is predictable, the trope is overused but still entertaining, so I'm excited to watch this as well.
matte_urusaiJun 9, 2022 8:11 PM
Apr 22, 2022 10:21 AM
Aug 2021
Ashleenanime said:
ponygobyebye said:

Hahah I love this I think.... and it's just a thought, the author probably tries to imitate customs from the time period they base their writing from. It's possible that men were of marrying age much later than women, I suppose this is why many cultures still say women mature faster than men and certain scientific developments have shown that is true in some physicalities. I mean this was common in the states as well marrying at like 13, im not the biggest fan of age gaps either like Violet and Gilbert, I mean it was 14 yrs but now you see 20 age gaps and as you get older it doesn't seem too crazy, I just wouldn't like the idea that someone I love if I live long enough will definitely die before me. Also teens date for some reason their naïveté is socially accepted like a 16 yr old with a 15 or something, but put a 17 year old with a 21 year old dude and oh no, I think in certain ways due to maturity that age gap is better we're unrealistic to think that two people who love each other will wait till adulthood to start dating. Some may but that shoes don't necessarily fit anyone.

Personally in this story I don't have any problems with it, he didn't raise her as such is the case in Violet Evergarden plus she's 19. So it's not morally gray at all my parents have a 5 yr gap, and I'm sure my grandparents have a 10 yr gap, 8 is cake haha, this is pretty natural/normal. But I do feel the story is predictable, the trope is overused but still entertaining, so I'm excited to watch this as well.
Ashleenanime said:
ponygobyebye said:

Hahah I love this I think.... and it's just a thought, the author probably tries to imitate customs from the time period they base their writing from. It's possible that men were of marrying age much later than women, I suppose this is why many cultures still say women mature faster than men and certain scientific developments have shown that is true in some physicalities. I mean this was common in the states as well marrying at like 13, im not the biggest fan of age gaps either like Violet and Gilbert, I mean it was 14 yrs but now you see 20 age gaps and as you get older it doesn't seem too crazy, I just wouldn't like the idea that someone I love if I live long enough will definitely die before me. Also teens date for some reason their naïveté is socially accepted like a 16 yr old with a 15 or something, but put a 17 year old with a 21 year old dude and oh no, I think in certain ways due to maturity that age gap is better we're unrealistic to think that two people who love each other will wait till adulthood to start dating. Some may but that shoes don't necessarily fit anyone.

Very well said. Either way, I just hope this is good.
May 8, 2022 3:19 AM
Nov 2020
tragedydesu said:
a historical romance with a cute female lead and a cold male lead but with golden heart

looks like the type of romance i can enjoy

It seems that you really like Taisho Otome, well you gonna love this too. Plus, It is set in the Meiji era, prior to Taisho era.
Jun 24, 2022 10:43 AM
May 2021
Is the manga finished? And how many chapters are there?
Jul 14, 2022 10:44 PM

Jul 2015
_Ako_ said:

This show takes place in times where arranged marriage was commonplace, thus age gap as well.
I don't expect Twitterians to understand it tho.

Jul 15, 2022 7:07 AM
May 2016
New visual is so pretty.

Jul 17, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 2022
_Ako_ said:
ironcross30 said:

Who are you agent of twitter?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.