Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
So a show literally about girls who can heal in various departments...it's an interesting concept imo.

Character designs are delicate and the main trio of the show seems fun enough to watch, especially that redhead Kana. There are a lot of characters though, so I'm really curious how they'll flesh everyone out with their personalities.

A fun start so far if you ask me.
Apr 4, 2022 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
With such a title like this, I certainly got that and more.

The OP is so light-hearted, it feels like the Monday Blues have all but withered away, whether you've starting or finishing Monday alright.

And the rest of the show is just that: idol girls (because that's what their Seiyuus are) disguised to be Healer Girls, healing people through song (though this is nowhere close to being an idol show).

But I would've been so mistaken that some Seiyuus feels and sounds like they're virtually new (or side-casted) in this series:
- Reimi Itsushiro voicing Marina Horiuchi (new Seiyuu)
- Chihaya Yoshitake voicing Sonia Yanagi (Love Live!'s Yuuna Hijirisawa)
- Akane Kumada voicing Hibiki Morishima (TenSura's Ellen)
- Karin Isobe voicing Kana Fujii (Just Because!'s Mio Natsume)

Getting Studio 3Hz for this production, it's simple as molasses, but with Princess Principal's character designer Yukie Akiya and music composer Ryo Takahashi of Void_Chords, it's a bummer to say...that I'm really down for this HARD.

Some may say alright, but this is a simple Iyashikei, SoL musical theme that does its intended job well.
And I'm loving the songs already, this is gonna cure my Monday Blues so aptly. Mark it when I say that this is a hidden gem of the season.
KANLen09Apr 4, 2022 9:40 AM
Apr 4, 2022 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
This is such a sweet, relaxing and lighthearted show. :)

I loved all that singing. Those songs were really beautiful.

There were so many cute facial expressions this episode, which reminded me of Akebi-chan and Slow Loop from the previous season.

I'm glad Yui's grandma is feeling much better now. Good job, Kana!

Aww, Reimi is a very curious about that cat. =^_^=

"A glass or two is good for you." Well, I'm not so sure about that... x3

SerafosApr 5, 2022 3:43 AM
Apr 4, 2022 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
The world where the songs can heal you. Where is it? Where is it? I want to live in this kind of world
Next episode: PA! is coming

They're so beautiful

何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 4, 2022 8:10 AM
Aug 2020
Episode 1 and I love it already
Apr 4, 2022 8:32 AM
May 2013
I had extremely high expectations for this show which weren't even warranted by almost anything. It was clear this would be a SoL moe show with a big focus on music and that concept alone sold me instantly.

Suffice to say, blew my expectations out of the water, show's great! It's like getting Macross, but fully SoL and in a hospital setting instead of mecha space wars.

The sing-off scene was hilarious, when Reimi started to sing her rock song and suddenly had sparkles firing everywhere it was like in Guitar Hero hitting S rating/on fire mode when you hit a combo.

Final 'sakuga' scene, which I imagine will be present at the end of every episode was great too, exactly the sort of scene I expected going in and that's all I really need from a musical anime imho. Cheers to more of this!
Apr 4, 2022 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Phenomenal premiere episode. I wasn't expecting it to be this well animated along with amazing songs to make it a full blown musical.
Apr 4, 2022 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
Um, nope. I hate the direction style and random musical parts. It really puts me off, it feels more like something aimed to kids.
The animation and art quality is great though.
I'm not dropping it yet, but...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 4, 2022 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Kimurah said:
Phenomenal premiere episode. I wasn't expecting it to be this well animated along with amazing songs to make it a full blown musical.
That's rare coming from someone whom expects the worst though, a rare compliment.
Apr 4, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2019
I’m so glad I watched this, I was gonna pass on it because I hadn’t heard anything about it and I’ve gone from watching 100 percent of seasonals to like 85 percent recently. But I’m glad I did check it out, love the art style, love the girls and I like the concept of music being used as a healing method. May not work quite the same irl but music still helps people get thru trauma. Solid first ep!
Apr 4, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2011
Well, looks like I will continue to watch to see what is the dangerous part of singing. Or if depending how you sing, a person can get a Symphogear.
Apr 4, 2022 10:12 AM
Aug 2012
I enjoy the little singing conversation. If there a rule saying she should not treat people, the teacher should have punished her somehow, even a small bit.

