Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (95) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
#1
Apr 15, 2010 12:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
We want to help you, but follow these rules when posting to make it easy on us:

1. If you solve the question on your own or get help through a PM, please update your post
so we know you don't need help anymore.

2. Don't spam the same question in multiple places all over the club.
Choose one place to post your questions (preferably this topic).

3. Volunteer time is valuable, so don't ask for help if you don't plan to use it.

4. Please check if your question is answered in the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) below.
The FAQs are divided into different posts by category to make them easy to search!


We'll get to you if we can! Ask again if you don't get a reply.
If you don't get a reply, it could simply mean no one knows the answer.
While waiting, you can Search the club to try and solve a problem on your own.


Modified by Shishio-kun, Aug 15, 3:56 AM
 
#2
Apr 24, 2010 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Modern List (CSS) FAQs



Where to find premade modern layouts and how to use them?
A list of them here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499058

A video tutorial on how to install layouts, plus a link to the text tutorial if you need that, can be found on that page as well (first post).



I installed a layout and it didn't work?
Go to the topic for the layout, be sure you installed it with the correct settings (read the topic), and be sure you are using the right starter tutorial (will be Modern OR Classic). If you try to use a classic style layout on modern list settings, it will not work (and if you use a modern layout on classic list settings it won't work either). The correct starter tutorial will be linked at the top of the layout's page, and you can switch your list between classic and modern settings by clicking here (don't forget to save after).

If you can't find the link to a starter tutorial, or didn't use a starter tutorial at all, see below.

Modern Starter tutorial: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499059
Classic Starter tutorial: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320



How to fix missing or blurry preview pictures (covers, thumbnails, etc)


Refer to the Quick Solutions on this page: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443333





















Modified by Shishio-kun, Aug 21, 1:07 PM
 
#3
May 6, 2010 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Classic List (CSS) FAQs

Where to find premade Classic layouts and how to add them to my list?
Full list here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=318587

Install with this guide: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320



I installed a layout and it didn't work?
Go to the topic for the layout, be sure you installed it with the correct settings (read the topic), and be sure you are using the right starter tutorial (will be Modern OR Classic). If you try to use a classic style layout on modern list settings, it will not work (and if you use a modern layout on classic list settings it won't work either). The correct starter tutorial will be linked at the top of the layout's page, and you can switch your list between classic and modern by clicking here (don't forget to save after).

If you can't find the link to a starter tutorial, or didn't use a starter tutorial at all, see below.

Modern Starter tutorial: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499059
Classic Starter tutorial: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320





How to fix missing preview pictures (covers, thumbnails, etc)


Refer to the Quick Solutions on this page: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443333



















Modified by Shishio-kun, Aug 21, 1:12 PM
 
#4
May 7, 2010 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Profile, Posts, and BBcode FAQs












Modified by Shishio-kun, Jul 23, 4:22 AM
 
#5
May 10, 2010 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Signature FAQs











Modified by Shishio-kun, Jul 23, 4:21 AM
 
#6
Jun 9, 2010 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
FAQs about Rules, Bans, and Deleted Posts












Modified by Shishio-kun, Jul 23, 4:21 AM
 
#7
Aug 9, 2010 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Other FAQs and Solutions














Modified by Shishio-kun, Jul 23, 4:21 AM
 
#8
Aug 13, 2010 3:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
Is there a way to custom-adjust the width of some of the table columns? My "Anime Title" column is a good 180 or so pixels wider than the longest entry, and yet "Tags" is very skinny and set to word wrap, so I have up to 7 lines of text per entry which makes my completed list very long to scroll through. I had a quick look through your pre-made starter code and MAL's pre-made starter code and couldn't find anything, so it doesn't seem to be a default option. (Can only see list_surround, which I think edits the width of the whole table?)
 
#9
Aug 13, 2010 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
So you want to make the tags wide and the anime title's skinny? I don't really know of such a way. Even if you make the list surround wide I saw it doesn't effect the tag section instead it makes the anime title tag larger. Its just not an option on this site as far as I can see, but who knows, maybe someone will have a way later.
 
Aug 18, 2010 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 56
как сделать чтобы задний фон повторялся?

