New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « First ... « 108 109 [110] 111 112 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2019 12:01 AM

Dec 2008
Shishio-kun said:
MsBanana said:
I need help.
I made my list design years ago, and today I made a simple update of changing between list styles. That changed my list appearance regarding the color of the background of the anime details area.
Here is how it used to be:

Now the dark purple area is just black. How can I fix that without changing the backgrounds of the completed, dropped ect links?
I know that in my code there is the #list_surround codes that effect this but it also change the said links area, and I don't want it to effect that as well.
What can I do? Why did it change anyway if I didn't change anything in the code?
here is my list design code:

A dead link is the reason

you need this at the bottom

.category_totals,
.td1,
.td2,
#grand_totals,
#copyright {
background-image: url(none);
background-color: rgba(102,0,102,0.2) !important;
}

You have to adjust the numbers after rgba until you get the color you want, you can preview it here
http://www.menucool.com/rgba-color-picker

just click the arrow by demo 2

Also I see a line of code at the bottom of your css "read more" or something, you have to delete that too or else it interferes with codes under it.

Thank you, with your help I was able to fix it. :)

Feb 7, 2019 3:16 AM

Jul 2016
Can a daughter element created by :after/:before have a higher z-index or opacity than the parent?

---
My list has a lot of open white space due to void date cells. So I wanted to fill them with something to break up that area.

Void `score` and `progress` stats have a "-" put in their place, so let's go with that for consistency.

This can do it, but puts the -'s superimposed on the dates.
Due to the positioning being static.
Ok, new method:

Doing it like this puts the -'s on a separate line if a date is present.
Bargain, how often can you get "conditional formatting" in CSS.

So how can we get rid of the displaced -'s?

The only thing I know how to do is masking, which I hate the results of.
But let's go with it.

I found this difficult to do, until I realised I could use .list-table-data:after instead of data.started:after
[But this prevents the use of color: inherit]

The results are really nice, but problems come about with dropped-parent entries, because the background is now red.
What do then? Mask the mask ofc.
But this doesn't work.

1] The 2nd-red mask is under the 1st-white one.
2] It's still transparent at :opacity 1 !important;, limited by the red-banner's maximum opacity.

FUCK. So close.

The live CSS on my list is at this point, if you wish to see it.

Unfortunately I have to tie mask-2 to the dropped-parent red-tag-banner, because it has to be conditional like that.
And the dropped-parent red-tag-banner has to be transparent, else it'd block the entire entry.

I need mask-2 to behave as a separate entity from the parent.
mtsRheaFeb 7, 2019 3:26 AM

Feb 7, 2019 3:32 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
mutsuto said:
WHOA! TIL CSS can do calculation functions.
Makes me wish it could handle variables even more so.
Yeah, only basic mathematics but it can really help out in some cases. :) CSS does have variables, but they may not be as dynamic as you wish. They can be used almost anywhere in a property's value, but not anywhere else. Here's an explanation doc (will probably be better than me trying lol): https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_variables.asp

mutsuto said:
god damnit it I hate these :after things.
I feel that. They're like drugs though, I can't stop! I hope I'm not subconciously becoming too reliant on them.

mutsuto said:
this is strange. background color and color both have to be defined in the code else this :after effect doesn't work. with only one it becomes grey. bizarre.
Hm. I'm thinking it's probably caused by either lack of an !important mark on the currentcolor background (seen below) or Chrome applying things wrong again.
.list-table .list-table-data .data.status {
	background-color: currentcolor !important;
}
It's possible I just forgot to add an !important mark, or as I say could be something else. I'm tempted to look into this but I don't understand the circumstances well enough to try and recreate it.

mutsuto said:
Thank you for all the help. It's really appreciated.
And I think it looks rather cool.
👍

mutsuto said:
oops, uncropped posters display under titles + searchbar

I tried removing your z-index overrides, and I don't see the :after line over the posters as you report.
Oh, that's odd. I am having the same experience right now, no z-index issues to be seen. But I know that is was required when I was doing it the other night... Pretty sure I'm not going mad. Well, unless it pops up again I am happy to chalk it up to a rogue piece of code or some other mistake I made since I was rushing a bit.

mutsuto said:
Oh thought I'd mention to you since you said you may experiment with `more` sections yourself.
My solution depends on the number of lines above the comments.

