Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 9, 2008 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, after what, a 3 week hiatus, Bleach returns. o.o

I have to say that I enjoyed the episode quite a bit, and there wasn't the usual 5 minutes of recap like there was in all of the previous episodes.

You have to love how Ichi just turns badass and grabs Grimmjow's hand all of a sudden when he was getting pushed around at the end. ;D

I am most definitely looking forward to the next episode!

And maybe its just me or because I haven't seen any Bleach in almost a month, but does the animation style look a bit different from how it usually looks? I mean, Inoue looked kind of different from usual.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Apr 9, 2008 6:49 PM

Mar 2008
hmm, did anyone else think inoue's face looked different. the tone of the episode seemed much different from usual somehow, also. even the preview was done more seriously than usual.

props to ichigo suddenly getting awesome again (that last move...about time he can do something like that). the fighting was very well done, and seemed much more realistic than usual in the blows and counters. im really interested to see if bleach continues in this tone or not, and i cant wait for next week.

also, is it can be shower tiem now, WinterNightsFall?
dumbasatriApr 9, 2008 6:55 PM
Apr 9, 2008 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
It makes me pissed that they take 3 weeks and make an episode look sooooooo amazing knowing next week it will start looking like another time and budget episode. But I say this cuz the episode was truly exceptional and one of the best thought the seres.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2008 7:06 PM

Aug 2007
man...this episode rivals kamina's death in TTGL in awesomeness O_O

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Apr 9, 2008 7:19 PM

Oct 2007
I'm always critical so...I found it stupid how they didn't learn the first time about maybe asking orihime to back up a bit? Maybe move away from the fighting so to not be a handicap for ichigo...I also dislike how he hears a few words and becomes superman for a few seconds. They could have done it a better way I think, his sort of come back.

Aside from that it was an awesome episode, one of the best fights yet. I'm surprised grimmjow, after all that talk about wanting to fight ichigo full strength and all, he uses orihime and nel against him to score some extra shots in.
Apr 9, 2008 7:37 PM
Aug 2007
Guidan said:
I'm always critical so...I found it stupid how they didn't learn the first time about maybe asking orihime to back up a bit? Maybe move away from the fighting so to not be a handicap for ichigo...I also dislike how he hears a few words and becomes superman for a few seconds. They could have done it a better way I think, his sort of come back.

I don't think it's a "hear things and becomes superman kind of thing" it's more of that he saw Inoue's fear of him, discouraging him and belittling his spirit. Because of that, Ichigo wasn't able to fight at his full strength. Then, once hearing Inoue's concern, he regained his spirit.

That's just my outlook of it. I mean, think about it for anything. If you were doing something for somebody, and they didn't even want you to do it, would you do it as willingly as you had before?
Apr 9, 2008 7:46 PM

Nov 2006
awesome episode

Apr 9, 2008 8:07 PM

May 2007
This episode was fucking awesome. I've been desperately waiting for a fight like this since the Byakuya/Ichigo fight back in the Soul Society arc. Can't wait till next week.
Apr 9, 2008 8:27 PM

Mar 2008
This episode was beyond awesome, i almost jumped out of my seat a few times!!! And they leave it like that?! after like 3 weeks? I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK NOW AFTER THIS EPISODE?!

Go fig. /cry

ps, and yes the animation did look different/better then the normal, they spent a extra week on it hahaha, orhime almost made me cry when she was crying, she looked so "@_@! OMG HUG ME" Sotra thing.
Apr 9, 2008 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
damn DB. I downloaded their "MKV" verson. Now I got to download it again. DB is starting to get on my nerves.
Apr 9, 2008 8:42 PM

Jan 2008
wow, since when could ichigo hold his hollow transformation for longer than 10 secs? lol, the whole entire ep, I was thinking that the mask would suddenly disappear... to be honest, I was kinda loosing interest in Bleach a couple eps ago, but this is intense now... really looking for the next ep, although it took this ep 3 weeks... dunno why...
Apr 9, 2008 8:43 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode worth waiting for, they didnt flash to any of the other fights, the animation was excellent, and there was little to no recap! Definitely the best episode in quite awhile. However, there was one thing kind of throwing off the seriousness of the episode that I'm surprised no one has commented about yet...

