Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2022 3:54 PM
Mar 2021
I love how cute Aharen-san is and how she is midful yet oblivous,
the anime reminds me of tanaka-kun wa Itsumo kedaruge

Defenitly gonna be a seires to look forward to in the future,
Apr 1, 2022 4:01 PM
Nov 2021
i never get my hopes up but the first ep i really enjoyed it
Apr 1, 2022 4:07 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode. Greninja.
Apr 1, 2022 4:10 PM

Jan 2020
The sleeping position really got me. A great show to sit back and rewind.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 1, 2022 4:16 PM
Jul 2021
Nice decent little show so far, seems like a less-obnoxious Komi-san. The way they got to the point of talking to each other was pretty contrived though; after getting the "cold shoulder" twice why didn't he try the neighbor to his right instead?
Apr 1, 2022 4:20 PM

May 2018
Can't believe that this is way waaay more fun than the overpraised Komi-san.
Those two are such weirdos.
alshuApr 1, 2022 4:26 PM
Apr 1, 2022 4:40 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like there is some mystery in this anime. Aharen says she's been talking normally this whole time and yet all of a sudden Raido can hear her fine? I wonder if they explain that eventually.

Still a very good start. Cute, Funny, and very interesting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2020
I liked this, but it just felt like a few shorts jammed together. I don't have a problem with this, it's just that it doesn't really feel really connected.
Very cute and relaxing first episode!
Apr 1, 2022 4:54 PM

Sep 2018
This reminded me of how a couple of my younger cousins would cling onto me like that often lol. Pretty adorable episode and great voice casting of the main MCs.
Apr 1, 2022 5:12 PM
Mar 2022
I think the show really put a great precedence on the chemistry between these 2 characters and i am so far really enjoying it.

I am looking forward to seeing this relationship grow and I am truly enjoying the stories that are being told by the writers so far.

I also noticed that this show is going to be using some 3d animation like we have seen show in most anime in recent years BUT I think they are doing it beautifully. They are only applying that type of animation for background individuals and that is it. All the main characters and background scenery is beautifully drawn. This is how everyone should be doing it.
Apr 1, 2022 5:33 PM
Nov 2020
Why doesn't Raido just ask her out? Aharen seems receptive enough and has no problems getting close from the get go.

Oh wait, that's right ...then the anime would end immediately LOL.
Apr 1, 2022 6:04 PM
Sep 2021
Series, the proposal of this anime is very different, I've never seen such closeness and distance, but I'm curious about the next episode and after that I'll decide if I keep watching
Apr 1, 2022 6:05 PM

Aug 2020
First thing I realized as I watch the episode is this might be the relaxing and wholesome anime of Spring 2022. The minute we got into the episode, Raido introduced himself then missed Aharen's introduction. And that was the start of Raido interacting with Aharen a lot of times. As it progress, the two slowly became close to each other. It has some comfy vibes with the mix of comedy. A perfect show for relaxing. Great episode 1, I was impressed and I keep thinking it was like Komi-san can't communicate.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 1, 2022 6:28 PM
Aug 2016
5/5
One of the cutest anime I have ever watched. In the anime info genre is only comedy but there is a hint of romance to it. Super chill anime. Cant wait for the next episode to air.
Apr 1, 2022 6:33 PM
Nov 2021
I thought I'd hate it but it had my attention for the length of the episode, not my typical style but I enjoyed it.
Apr 1, 2022 6:41 PM

Mar 2016
And here's my purifying anime to end my fridays for the next three months, love everything from this show. The pair remembered me the chemistry of Tanaka-kun is Always Listless main duo. Whatever this has to come, bring it!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 1, 2022 6:46 PM

Mar 2018
For how dumb it is, I can't help but laugh at the jokes LMAO.

After credits scene was class.

Inori Minase's voice is so calming.
Apr 1, 2022 7:18 PM
Mar 2021
i haven’t read the manga this anime seems ok. the ep felt forever long. i’m not a huge fan of it at the moment. i hope to like it more as the weeks pass.
Apr 1, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2016
Lol. Practically Komi-san can't communicate but the cute loli version.