On a manga list that is different from anime, causing the position to be different.

This isn't something I care about for my own list, but I imagine you would.
I don't know how you'd solve this, so I can't help.
You know me too well, that would bug me to no end. :) Thanks for pointing it out, I actually have a design on the go with the concept so it's good to catch that early. Using :nth-child seems to work, I just had to specify a different amount for mangalist. Although, I'll have to test it further when I have more time. Fingers crossed it doesn't become an issue.
Feb 7, 2019 3:47 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
@mutsuto You never cease to impress with your ingenuity. :D That's a difficult question, that. z-index gets real confusing real fast and I avoid it as much as realistically possible haha. What also drives me mad is that opacity can mess with the positioning too, don't know what insane person decided that. But anyhow, what seems to fix the issue on my end is removing the z-index from .list-table-data:after. It's already after the table cells in the HTML, and therefore "above" them so it should be fine this way.
#list-container > div.list-block > div > table > tbody > tr.list-table-data:after { z-index: initial; }

I wish we could use an :empty selector here but it's really finnicky on what it wants to select. :/

As to some of your other points there, there's no way to make the child behave as though it were a new element. I wish there was though. :( Although you could probably avoid using "opacity" in future cases by instead setting rgba values for the background and colour. This should work in most cases except complex ones (such as images) that require the entire element to be transparent.
Valerio_LyndonFeb 7, 2019 3:54 AM
Feb 7, 2019 5:10 AM

Jul 2016
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Hm. I'm thinking it's probably caused by either lack of an !important mark on the currentcolor background (seen below) or Chrome applying things wrong again.
Correct. Fixed now.
You never cease to impress with your ingenuity.
Thank you.
removing the z-index from .list-table-data:after
Wow. Really clever stop, I'd have never thought of that.
I actually can't believe that finding a solution to this was possible.
I was ready to live with this situation.

I'm currently having fun wrestling with trying to get an ellipse-gradient just the right amount of pointy-ness.
Has proved difficult, and I quickly found the limitations of calc().

edit: I have done it! I present the perfect pointy faded gradient-ellipse
edit2: even better with an off-set
mtsRheaFeb 7, 2019 7:01 AM

Feb 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Well I just instantly remembered why I'd kept a w h i t e background for all this time...
https://i.imgur.com/LJez74x.png

p.s. I textured all the things

Feb 8, 2019 3:49 AM

Jan 2019
How Can I Move My Right-Hand character Down A Bit?

ZainKeanFeb 8, 2019 4:44 AM
Feb 8, 2019 3:52 AM

Feb 2010
anyone got any suggestions for backgrounds to use with this render? I like to use it a lot so any help is appreciated :D

Feb 8, 2019 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
I asked lanblade to have a look at my list, as he's good at feedback.

He found 2 bugs.

[1]
The first were gaps beneath some entry's posters
This reminds me of the Babel Nisei OVA issue from a few days ago, except it's on multiple rows now.
But both the disease [tag overflow] and symptom [crop] were fixed since then.

In the time it took for me to respond to him as I was asleep, those gaps are now gone.
This reminds me of the preview caching issue, how certain posters failed to load at all temporarily.

[2]
The second is what he attributed to bleed-over of certain posters.
What I think is happening is a subpixel misalignment of the over-poster and under-posters.
We're seeing just a little poking out from the side.

Or maybe a random border is being placed there, or maybe chrome is rounding up sometimes and down the other times on his end?
Either way it's strange that it's only some posters.

Maybe issue [1] is another form of issue [2].
Maybe it's a vertical shift.
But if that were true - no gap should be made as the image continues below the row-height.

It's also possible that [1] is related to the :after box that was added to the `more` section that @Valerio_Lyndon suggested?

Feb 8, 2019 4:01 AM

Jul 2016
ZainKean said:

The image you linked is deleted?

Feb 8, 2019 4:46 AM

Jan 2019
I reuploaded it
https://imgur.com/l1ohkNc
@mutsuto
Feb 8, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2016
Shishio-kun said:
anyone got any suggestions for backgrounds to use with this render? I like to use it a lot so any help is appreciated :D

https://i.imgur.com/rRqe6ag.png

Look at her eyes, those deep blue eyes. The only blue on the entire design.