Looking forward to the next episode if they keep doing it as well as this one was.
Apr 9, 2008 8:48 PM

Mar 2008
Shiken said:
However, there was one thing kind of throwing off the seriousness of the episode that I'm surprised no one has commented about yet...

Hahaha, I just thought about that after you pointed that out. Your right, wonder why they did that =p
Apr 9, 2008 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
That rocked. Can't wait for the next ep...

What threw off the seriousness?
Apr 9, 2008 9:03 PM

Oct 2007
moggimus said:

...Click the spoiler button...
Apr 9, 2008 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, my bad.

lol... mmk, whatever. That's a pretty badass transformation IMO though.
Apr 9, 2008 9:17 PM

Oct 2007
OH YEAH! Bleach is FINALLY Bleach again, 100+ episodes after the Ichigo-Byakuya fight, after the friggin filler and Bounto and filler and Vizard and filler and buildup. Badass++
Apr 9, 2008 9:55 PM

Oct 2007
My only complaint is that this ep should have been an hour long special, since they kept us waiting for so long. Why don't they do that anymore?
Apr 9, 2008 10:21 PM

Mar 2008
Man! This is one of the best episodes in a long long time. It has some pretty awesome fighting scenes, some of the best in the series IMO. I can't wait for the next one next week...
Apr 9, 2008 10:21 PM

Apr 2007
This episode is quite epic. Grimmjow looks, dare I say, hotter in kitty form? :3

Oh and I love how the animation changes to detail when it comes to fights like this.

Apr 9, 2008 10:22 PM

Sep 2007
I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed watching an episode of Bleach this much in at least a year. The fight was amazingly handled and Nel's speech wasn't boring or detracting (the opposite, in fact).
The animation's been getting tighter throughout the progress of this arc, too. It's funny to see flashbacks to the start of the show and see how different the animation looks now.
However, I'm pretty disappointed about Grimmjaw's released form. Really, Kubo Tite? That's how Hollows look normally? C'mon... seriously. Ichigo's increased mask time was also nagging at the back of my mind, but it's something I'll prolly just get used to, just like how everyone can fly now.
Also, lol @ DB trollz. They got me good.
Apr 9, 2008 10:28 PM

Sep 2007
Grimmjow's actual Hollow form is pretty badass IMO. But this is coming from someone who reads the mango and has seen the flashbacks of Grimmjow.

And this is how fight scenes should be. Time to take a lesson and write some notes down, Naruto.
Apr 9, 2008 10:54 PM

Oct 2007
great episode, I enjoyed the fight tremendously! I'm glad that they've dragged this fight out (in a good way)!!! I hate that we had to wait a year in between tyhe episodes though, lol! This brings back the classic Bleach episodes contnuation right in the middle of the good gettin, makin you hate having to wait another week to see what happens!
Apr 9, 2008 11:12 PM

Feb 2008
Awesome episode. Non stop action.

Apr 9, 2008 11:52 PM

Feb 2008
THIS was what I had been waiting for. The kind of episode where it ends and you just think to yourself, "Oh crap, now I have to wait a week for more?" Great pacing, better animation, serious fighting... All grade A, to be sure.

lol @ Grimmjow = furry
Apr 10, 2008 12:31 AM

Apr 2008
Amasing

Can't describe it with words.

Grimmjow ROCKS

Can't wait to see the next episodes wich would be the last original episode before the fillers strickes again XD
Apr 10, 2008 12:50 AM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Grimmjow's actual Hollow form is pretty badass IMO. But this is coming from someone who reads the mango and has seen the flashbacks of Grimmjow.

And this is how fight scenes should be. Time to take a lesson and write some notes down, Naruto.

same here.very good episode.although while reading manga i read this portion so many times i never thought it will be this cool when animated.there are are gonna be 3 or so very good episodes with appearence of 2 more espada and a fight between them and a very shocking discovery for everyone who has not read the manga yet XD.after that it will be bleach as usual aka pointless fights without any firm reason for there absured duration for some time if no fillers kick in.i hope they dont.i have already dropped naruto and was thinking to do same with bleach but this epi changed my mind.

