Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2022 4:02 PM

Jul 2015
I assume low score is due to stigma agankst CGI anime, because OST absolutely slaps and action itself is decent.
If they decide to keep story simple, but coherent, this show will be decent.

Apr 5, 2022 5:35 PM

May 2014
I feel like i'm one of the few people who like CG everyone else seems to hate lol. I did like this episode for sure. I can tell it's not going to be exactly my thing, as i much prefer the route the OVA and tv show took, where the BRS characters were alternate versions of the school girls and their actions in reality affected the BRS characters in the other world. Dawn Fall seems very reminiscent of the PSP game. I never played it in English but it also had machine enemies and a post apocalyptic setting. The original OVA is my fave thing to come out of the Miku song so far. It's aesthetic is really cool, it's a short and sweet little story.

BRS's new design has grown on me. Not going to reach the iconic status of her original one. I love the simplicity of her first design, but loli shooter is a-okay in my book too. Maybe loli is too far, but she sure seems a lot shorter in this, or is that just me?

Also, i wonder if we'll hear the Black Rock Shooter song at all in this one? I have a feeling we won't, but it'd sure make the finale 10x cooler.
Apr 5, 2022 9:21 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty mediocre start to be honest. CGI was okay though
Apr 6, 2022 6:08 AM
Apr 2020
furosty said:
Does mili involved in the ost music? I'm pretty sure heard her voice

yes it could be the ost vocal probably is her, and the composer just a hunch maybe done by Keiichi okabe
Apr 6, 2022 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
It's been a long time since I watch this anime before. Somehow I love the graphic but still love the old one. Hopefully, the story and graphics will be greater than in this episode. (Btw how can that male robot scene be in Black Rock Shooter anime XD)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 6, 2022 9:44 AM
Sep 2013
But what the fuck did they do with black rock shooter, before it was a heavy anime and emotions and the fuck, black rock shooter was big, now it's a sci fi that black rock shooter turned into a loli type with powers. I know how many kilos the guy had to smoke. I know I'm not the right person to speak ill of clichés since I like it a lot but this thing about artificial intelligence turning against human beings is already a very popular thing , and not only that, it's really bad, for me the only work I remember that did something decent was Terminator, there may be some other anime that did something decent but they are few, that is, it's not something cliche and good and yes a shitty stop. Now about the CGI, I prefer the first season lol. where is the song Black Rock Shooter by Hatsune?

PT-BR
Mas que porra fizeram com black rock shooter,antes era um anime pesado e emoções e os caralhos, a black rock shooter era boladona,agora é um sci fi que a black rock shooter virou um tipo loli com poderes.Agora que porra é essa tem um robo sei la tarado.quantos quilos o cara teve que fumar.Eu sei que não sou uma pessoa certa pra falar mal de clichês já que eu gosto bastante mas essa parada da inteligência artificial se voltar contra os seres humanos já é uma parada muito manjada ,e não só isso,é ruim mesmo,pra mim a unica obra que eu lembro que fez algo decente foi exterminador do futuro,pode ter algum outro anime que fez algo decente mas são poucos,ou seja não é algo cliche e bom e sim uma parada meio merda. Agora sobre o CGI na moral prefiro a primeira temporada kkkk. cade a musica Black Rock Shooter da Hatsune?
Apr 6, 2022 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
Wow this is vey different from the first series.

strong Matrix vibes

I'm glad to see others weirded out by that doll scene. It's not only me.
Niveen_SleemApr 6, 2022 4:48 PM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 2022 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
what i hate the most is the fact that they changed the original character design of black rock shooter like what's up with her derpy eyebrows?!
Apr 6, 2022 6:42 PM
Aug 2018
nomad8 said:
But what the fuck did they do with black rock shooter, before it was a heavy anime and emotions and the fuck, black rock shooter was big, now it's a sci fi that black rock shooter turned into a loli type with powers. I know how many kilos the guy had to smoke. I know I'm not the right person to speak ill of clichés since I like it a lot but this thing about artificial intelligence turning against human beings is already a very popular thing , and not only that, it's really bad, for me the only work I remember that did something decent was Terminator, there may be some other anime that did something decent but they are few, that is, it's not something cliche and good and yes a shitty stop. Now about the CGI, I prefer the first season lol. where is the song Black Rock Shooter by Hatsune?