Choose a background which brings those out as much as possible.

You could go with another blue, so maybe an ocean or sky scene.
Or go with something that complements blue, like orange. Sunset/ fire wouldn't work due to the lighting on the figure though.

Feb 8, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2016
How do I get height: auto; to work for my imported posters?

If I use it, they vanish.
I think it has something to do with the parent it's :after-ing, but they have declared heights already.

Currently I'm using width: 140, height: 220.
But that ratio results in clipping the edges.

This was a desired effect once-upon-a-time due to trying to conserve title-width.
But now I have loads of room due to moving the tags.

Something closer to height: 200 is needed.
But TV anime poster's ratios are not standardised and the optimum height for me to set changes entry-entry.

Feb 8, 2019 8:18 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
ZainKean said:

https://imgur.com/l1ohkNc
Look for "CHARACTER 2" in your CSS. Here's what it looks like currently:

The easiest way to move the character is to change the "background-position" line. By changing the second part of it (the "top") to a number you can move it. The number has to have "px" at the end though. For example:
background-position: center 0px;

Or, if that sounds like a pain/you can't find the code, you can just add this to the bottom of your CSS and then tweak the second number. Negative numbers (-55px) work just as well as positive ones. :)
.header .header-title:after {
	background-position: center 0px;
}
Valerio_LyndonFeb 8, 2019 8:23 PM
Feb 8, 2019 11:45 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
:o It's beautiful!

mutsuto said:
Well I just instantly remembered why I'd kept a w h i t e background for all this time...
https://i.imgur.com/LJez74x.png

p.s. I textured all the things
Just took a look at it, very clever! I thought you had used an image, but it's all CSS!

mutsuto said:
I asked lanblade to have a look at my list, as he's good at feedback.

He found 2 bugs.

[1]
The first were gaps beneath some entry's posters

[2]
The second is what he attributed to bleed-over of certain posters.

It's also possible that [1] is related to the :after box that was added to the `more` section that @Valerio_Lyndon suggested?
Hmm, I can't reproduce either of these issues so I won't be of much help this time. :/ Tested on several different browsers, no luck.

I honestly have no idea about #1. Might be a clip-path bug or perhaps an issue with a border again? #2 looks like a positioning issue, but scanning the code I can't see what might cause it. The best way to attempt fixing these kinds of issues is to find the offending element, probably the :before element, and then shear off as much styling as possible from least to most important until the problem goes away. Then, rebuild from there until something breaks again and you have a good pointer as to what is causing it. Just make sure to backup your code before starting. I would also try widening the :before element (maybe 10 pixels extra of width) to rule out the browser calculating something wrong and leaving a pixel gap.

Nothing's ever impossible, but I don't believe it's more-info that's the problem. more-info is set to "display: none;" until it has been expanded and it would be noticeable if it were displaying.

mutsuto said:
How do I get height: auto; to work for my imported posters?
I don't believe there's a way to do so, or at least I don't know of one. The images are implemented with background-image which has no effect on the container's size. It's normally the opposite rather, with the background being informed by the container.

It used to be that we could have used a custom preset for image generators. This might have allowed using the image inside of the "content" property rather than as a background, which would place it into the HTML similar to a normal object. I have not used the trick much but I believe that would allow using auto height. This is just a wishful tangent though since I don't know of a way to do this without a custom generator preset.

Edit:
Also just noticed, .list-table-data:after seems to be poking through once again. [Image] (look at tag text) I don't remember this being an issue, but maybe something got jumbled. Anyhow, changing z-index from 0 to 1 .data.tags should fix it.
Valerio_LyndonFeb 8, 2019 11:58 PM
Feb 9, 2019 12:14 AM

Jan 2019
Thx @Valerio_Lyndon
I was able to move it down.
Feb 9, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2016
Is it not possible to move the row-number without moving the cell?

Currently I'm using
.data.number {
  position: relative;
  left: -49px;
}
Which just moves the entire cell.
A practice I'd like to avoid.

I was hoping there would be a div around the number itself, so I could move it with negative-margin values.
But there isn't one

Feb 9, 2019 8:23 AM

Jul 2016
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Also just noticed, .list-table-data:after seems to be poking through once again.