How to make that a back background repeated?
 
Aug 18, 2010 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
Shishio-kun said:
So you want to make the tags wide and the anime title's skinny? I don't really know of such a way. Even if you make the list surround wide I saw it doesn't effect the tag section instead it makes the anime title tag larger. Its just not an option on this site as far as I can see, but who knows, maybe someone will have a way later.


Yeah, that was what I was looking for. Couldn't find anything in the default options and looking through page source so I was wondering if anyone knew a way to force it in (I'm sure that basically everyone using Tags would see this as a useful option, after all :P). Thanks anyway!
 
Aug 19, 2010 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
Hentaro said:
как сделать чтобы задний фон повторялся?

How to make that a back background repeated?




--------------
}
#list_surround {
background-image:url();
background-repeat:repeat;
position:absolute;
width:600px;
}
-------------

This is also on your coding. If its says "no-repeat" change it to repeat; instead.
 
Sep 6, 2010 11:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 557
What's a good website for a banner (gif) besides photoshop
 
Sep 25, 2010 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 257
mysterygirl177 said:
What's a good website for a banner (gif) besides photoshop

You mean Photobucket? I would recommend http://www.tinypic.com, else there are no other good websites to upload pictures on, if that's what you're after. Probably http://imageshack.us, then.
Anyway, what's wrong with Photobucket? They ain't supporting .gif-files, or something?
 
Nov 9, 2010 8:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9908
Ok why is it when I use the ecchi design but change the pic to the following:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2q2e03p.jpg
that is fails to see my pic? WTH?
Here is the full code:

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Nov 17, 2010 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Shishio-kun thanks for all your help.

Although can I ask some things: Firstly, I saw this on HIMR's list, it's regarding the background color for the headers. What is the code to have a background color on the left side of the header, then it slowly fades out to transparency as you look to the right of it? Or should I say, what's the code to place custom images as the backgrounds for your headers?

Example: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HIMR

Also, what would be the code to change the font size of the table titles: E.g. "Score" "Type" "#" "Progress" "Anime Title", etc.

Thanks, again.
Modified by RhythmX, Nov 17, 2010 8:58 AM
 
Nov 17, 2010 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Yumekichi11 said:
Ok why is it when I use the ecchi design but change the pic to the following:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2q2e03p.jpg
that is fails to see my pic? WTH?
Here is the full code:


This code works, but you should fix the background image:



This should the background in place. Hope thats what you meant by not being able to see it, since I can see it when I put the code on your list.





RhythmX said:
Shishio-kun thanks for all your help.

Although can I ask some things: Firstly, I saw this on HIMR's list, it's regarding the background color for the headers. What is the code to have a background color on the left side of the header, then it slowly fades out to transparency as you look to the right of it? Or should I say, what's the code to place custom images as the backgrounds for your headers?

Example: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HIMR

Also, what would be the code to change the font size of the table titles: E.g. "Score" "Type" "#" "Progress" "Anime Title", etc.

Thanks, again.


(1)

There isn't such a background color or effect, at least not yet. This is an image she made in Photoshop or something you can see it here:

http://i34.tinypic.com/29p6pnc.jpg


(2)

In order to change the background of a selector, like body or list surrond, use this code:

background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/2wh0dc9.jpg);

The part in bold is the image link, this is the pic displayed. Change the image link's address to link to another pic. You get these at Tinypic or Photobucket by uploading images and using the "direct link". I went over this in better detail and you get to do it yourself in my tutorial here, changing your basic background, it seems long but its actually quick and easy.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320


(3)

.table_header {
font-size:12px;
}

For "Score" "Type" "#" "Progress; can change the number to whatever size.

.animetitle {
font-size:12px;
}

For anime title.
 
Nov 18, 2010 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Wow thanks heaps Shishio-kun, I got it working perfectly. :)
 
Nov 20, 2010 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 39
i am trying to make my list transparent but im not sure where i should put the codes?
Modified by xTheFallenx, Nov 20, 2010 3:00 AM
 
Nov 20, 2010 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Damakiller said:
i am trying to make my list transparent but im not sure where i should put the codes?