Apr 10, 2008 12:53 AM

Oct 2007
and yeah Grimmjow is gonna do another transformation in the next ep.

Apr 10, 2008 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
moggimus said:
That rocked. Can't wait for the next ep...

I agree. I see a nekoman, you see a nekoman, we all see a nekoman!!!

moggimus said:

I think this will suffice:

(Calling 4th squad Captain Unohana Retsu "Re-chan" is bad enough, but above is one paparazzi pict made of COMPLETE WIN...)
TheorysApr 10, 2008 1:06 AM
Apr 10, 2008 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
Wow. that was stuning, i had a feeling since the episode where grimjaw jumped twice in the air that a ichigo x grimjaw fight will be utterly amazing, and i was right.
if every episode from now on will look like that, they can have 1 ep a month i dont mind =]
Apr 10, 2008 2:34 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, it's been a while since I've seen such a good episode of Bleach. Loved the animation in this one.

I don't really like Grimmjow's release, but I guess it suites his style =P
Apr 10, 2008 3:59 AM

Mar 2007
Only one word to describe this episode...

"EPIC"

It was well worth the 3-week wait! The battle was just insane!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Apr 10, 2008 4:00 AM

Jan 2008
Though not worth a 3 week wait.
But Grimmjow in Kitteh form = win, so damn awesome. And does Inoue look more uglier than usual now?

Ichigo going bad ass is win too. Looking forward to next episode =3

我爱你

Apr 10, 2008 4:51 AM

Feb 2008
wow, nearly out of breath with that one. way too much action, which is good. didnt waste time, just straight up action. although hes still pretty weak. even though he can hold his mask longer now hes still weak.

nel's speech...that was epic.

as for grim playing dirty, thats what bad guys do, nothing wrong with that.

i suppose three weeks were worth this?....maybe not.
Apr 10, 2008 4:55 AM

Feb 2008
gotta say this episode really erased all of my 3 week stress... absolutely awesome... the first round of the fight was absolutely brilliant... and i got to see Halibel talk for almost a minute :O:O now the hard part comes... one more week :D
Apr 10, 2008 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
By the gods! That was Bleach we've all been waiting for! Cant wait to see the next episode ^^
Apr 10, 2008 5:56 AM

Feb 2008
woei bleach is back after a way too long break :p and it was awesome! wouldnt mind waiting for another 3 weeks if they can make every ep the same qualety as this one :) Badass ichogo is back and grimjaw cracked me up in his released form tbh :D waiting anxiously for the next ep
Apr 10, 2008 6:31 AM
Oct 2007
OMG Bleach. Inoue was just annoying, honestly, luckily Nel told her what she should do. And yes it was foreseeable that Ichigo mask would get extra time expansion, you know he almost died / died and just like sayians in DBZ, after each fight they are getting stronger x2

lulz.
Apr 10, 2008 7:27 AM

Jun 2007
These are the kind of times I want to see Bleach in HD ;_;
Episode was great, but unfortunately that's going to be all for a while. Fillers are around the corner.

And Furry Grimjow..... lol
Apr 10, 2008 7:29 AM

Sep 2007
Ichigo rocks in the final scene! So awesome~ *_*

Apr 10, 2008 8:05 AM

Jul 2007
GREAT EPISODE

To all the critics on previous animation, you have to understand that they are getting better with time. As they do more episodes like these with a lot of cgi composited into scenes, they will become better at the process and continue to provide episodes of the same caliber. You can not expect Princess Mononoke animation in a 30 minute Bleach episode published every week. But after a hiatus, nothing is impossible!

Huge fight scene with grimjow. Definitely on par with the byakuya, but wayyyyy better animation.

And if you did not watch this episode in h264, I laugh at you with splitting guts. I hope to never have to ever watch another single crappy avi episode by dattebayo. Look closely at the lines between versions and you will see a huge difference in definition, and is why its called high definition. Like how old are the guys running Dattebayo? I am guessing 50 at least, I would hope at least one of them would be young enough to know the difference. Oh and with the enhanced color palette used in this episode, you can reap the flavor in the higher quality, where as if you watch it in avi, it is all hacks and bitter snacks.

