Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Police in a Pod
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
This was actually a bit of a thrilling episode with the final case this season. It did feel slightly rushed but they got a case dealing with an actual criminal rather than the standard cases.

Gotta admire Kawai for taking the risk on this case. It's never easy to put herself into danger as an officer. Not bad for a series' finale imo. Nothing ground breaking but was an entertaining show.
Mar 30, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
This sexual assault case has gone longer than expected, and capturing Criminals A and B (that is well confirmed to be Daijiro Yasuda) takes the whole police cooperation in order for this to work, even if the victim's memories are fear-mongered until the culprits are finally arrested.

And Maki took this issue into her own hands to steal one of the survelliance cars without permission and be on their way with Kawai and Yamada, though discreetly so as to not attract any attention. A good thing that they have a lead from Mai by means of a cram school that runs its classes late into the night, and these female students are easy targets for perpetrators, so all 3 officers tail one such girl if the adverse happens. Indeed, they're right on the money with Maki's alarm alert, while the unarmed Kawai chases after the armed Yasuda. Her police pride is on the line.

All of Kawai's training as a police officer is tested on the line with trying to pursue Yasuda, but Minamoto had first dibs..which Fuji clearly knows the consequences and that secret might be better off not telling Kawai about it. The Astro Brothers did the same for him and Criminal A: Shioyama, whom on the outside is the typical outstanding citzen, yet his inner, unspoken shared similar preferences with Yasuda created problems with the police, even to the point of using his own vehicle for crime. That may have been reckless for Kawai to disobey instructions, but she did a service and got commended for it. And with it, this case is finally closed, and the victim given reparation for her trauma.

The girl whom came close to resigning from the police force, now has a kin as her partner, that she finally feels she has a purpose in her job.

A very unique series that hasn't got any equal to it. It's infotainment good.
KANLen09Mar 30, 2022 8:56 AM
Mar 30, 2022 9:25 AM
Mar 2022
Wow it wrapped up pretty good. All the fuss for these last 3 ep about the incident concluded with a very good shadowing on makitaka's character as a police cop. Enjoyed the show all over these 13 weeks, a solid 8/10
Mar 30, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2011
Tense investigation completed. Great work.

I wonder if Fuji wanted to stop Minamoto or she just wanted to beat up the lowlife first. Sadly the other just got arrested.

Was a good anime to watch.
Now I need to read the manga to know if there's more about Fuji transfer backstory.
Mar 30, 2022 9:32 AM

Nov 2016
I thought it would be good to have a three parter, but the slower parts inbetween affirmed that I slightly prefer the lighthearted comedy segments. That is not to say that I didn't appreciate this series covering a wide array of incidents, crimes and the state of the people involved. On the other hand it's nice to have something so mundane. Makes Police in a Pod feel more humane and refreshing compared to it's action oriented counterparts.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2012
And so the sexual assault case 3-parter ends with success as my final anime in the winter season does as well. Excluding Cue! of course, but that's continuing into the Spring anime season. You know, in real life, and here in the States, the topic of police is a pretty touchy one. So going in I wasn't sure I'd successfully be able to disassociate that in my mind with this series in a way where I could enjoy it for what it was. But ultimately I think I succeeded in that regard. That the show was surprisingly engaging certainly made it easier, as did the obvious Japanese setting. Frankly, I know less about Japanese cops than I do US cops. But treating this series as a workplace...comedy isn't necessarily the right word, though there was plenty of that certainly....but whatever helped too. The recurring cast had a very enjoyable charisma or rapport with each other, and I felt the topics handled were fairly entertaining and engaging. I think what surprised me the most though was the look of the series. I don't watch many shows where the characters are drawn with such noticeably thicker and bolder lines. It's a pleasant visual change of pace and I found myself just really enjoying how this series looked. I won't say it was the biggest surprise of the season for me, but it was a big one as I'm gonna give it a somewhat generous 8/10, which is a high score for me. I hope we get more, sincerely.
Mar 30, 2022 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
I need a sequel. The author's original intention is to show how overwork the Japanese police is, but it end up showing many aspects of Japanese society as well. Even though this is her first (and still only) work and despite not being a classically trained-mangaka, it's good enough to win Shogakukan award. Because each topic is based on her real experience, so it's really heavy weight. I'm wondering how's her police co-workers right now, especially Yamada which she admit is a very close to her real life senpai. I hope they're not overwork anymore (or at least not as severe as the time before she quit)
Mar 30, 2022 9:46 AM

Dec 2016
Fun show when the mood was meant to be goofy and relaxed, but quite mediocre in most of the tense and darker scenes.