Yea, I'd been messing with a few z-values.
This was collateral damage I missed. Thank you.

---

Currently I'm using
.data.number {
  position: relative;
  left: -49px;
}
Which just moves the entire cell.
A practice I'd like to avoid.

I was hoping there would be a div around the number itself, so I could move it with negative-margin values.
But there isn't one

Feb 9, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2016

edit: 2 hours later, back to normal. how odd. took a good 10-20s of loading also to open the page.
i hope this cache issue doesn't become more common
mtsRheaFeb 9, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 9, 2019 5:34 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
mutsuto said:

I was hoping there would be a div…
Hmm, not sure. There's text-indent, but it isn't working for me unless I align the text to the left, which obviously isn't what we want.
/* New Code */
.data.number {
	text-indent: -30px;
	text-align: left !important;
}

/* Overrides */
.data.number {
	position: static !important;
}

Is the table cell causing any new issues? There's naturally a lot of jank that goes into CSS themes, so while eliminating it is best it isn't a massive deal as long as it is not actively causing issues. But without the ability to modify the HTML as well there's only so much you can do. As long as you know what you shouldn't be doing on a real website it doesn't matter too much. :)

Wish that caching issue wouldn't happen. :/ Must be a bug in the generator somewhere. I assume it's caused or exacerbated by your list having so many entries but that's only a guess.
Feb 10, 2019 5:25 AM

Jul 2016
Valerio_Lyndon said:
There's text-indent, but it isn't working for me unless I align the text to the left, which obviously isn't what we want.
Took me a second to realise why this solution wasn't what we wanted [large N values].

Dang, so close to perfect.
Though I'm surprised that you could get that far, I thought the answer was definitely "no".
I'll try to remember text-indent in future.

Is the table cell causing any new issues?
Nah, just layered jank is getting to me.

I assume it's caused or exacerbated by your list having so many entries but that's only a guess.
I thought this also.
A few hours of me continuously f5-ing while making incremental changing and previewing them must be more traffic than is expected in a week.
DDOS by anime-death.
mtsRheaFeb 10, 2019 5:29 AM

Feb 10, 2019 9:00 AM

Jul 2016
https://i.imgur.com/CclwGSo.png
https://i.imgur.com/7wwz9wJ.png

TIL you can customise the searching function.
Imma start fuckin' around and see what I can do.

Feb 11, 2019 2:48 AM

Jul 2016
How do I change the colour of:
  • The drop-down menu box-outline
  • The drop-down menu column-outline
  • The drop-down menu arrow
  • The drop-down menu line-selection
  • Ascending and Descending button selection.
I've tried and failed.
I assume it's using ::selection, but I couldn't get it to work.

Feb 11, 2019 3:21 AM

Feb 2010
@mutsuto

Have you tried using Inspect Element in Firefox (or Waterfox) to find the codes you need? That's what I would do first.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1329419
Feb 11, 2019 3:31 AM

Jul 2016
Shishio-kun said:
@mutsuto

Have you tried using Inspect Element in Firefox (or Waterfox) to find the codes you need? That's what I would do first.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1329419
Ah ofc. Ty.
I need to use :checked.
I'll get on it.

Feb 11, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2016
I've come a decent way since I last posted,
but I've yet again hit a road block.

Most of the initial things I wanted to do are completed.

I was only merely able to fudge the box-selection outline.
That is not a purple outline, that is red layered over the blue I wish to change.
This was done using :focus
#advanced-options [class*="-widget"] select:focus{border-color: red; }
But if you expand the drop-down menu you see the blue is still there and extends down over the options.

I also wish to change the highlight-bar's color,
and apply Small-Caps to the selected-option [I've only been able to do it for the options in the menu].

I'll continue to see if i can find it myself, but would appreciate help.

Feb 11, 2019 8:02 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
mutsuto said:
I've come a decent way since I last posted,
but I've yet again hit a road block.

Most of the initial things I wanted to do are completed.

I was only merely able to fudge the box-selection outline.
That is not a purple outline, that is red layered over the blue I wish to change.
This was done using :focus
#advanced-options [class*="-widget"] select:focus{border-color: red; }
But if you expand the drop-down menu you see the blue is still there and extends down over the options.

