Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2022 12:57 AM
Oct 2021
6/10 after the revenge thing that didn't even happen it just became a generic isekai
Mar 28, 2022 1:06 AM
Aug 2021
This is one of the first isekai animes I have watched and it pretty much got me into watching the isekai genre so I hold it dear. I don't care what people say I love 1st season and it was a great show for me at least good enough for 8/10 and as people are saying idk how it will turn out in the 2nd season bcs the revenge factor that I absolutely loved will no longer be there but I think I will still enjoy it even without revenge thingy. At least I hope I would.
Mar 28, 2022 1:13 AM
Mar 2021
it's extremely meh. It does that really bad writing trick of making the main character seem smarter than he actually is by making everyone else look idiotic, because the author doesn't know how to write an actually smart character. It's also got some pretty noticeable attitude problems.

literally the best parts of it are when it turns into almost Spice and Wolf for a bit. That or the bird racing episode, that was good.

a lot of whether the series is okay or flaming garbage is contingent on whether Naofumi and Raphtalia ever get together romantically. If the answer is yes, yeet this series into the ocean with an anchor tied around its feet.
Mar 28, 2022 1:53 AM
Dec 2021
Well, what I am I even here for?, these kind of post is pointless(most posts are anyway), it’s like a gathering for not-fans or disappointed fans, but I am just gonna speak my mind(like the other idiots).

This show is good, atleast better than most isekai, it’s not as generic as most shit I’ve watched, and it has a good main character, but it does make every other characters(excluding Naofumi’s gang) seem useless, All the other heroes were either annoying or just plain useless and uncooperative, but I like the fact that it brings something new to the table, more worlds to explore and fight alongside or against, it’s an interconnected world. Most people seem to ignore this.

It’s a show I can recommend to a friend.
Mar 28, 2022 2:51 AM
Mar 2022
Solid 7/10 anime. Something to binge watch. I wouldn't wait every week for new episodes. Just wait till they are all out at once.
Mar 28, 2022 8:25 AM
Jun 2021
Tbh it’s clearly mid
Mar 28, 2022 10:50 AM
Jan 2022
(Good) It's my favorite anime.
Mar 28, 2022 11:31 AM
Oct 2020
meh all the way, overrated
Mar 28, 2022 3:11 PM
Dec 2021
Pred8r said:
I watched this some time ago expecting it to be a revenge isekai as a whole and also peer pressure lol and tbh it was just okay after some time it just turned into a generic isekai ...

The “master” shit was a bit cringey and I feel like the show depicted everyone to be bad so that the main gang looks good
I was thinking of dropping it but heard s2 and s3 was coming so just finished it
still a 5 or 6/10 tho

This is just my opinion tho not hating the show by any means fyi

Wbu tho ?

It was fine. Just kind generic to me especially looking back at it when mushoku tensei has kinda set the standard for a good isekai
Mar 28, 2022 5:22 PM
Sep 2017
I mean, to say the show is only portraying good and bad as one or the other without any gray between and no nuance is just wrong. Hell, Naofumi himself is never painted as good or evil to the viewers, he tries to just work towards his own goals. He does good things when presented the option, but is in no way doing good deeds just to be good. The only time I remember him being good just to be good was during the first wave. He defended the village for no real reason other than that they were in trouble and he had to do something during the wave that wasn't helping the other heros since they all despised him. Later on we see him acting more and more selfish. The only really evil person is Myne, she acts out of jealousy and spite. The other 3 heroes are portrayed as bumbling idiots (at best blissfully ignorant) trying to do good as best they can to fulfill their ideal hero persona. If not doing evil things is your definition of good, then you have created the absence of gray area yourself.
IMO the show is well made, I can like the main cast, and I can understand the main antagonists. It's a cut above the majority of isekai anime by a pretty decent margin. That is partly due to a lot of isekai being copy pastes of each other all trying to have a self-insert main character with no emotions or motives other than friendship and being a hero, but not entirely as the show has it's own plus sides.
Mar 29, 2022 12:40 AM
Feb 2022
Pred8r said:
I watched this some time ago expecting it to be a revenge isekai as a whole and also peer pressure lol and tbh it was just okay after some time it just turned into a generic isekai ...

The “master” shit was a bit cringey and I feel like the show depicted everyone to be bad so that the main gang looks good
I was thinking of dropping it but heard s2 and s3 was coming so just finished it
still a 5 or 6/10 tho

This is just my opinion tho not hating the show by any means fyi

Wbu tho ?