Singing of coarse can't heal physical injuries, but songs can help the mental state of people, and improving a mental state of someone helps the body heal from physical injuries.

I will enjoy watching this series every Monday.
Apr 4, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 2019
Honestly, as much as i love wholesome shows, for most part i was ready to drop it. But certain things made me give it a fair chance. If it can improve on its stronger aspects, it can be very enjoyable show
Apr 4, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2016
Musicwise the first few moments gave me Aa Megami-sama x Aria vibes and it's indeed somewhat reminiscent. Pretty good start for something I came into 100% blind. It's a sweet premise (for now) and hopefully there will be a lot of variety in terms of song choices.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2022 10:19 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm not bad I guess
Apr 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Dec 2016
KANLen09 said:
Kimurah said:
That's rare coming from someone whom expects the worst though, a rare compliment.

Actually, I don't expect anything from most shows since I tend to go in blind on every season. You can't blame me when a huge percent of shows are either low hanging fruit or just pandering.

The very few gems like these that come out every now and then, fully deserve my appreciation.
Apr 4, 2022 10:45 AM

May 2021
Great episode! 'Healers' are people who can heal people with their singing voices. Kana sings to heal a little graze on a boy's knee who fell in the street but got told off her teacher as she isn't yet qualified. Reimi seems to be obsessed with her teacher and she is her idol xD. Hibiki is also quite a nice person and scared them both with the face in the wooden engraved wall lol.
Kana saved Yui's grandma with her singing and seems to have made a lot of progress according to her teacher!

I just want to say also that the singing in this show is very beautiful!

I really really like the premise of this show and am looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 4, 2022 10:57 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, I enjoyed it a ton more than I ever thought I would, I was just gonna have it as background noise but the show was really enjoyable, the designs are super cute and love it when characters have that dual color on their hair Stocking style, Ayahi Takagaki is a really nice bonus.
Apr 4, 2022 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Feels very childish.
Although the first episode was alright and the singing parts were pretty good, I don’t think I will bother watching the whole thing, cause I believe it won’t get any better than this.
Apr 4, 2022 11:19 AM
Feb 2016
ohman i was actually pleasantly surprised by this. the art is p cute and the characters all feel fun. i'm hoping the random outbursts of singing continue it'll feel like a full on musical~
Apr 4, 2022 11:25 AM

Dec 2020
I really had fun with this first episode.
Every scene feels like a glorified musical play that's actually fun to watch.
I'm definitely invested in finishing this one for sure.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Apr 4, 2022 12:05 PM
Feb 2017
After first 10 minutes I feared this was going to be that kind of musical anime where every dialogue is sung but it got better towards the end. This is done by Studio 3Hz and they've pretty good track record and you can see how this anime also has above average animation (not the greatest but it's still good) at certain points.

Will definitely give this 3 episodes instead of only one!
My Candies:
Apr 4, 2022 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
I am extremely intrigued. Heartwarming,wholesome,colorful
As a Macross fan, it feels like this show is purely made for me
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Apr 4, 2022 12:52 PM

Feb 2021
Strange series. Like idols and not. I don't understand meaning of all this. You simply can't cure illness with music, it is ridiculous even in fiction. I can't believe in this method even when I try.

I won't watch it, sorry.
Apr 4, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
-Raynor- said:
Strange series. Like idols and not. I don't understand meaning of all this. You simply can't cure illness with music, it is ridiculous even in fiction. I can't believe in this method even when I try.

I won't watch it, sorry.
Not trying to change your mind, but music has actually been proven to provide a multitude of health benefits.

Apr 4, 2022 1:12 PM
Jan 2015
I watched half of the series. arrangements and songs do not catch on. Their singing obviously does not heal me,
Op and Ed are even weaker than the singing in the episode itself. Drop.
Apr 4, 2022 1:25 PM

Feb 2021
Meh looks fine so far, not really my cup of tea.