I also wish to change the highlight-bar's color,
and apply Small-Caps to the selected-option [I've only been able to do it for the options in the menu].

I'll continue to see if i can find it myself, but would appreciate help.
Looking good. :)

Yes, working with focus states and such can get confusing. I can see why you are having some trouble. If you activate focus state and scroll down enough in the inspector you should be able to find a "select:focus" property that is rendering the extra colour. It's controlled using "outline". Unfortunately, it seems that this won't affect the dropdown edges, but it does solve the select box's edge.

So to change it you can either set the "outline-color" or the entirety of the "outline".
#advanced-options select:focus {
	/* These are examples, not meant to work together */
	outline-color: red; /* quick fix for the colour */
	outline: 1px solid red; /* changing it to a solid red outline */
	outline: 1px auto red; /* changing size and colour with "auto" style, which renders differently per browser */
	outline: none; /* ew get rid of it */
}

---

As to styling the dropdown hover, this is where CSS is somewhat lacking. I don't know of any way to style either the outline/border colour or the hover state. I know you can change:
• Item backgrounds.
• Selected item's background.
• Various font properties, including colour.
(Possibly a couple more I'm forgetting)
But even that varies a lot depending on operating system and browser. The problem seems to be that the dropdown treated similarly to a system element or actually is a system element. For instance, on Mac it (probably) looks like this: [Image]. Not that I'd worry about how it looks on Mac for the most part, but it's a good example of the behaviour. Why does it work this way? No clue, but I'm sure it made sense at the time it was implemented. There are ways around this using HTML and/or Javascript but no CSS-only ones yet. Fingers crossed this will be better in the future.

---

Looks like applying the font to the <select> tag itself should work, same as the <option>. Just need to be specified differently.
#advanced-options select {
	font-variant: small-caps !important;
	letter-spacing: 0.3px;
}
Valerio_LyndonFeb 11, 2019 8:09 PM
Feb 12, 2019 7:00 AM

Jul 2016
God fucking damnit. That's an annoying obscure thing.
Using:
#advanced-options select:focus { outline: 1.5px solid #b19cd9; }
You can see there is a strange buffer that is present on the default outline but not on the override.
Before - https://i.imgur.com/yw1VNzf.png
After - https://i.imgur.com/iqoEsJB.png
Not that such a thing matters, just thought it's interesting so I'm pointing it out.
So I'm writing to outline and border for my desired results.
actually is a system element
I did suspect this to be the case, on the basis that i] I've never seen anyone ever change it before
ii] Default's never fit the website they're on
I'm glad I now have a concrete answer.
font
G'damn it how did I miss that.

A'ight. Thank you.

Now that I've got the fundamentals covered, time to start messing with the form-factor.
mtsRheaFeb 12, 2019 7:44 AM

Feb 12, 2019 7:49 AM

Jul 2016
nymphiae just let me know that my Apply and Clear unicode symbols, 💮 and ,
display as red on her mobile and when viewed by her desktop [firefox quantum 65.0 on windows 10]

how they should look:

How annoying.

Is there anything specific needed to re-color for firefox,

or is this a compatibility issue w/ unicode characters?
but if that was the case why would they display at all...

But being red... that is strange, because the default color is white.

They said
probably because certain unicode characters are emojis when viewed on mobile?
But shouldn't apply to firefox? which is where that image is from.

I guess I'll have to move to using fontawesome icons, as they suggested.

edit: I've now added
color: #fafaf2 !important;
to these symbols, I'll check with them on if this fixes it. :shrug:
edit2: Nope, didn't work
no, i think they're displayed like images, because they're emojis. they're not solid color, the x is red with a black outline and the sakura is red/white with a black outline.
I'll look for icon replacements.
mtsRheaFeb 12, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 12, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2016

I've been noticing this more and more, and I'm interested to know why.

On some things my user-CSS is prioritied below the default.
Despite having the exact same selector.
Only with the use of !important can I can something to apply.