Tbh, the so called bad character were more interesting than the main. The anime does has some wholesome moments and I feel that If u watch it with the expectations that it will be like any other isekai. than most likely you'll enjoy it. For me it's an 7/10 cause I enjoyed it but the plot just kinda gave up during the later episode, but overall still enjoyed it.
Mar 29, 2022 1:46 AM
Dec 2021
I personally found the beginning very interesting and well laid out, as it shows the feeling of anger and hatred building in our protagonist as he continued to be discriminated and hated. This was going pretty strong but I think it ended a bit too quickly, and it becomes one of those "MC becomes stronger than others and gets praised" stories. I'll probably watch s2 as well, but honestly I believe that there should be more depiction of the phrase "words can hurt" and "some wounds never heal" towards naofumi.

overall 7.5/10 for me idk about yall
Mar 29, 2022 3:52 AM

Apr 2020
First part was great, the rest was pretty good. Overall, still better than most isekais out there.
Mar 29, 2022 10:25 AM
Jun 2021
Honestly when It was episode 1-3 i thought this show was going to be something, but it’s kinda just mostly generic isekai stuff.
Mar 29, 2022 3:22 PM
Mar 2021
belka1213 said:
by no means is it the worst isekai, but for all the hype it gets i do i agree it really falls flat. all the characters besides the main crew are really intended to be foils, so i never really get invested in anyone since there's no real gray-scale or nuance. everything is black and white, good or evil, so it's really just a turn off ur brain watch

also, that slavery business was really weirdly handled. in magi, morgiana keeping her chains was kinda symbolic of her being the master of her own self, but raftalia keeping her slave crest?? uhh kinda weird

if the OP of the second season isn't amazing, i wont watch it

Neh it’s the best isekai
Mar 29, 2022 10:19 PM

Jan 2019
DemonSoldierPT said:
belka1213 said:
by no means is it the worst isekai, but for all the hype it gets i do i agree it really falls flat. all the characters besides the main crew are really intended to be foils, so i never really get invested in anyone since there's no real gray-scale or nuance. everything is black and white, good or evil, so it's really just a turn off ur brain watch

also, that slavery business was really weirdly handled. in magi, morgiana keeping her chains was kinda symbolic of her being the master of her own self, but raftalia keeping her slave crest?? uhh kinda weird

if the OP of the second season isn't amazing, i wont watch it

Neh it’s the best isekai
i mean ok but why tho
Mar 30, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2021
Yeah, I feel the same way as you.
It is really good at the first half, but then it turns into a generic isekai.

But I still love this series, probably because I love generic isekasi bs.
Apr 1, 2022 5:14 AM
Dec 2019
After season 1 finished I started the light novel which is way better written than the anime some characters are a lot less dumb and things get a lot more intresting also the anime is a lot more enjoyable knowing how close to the light novel it actually is :)
Apr 6, 2022 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
its 8/10 for me

it was fun ride
Jan 22, 2023 2:29 PM

Apr 2017
cocoescap said:
I mean, to say the show is only portraying good and bad as one or the other without any gray between and no nuance is just wrong. Hell, Naofumi himself is never painted as good or evil to the viewers, he tries to just work towards his own goals. He does good things when presented the option, but is in no way doing good deeds just to be good. The only time I remember him being good just to be good was during the first wave. He defended the village for no real reason other than that they were in trouble and he had to do something during the wave that wasn't helping the other heros since they all despised him. Later on we see him acting more and more selfish. The only really evil person is Myne, she acts out of jealousy and spite. The other 3 heroes are portrayed as bumbling idiots (at best blissfully ignorant) trying to do good as best they can to fulfill their ideal hero persona. If not doing evil things is your definition of good, then you have created the absence of gray area yourself.
IMO the show is well made, I can like the main cast, and I can understand the main antagonists. It's a cut above the majority of isekai anime by a pretty decent margin. That is partly due to a lot of isekai being copy pastes of each other all trying to have a self-insert main character with no emotions or motives other than friendship and being a hero, but not entirely as the show has it's own plus sides.

It does though. Everything that the MC does is right and everyone else is wrong. Examples?

- MC getting tricked by Bitch-chan makes him a victim. Everyone else getting tricked by her is just evil.
- heroes doing shit for rewards is bad. The MC says that in the first episode. Yet when he wanted the food of a village for doing them a favor, he's justified.
- Spear hero having a group of girls in his clan is cringe. MC having a group of girls is normal

We don't understand the main antagonists at all. They just hate the MC for no reason. A good work with video game elements is Dungeon Meshi. With Dungeon Meshi, you understand everyone's point of views. You understand why the MC believes what he believes. You understand why the elves who oppose him, are opposing him. You even understand why the villain is the way he is. Everything is logical, but also not. There is prejudice in that you can understand why the elves find themselves superior and more intelligent, but you can also point out their hypocrisy for thinking so. The MC is ultimately clueless and the elves do have a point, but you also understand why he, and others, have a hard time trusting them. The point is, you get everyone's POV and the bias is not strictly in favor of the MC. Actually, the MC was proven wrong several times.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.