I watched todays episode in h264 thanks to zomg. Who to my surprise had a translation on par with dattebayo but only a decent encoding. Rumbel-Flomp are by far superior translators and also provide it in h264 with excellent encoding, but their are much slower since they are also translating amazingly hilarious shows like gintama, which is incredibly hard to translate due to a billion references per episode.

I think that dattebayo may have (hopefully) doomed themselves with their ridiculous antics. And eventually when they are forced to provide it in hd due to their falling popularity, EVERYBODY will make fun of them forever for finally switching after their ridiculous prank.

Kitty Grimjoy is one of the most fearful transformations.... hahahahaha.... gotta love it though
renegadeApr 10, 2008 8:08 AM
Apr 10, 2008 8:18 AM

Sep 2007
Yay, Bleach gets a good episode. They are doing this blur thing with the animation which is neat. And Orihime looks stupid, especially when crying..
Apr 10, 2008 8:28 AM

May 2007
this was one epic eps after some time xD

Apr 10, 2008 8:43 AM

Nov 2007
Vince said:
Guidan said:

I don't think it's a "hear things and becomes superman kind of thing" it's more of that he saw Inoue's fear of him, discouraging him and belittling his spirit. Because of that, Ichigo wasn't able to fight at his full strength. Then, once hearing Inoue's concern, he regained his spirit.

That's just my outlook of it. I mean, think about it for anything. If you were doing something for somebody, and they didn't even want you to do it, would you do it as willingly as you had before?

I so totaly agreed with you on this one. It's not like he become superhuman. More like the face Inoue gave him earlier when she saw him made him feel bad or something, and when she shouts out his name and that she doesn't want him to be hurt he feel that he can fight with full strength.

Apr 10, 2008 8:51 AM
Feb 2008
wow, I feel kinda bad after all this squeeing to say... I didn't really like this episode. Granted, this probably has to do with the fact that Ichigo is one of my least favorite characters and I'm much more interested in Ishida, Renji, Rukia and Chad. The fight just didn't seem that different from the rest of the Hueco Mundo fights, and Grimmjow didn't have any of the interesting dialogue that he had in the last episode. And since when has Ichigo been able to keep his mask on for so long? Nel's speech was good though, I like her a lot. I was just hoping that she might inspire Orihime TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT!! seriously. She said she wanted to be able to fight for her friends but she won't even try. Ooof... now I'm just complaining because the characters don't do what I want. I'll stop now XD

The animation was, admittedly, impressive, but not enough to make up for the lack of originality. Ichigo meets uber opponent, gets beat around a little, everyone powers up, almost dies, comes back to life, repeat. (lol, why do I watch Bleach again? no, I like it...)

Well, that was my first impression, I usually appreciate these things more on a second viewing, we'll see if I get around to it.
Apr 10, 2008 9:07 AM

Dec 2007
Pantera!

This ep was one of the best episodes of bleach ever!!
an epic battle between Ichigo and Grimmjow!
next week need to come faster!!!
Apr 10, 2008 10:40 AM

May 2007
WinterNightsFall said:

And maybe its just me or because I haven't seen any Bleach in almost a month, but does the animation style look a bit different from how it usually looks? I mean, Inoue looked kind of different from usual.

Indeed. This has been the case in the manga as well (as in how the character looks), particularly for Inoue who looks more "womanly" if that makes sense.

Apr 10, 2008 10:52 AM

Oct 2007
XD O-M-G!!!!

that was an AWESOME episode! one of the many fights i've been looking forward to for ages, lol!!!

Great battle even though Inoue was getting abit annoying >.>

cant wait to watch the next episode :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2008 11:03 AM

Nov 2007
awsowe episode was this.. I liked the fighting the whole episode. cant wait for the next one

Apr 10, 2008 12:06 PM

Feb 2008
orihime did look different. her animation model just doenst look quite right. as for her character, well shes still just a kid. they fight they way they do and you forget sometimes that they are just in their 15s... as for Nel, i thought that was the best scene ive seen in a while. she may be small, but shes got the wistom of (old) age... hehe.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.