Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Once again, Wein shows that he isn't afraid of taking risks when forging important relationships between kingdoms. This episode establishes Zeno as a risk taker too. She may not look like it but the girl has guts.

Finale felt a little rushed but overall decent in nature with Ninym also getting some spotlight. Her combat abilities really shouldn't be underestimated.
Mar 29, 2022 6:59 AM

Jul 2017
The war between Soljest and Natra is inevitable with King Gruyere in charge, while Wein and Zenovia make their way to negotiate with Sirgis to turn back the tide the best they could with Delunio and Marden. It's a battle of brains and brawn.

And just like Lowa, Zeno has to fight her way to see through Sirgis's plans whose plan is to turn Marden into a land of Holies and it's luck that Wein is by her side to play truancy with Sirgis...which he finally brings up the topic of going back to his roots of selling the entirety of Natra to Delunio and not caring about anything else to lead Sirgis astray for a bluff. So that's why he purposefully let the 30,000-strong people of Mealtars be led out by his sister Falanya as refugees to test his assessment and stride, which is a diabolical but brillant test plan. Everything is going to plan as how Wein documented it.

The Natran army may have no chance facing the Soljest army and King Gruyere on their own, but all Wein knows is that once tactics are greenlit with the Delunian army, they can stop the farce in the Levetian Region once and for all. And what a surprise to see King Gryuere alive and well whom can shoulder all damage, and the true hidden winners would be both Soljest and Natra. The cat is out of the bag, and Gryuere is convinced enough of Wein's proposition...which leads him astray from selling his nation even further. Definitely felt the rush to the ending because of poor directing.

Overall, I'd thought this was fun. Definitely a lot more hearty than Realist Hero.
KANLen09Mar 29, 2022 8:00 AM
Mar 29, 2022 7:05 AM

Aug 2017
Amazing anime, very underrated and the world-building is probably the strongest part of this anime. I enjoyed it very much. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2019
Dude just losing fat for getting hurt. Wonderful.
Mar 29, 2022 8:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm thats quite the array of weapons Gruyere has on his chariot. Somehow i don't see Soljest returning land after defeating Wein's forces without asking for something. Using the threat of many mouths to feed and cloth to force Soljest's hand really was a cunning if slightly evil move. Synchronizing an army's movements with his own plans though really takes some skill to pull off. Still though things were tense at the fortress Wein's ploy sure worked wonders. In the end im glad that the brief invasion was dealt with and that relations between the powers are back to where they were before. But Wein's actions have indeed made him and Natra the talk of the continent for sure and im sure there will be plenty who will be waiting to see what he will do next. Looks like Wein's dream as ever is now up in flames as usual. Overall an excellent end to the series while leaving enough for a potential s2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2022 8:11 AM

May 2021
The finale, while a bit rushed, didn't disappoint with Wein playing the mind games against Sirigis. Reminded me of what Jotaro had done in the card game in Part 3.

They still haven't completely revealed Wein's desires(whatever he revealed to fat-but-not-really guy) though that has the effect of making me want to look forward to a new season. Or maybe I will pick the novels.

Mar 29, 2022 8:12 AM

Apr 2021
it's only been a while to get watch this good shows. Thank you for providing a good show to us! seems sad to part☺️
よろしくね!
Mar 29, 2022 8:25 AM

Jan 2017
Wein doing what he does best with his bluffing against Sirgis and war strategies against Gruyere, doesn't really feel like a season finale but it's a fine stopping point for his endeavours thus far

Did Wein just revealed his secret of wanting to sell his kingdom that got Gruyere concede, or is he secretly trying to take over the whole continent I wonder
Mar 29, 2022 8:27 AM