It looks transparent to me atm.
 
Nov 26, 2010 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 7
I want to change the background colour of the box you get when you click on it and can alter the number. It's because it's currently on white and I've got a white font so it's hard to see.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/phoenixwings_195/boxthing.jpg
 
Nov 27, 2010 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
animeangel105 said:
I want to change the background colour of the box you get when you click on it and can alter the number. It's because it's currently on white and I've got a white font so it's hard to see.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/phoenixwings_195/boxthing.jpg


Your list is set to private so I don't know exactly how to fix it or whats making it white text on white, but you can try adding these codes to your CSS bottom I think these would fix it. You don't need to change any of the original codes btw just add this to the bottom and save..

a:hover, .animetitle:hover, .td1:hover, .td2:hover {
color: white;
background: black;
}

This should change this text to white on black color when you put the cursor on it, but I can't confirm it though unless I see the list. Let me know what it does exactly...
 
Jan 9, 2011 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 874
Hey, firstly, thanks for the easy to use tutorial for altering your list design. I am a complete novice when it come to CSS, but you made it basically impossible to screw up. :)

I was wondering, however, whether there was a way to either: a) Have more customisability when it comes to choosing colours. For example, for the 'Currently watching/Dropped/etc' sections, I simply typed 'brown' into the code but it more represents red. b)See a list of which colours you can use.

Also, I was wondering how you could change the heights of those bars. They're slightly too tall for my liking, but I presume there's an easy way somewhere in the code to change it. :)

Thanks again for the help.

Here's the code in case you need to see it.

 
Jan 10, 2011 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Hi, I need help (well, of course)! ó__ò
This is my manga list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Apocaly
I've picked up a pre-made list (the first in the pre-made topic), and I'm slowly changing it.
BUT I can't fix my banner at the top, it covers the 'Currently reading'... what I should do?

Thank you very much ;)

Sing a song ♪♫

 
Jan 11, 2011 12:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Jack_Rav said:
Hey, firstly, thanks for the easy to use tutorial for altering your list design. I am a complete novice when it come to CSS, but you made it basically impossible to screw up. :)

I was wondering, however, whether there was a way to either: a) Have more customisability when it comes to choosing colours. For example, for the 'Currently watching/Dropped/etc' sections, I simply typed 'brown' into the code but it more represents red. b)See a list of which colours you can use.

Also, I was wondering how you could change the heights of those bars. They're slightly too tall for my liking, but I presume there's an easy way somewhere in the code to change it. :)

Thanks again for the help.

Here's the code in case you need to see it.



(1) Yes, you can choose from hundreds of colors actually beyond what we can think of off the top of our heads. First off, there are the many many named colors, like turquoise or magenta, and Wikipedia actually has an essential list with examples of many possible colors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

A lot of these strange color names won't be recognized by the CSS, or they will be spelled differently. Because of this, we use the "number" of the color, which is in the category "hex triplet" on that same list of colors. So for the "Air Force Blue"color, you'd use "#5D8AA8" instead of the word. Probably better to do that every time for colors outside the common ones.

(2) Yes almost anything can be affected with the right code. I think by bars you mean the headers, to make them shorter, add this code to the bottom of your CSS, then adjust the px number to a smaller amount.

.header_title {
height:52px;
}

For your layout, 25px should reduce the size to just outside the font.
Modified by Shishio-kun, Jan 11, 2011 12:15 AM
 
Jan 11, 2011 12:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Apocaly said:
Hi, I need help (well, of course)! ó__ò
This is my manga list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Apocaly
I've picked up a pre-made list (the first in the pre-made topic), and I'm slowly changing it.
BUT I can't fix my banner at the top, it covers the 'Currently reading'... what I should do?

Thank you very much ;)


What you should do depends on what you were planning on doing exactly, which I don't know, but to make the top image stop repeating:

#list_surround .header_title {
background: url(http://tinyurl.com/6zpd2gg) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
height: 216px;
left: -283px;
padding: 25px;
position: absolute;
top: -229px;
width: 869px;
}

Find this code (about 14 codes from the bottom) and change repeat to no-repeat. The top image won't repeat anymore. It only looks like its repeating once from what I can see.