Can't say I liked this final arc. It felt so awfully dragged and filled with tons of padding and reused animation (Kawai's final chase and the higher ups meeting scenes are a good example of what I'm talking about). I feel that it could had easily been edited to 2 episodes and still feel fresh enough and quite concise. Personal preference if there was going to be some relief for the girl who was sexually assaulted, it would had been more proper to draw her whole face in the last scene with MakiMaki on the police parking lot, otherwise it feels like she was just a statistic prop character for this whole arc.

I'll give this show a 6.5/10 It could had been an easy 7.5 from my behalf if this last arc would've had better editing and directing.
Mar 30, 2022 10:04 AM

Feb 2021
phantomfandom said:
I need a sequel. The author's original intention is to show how overwork the Japanese police is, but it end up showing many aspects of Japanese society as well. Even though this is her first (and still only) work and despite not being a classically trained-mangaka, it's good enough to win Shogakukan award. Because each topic is based on her real experience, so it's really heavy weight. I'm wondering how's her police co-workers right now, especially Yamada which she admit is a very close to her real life senpai. I hope they're not overwork anymore (or at least not as severe as the time before she quit)

I also hope for the second season announce! It is brilliant series, very funny and serious at the same time, with its unique charm and attractiveness!!
Mar 30, 2022 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
Another solid episode to end this season. Poor Mai chan had to run with all her might once again but she did her best. Glad the case was resolved and the criminals were caught. It was sad watching the wife like that thou. The last part with Maki was sweet. Glad she her hard work paid off.

Really liked this anime, had a pretty good expectation from this and glad it was met. The balance between comedy and dark elements were really well done. Hopefully we'll get a new season someday.
Mar 30, 2022 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
The most interesting anime of this season, not sure how much it was based on reality but it certainly gave a interesting view of the Japanese police forces.
The episode itself was nice as well they managed to get the guys and save a girl in the process.
And Makita managed to help out the other girls as well.
As for Kawai she seems to have a good career ahead of her if she keeps improving at her job and learning from others.
Mar 30, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2020
At last they did catch that scumbag of a pedophile and his accomplice too, quite the hard work and some extra hours for everyone involved but it's all good as it's a job done. Mai got some spotlight too, and of course she had a fair share of contribution.

All and all a good series which certainly needs a bit more audience.
Mar 30, 2022 12:37 PM
Apr 2021
Another wholesome series ended this month. Man gonna miss this one. First I thought it's gonna be a Yuri anime but turns out is was a bait. But I still enjoyed it. Gonna miss everyone especially kawaii, she is beautiful cop 😍😍 I wouldn't mind if she arrest me for no reason 😂😂😂 anyway sayonara to everyone those who watched this anime
Mar 30, 2022 1:21 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Kawai really gave it her all on this case and of course, Minamoto came to the rescue!

Really enjoyed this show! Hope we get a season 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 30, 2022 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
It's satisfying to see the criminals in this sexual assault case finally get caught. Kawai and Makitaka should be proud of themselves for their efforts throughout the whole case. =)

Overall, this series has been rather enjoyable. The nice art style did fit with the comedy scenes really nicely, but I do like how the series didn't hold back when it came to the more darker cases and it didn't sugarcoat how tough and stressful it can be working as a police officer.

7/10 will be my final score and I hope this series get more popularity and exposure.
Mar 30, 2022 1:41 PM
Jun 2013
i will really miss this anime. It is one of the funniest animes in years and i found myself laughing like a moron every episode. i hope this gets a second season, i mean, if Madhouse can give that vampire anime a second season, then i cant see why this wont recieve one as well!
i love this anime
Mar 30, 2022 2:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It made me feel so bad to be reminded that people with a normal life and normal family could do such horrible things, it's fictional of course but I hope that these two guys will stay in jail for life, anyway the police officers did great with this catch, I love this final "arc", I didn't expect much from this anime but it was both entertaining and informing, also I will miss the characters even though they're nothing special they were still highly likable, underrated anime I would say overall. 8/10
Mar 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
Not a bad show or final episode by any means (though I do feel like this arc could have been shortened to two episodes and worked just as well), but I feel like Kawai's eagerness to tail the criminals here was completely out-of-character for her: normally, she hates every aspect of her job and laments having to do extra work, so what's different this time (besides the show obviously wanting all its main characters involved in the case)? Especially when she's complained about this whole special investigation more or less from the start.