Jan 2012
And so Prince Wein gets out of his latest jam but finds himself back at square one regarding his larger goal, which I must say I found funny that they mentioned again here as it largely felt forgotten during much of this season. The first episode or maybe even two of this series really felt tonally different from the rest. In that episode it seemed like Wein was succeeding despite his intentions, that his overachieving was actually ruining his larger goal. Everything he planned ended up working TOO well. There was humor in that, of the wacky or absurd variety mostly, and I expected the rest of the series to be like that but it really wasn't. For the most part the rest of the series felt more like standard nation state political and military intrigue. It wasn't bad perse, but nor was it really memorable. I never really bothered to learn or keep track of character or location names because I wasn't really invested enough in the story to care to. That said it was a pleasant enough watch, and I suppose I'd probably watch more if it comes. But for what will turn out to be my 900th completed entry on here I'd have probably preferred something a bit stronger. Oh well, generous 7/10.
Mar 29, 2022 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
Once again Wein manages to pull of the impossible but his dream of living a laid back life is still far.

Was a fun watch, would like to have more of this. S2 when?
Mar 29, 2022 8:45 AM
Aug 2021
It's super good🥰
I rated 9/10
I hope going to get another season pls😞🥺🥰
Mar 29, 2022 8:47 AM
Mar 2021
i have seen people call the end rushed. i want to know their perspevtive. i loved the ending but i just want to know why others called it rushed ending. no hate btw. just curious.

also, how likely is season 2? i know that it depends on disc sales but im asking what does your anime fan intuition tells you. whether would there be a season 2?
Mar 29, 2022 8:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's weird to see Gruyere with a thin body xD well it was a fine show overall, it started strong but didn't really deliver towards the middle and the end compared to how it started, it's especially that except the two main characters all the other ones are just generic and forgettable
Mar 29, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2019
Solid tensai ouji finale. In the end I liked it a lot more than realist rebuilt the kingdom. Wein outsmarting people was very entertaining to see. Definitely felt more like promo for the LN than set up for a second season so I’ll have to check those out some time.
Mar 29, 2022 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like the title doesn't represent the contain in the anime, despite it's a very long name just like any other light novel title. The prince rarely has the idea to sell his kingdom, and we don't know if he's really serious or just a random thought.

What Prince truly wish, I'm gonna guess since I only watch the anime, I guess he want to eliminate a discrimination against Ninym's tribe (I don't remember her tribe's name, is she a new species or tribe or clan, I dont' care). But not only in his Kingdom, but in every Kingdom, everywhere he goes there must be no discrimination against Ninym. This is my guess. And he'll marry her in the end.
Mar 29, 2022 9:33 AM

May 2020
Nothing surprising he outdid everyone with this ease, though that's what the most redeeming thing this series had, Wein.

Enjoyable as a whole, and won't mind a season two though I'm not sure if this will get a one or not.
Mar 29, 2022 10:19 AM
Dec 2021
I so hope it has a second season.
Mar 29, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
I guess this was a good watch.. ofc To make the MC genius they made all other Kings and Queens idiot.. But it was worth it at the end..

We didn't really got that much Emilia screen time in the last episode so I do agree with others that it felt quite rushed.. But not in a bad sense..
Its a 7.5/10 at max.. but I won't mind looking forward to a S2 but I Extremely doubt that anime like these ever got a sequel..
Mar 29, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Wein really is a master of trickery pretending that the yellow clothes were poisoned! Once the king heard about the 800000 refugees he got very scared xD. that were Ninym struck down Gruyere very nicely also lol.

This was a great show and I hope we get a second season!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 29, 2022 12:54 PM

Oct 2018
i will not be against a 2nd season, i really apreciate this show, very funny, prince with a beautiful Nynim for back up ^^
Mar 29, 2022 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
I've enjoyed this far more than Realist hero. The animation wasn't the greatest especially in battle scenes but the characters and story were great.i would watch a season 2. 8/10
Mar 29, 2022 1:42 PM

May 2016
that last bluff was just so ridiculous. Literally no human being would ever believe that the clothes had poison on them.
the author should have wrote that better.
Mar 29, 2022 2:00 PM
Jun 2020
i am dying to know what he said but couldnt hear
someone save me
Mar 29, 2022 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
So Gruyere did not die. That surprised me but you know what, I'm glad, I actually like him. And like everyone else, I wonder what was Wein's answer to Gruyere's question about his "inner beast".