You have another image below that on the layout, but its separate from the others; its the same pic as the top header pic but with a slight edit so you might wanna change it to another one I guess. This is the code for it.

#list_surround {
background-image: url(http://tinyurl.com/5vv8wun);
background-position: right top;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding-top: 232px;
}
 
Jan 11, 2011 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4602
What Program Is Best To Use For Editing Profiles ?
Like For Other People , Their Profile is Very Creative And it'll Probably Say V.03
Kinda Makes Mine Look Like Garbage xD


~Thanks [=
 
Mar 1, 2011 5:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
Hi, I need help with my list.

How do I remove the other columns like this:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Garrett


Also, any tips on how to make my list look better? here it is:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nhelraios

thanks :)
 
Mar 21, 2011 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Nhelraios said:
Hi, I need help with my list.

How do I remove the other columns like this:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Garrett


Also, any tips on how to make my list look better? here it is:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nhelraios

thanks :)


Oh I love that guys list. But what do you mean by columns? You mean like the type/progress stuff? If so try removing checks from the sections you don't want here:

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences

Making lists look better is up to the person. If you can't think of what you want to do, you can ask your friends what they'd think would be cool and you try to do it. You can also use some of the other premade codes we wrote in this group then customize those in unique ways.
 
Jul 3, 2011 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Hi! Can anyone help me? I have problem with the banner on my list. The picture goes into the main header (watching, completed, etc.) as a background image.
The other thing I would like to ask is how do you make the empty space on the top of the list completly disappear?
Here is my code as of right now:

Thanks! :D
 
Jul 4, 2011 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
SaSgz said:
Hi! Can anyone help me? I have problem with the banner on my list. The picture goes into the main header (watching, completed, etc.) as a background image.
The other thing I would like to ask is how do you make the empty space on the top of the list completly disappear?


I see, the banner image became the headers! Here's how you want your code to look, based on what I think you told me. I left a link to an example on your page. You can just replace the whole thing, and we can still make little adjustments after if you need em':


Modified by Shishio-kun, Jul 4, 2011 10:39 AM
 
Jul 4, 2011 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Fuko-Brian said:
What Program Is Best To Use For Editing Profiles ?
Like For Other People , Their Profile is Very Creative And it'll Probably Say V.03
Kinda Makes Mine Look Like Garbage xD


~Thanks [=


Sorry I thought I answered, well the programs I use are Macromedia Fireworks (advanced stuff like blurring, coloring, rendering) and JASC Animation Shop (simple edits, cutting, animating), I think they're best you don't need Photoshop 99% of the time imo.

A lot of people who I respect use GIMP as well. You can always just ask what programs people use on their page. I'd say for a beginner JASC animation shop is best, I did mine with that, and I learned a lot on it. Its not as easy as Paint but its not as hard as Photoshop or Fireworks, and it still does a lot!
 
Jul 4, 2011 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 43
Shishio-kun said:
SaSgz said:
Hi! Can anyone help me? I have problem with the banner on my list. The picture goes into the main header (watching, completed, etc.) as a background image.
The other thing I would like to ask is how do you make the empty space on the top of the list completly disappear?


I see, the banner image became the headers! Here's how you want your code to look, based on what I think you told me. I left a link to an example on your page. You can just replace the whole thing, and we can still make little adjustments after if you need em':




Yeah, that's is exactly what i am looking for!! :D Thank you so much! You are the best!
 
Aug 2, 2011 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 37
How do I put an image for my "Watching" and other titles like that?

COMING SOON
 
Aug 9, 2011 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 11880
How do I make so the wallpaper/background image fills up the entire screen?

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"
 
Aug 9, 2011 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
SilverK said:
How do I put an image for my "Watching" and other titles like that?


I have codes to replace the headers individually with your own custom images here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=314657&show=0#post1
If you know how to replace background images then this should be perfect for you.

Lotus97 said:
How do I make so the wallpaper/background image fills up the entire screen?


You just have to pick a big enough wallpaper for your anime list to fill the entire screen, which is usually the size of your computer screen.