Also, though it's consistent with her character, it bothers me that her primary motive to catch the criminal in the foot chase is to avoid being embarrassed at work rather than because she wants to stop him and the rest of them from continuing to sexually assault people.

6/10
AtavisticMar 30, 2022 2:36 PM
Mar 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Dec 2013
This show was really good, the comedy was great but when it was time to get serious it did it perfectly without being preachy, overly dramatic or just a downer of a show. The final case was really engaging and even though the culprits were caught it is bittersweet to know how many victims have to live with what happened to them some may recover mentally but how many can't is heartbreaking, it was also a nice touch to have one of the criminals be your everyday person and that is unfortunately how it goes, evil is just waiting for that tiny bit of hesitation to take root and take control.
Mar 30, 2022 2:47 PM
Mar 2011
So in the end Minamoto beat up the suspect and everybody will ignore that as if it was totally normal?

Seriously this anime has lot of problem in its morality. It display a lot of harassment and always brush it "it's comedy, it's not a problem" they even sexually harassed one of the suspect in one episode.

And the fact the manga was written by en ex-cop make even more problematic.
Mar 30, 2022 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
Glad the score for this anime went into the 7's. It was pretty good. I liked the ending, very thrilling and the characters were pretty good as well.

7.4/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 30, 2022 4:30 PM

Jul 2017
nice end to this mini arc, I think the pacing for this part was pretty nice and it was a good way to give the season a solid conclusion while also hinting at a s2

anywho overall this was kinda meh throughout. I think Kawai quite heavily carried this show with her monotone remarks, the only real comedic aspects I found to be quite funny at times. The rest of the cast maybe had 1 or 2 moments here and there but that's about all really.

story itself wasn't that bad per se, it did what it needed to and that's fine

Archer animation style/10
Mar 30, 2022 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
The author made an illustration for the series' finale:

Fingers already crossed for a second season.
Mar 30, 2022 5:57 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It’s not only the final episode, but the end of this 3-parter arc! This was a fun one, we got to see the criminals get caught, Kawai runs her guts out once again lol, Makitaka ends up inspiring the victim she helped out which in turn makes her feel better about herself, and it all ends back at the police box as Kawai and Fuji chow down on ramen, deluxe ramen as Kawai said lol.

I can safely say this was one of my absolute favorites this season, it really surprised me. Similarly to Madhouse’s show last season, “The Vampire Dies in No Time”, this one really wowed me in how good it ended up being, it hit especially hard because of my love for SoLs, and I never thought a police themed one would be so good. I loved seeing a realistic depiction of police work, and it really helped that the author of the manga was a policewoman herself, it really showed in this show. All that paired with a great art style and fun characters, it really sold it for me, without a doubt a great show, an underrated gem this season. I can also say the OP and ED were both favorites of mine this season too, we got them every episode and they are jams I tell ya. I’m very sad to see this one go but I hope we’ll see another season some day!

And with one show left for me, I can say it’s been a great season imo, I know a lot of people have been calling this one “dry” and such, but I personally really enjoyed it.
Mar 30, 2022 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
This was a pretty slow season for anime so I'm glad we got something as consistently good as this. I'd love to see a season 2 someday
Mar 30, 2022 7:26 PM

Nov 2010
So, "Dear, dad" series ended. Being a female officer in the front line should be tough. Unfortunately, it's a reality that justice without might is helpless.

Series as a whole, it's a pity that the show was just an animated comics. It was too loyal to the comics and lacked further insight and creativity.
Mar 30, 2022 10:46 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed this series, it was pretty entertaining and it gives a lot of informative scenarios on how Japanese police do their job. I am glad that Kawai got her character development as well as Miwa.