Seriously, as someone who is learning musical theory, very few animes that dive into the topic of music manage to impress me.

There's just something that doesn't really click for me, although I don't see how this one can be super disappointing, at least not in the level of Takt Op. Destiny.
MadanielFLApr 4, 2022 1:41 PM
Apr 4, 2022 1:55 PM

Feb 2021
moemallow said:
-Raynor- said:

I won't watch it, sorry.
Not trying to change your mind, but music has actually been proven to provide a multitude of health benefits.

I know, but not what they show us.

MadanielFL said:

Seriously, as someone who is learning musical theory, very few animes that dive into the topic of music manage to impress me.

There's just something that doesn't really click for me, although I don't see how this one can be super disappointing, at least not in the level of Takt Op. Destiny.

Agree.
Apr 4, 2022 2:09 PM

Sep 2018
Very sweet and lovely but nothing really compelling...
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 4, 2022 2:18 PM

Oct 2020
-Raynor- said:

I won't watch it, sorry.
-Raynor- said:

It's anime though, with magic elements. It doesn't have to be realistic.

PS. sorry i'm tired. i can't be bothered to figure out the quotes and shit.
Apr 4, 2022 2:23 PM

Feb 2021
Grim_Eyes said:
-Raynor- said:

I won't watch it, sorry.
-Raynor- said:

It's anime though, with magic elements. It doesn't have to be realistic.

PS. sorry i'm tired. i can't be bothered to figure out the quotes and shit.

Don't worry! I know it is fiction, simply I don't like it, that is all.
Apr 4, 2022 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
MadanielFL said:

It's probably the real world setting, it drives all realism down the gutter (in reality this magic would be considers a pseudoscience by any news outlet; even Fox News), but a world where music heals and is perfected down to a science is an ASMRists wet dream, they'd basically be full on doctors in this world.

Apr 4, 2022 2:46 PM

May 2021
A pretty nice start. The way they talk by singing was pretty entertaining, ngl. Kana somewhat intrigues me so I hope they show her backstory more.

Hoppy said:
in reality this magic would be considers a pseudoscience by any news outlet; even Fox News

The burn, lol. Deserved.

Apr 4, 2022 3:20 PM

Jun 2021
Anime original by Studio 3Hz? Sign me up!

Really enjoyed the first episode. Good introductory episode, and we get a feel for what the 3 main girls are like.

The final singing part was animated very well and the flashback to show us why she chose to become a healer was nice. The C part after the ED was funny too (didn't expect them to come back to the face on the ceiling lol).

The VAs are OK. The VA for the blonde girl could loosen up a little bit, but I know they are all newbies so I won't be too harsh on them. They all sang beautifully though.
Apr 4, 2022 3:51 PM

Jan 2022
Really enjoyed this first episode, found the random singing kinda awkward at times but I'll just have to get used to that

The art style is really cute and the animation at that end part was great. I really like the blonde girl, can't wait for the next episode
Apr 4, 2022 4:03 PM

Nov 2019
Such soothing songs, the VAs sure have amazing vocals for this

I love the concept and the characters are mellow to start off with, so a great start over all

Can't wait to see where this series goes, seems like it could be a contender for one of the hidden gems this season
Apr 4, 2022 4:20 PM

Aug 2020
Healer Girl is much more amazing than I thought it would be. This kind of shows is what I would definitely finish for this season. The songs are soothing, the moments are soothing, everything's soothing. Nice

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 4, 2022 4:55 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Really fun first episode and well animated, as expected from the studio.
Apr 4, 2022 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Me: I might pass on this show
The show: >Ayahi Takagaki
Me: I now love this show
Apr 4, 2022 5:36 PM
Aug 2021
The musical theatre side of me fell in love with this so quick. The singing is so calm and beautiful, I love it. Also the animation feels really fresh. Lots of moving parts in each shot without it feeling stiff. So excited for this going forward!!
Apr 4, 2022 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
When I began to watch the show, I sensed something was wrong. It seemed a show for girls like "Precure" or something and not what I expected. And then I realized it was not "Kono Healer, Mendokusai". It was close. I was about to miss the first episode of the comedy.
Apr 4, 2022 7:29 PM

Aug 2021
Lots of music and lots of weed.

