Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Nice, Mina and her friends got more screen time again even in the series' finale.

Takagi and Nishikata had some more time together but the episode felt a little bittersweet. Relieving all the time together, they really made a lot of memories this season.

Not going to lie, I think they captured the emotions of this episode really well to the end, especially with the soundtrack and the scenes when they were running towards each other.
Mar 25, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Last episode was Valentine's Day, now this finale is White Day.

Hamaguchi is such a scaredy cat to confess to Hojo, and wants Nishikata in for some inspiration...which man, you won't get any. In any case, Takagi is being more direct, though being liberal within her teasing standards. And the dense Nishikata FINALLY gets it, though not even cutting close, he has only until White Day to prove that he finally win over her...in the challenge quest manner, of course.

Takagi has to attend her relative's wedding on that same fateful day, but almost immediately Nishikata's quest plan starts to unravel while waiting for her to arrive...which she couldn't go back due to bad weather, and a class without Takagi, feels weird. And of all people, the Ashita wa Doyoubi girls have to stumble upon Nishikata's quest arounf the school, and there they go to solve riddles one after the another. Mina sure has a lot of time on her hands, but they put it back where it belonged, so props to the 3 girls.

My man, Kimura, knows what's up between Nishikata and Takagi, and accompanied him during his library duty during lunch break. Hamaguchi repaid Hojo with chocolate, but just couldn't have the man-energy to confess, but Nishikata going for it all the way to chase Takagi down to pass his White Day chocolate to her, that's quite admirable. This isn't quite a full-fledged confession yet, just a White Day thing.

This is probably the most wish-fulfillment fulfilled season ever, and I can't be more than happy enough.

And since the movie has already been announced, I REALLY want the Moto adaptation to come soon, that is easily the pinnacle of the Takagi-san series.
KANLen09Mar 25, 2022 11:38 AM
Mar 25, 2022 9:56 AM

May 2020
Nishikata just can’t rest, be it White day or any other day, beating Takagi takes priority over every other thing. Though unsurprisingly it’s yet another failure, but that wasn’t the case when it came to him finally realising the thing he should’ve had a thought about a long time ago. And was it worth it? One-thousand percent it was. Would’ve fancied a direct confession but still it’s all good.

Such a good finale to conclude yet another season of this heartwarming series.
Mar 25, 2022 10:04 AM

May 2011
All that running training came in the clutch. Nishikata was able to keep up with the car long enough to be seen. The 「会いたかったよ」is the perfect line to set up for what may happen next in the movie. It definitely wouldn't have ended with a full out confession yet.

I also found it funny they were just standing there holding hands during the entire duration of the ED credits. Like, are you guys gonna move or do anything?
Mar 25, 2022 10:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, that was a sweet finish! Hamaguchi set up the finale really well and so it's hilarious that he went and flopped it on his end. Boy, Houjou's disappointment seemed unparalleled xD. At least Nishikata didn't follow that route and managed to man up in time.

It's wonderful how they managed to align the trio's role into this. Usually, I found it okay but this really enhanced the experience.

Takagi-san just happening to catch the silhouette of Nishikata in the distance by chance was a nice touch. Gee, Nishikata sure ran though. Credits to him. "Takagi-san ni aita katta." - Well said, Nishikata!

Kimura's little support in the library scene was nice to see as well. He was the MVP in the last season's finale but he didn't shy too far away this time either. While we're at it, I think the episode itself wasn't as powerful as the last season's finale but I thought the segments in this season were more consistent. As such, a well-deserved 8/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2022 10:27 AM
Nov 2009
Well I am still crying, what a beautiful end. I was hoping he would say more but it was enough. Damn now have to wait 2+ months for the movie.
Mar 25, 2022 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
Run! Nishikata! Run!
"aitakatta" Finally!, Finally!, after three seasons, the day has come. 😭
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 25, 2022 10:34 AM
Jul 2019
Bruh, they are holding hands for 1 minute and 30 seconds and they didn't move a muscle. Still a good season
Mar 25, 2022 10:38 AM

Oct 2017
Ye wasn't expecting a confession and didn't get one but still was a sweet finale. Overall this season felt pretty lackluster to me, there were indeed some fun parts and sweet parts but most of them were quite boring and repetative. Still a fun watch nonetheless. I hope we get a proper conclusion in the movie and then get moto takagi san adaptation someday.
Mar 25, 2022 10:38 AM
Jan 2022
Anyone accept it or not season 2 is the best!!!
Mar 25, 2022 10:52 AM

Mar 2018
I'm so happy that Mina and Co. put the Nishikata Quest back to its original spot after they completed it because they realized it was for Takagi. They are real ones.