Why does this exception sometimes happen?

edit: For this specific example I can prioritise using
#advanced-options #fancybox-close
But I wanna know why I have to do that when the default is using the same selector.
mtsRheaFeb 12, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 12, 2019 1:25 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
@mutsuto Yeah, "auto" outline seems to be different from specified options such as "solid", since it allows the browser to give any styling it wants. It seems like there is some loose interpretation of the spec being applied since outline is, generally, only used for focusing elements. You could probably get away with using only border if you wanted, as long as it appears how you want in the end. Nothing saying you have to use outline. ^^

---

I agree with her on the emoji analysis. Normally, you would be correct in that Firefox should use the system font, but Firefox uses a special font for emojis that overrides what the system uses (it's actually quite useful for systems like mine that don't have many emoji available). So image or FontAwesome is indeed the safest way to go since it's defined by the browser and not the client. Any other custom emoji/unicode font with those characters in it should also work, although I am unsure what offerings are out there. FontAwesome is the most convenient since MAL already loads v4.7 onto the website without extra effort from us (full list of FA icons [here] if you're curious, since it's harder to find than v5 icons and v5 is not what's being used).

---

Good catch! Looks like the CSS for that is being loaded by a different file than the rest. Most of the default CSS is in the first <style> section here (highlighted line):

Your CSS gets placed within the "custom-css" section, which is below that and therefore takes precedence. But there is also another stylesheet (the one loading the fancybox-close and some other stuff) that is further down and being loaded from an external file. It's the highlighted line here:

I am not too familiar with HTML loading priority but it does seem that further down is loaded with higher priority, so it must be taking precedence. I assume this was done since the code for fancybox is likely reused elsewhere on MAL so they decided to reuse a file. This should only be an issue with lines of CSS that list the "style-6a71e6f78.css:##" in the top right there. If it says mutsuto:## then it's probably being loaded from either the default CSS (lower priorty than yours) or your CSS.
Valerio_LyndonFeb 12, 2019 1:33 PM
Feb 12, 2019 2:20 PM

Nov 2013

Thanks, this worked!

Also I've got another question, is there any MAL theme or extension that at least shows the seen parts of the franchise in different colour or marks them somehow?

As in, say you got a main show with a bunch of OVA's and specials, then it would colour the ones you've seen green or something and the ones you haven't seen are the default colour.

Just a thought, but I wanted to ask if there's such a thing.

Something like this, I just highlighted the text so you could get an idea what I'm on about..
SenatorFeb 12, 2019 2:24 PM
Feb 12, 2019 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Senator said:

Thanks, this worked!

Also I've got another question, is there any MAL theme or extension that at least shows the seen parts of the franchise in different colour or marks them somehow?

As in, say you got a main show with a bunch of OVA's and specials, then it would colour the ones you've seen green or something and the ones you haven't seen are the default colour.

Something like this, I just highlighted the text so you could get an idea what I'm on about..

not sure, so I guess the only thing I can recommend is you look thru the themes and CSS tutorials for what you're looking for? D:

unless someone makes the codes to add
Shishio-kunFeb 12, 2019 3:20 PM
Feb 12, 2019 3:18 PM

Jul 2016
Valerio_Lyndon said:
So image or FontAwesome is indeed the safest way to go since it's defined by the browser and not the client.
This is so counter-intuitive, counter to the entire point of the unicode consortium...
mtsRheaFeb 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Feb 12, 2019 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
Shishio-kun said:
Senator said:

Thanks, this worked!

not sure, so I guess the only thing I can recommend is you look thru the themes and CSS tutorials for what you're looking for? D:

unless someone makes the codes to add

Well, I guess it requires some feed taken from the anime list itself to be fed to the extension/theme so that it marks the correct ones somehow.. I'm not good at this kinda stuff at all tho, haha, so I tought that maybe there's something like that already..

Getting ideas and never being able to make em happen is a bit irritating :I
Feb 12, 2019 4:55 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
Senator said:
Well, I guess it requires some feed taken from the anime list itself to be fed to the extension/theme so that it marks the correct ones somehow.. I'm not good at this kinda stuff at all tho, haha, so I tought that maybe there's something like that already..

