Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2022 3:40 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2022 3:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Ep just finished on Tokyo MX.

I figured they'd have to show the truth behind the disappearance of Ui at some point in this final season but i didn't expect it to be first up. I'll need the subtitles to fully understand everything but from what I could make out, Iroha became a magical girl to save Ui and that led to the four then coming up with the plan to save her. However, in the process, the plan failed and Ui became a witch removing all trace of her existence except for the bookworm girl.

I thought it might be okay watching this without subtitles but there's just too much exposition to comprehend, lol.

@Byniavo For sure, xD. A part of why I decided to watch it from there was because CR was being awfully quiet before the airing.
_MushiRock11_Apr 6, 2022 8:22 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2022 5:09 AM
May 2021
Where can i Watch this?
Apr 3, 2022 7:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given their circumstances its no wonder that the bonds between Ui and her friends were so strong. The insight into how Iroha met Kyubey was pretty interesting. But back then Ui and her friends were really overflowing with determination huh. Weaving Iroha's ascendance with Ui and friends determination to find a way to save her was a nice narrative choice. The girls despite being isolated really had access to quite a lot of data. The transformation for Ui and her friends really was pretty unique. Its unfortunate that their plan while made with the best of intentions ended up backfiring as a result of the amount of impurities that existed within the town. Touka forgetting Ui and seeing her new form as an asset to be used in her plan was a hard blow as well. Overall a nice return to the series that provided a lot of expansion of the narrative by showing what Ui and her friends did that created the crisis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2022 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
So that's how Ui and rest rest screwed it up, poor UI had to be the required sacrifice and it is pretty sad how Touka forgot her, in her mind everything was a success with no cost.
Apr 3, 2022 10:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well, this is definitely sad for Ui :/
Apr 3, 2022 1:11 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah, poor Ui... So the trio managed to outsmart Kyubei after all.
Apr 3, 2022 10:11 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I almost forgot this mess of an adaptation isn't over yet.

So that's how things went to shit, huh? Poor Ui tho.
Apr 5, 2022 3:55 PM

Oct 2007
sad what happened to Nemu, Touka, and Ui.. they only wanted to help Iroha. I'm also surprised to know that Chelation Land was created with good intentions in mind.

Apr 6, 2022 7:38 AM

May 2018
Finally I understand a little what is going on xD
Apr 6, 2022 7:39 AM

May 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Ep just finished on Tokyo MX.

I figured they'd have to show the truth behind the disappearance of Ui at some point in this final season but i didn't expect it to be first up. I'll need the subtitles to fully understand everything but from what I could make out, Iroha became a magical girl to save Ui and that led to the four then coming up with the plan to save her. However, in the process, the plan failed and Ui became a witch removing all trace of her existence except for the bookworm girl.

I thought it might be okay watching this without subtitles but there's just too much exposition to comprehend, lol.

watching a shaft adaptation without subtitles was your first mistake XD
Apr 6, 2022 2:43 PM
Mar 2015
Wishing is always the losing move
Apr 7, 2022 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
The Beginning of this Story.

Before the Event Iroha was a Skillful Magical Girl by the looks of the fight against the Witch and was acting Solo. Even when she was cornered by the witch She didn't lose her Cool but came up with a Plan to Deceive the Witch and kill it in the end.

When there was nothing but an Empty shell left of Kyuubey, serves him right but Kyuubey and his kind deserves way Worse.

Thought so that the little Kyuubey was Ui,
poor Girl all because she wanted to save her Sister... who saved her first.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 14, 2022 9:16 AM

Nov 2015
I'm not too into this series but one thing I don't get it: Could Kyuubey refuse to grant wishes? Because if that the case then the trio plan will fail from start
Apr 15, 2022 9:02 AM

Aug 2018
Nice to see, how times in hospital were between girls..
So the girls wanted to save Iroha, that's the setting.. From becoming witch.. Collecting energy for some reason went wrong for Ui, not sure, for which reason.. Something something, you can't just collect negative energy, apparently, without also being affected by it.. Kind of a question for me, but ok..
Apr 24, 2022 3:16 AM

Jun 2017
first half of this episode was really conceptually cool; one of the few times in Magia Record where I more or less keenly watched with interest. Parts like these make me further believe that Magia Record has a lot of cool concepts (& designs) that a more boundless and competent pair of hands could have made a lot good use of
May 9, 2022 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
GreatAide said:
first half of this episode was really conceptually cool; one of the few times in Magia Record where I more or less keenly watched with interest. Parts like these make me further believe that Magia Record has a lot of cool concepts (& designs) that a more boundless and competent pair of hands could have made a lot good use of

Yeah I really enjoyed this episode too, made me a lot more interested than season 2 as a whole did.
I'll hold the optimism until finishing it but this was a nice change.
May 24, 2022 3:51 PM

Nov 2020
I'm really late finally getting to this, but while I overall like that a lot of mysteries were finally explained straight away, honestly a lot could have been cut from season 1 and 2, and combined with this finale all as one thing and would probably have been a much stronger production. From season 1's meandering, to the latter parts of S2 starting to fall apart and weirdly having many technical issues, I think it's a shame Magia Record was handled like it was; especially since conceptually I like the story of Iroha and Ui and I wanted more of an exploration into the more "standard" world of Magical Girls in the Madoka universe before this aired.

Anyway, I felt like this is one of the better episodes so I hope the other 3 episodes of the finale are just as good and it ends off on a decent note, season 2 already felt like an improvement besides the latter parts of it so I'm optimistic for the actual ending.
Jun 30, 2022 10:42 PM

Nov 2018
I was completely taken aback by the revelation
Now I understand better Nemu's melancholy, why she did remember Iroha while Touka didn't, and also why Nemu wasn't exactly on the same page with Touka.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Sep 5, 2022 11:39 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Finally some backstory for this show and Ui's disappearance. It was about time. Nevertheless good episode, it was nice to see the four of them get along like that.
Jan 22, 2023 7:24 AM

Sep 2016
Nemu, Touka, and Ui are the only Madoka's Magical Girls with more than 2 brain cells for asking actual legit questions. Their plans still backfired, but this is probably the most successful they can be without straight up becoming gods.
Mar 31, 12:21 AM
Sep 2023
Direct explanation, as soon as the episode starts, pretty smart from Ui, Nemu and Touka to get the more information they could, shows the importance of a consious decision and Kyubei as epic logical explanations character as always. Pretty interesting about that mini kyubei, never saw that comming. Nice 1/4 of the finale.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2022

18 by Blueckot »»
Mar 31, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 3 Discussion

16 by Hagacchi »»
Feb 16, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final Season - Asaki Yume no Akatsuki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

89 by Fafette »»
Nov 26, 2023 10:39 AM

» End credits scene confusion

redpanda_42 - Oct 7, 2023

3 by Mybussycindyitsb »»
Oct 9, 2023 6:59 PM

» Homura's magic

LeonLanford - Apr 24, 2022

3 by LeonLanford »»
Apr 25, 2022 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.