Well, this show definitely lived up to my expectations and was even funnier than I expected. And while they may not be totally comparable, I have to say that I enjoyed this one more than Realist Hero this season.

Lowa best girl! I am too weak to Nao Touyama xD. Zenovia and Ninym are close second tho. Also, it seems that Ninym is thiccer in the LN, or grows thiccer with the volumes at least haha.

I hope we can get more of this in the future.
SkyLETVApr 2, 2022 1:16 PM
Mar 29, 2022 2:35 PM
Nov 2018
I did enjoy this prescient sidebar about the war in Ukraine:
SwitchingTmprlyMar 29, 2022 2:39 PM
Mar 29, 2022 2:36 PM
Nov 2018
Of the two monarchy anime, I’d say Genjitsu shugi yuusha feels more suited for a middle school audience, and Tensai ouji more for a high school audience. The portrayal of realpolitik in Tensai ouji feels stronger than Genjitsu shugi’s, more plotting and scheming.
Mar 29, 2022 2:39 PM
Aug 2015
That plan was so idiotic, I can't believe the author made that work out perfectly. Clothes have poison on them and you believe that really?? And you are going to move 800000 of your people to enemy territory? Please carry out your stupid plan, I'm sure it will work out somehow.

I was going to give this show a 7 but because of this episode I'm giving it a 6. Use some logic in your stories, it's not that hard.
Mar 29, 2022 2:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked this finale, Wein once again went galaxy brain for this one, when he and Zenovia went to negotiate with Sirgis, the only way Wein was able to sway him to their side was to create a very big bluff, being that the yellow clothes the youth of Delunio were wearing was made with a toxin, and that paired with the timing of the report coming in, as well Wein’s convincing story of what would happen to Delunio, and also the 800,000 refugees, it all worked out and allowed Natra to defeat Soljest in battle with the help of Delunio, the scene where Ninym got the final hit on Gruyere was great, love to see her getting some action.

It ends off with Gruyere surviving the attack, being much thinner now, and Wein gives him a reason to live by explaining his “inner beast”, I do wonder what it is but I guess we won’t find out anytime soon lol, and that final scene between Ninym and Wein was great, a final showing of Wein’s personality and wanting to sell off the kingdom was a good way to end it.

As for the whole show, I definitely enjoyed it, while there were times where I didn’t fully understand the plot, it had a lot of fun moments. Wein was a pretty refreshing MC imo, and the waifus were great, I still can’t pick a favorite lol, and the OP is definitely one of my favorites this season, and the ED was good too, if only we got to hear them more often. Overall, this was a good show, while it wasn’t a favorite, I can see myself watching another season, and now I will go on missing Ninym’s incredible side booba lol.
TheColonel76Mar 29, 2022 2:58 PM
Mar 29, 2022 3:15 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah I mean overall I liked this show, but as I've said before I think it could have been way slower paced and cut at least the last arc to expand on the others.
Mar 29, 2022 3:43 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty great finale with getting rid of Sirgis, if we ever get season 2 I'll watch for sure.
Mar 29, 2022 3:45 PM

Aug 2020
This was good all the way through, I think it'd be pretty cool to see a season 2 of this, it's not amazing but it's consistently funny, and I feel like the plot could get pretty interesting later on
Call me Ren
Mar 29, 2022 3:55 PM

Jun 2016
Hope for a season 2, I really liked this series.
Mar 29, 2022 4:28 PM
Dec 2021
An amazing anime!!! I really loved the mc and Ninym, also liked Zenovia too. They are really hot! Especially ninym and the mc.
yveltalkyogreMar 29, 2022 4:32 PM
Mar 29, 2022 4:42 PM
Jan 2021
andreariona said:
Dude just losing fat for getting hurt. Wonderful.

lmao true, makes sense 🤣🤣
Mar 29, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2020
Today's enemy is tomorrow's ally, which is the day after tomorrow's...
It's crystal clear why Wein wants off the royal lifestyle but I guess he and Ninym will be stuck in the Natrian royal court for a long, long time (a chance for treason will never come).
Mar 29, 2022 6:11 PM