Now seriously, this was such a cute start. The interactions between Reina and Raidou are truly enjoyable to watch and man, I swear I can't help but keep comparing Reina to a puppy with just how clingy she acts towards Raidou. She's so adorable ♥
Apr 1, 2022 7:31 PM
Oct 2021
yukisoiu said:
That 20-minute episode felt like an hour. So far, both of our protag's extremely bland and conventional, made unbearable by the ridiculous amount of monologue and dead air. Comedy is annoying with the desperate slapsticks. Not to mention the already two recycled frames in just the first episode. But I guess it's not the worst I've seen, and that's just rom-com for you. I'll most likely see where it goes and stick with it for the meanwhile.

Just by looking through your favorites it's already reassuring that this is not going to be your cup of tea. Also the story ain't deep, it's just some repetitive humor and such.
Apr 1, 2022 7:31 PM

Aug 2020
Pretty cute looking anime, got a few chuckles out of it as well. Aharen reminds me of Hinamatsuri because of the way her head is drawn lol.

Though I may start to get bored if it becomes too formulaic.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Apr 1, 2022 7:49 PM

Mar 2020
Finally it's animated!!!! Ughh Raidou-kun and Aharen-chan!!! I can't stop laughing and adore this two.

Btw there's a lot of amazing shows this spring. I just can't I just... I'm so happy.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 1, 2022 7:56 PM

Jan 2021
The plushy scene was funny
Apr 1, 2022 8:28 PM

Jun 2021
This was kind of...... boring.

To be fair, I think this could get good once other characters are introduced. However, the story with just Aharen and Raidou was painfully uninspiring.
Apr 1, 2022 8:29 PM

Feb 2020
I know I'm gonna enjoy this every week. Just a super fun show to relax to. Looking forward for more :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2022 8:31 PM

Nov 2020
Great 1st episode, I'm really enjoy every second of this anime.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Apr 1, 2022 8:44 PM
Mar 2019
Sold me on the Promo Pic.
I laughed, I smiled & I enjoyed.
Good start.
Apr 1, 2022 8:54 PM

Jun 2021
All I will say is this.

No harm shall come to this smol baby. I will do everything in my power to ensure this smol baby is protected. I will go to war to ensure this smol baby is kept safe. I am prepared to die a thousand deaths if it meant this smol baby was allowed to live a rich and prosperous life.

All jokes aside, I think I'm going to like this show. Aharen is sort of like an anti-Komi. Also, the straight laced no nonsense male lead is a breath of fresh air for these types of shows.
Apr 1, 2022 9:05 PM
Jan 2021
Wonder how they are going to spice this up. 1 Episode of "can't communicate" jokes and it has already pushed towards too much for me personally. Well, I hope the next characters can add some flair to it or its moving in a different direction than that alone
Apr 1, 2022 9:11 PM

Oct 2018
This was way better than I thought it would be. It's full of the kind of comedy I'm into, and I love the dynamic between the two main characters. The art and animation is pleasing and well-produced (besides some of the 3D background characters looking awkward), especially the OP. And it has Minase Inori. I can't wait for next week.
Apr 1, 2022 9:12 PM

Feb 2021
A very enjoyable first episode. I can see myself anticipating new episode every week. I'm usually not into small female characters, but Aharen is so cute. I like Raidou's tsukkomi; they are short but spot on.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 1, 2022 9:13 PM
Mar 2022
The first episode was really good
Apr 1, 2022 9:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh my that was super cute and hilarious at the same time :'D The whole episode got me going either LOL or awwww. It's fun seeing two deadpanned leads. Love the ending, I forgot Hakoniwa Lily was doing the song, so when I heard the voices, it was a nice surprise~

Okay, but that after credits scene slightly worries me a bit. Hopefully that character won't be over protective of Aharen or something (to an annoying degree).
Apr 1, 2022 9:52 PM

Aug 2018
This was one I was looking forward to this season.
I liked it a lot, it's funny and Aharen-san is adorable. Also Inori Minase's voice suits her very well.
The opening and ending are good.
Apr 1, 2022 10:07 PM

Feb 2014
Aharen looks like Princess Aurora from Maoujou de Oyasumi, both voiced by Minase Inori
Apr 1, 2022 10:09 PM