You can make a wallpaper cover the whole screen on your computer's desktop, but its not possible with CSS. The original background you chose has to be big enough to cover the entire area you see on the website. If you have a desktop thats 1400x1000 wide then use a 1056x768 wallpaper on your anime list then it won't cover your entire screen since its bigger. You need a huge wallpaper, I'd suggest Google Image (filter for large images) or Konachan for awesome big wallpapers.
 
Aug 11, 2011 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 11880
@shishio: Thanks, I'll give it a try

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"
 
Aug 12, 2011 1:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 264
Hi! Thanks to your easy tutorial, my list has seen great improvements. But there are other styles that I would like to try, so could you tell me:

- How to move the list to the left/right side of the screen, for examble, like this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nhelraios ?

- How to change the shape of the border of the list, like this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aki3 or like your list ?
 
Aug 14, 2011 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
BlauBlume said:
Hi! Thanks to your easy tutorial, my list has seen great improvements. But there are other styles that I would like to try, so could you tell me:

- How to move the list to the left/right side of the screen, for examble, like this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nhelraios ?

- How to change the shape of the border of the list, like this: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aki3 or like your list ?


The first question was already addressed in the first post of this thread. I copied it and posted it here:

* How do I move my list to the right or left side?

add this code to the bottom of your CSS box to move it to the left side:
#list_surround {
position:absolute;
left:1px;}


-or-

add this code to the bottom of your CSS box to move it to the right side:
#list_surround {
position:absolute;
right:1px;}


You can add to the left or right amount to move the list more from the side. So if you have it set to right: 100px; your list will be 100 px from the right side.


On the second thing, we usually use custom graphics to replace the default list graphics. Right-click over parts of the list then "view background image" to see. There is a code to round and adjust borders in Firefox, example: border-radius: 131px 131px 131px 131px; but I don't know if it works in all browsers and using custom graphics is better.
 
Sep 18, 2011 11:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1867
Here my list design, I borrow the template from one of these threads.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vansonbee

The problem I've with it is the text size and the columns, I would like to extend the box size outward.

Which code should I go to to make it wider?
 
Sep 20, 2011 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
vansonbee said:
Here my list design, I borrow the template from one of these threads.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/vansonbee

The problem I've with it is the text size and the columns, I would like to extend the box size outward.

Which code should I go to to make it wider?


It looks like the author of the template is helping you personally, so you should be set.
 
Oct 14, 2011 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 220
First of all, hello! And thank you for your wonderful guides for CSS editing. I had always shied away from editing my list too much until I came upon you club :D

So I have some things I want to change in my layout, but I do not know how. Maybe you can help?

1 - Is there any way to make the top section where you can select your view (All anime, On-Hold, etc...) stop blinking? I would love that. Also is there any way to customize the size, color and type of the font just for this section? I want to change the font type, size, color, etc... I managed to change the color when you hover it, but not all the options changed said color...

2 - My headers came with a default size of 48. I since changed it to 32, but they moved up, and I would like them to be closer to the sub-header. Speaking about the header, I can't seem to change its font. Exactly what fonts are supported? I would like to have my header with a sort of handwriting font, if possible.

3 - Can't seem to change to color for my sub-headers... I added "font-size" to it and managed that, but the "color:brown" (example) does not work...

Thanks in advance for the help ;)

PS: Don't make fun of my poor choice of colors xD
Modified by Jonijonh, Oct 14, 2011 2:17 PM
 
Oct 16, 2011 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Jonijonh said:

1 - Is there any way to make the top section where you can select your view (All anime, On-Hold, etc...) stop blinking? I would love that. Also is there any way to customize the size, color and type of the font just for this section? I want to change the font type, size, color, etc... I managed to change the color when you hover it, but not all the options changed said color...


.status_not_selected a
{color: ;
text-decoration: none;}

.status_selected a
{color: ;
text-decoration: none;}

Add these to the bottom, insert choices of color.

Jonijonh said:

2 - My headers came with a default size of 48. I since changed it to 32, but they moved up, and I would like them to be closer to the sub-header. Speaking about the header, I can't seem to change its font. Exactly what fonts are supported? I would like to have my header with a sort of handwriting font, if possible.