PT-BR
Mas que porra fizeram com black rock shooter,antes era um anime pesado e emoções e os caralhos, a black rock shooter era boladona,agora é um sci fi que a black rock shooter virou um tipo loli com poderes.Agora que porra é essa tem um robo sei la tarado.quantos quilos o cara teve que fumar.Eu sei que não sou uma pessoa certa pra falar mal de clichês já que eu gosto bastante mas essa parada da inteligência artificial se voltar contra os seres humanos já é uma parada muito manjada ,e não só isso,é ruim mesmo,pra mim a unica obra que eu lembro que fez algo decente foi exterminador do futuro,pode ter algum outro anime que fez algo decente mas são poucos,ou seja não é algo cliche e bom e sim uma parada meio merda. Agora sobre o CGI na moral prefiro a primeira temporada kkkk. cade a musica Black Rock Shooter da Hatsune?

But There Black Rock Shooter PSP version The Anime they copy from it had Terminator vibes

Be honest 50% like this show She had new powers maybe other her team had it to show later soon and 50% dislike because they remove Guardian Star Cape Symbol of Protector and Dead Master Hair is Black become Green and her Gothic Lolita remove replace by battle suit with small cape

About Strength She still Black rain cloth at least they still respect her even destroy little

I wonder If Dead Master give her Cape later to Black Rock Shooter I think Impossible I just over thinking

Everyone did you notice Empress Black Rock Shooter Use Force from Star Wars save to two kid
Apr 6, 2022 6:49 PM

Feb 2016
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either, still, way better than what I expected, and yeah, it's a CGI nightmare but at least is acceptable I guess.

Also, this episode alone was 100000 times better than the entire 2012 anime and the OVA.
I hope the story keeps going like this, I would absolutely hate to watch another annoying and edgy story about lesbian school girls being mentally bullied by the school nurse lol, dear god how I hate that anime!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 7, 2022 12:07 AM

Feb 2021
That was a wild first episode. Dude-robot having sex with human female and she dies when he ejaculates????? I assume we won't be getting school-life moments in this one eh? Oh well. I really like Ishikawa Yui's childish voice; soothing to hear and cute too. Animation and sound effects are inferior to its predecessor, but I'm gonna keep on watching for now.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 7, 2022 1:52 AM
Jun 2013
This was so bad. I don't know if I can even watch another episode.
Apr 7, 2022 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
lmao i can't even go past 5 minutes without getting tilted, dropped

i dont even remember anything from the original, it's been forever but i see i rated it a 4, one of my lowest... so yeah wasnt expecting much
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 7, 2022 1:44 PM

Dec 2015
nomad8 said:

PT-BR

Mano tu ta é moscano, black rock ja foi sci-fi no jogo de PSP, mas realmente fica dificil defender o CGI desse aqui.
ArthurLopesApr 7, 2022 1:50 PM

Leave your limits.

Apr 7, 2022 2:23 PM
Sep 2013
ArthurLopes said:
nomad8 said:

PT-BR

Mano tu ta é moscano, black rock ja foi sci-fi no jogo de PSP, mas realmente fica dificil defender o CGI desse aqui.

Cara eu to ligado mas n deixa de a historia ser uma merda e eu preferir a do anime antigo ne kkk
Apr 7, 2022 8:29 PM
Jan 2022
Likely Dolls Frontline 2.0, I rather skip this one.
Apr 8, 2022 4:52 AM
Jun 2021
man, this was mad boring. literally nothing to say
stream starset
Apr 8, 2022 11:28 PM

Apr 2015
gintokisbicep said:
they just abandoned everything from the og show. all the psychological parts. i thought brs was a metaphor for a girls mental health and now its turned into a sci fi shitshow. whatever.

They didn't abandon anything, though. Every BRS is completely separate from the other and it's own thing.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 9, 2022 7:09 AM
Oct 2017
XNohaco2468 said:
Okay guys, now that the ep is out, do you think that I can watch this without knowing anything about the series?

Nice to see I'm not the only one trying to find an answer to this.
Apr 9, 2022 10:47 AM
Apr 2022
I have to say, the episode wasn't bad.

From the beginning, they explain the current situation of that world, they introduce several characters, they present you with a goal to fulfill and the episode ends with a cliffhanger that grabs you enough that you want to see what follows in the next episode. It was good, and that's it.

As for the complaints towards the animation, it is not the abomination for which they whimper so much around here, but I recognize that in some parts it is weak; especially, in the mobility of robotic enemies.

