Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2022 9:30 AM

Sep 2020
So hear me out. Everything about this anime is just *chefs kiss*. I’m not really fan of shoujo (the anime's genre is iyashikei I didn't know what it was when I wrote this comment) and I don’t think I ever will but seeing these three girls just enjoying life, normally put me in ease. Every time she smiles I smile too. And the anime, it feels so real. Hardships of normal life, just enjoying life..

And it is just that positive I don’t think I ever felt this good (?) after watching something. Definitely worth my time.
Bartu55555Apr 3, 2022 7:06 AM
Mar 30, 2022 9:38 AM

Oct 2021
Bartu55555 said:
So hear me out. Everything about this anime is just *chefs kiss*. I’m not really fan of shoujo and I don’t think I ever will but seeing these three girls just enjoying life, normally put me in ease. Every time she smiles I smile too. And the anime, it feels so real. Hardships of normal life, just enjoying life..

And it is just that positive I don’t think I ever felt this good (?) after watching something. Definitely worth my time.

thats totally understandable, everyone's got a taste of their own and someone not liking something doesn't mean the other has no right to appreciate it.. I generally view every anime as an art of its own for different types of people.. this may not have been a chef's kiss for me but it was very beautiful and relaxing that I gave it a 9/10 .. however the way you perceive and enjoy it is all that matters .. that's why I never watch animes based on high or low scores and just see what seems to interest me or I feel like I'd enjoy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2020
mWadie said:
Bartu55555 said:
So hear me out. Everything about this anime is just *chefs kiss*. I’m not really fan of shoujo and I don’t think I ever will but seeing these three girls just enjoying life, normally put me in ease. Every time she smiles I smile too. And the anime, it feels so real. Hardships of normal life, just enjoying life..

thats totally understandable, everyone's got a taste of their own and someone not liking something doesn't mean the other has no right to appreciate it.. I generally view every anime as an art of its own for different types of people.. this may not have been a chef's kiss for me but it was very beautiful and relaxing that I gave it a 9/10 .. however the way you perceive and enjoy it is all that matters .. that's why I never watch animes based on high or low scores and just see what seems to interest me or I feel like I'd enjoy

Mate thank you for your response. It was hell of a journey for me. I hope everyone can enjoy this piece as much as me. As you said it is about how you perceive it. But after thinking about your response I thought yes this dude is absolutely right, we watch anime for enjoyment first. So while watching it you gotta enjoy it. Thank you.
Mar 30, 2022 9:58 AM

Oct 2021
I have to agree with you
This one indeed is a piece of art , I've watched some iyashikei genre anime like non non biyori and a few others but this one felt totally different, there wasn't much talking and it seemed very realistic and that's something I can always appreciate .. the art style .. the use of colours .. overall it's a wholesome story

I've heard that if you enjoyed Super Cub you should watch "One off" .. I think it's used as an advertisement for Honda motorcycles so it could be a bit similar in that regard , I haven't watched it yet but you could consider it in case you missed super cub , that one is also only 4 eps so it's not that long .. make sure to check it out
mWadieMar 30, 2022 10:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2020
It’s time for a rewatch
Mar 30, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2020
actually it's more of a yashikei rather than shojo and anime that lies in this genre generally tends to be very soothing and healing and yeah it was a great one tbh I'd like to give it a rewatch...thanks for reminding me
Mar 30, 2022 10:24 AM

May 2021
Yeah, Super Cub is pretty good.

Mar 30, 2022 10:51 AM
Aug 2020
Bartu55555 said:

Yeah it was fine but I personally prefer Yuru camp, uchuu yori mo tooi basho, or Non non biyori (animes with the same vibe)
Mar 30, 2022 11:05 AM

Jul 2020
I also really love this show, the only similar show that I enjoyed more was Hyouka.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Mar 30, 2022 3:47 PM