It should be possible with Javascript, but I don't know of a script that already does this. I have that same irritation, perhaps we should both learn Javascript and finally make our dreams come true. :P
Feb 12, 2019 5:14 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
mutsuto said:
Valerio_Lyndon said:
So image or FontAwesome is indeed the safest way to go since it's defined by the browser and not the client.
This is so counter-intuitive, counter to the entire point of the unicode consortium...
Well, it would look consistent if a font with those characters were defined and loaded on the webpage. This is how most text retains its consistency across browsers and devices. But without being told what to load it has to fall back on the system's choice of font, which in this case varies drastically due to how recent emojis are and differing art styles across brands. If the webpage's font is undefined this same issue would occur for normal text and it would fall back on whatever font the system/browser chooses. I'm not sure if there is a free emoji font but there might well be one out there that could give proper cross-platform consistency (I believe, anyway. I won't rule out that some mobiles devices might play weird, I have not tested it). The reason images are great for cross-compatibility is simply that they are unchanging no matter the device (for the most part). If they load, great! If they don't, then unlike a font which falls back on a different file the image will simply not display. This can be a desired result or not depending on the use case though.
Feb 13, 2019 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
Valerio_Lyndon said:
Senator said:

It should be possible with Javascript, but I don't know of a script that already does this. I have that same irritation, perhaps we should both learn Javascript and finally make our dreams come true. :P

Hehe, indeed, at least I'm not the only one who has thought of this. If nothing else, perhaps someone with actual programming knowledge thinks of the same thing and has the skill to somehow make it happen..

Most I've done is fiddle diddle around with c++ back in the day, forgotten it all by now tho
Feb 18, 2019 3:16 AM

Feb 2015
Hello the over to see cover thing stopped working how do i fix it?

mal - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/theweaboopenguin

code -

ALSO how do i make the gussian blur thing work?

theweaboopenguinFeb 18, 2019 3:20 AM
SEND ME DA FRIEND REQUEST AND COMMENT ON MY PROFILE <33

I LOVE YUKINO YUKINOSHITA, CHITOGE AND YUNO GASAI.. they changed my life.. every night b4 sleeping i think about them and pray that i meet a yukino/chitoge/yuno irl <33
i will stay virgin for them <33 i know they are out there and i will meet them <33 i love u yukino bbb
Feb 18, 2019 3:47 AM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
theweaboopenguin said:

code -

Try the fixes in this thread, it should be what you're looking for: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=439897

I can't check your list currently to understand what you mean by blur so I'll have to get back to you on that later.
Feb 18, 2019 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
Valerio_Lyndon said:
theweaboopenguin said:

code -

Try the fixes in this thread, it should be what you're looking for: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=439897

I can't check your list currently to understand what you mean by blur so I'll have to get back to you on that later.

so apparently my css only works when i am logged in and only i can see it

not logged in - https://i.imgur.com/QBB8DDm.png

logged in https://i.imgur.com/NU9xP0Z.png

current css -
theweaboopenguinFeb 18, 2019 6:30 AM

I LOVE YUKINO YUKINOSHITA, CHITOGE AND YUNO GASAI.. they changed my life.. every night b4 sleeping i think about them and pray that i meet a yukino/chitoge/yuno irl <33
i will stay virgin for them <33 i know they are out there and i will meet them <33 i love u yukino bbb
Feb 18, 2019 5:51 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
@theweaboopenguin There's a fix for that too on the same thread. :) Here's your code with both fixes applied (covers and logged out view). Delete your current code and replace it with this revised version:
The covers were fixed by switching generator and the logged out view was fixed by switching formats on the "@import" lines (adding a backslash).

I don't know why those things said "gaussian blur" next to them, as they don't have any blur. Were you wanting to blur something in particular? If you wanted blur on the background images the easiest way would be to edit the images directly and then replace the current ones with the blurred versions. There's also some ways to do it in CSS though.
Feb 19, 2019 2:30 AM

Feb 2015
Valerio_Lyndon said:
@theweaboopenguin There's a fix for that too on the same thread. :) Here's your code with both fixes applied (covers and logged out view). Delete your current code and replace it with this revised version:
The covers were fixed by switching generator and the logged out view was fixed by switching formats on the "@import" lines (adding a backslash).

I don't know why those things said "gaussian blur" next to them, as they don't have any blur. Were you wanting to blur something in particular? If you wanted blur on the background images the easiest way would be to edit the images directly and then replace the current ones with the blurred versions. There's also some ways to do it in CSS though.