A nice anime from Madhouse this season
Generous 8/10
Mar 30, 2022 11:35 PM

Dec 2020
woah. the case ended being a lot worse than i expected. i was just furrowing my eyebrows out of disgust most of that 20 mins. the fact that one of the dudes was a normal father fugure, respectable office worker made me even more uncomfortable

kawai chasing that yasuda guy was pretty fuckin sick tho. good on her. and minamoto follow up woooo🔥🔥🔥

ending was really nice. the victim getting closure and while thanking makitaka, our main 4 memb group out for beer (though interrupted as they're enjoying it lol), and fuji recalling that 1st ep moment.

aw man im gonna miss this sm, i rly hope this gets a s2 !! great job to the author for making such a great story and all the people who made this adaptation possible !
Mar 31, 2022 5:50 AM

Oct 2016
Perfect way to end the season... With Kawai running a marathon. Man, this 3 part case was great. It's pretty scary that criminal A was just a regular salaryman, you never know who's hiding some fucked up things around you. I really hope we get a season 2. Honestly, these kinds of shows could run forever lmao, like Kawai. 8/10
Mar 31, 2022 6:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah so its really nothing to do with the previous boy. On the reenactment part its looks like there's something wrong. But in fact he's clear xd.

Though criminal A described as the worst people fell easily under an obvious awful urges trap like that. Hoping that police afro dudes punched him too. But oh well, police reputation also needed to be cleaned out from being judge as a mere rogues gallery xd.

Nice final in a span of 13 episode Kawai really get used to her duty after almost handling out her resignation. Well done girl. As expected i am enjoying this till the last. Easy 8 for me because this kind of thing just a solid very good watch. No need to explain it more.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 31, 2022 6:58 AM
May 2018
This episode is perfect finale. We have a proper end of the most intense arc. And we see some development in Kawai's character as a cop, which is the direct development from her problem in the beginning.

Hakozume is not great, but is a good example of seinen comedy series. Hope we get a sequel soon.
Mar 31, 2022 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
A very intense arc has ended, as well as a very interesting anime.

I was surprised that this anime showed in a fairly faithful way the harsh reality of those professions that rub shoulders with the most difficult versions of society, it is something that not everyone dares to show, and even less so those who dare to watch it.

I'm glad it was well received, it deserves it. I think it has elements not only to be a seinen comedy, but also elements that open up the possibility of reflection.
Mar 31, 2022 10:01 AM

Apr 2015
I liked the series, solid comedy with serious topics. Wouldn't mind a new season. 7.5/10

Also i got curious about the live action, maybe i will check any day.
Mar 31, 2022 1:03 PM

Sep 2018
One of the best series of the season, 9/10. A personal heart felt comedy/drama from an author who has lived the life depicted (although maybe some scenes are dramatized for entertainment purposes lol).
Mar 31, 2022 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
Im 99% tripping, but the voice actress of the victim reminded me of Sayu from Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. and the fact that they have both brown hair, are students and got sexually assaulted (not exactly iin Sayu's case but close) got me thinking that this is the biggest easter egg ever or it's a normal trope.
Mar 31, 2022 6:30 PM

Nov 2012
Loved the show.

The only thing I could complain about is not showing corrupt cops or stuff like that, but it was a great anime.

My Candies:

Mar 31, 2022 9:36 PM

Jul 2016
Really liked the focus Makitaka received during this mini-arc. She's a dedicated cop and I'm glad her hard work paid off in the end.

Solid finale to conclude an overall average series. The transitions from comedy to seriousness and vice versa felt jarring in most of the occasions, most of the jokes weren't really funny and Kawai's motivation to keep being a cop was never clear in my opinion.

5/10
Apr 1, 2022 2:48 AM

Jun 2019
My 186th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Apr 1, 2022 6:44 AM
Mar 2012
Nice Maki got more leads. Kawai developed thru the season & ran hard finally got praised.
Yamada still the slap magnet lol.
Not the expected from crime shows, more like Kawai's diary reality show with more trivial events that occassionally escalates.
Great va's & their humor.
Apr 1, 2022 11:25 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
And this series ends with another epic chase scene from Kawai which was kind of dangerous because the guy she was chasing was armed. She could have gotten injured or stabbed to death. It didn't matter because Minamoto flew past her and caught up to the armed suspect, but not before beating him up a little bit. Maki was taking the matters in her own hands because she was trying to get closure for the victim. It seems that Kawai has finally settled in her job now that she has done something useful as a patrol officer thanks to Fuji's encouragement. Kawai could use a little more training in stamina and situational awareness.

