Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love of Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2022 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
The imposter Ryang-ha betting on his survival against young Donny, while the real Ryang-ha being shot by the traumatized Chateau, things are not going well and etching one after the other.

With the conundrums of the flashbacks, this case is blown wide open: the imposter Ryang-ha being able to recover, but the real Ryang-ha with Chateau's shot, succumbed to his death shortly, leaving her abandoned. And it's with this notion that the imposter took his real name, and with the inclination of the police officer-in-charge, telling him to forget all that's happened. The butterfly metaphor of "death", nice case use here.

It's obvious that Chateau was fear-struck, but beginning to understand her past's plight, while the imposter Ryang-ha tries to play it off nicely by comforting her, knowing well of his past with the real person. And now, Chateau wants to hire Ryang-ha, not knowing that this would create more dire consequences going forward, but would help to save her friends and family from this ordeal.

And with that, she's finally put free from her oppression, and decides to work with Ryang-ha to eliminate Donny and his ilk. That story, shall be continued in the manga.

Overall, while the adaptation is good, the production clearly is the anime's weakness.
Mar 30, 2022 8:37 AM
Mar 2021
The only thing I’m thing about is Jim and Nikka and I wanna know what is going to happen.

The ending was good and now Chateau and Ryang-ha want to take down Donny.

Also Donny was talking to some and called him “Mr. Noble” so I’m thinking it’s Chateaus’ relative or something.

I like this anime and the op was good, I might want to read the manga and see if it worth going farther into the story.
Mar 30, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2019
The finale was… ok if not anticlimactic. This show had some bright spots, I thought episodes 8-11 were solid, but it was just bang average most of the way. I kinda liked the concept but think it could have been executed better. I definitely respect the originality.

6/10.
Mar 30, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2020
To be honest this didn't really feel like a finale or anything, or not even something on the lines of an open ending or whatever term there is.

Backstory part was kinda interesting if I say, but still them dragging that up until the last two episodes might be the reason. Rest was hit-or-miss for the most part, so I guess I'm not really bothered or anything with this end.
Mar 30, 2022 9:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And that brings us to the end of what has been a fairly average show, in all honesty. Idea-wise, I think the show definitely had something going for it. But execution wise, it was iffy at best. Dragging out the backstory slightly killed it for me too, I guess I'd appreciated this more had it been a 10-episode season.

In any case, the ED was nice though. Interesting reveal that the antagonist seems to be working under a "Mr. Noble". Is that a fallout in the family I see?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 30, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2016
idk what to say about this one. 6/10 boring. nothing special whatsoever.
Mar 30, 2022 11:22 AM

Feb 2019
This wasn't what I expected from the first announcement, and I was looking forward to it after it was announced.

Then the first few episodes showed me it wouldn't be what I expected, so I changed my expectations, and those expectations were very low. In the end, it wasn't even what I expected after the first few episodes.

I am not sure if that non-ending is a ploy to make viewers go read the manga, or if it is a hope for a second season.
Mar 30, 2022 1:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well we got more info about his backstory but nothing truly interesting, it's just added details, though that final scene with Chateau was pretty good, of course we knows what he truly wants from her xD that was a kind of guilty pleasure show I suppose, nothing impressive but still a fine watch overall, 6/10
Mar 30, 2022 3:59 PM

Nov 2019
Nice way to tie up the backstory

Chateau and Ryang-ha moments pretty much sums up what this episode was about

I'll be sure to check out the manga since the plot is nice, but there's a lot going wrong in the anime, a 6/10 from me
Mar 30, 2022 4:41 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. i really liked the mc, so handsome!!!!!
Mar 30, 2022 5:41 PM

Feb 2020
this guy has like too many names. Tho it doesn't rival other characters with the longest names.

a good wrap-up to this series. not bad of an anime. Still wasn't too keen on their relationship (it did feel quite toxic), but they both have their reasons in the story which does make it a little more bearable. Would like to know more about the original Ryang-ha's family-ish whatever, that was going on. id assume they go more into depth about them.
Mar 30, 2022 5:52 PM
Sep 2021
Softhenic03 said:
To be honest this didn't really feel like a finale or anything, or not even something on the lines of an open ending or whatever term there is.

Backstory part was kinda interesting if I say, but still them dragging that up until the last two episodes might be the reason. Rest was hit-or-miss for the most part, so I guess I'm not really bothered or anything with this end.

that's because its not finished lol, theres still a lot more source material following episode 12 bruh
Mar 30, 2022 6:48 PM

Jul 2021
I'm sorry for being off rude or anything just don't bother reading this but my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. First off, the manga is a lot more of a superior medium than the anime, and the ending... Come on, you can't end off like that... Man, I was about to give up on this show because the 1st half was so goddamn slow or even worse they cut out few scenes that were better to be adapted but then again the second half did a turn around and picked up real nicely, but with the disappointment in terms of the garbage animation which creates a less better impact on the character development and worldbuilding, made my enjoyable not a fulfill experience but it was pain all the way through. 2/10, Goodbye I'm not even asking for a season 2 right now.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 30, 2022 7:40 PM