I love this season ended with him running after the car as, earlier in the season, we knew that Nishikata was running on his own for practice and to improve himself, which was seen here.

Ended on the 10th box opened :')
Mar 25, 2022 10:54 AM
Feb 2021
Firstly, i hear there is a kovie coming out in like 2 months? Thats super quick, can someone comfirm? Also id like to start reading the manga (assuming this follows it), what chapter should i start at?
Mar 25, 2022 10:54 AM
Aug 2021
That moment when Takagi left the car and ran towards him ..... it's just adorable...... I'm freaking satisfied to the core..... like who would have known that nishikata to go through all that and that running scene damn....became tooo romantic.... I'd say the Christmas date and the finale were perfect 💯💯💯
Mar 25, 2022 10:57 AM
Mar 2021
Great ending to the season. I honestly did not expect a confession because there is a movie coming, so I’ll save my feelings for then.
Mar 25, 2022 10:58 AM

Jan 2017
Based Mina and co, solving Nishikata's little charade and putting them back for Takagi's sake

And now we start our waiting game for the movie
Mar 25, 2022 11:00 AM
Apr 2021
Lamp1009 said:
Great ending to the season. I honestly did not expect a confession because there is a movie coming, so I’ll save my feelings for then.

wasn't quite a confession
Mar 25, 2022 11:02 AM
Mar 2021
broirs said:
Lamp1009 said:

wasn't quite a confession

I know there wasn’t. I wasn’t expecting one for this episode, wouldn’t make sense for the movie. My point is that everyone shouldn’t be disappointed by this finale, because the story isn’t over yet. They did the best they could wrapping this part of the story up while saving space for the movie, and we shouldn’t fault the series for that.
Mar 25, 2022 11:07 AM
Dec 2012
Thank you for bringing this anime to us <3 Watching this anime has been a really great stress reliever to me every week as it airs since season 1. I know that this is the same with other people as I read their comments through different social media websites.

A glimpse of this episode was seen from the previews for season 3 and since it is a preview, I am really thinking how the scene will be shown in the anime. The ending is great for me, most especially that there's something that we need to look forward. The Movie :) I hope we also have season 4 that will cover the rest of the chapters in the manga wherein there is really much to look forward on how Takagi teases Nishikata :D

Moreover, the scene that involves Mina and friends made me feel uneasy a little, good thing that they were able to realize that it's for Takagi, made especially by Nishikata.
Mar 25, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2019
TAKAGI SAN MASTERCLASS LETS GOOOOOO. What a great final 5 minutes omg, couldn’t help but squeal like a little girl when Nishikata said how much he wanted to see Takagi. That was probably the most satisfying non confession I’ve ever seen. Nishikata was able to convey his feelings in such an eloquent and powerful way. Can’t wait for the movie and hopefully season 4!
Marinate1016Mar 25, 2022 11:14 AM
Mar 25, 2022 11:12 AM

Jun 2020
Damn. Is this the last season? It sure felt like one. I hope it's not tho.
Mar 25, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2020
I expected "I LOVE YOU" to come out of Nishikata's mouth but I know that's too much to ask from him 😅
It's still cute 💖

Niku_AkumaMar 25, 2022 11:18 AM
Mar 25, 2022 11:14 AM
Jan 2021
I wish nishkata actually confessed, we are 3 seasons in and not a single confession? But its progress.
Mar 25, 2022 11:19 AM
Jan 2022
the season 3 finale was brilliant. I can't wait for the movie to come out, now I have to wait 2 months
Mar 25, 2022 11:20 AM
Sep 2021
Fucking Beautiful

I never felt this much fresh vibe
Mar 25, 2022 11:22 AM
Jan 2022
Shelby07 said:
Fucking Beautiful

I never felt this much fresh vibe

That's what I meant, Toradora and Master teasing takagi san gave me a sense of happiness
Mar 25, 2022 11:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sadly there was no real confession or kiss or anything, though it's a fitting vanilla ending for this series
Mar 25, 2022 11:36 AM
Aug 2020
What a great ending, I can't wait for the movie to come out on june 10!!
Mar 25, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2012
A game of Nishikata Quest on White Day as we end the 3rd season of this wonderful series. And really, what is there to say that hasn't already been said by this point? It's still lovely, adorable, cute, whatever you wanna say. I still long for the day when the sequel/spin-off inevitably gets animated, but for now I'll continue to revel in all the Takagi-san goodness we get. Strong 8/10.
animefan8800Mar 25, 2022 11:42 AM
Mar 25, 2022 11:41 AM

Mar 2022
Oh my gosh it was so awesome! I am excited for the movie more than ever now! I am just sad that once the movie is out it may be a while till I will be able to see it here. Gonna be dodging spoilers like a gangster for a while.
Mar 25, 2022 11:42 AM
May 2009

Hana(花) was the perfect ending song to conclude this season.