The character design, especially the main ones, seems appropriate for this series, and something tells me that towards the end Empress will have her famous jacket.
Apr 9, 2022 2:45 PM
Jun 2021
Niello said:
XNohaco2468 said:
Okay guys, now that the ep is out, do you think that I can watch this without knowing anything about the series?

You can watch it without any prior knowledge. Each BRS title (anime, manga or the games) are completely separate in story. The OVA and the original TV show are similar though
stream starset
Apr 10, 2022 1:31 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, that was terrible.
Crap to look at, sex scene and tube scene to be "mature", story that is way more simplistic than the original.
Gonna pass.
Apr 11, 2022 11:58 PM
Nov 2019
Bikuta-san said:
HikariHime93 said:

Yeah I didn’t see that coming with that scene

Top 10 ways Villains are introduced in Anime 😂
outta turn him into scrap metal
Apr 13, 2022 4:17 AM
Mar 2020
Doesn't this show used lots of CGI? I tried to look at it and it seem bothersome
Apr 13, 2022 7:45 AM
Apr 2022
Try to watch. The animation feel strange.
Maybe I will try the TV.
Apr 13, 2022 10:28 AM

Apr 2015
MAL hates CGI far too much but I'd admit this doesn't have the best, action is way too zoomed in and is clunky for the most part. Aesthetically alright(which should be the bare minimum for a BRS show), plot wise passable, just, but clearly a grade school student could have written this
Apr 13, 2022 2:55 PM

Nov 2009
I didn't have any particular problems with most of the CGI. The naked human-looking robot def looked bad but the rest was fine.

The mob robots (Titans?) are pretty much stormtroopers with their impossibly bad accuracy which is painful to watch.

Momocashew's (Mili) voice and the OST was great so far. (Yes it is her, for those who were not sure. I saw her mention it on twitter.)
Apr 15, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2020
bastek66 said:
Doesn't look like Disney material

This one scene spoils the story, which I thought was good, but it seems biased
Apr 18, 2022 6:05 AM

Mar 2021
Hi guys, so before I watch it, I just saw she is named Empress, its right ?
So where I watch it, its not a fansub name fail ? Cause yeah obviously it confuse us, she's BRS and will always be BRS...

At least Strenght is the same !
Apr 18, 2022 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
Even the credits kept my attention. First time seeing Disney in an anime credit.

Ruled by a sentient sex doll. He heehee hoed those women to death.
dragynfaerieApr 18, 2022 5:26 PM
Apr 18, 2022 10:23 PM

Apr 2015
SerahKyu said:
Hi guys, so before I watch it, I just saw she is named Empress, its right ?
So where I watch it, its not a fansub name fail ? Cause yeah obviously it confuse us, she's BRS and will always be BRS...

At least Strenght is the same !

Correct, the official website has her name as "Empress". It's worth noting her name in the PSP game is "Stella".
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 19, 2022 5:59 AM
Oct 2017
yelanballs said:
Niello said:

You can watch it without any prior knowledge. Each BRS title (anime, manga or the games) are completely separate in story. The OVA and the original TV show are similar though

Why are you telling me this?
Edit: Oh shoot, never mind. I was positive I wrote that comment to a comment asking if the insert song was sung by Mili. Guess I quoted the wrong person.
Apr 21, 2022 5:56 AM

Apr 2010
And I for one welcome our big cube overlords with their giant ballsacks
Apr 29, 2022 5:45 AM
Aug 2018
Lmao. This show looks like a PS2 game. This is the kind of stuff you would expect in 2008.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
May 14, 2022 11:10 AM

Jul 2009
Man, I was expecting it would continue from where it ended...but nope...I am still not feeling it,,,
Jun 2, 2022 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Forgot about this, that was pretty hype, it's like a mix between Blame! and Mad Max. Visuals could be better but it looks good, Strength looks awesome.
Jul 10, 2022 10:42 AM

Aug 2011
So far the original is better. Not a bad start, but on BRS awakening, it seems everything is a bit convenient (weapons, transportation, etc.)

That perv robot, School Master Smiley, is he shooting death blanks???

Jan 9, 2023 2:45 AM
Dec 2022
Art style is very bad storyline is ok
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2022

48 by Lysared »»
Apr 5, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

21 by Lysared »»
Apr 5, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

21 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Mar 4, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

26 by AnimSr »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:21 PM

» What happen with cool green haired girl ?

sakkyun - Apr 10, 2022

7 by SofiaBulga »»
Feb 23, 2023 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.