Jun 2021
From here on out thing are about to get good.
Mar 30, 2022 11:05 PM

Dec 2020
ahh they ended it there. end of ryangha's backstory, real ryangha dead, and chateau remembering everything. except for the fact that she never knew that the ryangha she knows rn was with her back then.

things were def slow but ep 8-11 have been rly fun. i think they'd do better if this were to get another season, considering the arcs that are in the manga

good job to everyone who worked on this:D especially that op though. damn im obsessed with it
Mar 31, 2022 3:26 AM
Jan 2017
little Chateau-chan is bad girl..
the final eps is pretty good reveal the true identity of ryangha dan i feel sad for the real ryang ha died very tragically by little girl ,,
remembering to mikasa from attack on titan,, and make Chateau very trauma with this,,
but some of mystery still unreveal like mr.noble and why make him is very important to donny gang,,
4/10
Mar 31, 2022 3:48 AM
May 2021
really liked this past arc and the character development of chateue. But still lots of things remaining to be solved, like the conflict with mafia and all. idk when season 2 will come 😐. I will give 8/10 to season 1 👍🏻
Mar 31, 2022 4:01 AM

Oct 2016
I enjoyed it overall, I heard that in terms of adaptation, this was good enough, but the production definitely brought it down. Still, it got me interested in the series as a whole and I plan on continuing where the anime left off in the manga.

Respect to OG Ryang Ha though, got Chateau to safety with a hole in his neck. I give the show a solid 7/10
Mar 31, 2022 4:11 AM
Mar 2021
I am sad they cut the anime in that part because next arc, Chateau's past will revealed more and it bring more conclusion than cut it here. I think 1-2 more episodes is enough.
Mar 31, 2022 6:38 AM

May 2018
ok episode. Overall not so good though. The last episodes were not enough to redeem the start. The 'love love' hijinks are played down a lot towards the end.

4/10
Mar 31, 2022 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet jumping jacks!! They clearly tease a next season but will we ever get one!! Damn, I loved this show as well but with not even a hint of conclusion to a story I'm most upset!!! great eps though as all the threads running through this season came together nicely.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 31, 2022 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
That doesn't felt like an endng...
Let there be light...
Mar 31, 2022 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
As expected with how the last couple of episodes have been going - there really wasn't really going to be a "conclusion" to anything. They even threw in a "Mr. Noble" at the very end only for this show to, very likely, not get a second season *insert upside down smiley face." Would like there to be a second season to see how it ends but it's probably not getting one.

All in all, taking out the non-conclusive ending, I did quite like this show. It's not for everyone but I have a soft spot/guilty pleasure for anime like this so I enjoyed it. Backstory was nice and emotional for myself, personally. Ending of episode 11 really had me waiting for this episode to come out and I'm not mad with how it ended. Perhaps that's just me being use to a lot of shoujo/romance anime adaptations not really having a conclusive ending though (':
Apr 1, 2022 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
The only thing I have to say is that manga is superior to the anime and the ending in the anime doesn't even look like an ending.
Apr 2, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
s2 looking lit.
it's a hidden gem this kind of a show.
Apr 2, 2022 11:29 AM

Jul 2017
ngl when chateau revealed she was the one who killed the original dude I thought for sure it would reveal that song was only faking his "interest" in her but I guess that's not the case?

anywho overall this was kinda decent at times and kinda not so decent at other times. OST was really the only standout thing tbh, story it kinda feels like something is brewing but not much to talk about in this 1st season at least.

The main relationship though.............yeah that's a hard pass for me. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be intentional by the author but there really is not much given to want to support a romantic relationship between the 2, just feel like their personalities clash a bit too much to ship it ngl. All those moments where the series tried to ship them were very eh lol

how'd that autistic guy survive a headshot?/10
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

Jul 2016
Excellent plot development

9/10 for me.
Apr 3, 2022 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
the fact that the guy could "drive for a whole day while being mortally wounded" was slightly strange lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 3, 2022 1:47 PM

Sep 2007
MAN...I was at least hoping for Chateau to figure out what sort of "compensation" he really wanted out of her but she stays dense even in the finale....siiiigh...

I would be interested in a S2 but I'm not desperate for one if it never comes to fruition...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 3, 2022 11:38 PM
Sep 2020
dude the rating of this show solely lies on if there is a season 2 cause damn that was a hype set up to a season 2 if I ever saw one even as is really really good kept me guessing to the end still so many questions that I need answers to!!
Apr 4, 2022 8:12 PM

Oct 2011
I had a feeling that they were going to end it around this point but I'm wondering where it's going to go from here. There's not enough source material to adequately have a 2nd season in my opinion - finishing the current conflict won't take another 12 eps (maybe 5-6 if they stretch it) and the arc right now is not that far along from what I've read. Are they trying to push people to read the manga? (possibly.) Are they going to make an OVA? (doubtful.)