Sep 2020
finally the only bearable Kingdom building genre after slime san that has a anime adaption
we didnt had a expectations for this when it got confirmed because genjitsu no yusha got its sec cour under j.c. and cour 1 was fine(unlike 2) and Yokohama Animation Lab dont have a reputable anime project till now and manga is not that popular so yeah it was a hidden gem that outrate genjitsu by far
unlike genjitsu no yusha, it had good plot and no fan service with comedy and interesting characters
it was a awesome adaption as a first rounders of these awesome genre
i hope it get supported enough to get sequel and the genre get the attention it deserve
and y it turned out to be the first notable project of Yokohama Animation Lab, looking forward to sequel and new projects
AlMirajMar 29, 2022 6:15 PM
Mar 29, 2022 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
This was a pretty neat ending! Wein as always with the unreal plays, he managed to trick Sirgis and won the conflict without having to relinquish the lands.

Also, i wonder what he told the not-so-fat king that he got scared as hell.
Hope that we will get a 2S of this!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 29, 2022 6:34 PM

Jun 2021
I love how Gruyere's just riding into battle on a chariot with a bunch of weapons behind him. He really feels like fat Iskander, helped by the fact that he's literally voiced by Akio Ohtsuka.

While Natran forces are trying to fend off Soljest, Wein and Zenovia try to negotiate a deal with Sirgis, and Zenovia is willing to give up even more of her kingdom to appease him...but Sirgis isn't biting. He sees this as his best chance to become a Holy Elite through screwing over both Natra and Marden.

But then it's of course Wein's time to shine and find a way to turn Sirgis against Soljest by BS-ing a fake poison in those yellow clothes all the Delunian people are wearing and telling Sirgis that, if Natra loses, a swarm of Natran refugees will be marching straight to Delunio when they will least be able to handle them. The best part? Thanks to Falanya's efforts, it's at least semi-plausible. And that's when Wein gets him.

King Gruyere is actually happy that Wein managed to convince Sirgis to turn on him since it means his estimation of Wein's abilities was accurate, and he's more than ready to get into the thick of battle, but Wein had one last ace up his sleeves...his top advisors sneaking in and taking him out, with Ninym as the spearhead as she wounds him. Couldn't end things without giving Ninym one awesome moment.

I really thought that they had straight up assassinated Gruyere, but it turns out that he was just wounded and major injuries actually make him slim down, believe it or not. Now he looks handsome.

Wein doesn't want to kill Gruyere and cause even more of a headache, but Gruyere's willing to die if it means a "win" and making things more complicated for Wein...but his one caveat to accepting surrender is Wein telling him what really drives him. So what did Wein tell him? That he's willing to go so far and eventually sell his own kingdom, just to be with a girl (Ninym)? Whatever it was, it definitely shocked Gruyere, but enough that he's willing to see what Wein does in the future.

Well, good news, everything ended up getting resolved. The bad news is, the cost of this ended up bursting Natra's economic bubble so they're back to less than stellar finances. So all that work and Wein is no closer to selling Natra and living the high life (with Ninym), but when you have a girl who looks at you the way Ninym looks at Wein, maybe it's all worth it.
Mar 29, 2022 6:46 PM

Feb 2020
another win for our boy. Liking how Gruyere's soldiers just stand there while he's getting 3.5v1'd.

this was a pretty fun anime to watch. Sure, it's exactly like Realist Hero, but it was more enjoyable to just see the guy have fun, instead of the MC doing some large explanations and dropping quotes from centuries-old literature every 2 minutes. cute girls too.

not an anime (of a genre) I'd usually want sequels of, but i would definitely like a continuation this time.
Mar 29, 2022 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
Felt like this finale was extremely rushed and honestly could have been better. There was a lot of killing and over the top stuff in the beginning of this anime and it kind of just stopped halfway through. Even in this episode I expected more Death and even for that Pig King to die.