Oct 2016
Very strong start. Loved the subtlety and care around how two introverted people communicate. Also cute as all heck and has a banging OP. Raidou-kun is very much a literally me character too.
Trying out (almost) every anime that airs each season since 2018.
Apr 1, 2022 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
not the biggest fan of this new trend of giant boy and small girl for comedy duo's but like senpai is annoying this seems to be on the more cute wholesome side of things and damn i got more laughs than something like komi-san in just this episode that triple take got me good

what the hell is this creature is right in describing Aharen
Apr 1, 2022 11:00 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty cute. I had no idea what the series was about so it was a surprise seeing what the characters were like tbh. But I like it and I hope it can continue well

Apr 1, 2022 11:20 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Man I am such a sucker for this shit. I have to go get my blood sugar tested now...

This is already multiple steps up from the only other thing I remember from this studio, which was Otherside Picnic. Not that they're really comparable at all, but whatever. Had no expectations going in, was not disappointed at all. Love it.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 1, 2022 11:31 PM

May 2020
That was a cute start to the series. Raidou really had no idea what he was getting into with Aharen. The paper communication was pure comedy and uncontrollable at one point lol. A lot of moments had cracked a good laugh in me. Well, this series is one that I'll sit through, seems like a perfect watch after a long day of work. Spring season is already looking so much more refreshing than the last bland season.

Also the ending, do we have a yandere there Oo.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 1, 2022 11:44 PM

Apr 2021
Inorin as Aharen Reina, I love it! Is it just me or the first episode feels way longer even it's just like the regular ones?

OP and ED are both good and cheerful, it's a total plus! Then we have our mains, Raidou and Aharen, those two oddballs are so cute together. they already look like a couple in just a few days after their class started lmao.

Anw, I can definitely see that this will be a therapy show of the season.

Apr 1, 2022 11:57 PM

May 2009
Chino should be always voiced by Chino
Judging from ED anime will definitely adapt camping trip so chapter 54 included
Apr 1, 2022 11:59 PM
Mar 2021
I'm going to get diabetes from this show, lol.

anyway I'm 100% sold on this show now. Aharen seems pretty autistic, lol. Like, she's unable to properly judge distance, bad at reading social situations and cues, does a lot of downright weird things that she doesn't understand to even be weird unless it's directly communicated to her, and so on.

also I love how Raidou just accepts her weirdness and lets her be herself. he's kinda cool.
Apr 2, 2022 12:22 AM
Apr 2021
for new episode, new season the comedy and romantic is very fresh 😅
Apr 2, 2022 12:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite a nice school the cast attend at. The contrast of the sakura blossoms in full bloom with the start of the new school year really was perfect. Gotta give Raido credit for effort though despite Aharen's reluctance to speak. Still it was cute seeing them share a book while giving both the first real opportunity to interact. The look that she gave when Raido merged their desks together though was priceless. Still Raido's determination really is impressive as the methods he attempts as well. Looks like Aharen's a regular at the arcade lol. But thats some talent she has with the cranes. While troublesome the effort made into making lunch for Raido really shows the change that their bond is going through. Overall a really enjoyable opening ep that introduced a very curious pair of characters and the struggles that both go through as they start a new chapter in life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2022 12:59 AM
Jan 2018
The part where she started head butting him almost had me rolling XD . Got a good giggle out of that
Apr 2, 2022 1:10 AM

Nov 2015
actually better than the manga in my opinion. they get the timing just right. this is so good!
Apr 2, 2022 1:15 AM

Mar 2015
I love the odd ball characters. Very funny and cute so far.
Apr 2, 2022 1:16 AM

Apr 2020
Didn’t expect the ending theme to be 2017.
Overall, I really love this anime so far!
Nina supporter for life💕
Apr 2, 2022 1:25 AM
Dec 2021
Posiblemente sea el anime purificador de la temporada. Un opening brillante, una comedia tranquila pero efectiva y dos personajes con mucho potencial. Muy bueno.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

143 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

NekOniiChan - Jun 17, 2022

160 by HornyMushroom »»
Apr 2, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2022

102 by EdenScholar »»
Mar 16, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

81 by SaikatBairagi »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

109 by SaikatBairagi »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.