Overall I feel like the series needed to be longer to at least wrap up the current story-line, but I'm guessing from the production quality we saw there wasn't enough budget for a longer series, which is kind of a shame because the rest of the arc is pretty good. Overall I feel like it's going to have the same fate as Gansta - end on a weird spot and never be picked up again.
Apr 6, 2022 3:20 PM

May 2015
That ending is such a shame. It really feels rushed. Like we we just getting to them going out to fight the final boss then suddenly its like "Oh damn, its the last episode. We need to wrap this up" and then does a montage of the series and ends.

Overall though good series. I really liked seeing that mystery finally get revealed about how Chateau was in the car. Just a shame the romance is fully kicking off the and story was coming to a conclusion then it just ends with "Go read the f**king source material".
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 2022 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like it's not fair to score this for how big a cliff hanger they left us with. I don't think it will get a season two and honestly I don't care if it does. It just felt bland to me at times.

Like even at the end She doesn't ask him his name which would have been cool imo.

So what does Ryang-ha want? A Kiss? A Hug? SMEX? Idk

weird ending.

6.4/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2021
Excellent episode. I was sad that Ryang died in last episode but when we found out that he was alive and he drove for a whole day trying to take smol Chateau to safety in that severly wounded state just broke me, I mean he had a whole day, he could have visited a hospital but the bullet wound would have involved getting police so he just accepted his fate and tried to grant the wish of a father asking to protect his daughter.

We still don't know too much of our Song's backstory though, just that he kept different names and was beaten by some people.

That Chateau breakdown scene and Song hugging her was heart warming to watch. We even got some funny moments there.

Song and Chateau have become partners now, that's great and we all know what compensation Song wants from Chateau :D

Got some post-anime blues when the ED started playing with those scenes playing, though kinda ruined it with the post-credits, I wish they had showed the post-credits before the ED and ended the season with that ED.

Anyway, solid 5/5 episode.

Overall, I'm gonna rate this 8/10, was thinking of rating this 7/10 but the last 2-3 episodes were peak of this anime so upgraded my rating to 8.

Really hoping we get a second season.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 13, 2022 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
Well if that was the end of the anime, its a rather weak ending....more of a non ending.

Dropping this to a 7 there was fun to be had but the story just stops.
Apr 15, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2016
It was the most average anime of the season that at some point is was boring.

At least they revealed their past so I am satisfied with that.

Chateau wondering what Ryang-ha wants, it's pretty obvious that he wants her to date him...

But why end it like that? it was the most cringiest ending.

I don't know if it'll get a sequel but I definitely don't wish for it.

Overall 6/10
Rickydory123Apr 15, 2022 9:14 AM
Apr 20, 2022 3:34 AM

Apr 2020
This anime is not bad but it's just boring.
The idea of having an assassin trying to date another is really dumb and it could work as a comedy anime but the comedy is so flat that it hurts.
Giving it a 5/10 for the good animation and the bit of suspense they have with the past.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 20, 2022 6:21 PM
Sep 2020
That was surprisingly such a solid ending.

I do wish the animation quality was better throughout the season, but the plot was what kept me interested. Solid 7/10 for me :D.
May 8, 2022 4:52 AM
Feb 2022
I thought this was a great series. I'm a sucker for espionage/assassination tropes. The ending was OK but I would have liked to see a bit more resolution in the relationship. Really hope it gets picked up for a second season.
May 15, 2022 2:02 AM

Jul 2015
They really ended this on a cliffhanger fully knowing our man Jim got caught :(

Overall a mediocre show in my opinion, with the only good parts being the backstory reveal and some Song x Chateau moments.

May 19, 2022 3:54 PM
Nov 2017
I knew going into this series that the ending would most likely be open with it only having 12 eps, but come on. They still have to figure out what Donny’s whole deal is and who we was talking to near the end of ep 12. Plus I obviously wouldn’t be opposed to see the chateauXRRyang-Ha go cannon
Jun 19, 2022 6:11 AM

Nov 2018
I really enjoyed this anime, the first arc with the spider tattoo guy wasn't that good but the second half got me hooked for good.

I would hope that it continues with a second season or movie even, we can only wait.
Dec 4, 2022 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
The adaptation felt like there is something missing from the animation since I didn't read the source and the source has a much bigger score than this but at the same time, it feels like the relationship between the two main MC are really likable and interesting to see through to the end however the adaptation feels like it wasn't prepared to perfectly adapt their whole as a character...

I feel like reading the source would be a good choice.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 12, 2022 3:42 PM

May 2020
I'm gonna pretend the post credit scene never exist. What are they aiming for? Air?
Dec 25, 2022 4:08 AM
Jan 2022
So what is the real name of Ryang-Ha?
Apr 8, 4:23 PM
Jan 2024
it just ended... like no continuation or cliff hanger of anything. meh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

42 by stankosrbija1389 »»
Apr 18, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 12, 2022

119 by louminescence »»
Feb 13, 6:00 AM

» Season 2.?

Zayed_Iftekher - Aug 29, 2023

9 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 5, 12:37 PM

» Anything similar to this?

lovealyssafaith - Apr 11, 2023

17 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 2, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 19, 2022

58 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 13, 2023 11:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.