I found it interesting, very beautiful animation, nice music to listen to and charismatic characters.

But I don't know if I'll continue to watch.
Apr 4, 2022 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
well this is easy to put quite a soothing anime and has charmed me ,lol while i couldn't stop laughing because how often the characters would break out into singing like it's a musical on the disney channel at the same time it's really good even if they sing like a lot.

curious to see where it goes because singing as a form of healing in a medical field is not really fun and games like the ending event show so i wonder what will happen
Studio 3Hz explains why this looks quite nicely animated

lol "magical healing doesn't make sense from singing in this fictional world" c'mon now for years across different media' this has been done it's not remotely strange ,there's even some real life benefits from it
Apr 4, 2022 7:56 PM

Mar 2016
Oh, singing cute healing girls... Drop, not even marking it here.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 4, 2022 9:34 PM

Aug 2021
Music is food for the soul. What a great concept of healing "idols".
Apr 4, 2022 9:35 PM

Dec 2012
I was surprised by this show, I thought it might be slight or a light and hasty story but was stopped in that negative thinking by the sincerity and clear and skillful direction ..the art style and the music and the VA all combine to make powerful magic.

I will watch it I am pretty sure unless they drag in tropes too much. An obnxious Blond girl in the next episode threatens to be such, but i will hold out hope.

a nice surprise. Music is more and more important in Modern day Japan, a sort of combination of genres and styles has merged into Music being one of the life streams of daily life and culture. So this show is timely and hopeful. Nice work Studio and Staff.

Apr 4, 2022 9:36 PM
Jun 2021
This was so fun. Coming off of zombieland it is like franchouchous worst nightmare but I felt enlightened. It's going to be like a musical... I hope. Music sounded great and animation was tight.
Apr 4, 2022 10:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Healer, healing. Don't know why but feeling those keyword became quite meta for lately anime. But its still nice having cute girls healing you with their adorable voices. So far its good. The song actually really healing. I don't mind with the concept, and the art so far very engaging. Hopefully there's something more to the story element so that at least people with narrow-minded over this kind of niche things can be attracted to watch. Or just stay more to the soothing theme until the end? Well lets see next week, then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 4, 2022 10:53 PM

Dec 2020
AWWW WTF? THIS IS ACTUALLY RLY NICE? SO SO CUTE.

i kinda laughed at the early part where red hair girl was just suddenly singing to heal this lil wound but i was absolutely enchanted by the op. idfk whats so special abt it but i loved it sooo much.

with this kinda setting in the world, there definitely should be more apprentice's and they should heal more serious wounds rather than scraps that'll fade in like a week but this isn't a show trying to be realistic. just a light hearted one with a cute premise, and im digging it.

i also absolutely adoree the singing style they choose for whenever they "heal" people?? and the vas chosen to voice them are also rly nice. biggg fan of it

random music parts can kinda be off putting but i like it. that part especially where the trio were singing with the phonograph as if they're in a musical.
Apr 5, 2022 12:08 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would! It was a very nice first episode, and since I already saw someone on my Twitter feed mentioning the musical aspect, I wasn't surprised and fully embrace it. I think it makes the show really fun and unique! While I probably wouldn't listen to the songs outside of the episode, I did like them. Also, Takagaki Ayahi <3 (even if she's not the main character)

The episode was really wholesome, hopefully it'll continue to be relaxing the whole way through :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Other anime like this ?

Ghefira - Apr 12

0 by Ghefira »»
Apr 12, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2022

39 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 2, 2023 10:29 PM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2022

40 by Vhailor »»
Mar 15, 2023 3:21 PM

» Songs

Bruno- - Mar 11, 2023

6 by Zeehighness »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Healer Girl Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2022

23 by AguyinaRPG »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.