Dec 2020
LOL yeah this was definitely one of my favs too. few last eps were kinda 🙁 for me but not so much as to erase all the positive energy i got from it before. it was suchh a nice show to look forward to every week
Mar 30, 2022 5:35 PM
Feb 2022
Couldn't agree more. This is the one time that I'm glad I tried watching an anime randomly. Super Cub surprised me a lot and got me into Iyashikei anime.
Mar 30, 2022 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
Bartu55555 said:

Thank you so much for making this thread cuz I couldn’t agree more. I showed this to my friends and they just thought it was “boring” cuz they couldn’t appreciate the wholesomeness and happiness that can be derived from watching a few anime girls normally enjoying their lives.
Mar 30, 2022 9:46 PM

Nov 2019
Bartu55555 said:

Yeah, thank you for sharing your subjective opinion. We have been in lack of them for ages.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 30, 2022 9:48 PM
Aug 2021
Understandable, have a nice day
Apr 1, 2022 2:07 AM
Oct 2017
Check out the manga too if you want. It has some extra/ skipped content. I liked the anime better but this is nice too
Apr 3, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2020
mWadie said:
I have to agree with you
This one indeed is a piece of art , I've watched some iyashikei genre anime like non non biyori and a few others but this one felt totally different, there wasn't much talking and it seemed very realistic and that's something I can always appreciate .. the art style .. the use of colours .. overall it's a wholesome story

I've heard that if you enjoyed Super Cub you should watch "One off" .. I think it's used as an advertisement for Honda motorcycles so it could be a bit similar in that regard , I haven't watched it yet but you could consider it in case you missed super cub , that one is also only 4 eps so it's not that long .. make sure to check it out

%100 agreeing with you
Also thanks for your recommendation :) I will definitely check it out.
Apr 3, 2022 7:04 AM

Sep 2020
Jayanthlovesanim said:
actually it's more of a iyashikei rather than shojo and anime that lies in this genre generally tends to be very soothing and healing and yeah it was a great one tbh I'd like to give it a rewatch...thanks for reminding me

you are welcome
as I said I am not much familiar with female MCcs so I just said shoujo. Its my first time hearing about a genre called yashikei but thanks for telling me it(the genre) really looks like my thing

For people who don't know: Iyashikei (癒し系) is a genre specific to Japanese works, primarily manga and anime. It is a sub-genre of slice of life, portraying characters living out peaceful lives in calming environments, and is intended to have a healing effect on the audience. The word iyashikei could mean "healing type" or just "healing" in Japanese.
Bartu55555Apr 3, 2022 7:08 AM
Apr 3, 2022 7:09 AM

Sep 2020
Akiradiarra said:
Bartu55555 said:

Yeah it was fine but I personally prefer Yuru camp, uchuu yori mo tooi basho, or Non non biyori (animes with the same vibe)

I will definitely check them out
Apr 3, 2022 7:12 AM

Sep 2020
triplepsycho said:
I also really love this show, the only similar show that I enjoyed more was Hyouka.

Hyouka was really really good. One of my fav animes of all time. I watched it more than 3 times which is a lot for me because I never come back to an anime after watching it(NGE not included).
Apr 3, 2022 7:16 AM

Sep 2020
lizzziziz said:
LOL yeah this was definitely one of my favs too. few last eps were kinda 🙁 for me but not so much as to erase all the positive energy i got from it before. it was suchh a nice show to look forward to every week

Yes.... I won't say they were bad but they weren't positive enough???? Don't get me wrong I don't think it was any kind of bad and I enjoyed this anime's every bit but yes there was something missing.
Apr 3, 2022 7:20 AM

Sep 2020
Count_PeSaka said:
Couldn't agree more. This is the one time that I'm glad I tried watching an anime randomly. Super Cub surprised me a lot and got me into Iyashikei anime.

Same goes for me too. If you have any recommendations on it I would happily watch them :)
Apr 3, 2022 7:25 AM

Sep 2020
-illregretthis- said:
Bartu55555 said:

Thank you so much for making this thread cuz I couldn’t agree more. I showed this to my friends and they just thought it was “boring” cuz they couldn’t appreciate the wholesomeness and happiness that can be derived from watching a few anime girls normally enjoying their lives.