Can't express how happy I am with this choice.

There is still a movie yet to be released.

Can't wait. Looking forward to it.

A bit sad at the same time, as we all know it is coming to an end.

Even so, these sweet and joyful moments will remain in our hearts forever.

Love endures.

Hana (Flower)
Amidst us scattering like flower petals
It was a dream-like miracle that I met you
Being in love, getting into fights
We climb over all sorts of walls together
Even after I'm reborn, I'll be a flower by your side
Mar 25, 2022 11:49 AM

Sep 2020
Amazing ending~Nishikata realized that she wasn't teasing him at those times. So excited for the movie!!!
Mar 25, 2022 11:54 AM
Oct 2015
I've never been more disappointed in Hamaguchi
Mar 25, 2022 12:02 PM
Aug 2016
Since the movie is coming it was expected an ending like this, without a real confession but a personal confirm for Nishikata that he is indeed in love with Takagi.
Great season like first 2 without a doubt, really hyped for the movie since it's not gonna be manga stuff and i couldn't be more happy about that (honestly, too much teasing chapters with no progress whatsoever).

8.5 for me.
Mar 25, 2022 12:11 PM
Nov 2009
tomoto-kun said:

Can't express how happy I am with this choice.

There is still a movie yet to be released.

Can't wait. Looking forward to it.

A bit sad at the same time, as we all know it is coming to an end.

Even so, these sweet and joyful moments will remain in our hearts forever.

Love endures.

Hana (Flower)
Amidst us scattering like flower petals
It was a dream-like miracle that I met you
Being in love, getting into fights
We climb over all sorts of walls together
Even after I'm reborn, I'll be a flower by your side

I am sad too, however I am not giving up hope for season 4 of them just being together in the extra cute way they always are but even more so now.
Mar 25, 2022 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
Nishikata is a keeper, if that's all the effort he puts by just being friends, imagine on an actual relationship, I love how the finale was Nishikata owning his feelings, sure he needed a bit of a push to get started but what he really needed was to be far from Takagi, that way he knows what is it like no having her besides him as granted, it is a bit of a shame the anime ended much like Symphogear with them holding hands and no the 3 words we all want to hear but there is the movie to look forward to, unlike Symphogear : (
Mar 25, 2022 12:18 PM
Sep 2021
bros can someone do me a favour?
1. what is the name of the bgm that used in today's that scene where takagi and nishikata were running towards each other
2. from where should i start to read the manga? and how much story left in the manga?
Mar 25, 2022 12:23 PM

May 2015
Sweisman2000 said:
Firstly, i hear there is a kovie coming out in like 2 months? Thats super quick, can someone comfirm? Also id like to start reading the manga (assuming this follows it), what chapter should i start at?

Yes, the movie was announced last year together with the 3rd season, it'll come out on June 10th (here the MAL page).
The manga isn't exactly the same, it has less development. There are a few episodes in the anime that don't exist in the manga (this episode I don't remember it, but I could be wrong). The ending of the 2nd season too (the summer festival) I think was anime original.
The movie will be about the summer vacation on their 3rd year, and from this last episode I'd say it could be an anime original ending.
Mar 25, 2022 12:40 PM
Dec 2012
tomoto-kun said:

the first line of the ending song, i recognized it! such a good one to end it on. hear it a lot when i use my SiriusXM/Pandora mobile app (Anime Kei station) - But i'm struggling to remember who did the original, as the one in this ending was done by Takahashi-san.

as for this episode, the feels train hit hard.

edit: found the OG artist. Orange Range
DarthMarioMar 25, 2022 12:47 PM
Mar 25, 2022 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
So close to a confession, but not quite. Well, perhaps that's no surprise with the movie so close on the horizon (undoubtedly, they want to save that sort of moment for a grand finale to the movie).

Another great season of this show comes to an end, and this season we even got to see Chii at last. 8/10 and, in all likelihood, my AOTS.
Mar 25, 2022 1:52 PM

Mar 2021
Fantastic and beautiful ending was expecting him to say i love you and that end song was perfect very much looking forword to the movie
Mar 25, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2021
...aaand it's finally over. I'll be honest, if it weren't for the excellent episode 11 and this pretty good finale I'd have given the show a low score. My biggest problem with season 3 is that it went backwards in progression; the main two were holding hands at the end of season 2 but for the bulk of this went back to keeping their distance and blushing. As it is I rate S3 a 6.5/10, a decent enough watch I don't regret but inferior to the likes of Tonari no Seki-kun or even Nagatoro-san.
Mar 25, 2022 2:43 PM
Jul 2017
My kokoro... Too pure.
Mar 25, 2022 2:43 PM
Jul 2021
mtcmweebbd said:

2. from where should i start to read the manga? and how much story left in the manga?
So, I’m not sure where this ep left of, but I’d recommend you searching for it on google or Reddit.also, this ending ep was an anime original as far as I know and the manga still contains a lot, and I mean A LOT of stuff. There’s also a spin-off where they are already married and have a daughter.
Help I’m addicted to mid shows
Mar 25, 2022 3:34 PM

Feb 2016
Takagi must feel cold wearing short shorts while Nishikata wears a scarf.
その目だれの目?
Mar 25, 2022 3:39 PM
Jan 2022
What the hell was that, Nishikata can't find enough space in a locker for a box? Who drew that locker and said "there is no speace next to this pair of shoes and 2/3 of the space empty"? And how the hell is Nishikata so scared to talk even to a friend? How hard it is to be honest if you are japanese? Is this how every male in the enti9re country is like? I might hate myself if I had to live like this. Also, what kind of logic was that to go to the pier instead of waiting for her to get back home and just ask her to come out for a bit? I feel like Nishikata is one of the densest MC in existence. He needed 2 years/3seasons to realise that maybe Takagi was ones and that he had feelings for her. God damn, talk about lack of honesty. Yet I am big sucker for romantic endings like this and yet he still wasn't honest he still said something really stupid like "I wanted to return the favor" What the fuck was that? How can you be such a coward? God damn, it is making me drop this anime. It is so slow and so... IDK , it migt get more ep than one piece in order for Nishikata to say the words to Takagi.
Mar 25, 2022 4:14 PM
Jan 2019
So damn beautiful, the last scene really really touched my heart and made me smile like a kid, quite sad because this is coming to an end, are they going to make original ending in the Movie?
Mar 25, 2022 4:33 PM
Jun 2021
Good ending that capped off a great season also is the movie going to be the finale or will we get a season 4?
Mar 25, 2022 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
Of course we weren't going to have a straight confession but I couldn't stop grinning like an idiot with how sweet it all was. From Nishikata realizing that all those teasing confessions maybe were Takagi's true feelings, Nishikata chasing after her, expressing his feelings in his own way and Takagi's reaction.... what a great ending!

It was fun to see Mina, Yukari and Sanae take on the quest that Nishikata had prepared for Takagi and it was just great how they rushed to put everything back when they realized who it was really for. He really put in a lot of effort and I love it.

It's amazing how this show has already had three seasons and how each one is better than the last. This anime season has had so many great shows but I think this one has been my favorite, I have so much fun with it and it just makes me happy to watch a new episode, so at the same time it's sad to see another season come to an end.

I have to mention how much I love Rie Takahashi's performance as Takagi. She and Megumin are my favorite characters from her.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. Man, I'm really going to miss this, as much as I'm looking forward to the movie, I hope that's not going to be the last we see of the series.
Mar 25, 2022 4:40 PM
Dec 2018
at the beginning of season 3, takagi had a dream that nishikata gave her a box that transported them to a field of cherry trees. there, she outstretched her hand and he began confessing his feelings, but a strong breeze makes it impossible to hear anything and she's swept away before waking up. afterwards she says "i hope he says it to me for real some day"
while he doesn't exactly confess, he does make her dream come true, and she's really quick to hold his hands and get close to confirm it's real
very cute reincorporation imho
Mar 25, 2022 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
WAIT WHAT WAS INSIDE NISHIKATA'S FINAL PRESENT? The one that got crushed by the car??? I guess just chocolate right

I haven't finished the manga but I hope this is a season finale rather than a series finale.
Never mind, there's still a feature-length film on the way, right? So there's at least one more installment in the future. That's a relief.

It's very wholesome that Nishikata made an entire game. He at least must consider Takagi his best friend if he's gonna devote so much time during and outside of school to prepare something like that. It was also rewarding seeing Nishikata say "I enjoy spending time with her and she's cute... does that mean I like her?" Hearing him admit that he outright enjoys spending time with her, instead of doing it out of obligation, is pretty nice.

I left a review on MAL raving about continuity in this season. I think it's really cool how they brought back the Bryan book, and how Nishikata didn't find the words "I love you" in it, and then how he began to piece things together. It really felt like this season had an overarching storyline, as opposed to the first two seasons which were mostly episodic. All the seasons were good, of course. But this was a big step up. Also, the first two seasons kinda had to be episodic, to milk this show for as long as possible.

This was absolutely the best season yet. 10/10, which is a rating I rarely give. It checked all the boxes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2022

57 by Jfile904 »»
Mar 28, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2022

143 by xRbzx »»
Mar 7, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

105 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

92 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2022

91 by Tamermoga73 »»
Aug 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.