And of course they do the fucking silent mouth thing with no explanation whatsoever as what drives Wein (though it's pretty obvious it's Ninym)

Idk last couple episode fell short for me. I love Ninym and if it wasn't for Marin she would probably be the best female of this season. But again this ending fell short for me. Still good.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2022 8:02 PM

Mar 2018
Pretty intricate plan that got him on good terms with King Gruyere and got Sirgis sacked.

Ninym with the spotlight and "finishing" blow, love to see it.

Here's to another season, maybe Wein will reach his dreams then ;)
Mar 29, 2022 8:48 PM

Mar 2016
At the end, the dude couldn't get his kingdom out of its debt. Meh/10
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 29, 2022 8:54 PM

Oct 2014
All the "genius" plots and schemes in this anime are dumb as fuck. For example the part where they had a little girl march all the residents of a merchant town out as refugees then return armed made absolutely no sense and would never happen.

Then in this episode he's bluffing about poison woven into clothing, and threatening to migrate his whole country? There's just so many things wrong with this plot, it makes literally no sense. If you can still enjoy it despite that then you are quite simply an idiot.
Mar 29, 2022 10:53 PM
Mar 30, 2022 12:17 AM

Apr 2017
Everything except the gold mine raid in the first few episodes of this series have been nothing but wishful writing that would absolutely not make any fucking sense in another universe. Biggest disappointment of the season for me, they ditched the initial premise of selling off his kingdom and turned tryhard in gaining political advantage instead.

Nothing in the series really stood out, not in story, character, soundtracks, nothing. Absolutely mediocre all around, except for their boobs design. Remember the dark skin assassin working for his sister? What a complete waste of a character that has no more than 2 or 3 lines in the entire fucking show.

5/10.
Mar 30, 2022 3:42 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like the anime didn't include that the red head loli joins the harem. Also pretty hilarious that they cut the little detail that there was already wide spread illness happening in Delunio, which is why the poisoned dye bluff even worked.
Mar 30, 2022 6:15 AM

Nov 2019
Though lacking a bit in the animation quality department (particularly where the action scenes are concerned), this turned out to be a consistently entertaining series in the vein of Tenkyou no Alderamin. Shame about this last arc jumping the shark though.

Anyways, it's practically criminal that it took nearly six years to get another halfway-decent 'lazy but brilliant strategist' series.
Mar 30, 2022 6:56 AM

Oct 2016
Show would be even better if it had a better pacing, directing and storyboarding, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Glad Gruyere is still alive and eating (kicking). My best guess as to what Wein said to Gryuyere is about selling the kingdom, since Gruyere is all about desire, I assume he'd like that, but it's also possible that Wein has even bigger plans.

I hope we get a season 2. I am interested in the light novel, but I simply do not have the time lmao, so just really hope we get a season 2. 7.5/10
Mar 30, 2022 8:01 AM

Apr 2021
Glad that this whole season is not a letdown. It's quite hilarious that in the end, Natra's still in huge debt. Seems that the title is just a pun lmao. But no doubt, I'm impressed with Wein all throughout.

I don't really care if it doesn't have a good animation. Story-wise and character portrayal is what makes this entertaining and worth to watch. I started liking Genkoku better than this from the beginning but now, the tables had turned. 8/10

Mar 30, 2022 8:13 AM

Sep 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
that last bluff was just so ridiculous. Literally no human being would ever believe that the clothes had poison on them.
the author should have wrote that better.

In the light novel, Sirgis had received reports of people becoming ill and there were rumors of an epidemic in the country, and the reason for that was that the yellow clothes weren't suited for the current season so people following the trend got sick because of the change in temperature.

This makes Sirgis falling for his bluff a lot more believable, though people getting sick because of the clothing is still a bit of a reach
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2022

96 by 7thAkatsuki »»
Apr 11, 6:57 PM

» Barbaric actions treated as heroic ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Jan 11, 2022

55 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2022

31 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 10, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2022

35 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 8, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2022

37 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Feb 5, 6:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.