I never thought myself enjoying watching anime girls doing normal things either but I am really glad I watched it. And do not fear mate we are all gathered here to appreciate this wholesome anime 🙏
Apr 3, 2022 7:29 AM

Sep 2020
shawin28 said:
Check out the manga too if you want. It has some extra/ skipped content. I liked the anime better but this is nice too

I actually started by reading the novel. Sadly I could only found the translation for vol 1. But anyway I will absolutely going to check the manga too.
Apr 3, 2022 7:41 AM

Jul 2020
Bartu55555 said:
triplepsycho said:

Hyouka was really really good. One of my fav animes of all time. I watched it more than 3 times which is a lot for me because I never come back to an anime after watching it(NGE not included).
Wow, that’s quite a lot! I’ve never rewatched a series more than once yet, but Hyouka is one of the ones I rewatched because it was so good.

Apr 17, 2022 4:16 AM
Dec 2018
triplepsycho said:
Bartu55555 said:

Wow, that’s quite a lot! I’ve never rewatched a series more than once yet, but Hyouka is one of the ones I rewatched because it was so good.

At one point in my life, I used to watch Madoka Magica every weekend. Some anime are really that good, and it differs for person to person.
Apr 17, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2020
salarx said:
triplepsycho said:

At one point in my life, I used to watch Madoka Magica every weekend. Some anime are really that good, and it differs for person to person.
That’s true. I love rewatching but I’m afraid that if I rewatch something too often the novelty will wear off. If that wasn’t a worry, there are some things I would be coming back to every month.

May 11, 2022 11:58 PM
May 2022
I love Koguma's character development, from unmotivated to happy girl. Her changes also not too drastic so it feels realistic.
Oct 29, 2022 6:52 PM
Dec 2015
I liked this anime because it feels nostalgic. I was pretty unhappy and lonely, started riding motorcycles and had some really awesome adventures, sense of freedom, and met a lot of kind strangers. I feel like a lot of the issues people take is the correlation of "if I buy a super cub it will change my life", but since I lived a story that is similar in some ways (but of course, I'm not in an anime, so it's always going to be exaggerated) I can accept it. To me, it's actually pretty reasonably accurate.
Jan 26, 2023 5:27 PM

May 2022
pipikapikachuh said:
I love Koguma's character development, from unmotivated to happy girl. Her changes also not too drastic so it feels realistic.
Of course! That is the whole point of the story, after all. So many of us casual viewers think this is just about cute girls on motorcycles, or that it is just an advert for Honda. But this is, of course, a classic coming-of-age story, and an iyashikei story. It is possible for something to exist in more than one of our silly genres or categories. Iyashikei is both a noble and well intentioned movement in art and literature; and it is a marketing category that exists in a capitalist entertainment industry. Super Cub may serve as a part of Honda's ads coinciding with the 100 millionth Cub being sold. (Yuru Camp is one in-your-face ad after another and completely intertwined in the outdoor recreation and tourism industry in Japan.) But these connections with real companies and the real economy of the motorcycle industry, are reduced to nothing in the light of a beautiful story about beautiful characters in a very real place in Yamanashi prefecture.

Remember that "Koguma" translates as "Bear Cub". This story is about her, not about a little motorcycle. Her miraculous recovery from a poor, abandoned child without family, friends, or money, and her blossoming into an independent young adult capable of taking care of herself, is an awesome story that inspires us all. 

This is the first anime I ever re-watched immediately, and I loved it just as much the second time. It's also the first anime I've ever purchased as a DVD. 

I hope more people will watch and enjoy Super Cub. Perhaps if it is presented as a young girl's coming of age story, a story of friendship between girls where motorcycles are just a thematic device, maybe a wider audience will be inspired by Super Cub and the small moments of beauty in each episode of this little masterpiece.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2021

113 by Neezam2024 »»
Apr 8, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

105 by KoreNore »»
Mar 28, 2:07 PM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub?

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

49 by BoltPosts »»
Mar 11, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

125 by hoanghyun »»
Feb 18, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2021

277 by N_Hawke »»
Feb 16, 4:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.