Overall, I'm surprised how a show like this has been under everyone's else radar as a slice of life series. This show tries to inform you about the day in the life of a Japanese patrol officer while humoring you at the same time, although some of the jokes were hit or miss. It's no secret that being a patrol officer is a thankless job, but as someone who loves crime and rescue drama's this was a fun ride. I would love to see a second season of this plus I'm curious to see how the live action version of this turned out. I also might check out the manga too.

I give this series a 7/10.
Apr 2, 2022 1:32 AM

Jun 2021
Kawai's priorities.

Good finale to what was an excellent show.

Not sure if the final case really needed a three episode arc but I was very satisfied with the ending.

I liked the characters a lot (especially Fuji) and the show excelled and switching between the comedy and more sombre moments.
Apr 2, 2022 4:36 AM

Feb 2021
Avvenirista said:
The author made an illustration for the series' finale:

Fingers already crossed for a second season.

I also hope for the second season!! it was amazing series!!
Apr 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
why does VA Kana Ichinose voices the young victim JK gurl!?
and here we thought the mastermind was the highschool boy who helped with the godawful sketch...it was still those in the sketch!!
Kawai got approved by higher-ups! nice!
5/5.

Apr 2, 2022 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
BloodyRaccoon said:
So in the end Minamoto beat up the suspect and everybody will ignore that as if it was totally normal?

Seriously this anime has lot of problem in its morality. It display a lot of harassment and always brush it "it's comedy, it's not a problem" they even sexually harassed one of the suspect in one episode.

And the fact the manga was written by en ex-cop make even more problematic.
Oh yes, certainly beating up a a pedophile rapist is totally immoral.

The lengths some people will go to portray cops as bad.
Apr 3, 2022 7:34 AM

Dec 2016
It was fun to watch. Didn't expect the assault case to be this long but Kawai had a good character development because of it.

Anyway, can't say much about this anime cuz it was really average but enjoyable.

Overall 7/10
Apr 3, 2022 6:57 PM
Feb 2022
Fue un gran anime. Kawaii ha crecido mucho como policía. Aunque comete errores, siempre se esfuerza por arreglarlos, y Fuji a pesar de ser estricta, es una buena mentora, y alguien con quien kawaii puede contar.
Apr 3, 2022 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Now that was some police brutality I can get behind. Here's hoping for a season 2 one day.
Apr 7, 2022 4:09 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, the case certainly took a longer time than I was expecting but it ended on a fitting note so I'll take it.

Kawai not refusing to give up because of her pride was funny to see. It's hard being a police officer, that's for sure. I've gained a new respect for this kind of occupation through this show, lol. Sacrificing numerous nights just to come up with ways to gather evidence and then putting it to practice like that, I'm grateful to people who work hard to maintain this.

Criminal A turned out to be an average person who just happened to be involved with a terrorist and got his life messed up. I've to feel for his family...

I'm happy for Moritaka-san. She seemed so regretful but the fact that her actions helped the victim to move forward and find a goal in life definitely lightened things up for her.

Fuji-senpai and Kawai's moment there to sign off with was brilliant.

All in all, it's been a fine series for me. Comedy-wise, I'm not often into dry jokes so much of the moments here was hit-or-miss for me. Got to say though, the show had some ridiculous references though lol.

Going to settle with a strong 6/10 for this. Wouldn't mind a second season of course.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 7, 2022 6:32 PM

Nov 2014
Other than the final 3 episodes this was an easy 7/10 for me. The final three dragged interminably so I dropped it to a 6. Overall good show.
Quality Queen.
May 3, 2022 7:02 AM

Jun 2019
Hey, it was a pretty good and fun show. I'm glad, in the end, they were able to catch the criminals. And, I'm happy for the victim girl that she was able to open up. Good show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

37 by Nnightwing »»
Aug 30, 2023 10:50 AM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

124 by RinCuk »»
May 26, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2022

45 by imjayhime »»
Apr 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2022

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Feb 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2022

39 by _kukiyomenai »»
Dec 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.