Thank you so much!! Thanks a lot its all fixed now

Not really i was just wondering why the blur wasnt working. I would have tried it and if it looked good kept it. But its fine haha

Feb 23, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2015
Hey, I've got a little problem and would appreciate it if someone would help me on that matter!

It's about my background picture on my anime list, seems like it's not framed right? Akari (the girl on the bottom left) should be more visible than that, seems like the picture was cutted out.
How can I fix that?

Here's the original picture:
Feb 23, 2019 12:32 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
@iTitania_ Near the bottom of your list's CSS you should find a section labelled "The list background". Here's what it looks like:
/* The list background */

body[data-query*='"status":1'],
body[data-query*='"status":2'],
body[data-query*='"status":3'],
body[data-query*='"status":4'],
body[data-query*='"status":6'],
body[data-query*='"status":7'] {
background-attachment: fixed !important;
background-position: center top;
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
background-size:cover;
}

This is where you can tweak various display settings for the background.

Now, a certain amount of cropping is to be expected with the image unless you change how the image is displayed. Currently, it displays in a manner that leaves no blank space and does not stretch the image. The easiest way to reposition the image would be to change the text after "background-position". You can use top/center/bottom/right/left or percentages/pixels. So for instance, "center 66%" or "300px bottom". The first word/number is the horizontal axis, the second is the vertical. It's currently set to "center top" (so centered horizontally, aligned to the top vertically). To get a bit more of the bottom left character to display you could try setting it to "center center" [Before: center top] [After: center center] or you could mess around with percentages, for instance "center 33%", which would move it a little but not as much. It's worth noting that "center center" is equivalent to "50% 50%". Here's the example in code:
/* The list background */

body[data-query*='"status":1'],
body[data-query*='"status":2'],
body[data-query*='"status":3'],
body[data-query*='"status":4'],
body[data-query*='"status":6'],
body[data-query*='"status":7'] {
background-attachment: fixed !important;
background-position: center 33%;
background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
background-size: cover;
}
If you're really not feeling like messing with anything, you could slap this onto the bottom of your CSS and it will work but I recommend finding the original piece of code (it's around 5 blocks up from the bottom) and modifying it there. You can use this as an example of what it should look like incase you need it.

There's also the option of changing the background's sizing method. You could change the background-size from "cover" to "contain", but that would leave blank spaces in some areas [Image]. Or you could also set it to "100% 100%" which would stretch it [Image].
Example Lines
background-size: contain;
background-size: 100% 100%;
Valerio_LyndonFeb 23, 2019 12:37 PM
Feb 24, 2019 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
Any GIMP users? Does GIMP have anything that is like Photoshop's Blending Options? Just simple, "change the setting = see the effect" kinda stuff
Feb 26, 2019 4:58 PM
Aug 2016
Hello!

I would like to remove the background color of this bloc, and make it transparent.
https://i.imgur.com/mi6p2bD.png
can anyone help me, please? I would be happy ! ^-^
Feb 26, 2019 6:50 PM
平沢唯

Dec 2016
ceIest said:
Hello!

I would like to remove the background color of this bloc, and make it transparent.
https://i.imgur.com/mi6p2bD.png
can anyone help me, please? I would be happy ! ^-^
This code will do what you want. Add it to your custom CSS box. If you want a different colour at any point just change the "transparent" to any other CSS colour.
.list-unit .list-status-title {
	background: transparent;
}

If you're also looking to change the colour of the text, this can be used (colour can also be changed):
.list-unit .list-status-title .text, .list-unit .list-status-title .stats a {
	color: #ffffff;
}
Valerio_LyndonFeb 26, 2019 6:57 PM
Feb 27, 2019 1:53 AM
Aug 2016
Hey,
it resolved my problem, thank you so much!!!!
have a good day ^-^
Mar 2, 2019 8:57 AM
Jan 2019
hey, is there a way to change the fonts on the list layots?
i'm currently using grid style 5 codes if that help
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (157) « First ... « 108 109 [110] 111 112 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM

» [CSS - CLASSIC] Wishes of the heart ~ XXXholic layout by Hahaido

Shishio-kun - Dec 27, 2015

9 by tsyndi »»
Apr 18, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.