Find this in your code:

.header_title {
height: 52px;
padding: 2px;
}

Lower the height, probably to 32px. This code is located in the "Other codes", near the bottom.

All fonts are supported by a browser and CSS, but the person viewing your page has to have the same font installed on their computer to see it. So if you use an obscure font, more people won't see it unless they have it installed too (rare). One thing you can try it put your fonts in a descending order of priority. Like:

font-family: Font A, Font B, Font C;

Font A would be an obscure font, Font B would be an popular but not default font, and C is a default font everyone has. This was you see the weird font you want (font A), most people see a cool font (font B) and everyone else sees at least font C. The computer ignores the fonts till it comes to one it knows.

Jonijonh said:

3 - Can't seem to change to color for my sub-headers... I added "font-size" to it and managed that, but the "color:brown" (example) does not work...


Paste this at the bottom of the CSS and change the color "red" to your choice, the top code should control the text in the sub header, and the top part controls the "#" (pound sign):

.table_header a {
color: red;
}

.table_header {
color: red;
}
 
Oct 17, 2011 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3523
Hello, I would like to know if some of the codes (specifically the individual header banners codes) can be added to the "default" CSS template? (the one given when you first open the advances CSS editor)
 
Oct 18, 2011 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
RulenneClarissa said:Hello, I would like to know if some of the codes (specifically the individual header banners codes) can be added to the "default" CSS template? (the one given when you first open the advances CSS editor)



Should be ok. I've added that code to the bottom of the default template and the custom headers came up.

Next time you're unsure of something, you can just add the codes to the bottom and see if they work or not then delete them if you don't like it. Or just copy your code to notepad, then add what you want to the site's CSS here and save, see if it works, if not you can delete the changed code and copy your old code back to the site.
 
Oct 18, 2011 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 220
Shishio-kun said:
Jonijonh said:
1 - Is there any way to make the top section where you can select your view (All anime, On-Hold, etc...) stop blinking? I would love that. Also is there any way to customize the size, color and type of the font just for this section? I want to change the font type, size, color, etc... I managed to change the color when you hover it, but not all the options changed said color...


.status_not_selected a
{color: ;
text-decoration: none;}

.status_selected a
{color: ;
text-decoration: none;}

Add these to the bottom, insert choices of color.


This only seems to work for the "Dropped" and "Plant to Watch" links at the top. Weird, has "Watching", "On-Hold", "Completed" do not obey the behaviour.

I'm still having issues with the fonts types, but I'll figure it out somehow. Thanks for all the help you're giving me :)
Modified by Jonijonh, Oct 18, 2011 11:28 AM
 
Oct 18, 2011 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Jonijonh said:

This only seems to work for the "Dropped" and "Plant to Watch" links at the top. Weird, has "Watching", "On-Hold", "Completed" do not obey the behaviour.
I'm still having issues with the fonts types, but I'll figure it out somehow. Thanks for all the help you're giving me :)


Hmm I looked at your CSS, and you haven't pasted the codes given to the bottom of your CSS. If you leave them in, I can determine the problem.

But also, I posted your anime list CSS to one of my lists with them and the colors changed plus blinking stopped so they worked... maybe you need to refresh after entering them... it might also be your browser, what do you use?

As for the fonts well I see English Vivace and people without it installed will see Arial so it looks fine. If you're not seeing English Vivace then maybe you don't have it installed?
 
Oct 21, 2011 6:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 220
Shishio-kun said:
Hmm I looked at your CSS, and you haven't pasted the codes given to the bottom of your CSS. If you leave them in, I can determine the problem.

But also, I posted your anime list CSS to one of my lists with them and the colors changed plus blinking stopped so they worked... maybe you need to refresh after entering them... it might also be your browser, what do you use?

As for the fonts well I see English Vivace and people without it installed will see Arial so it looks fine. If you're not seeing English Vivace then maybe you don't have it installed?


Oh yes, after I realised it didn't work, I removed that part of the code. I'll put it back so you can check it out.

I use Firefox, with the latest patch. As for the fonts, the problem was not having Vivace installed. I found it and installed it, and now it shows up just fine :)

Edit: The code is there again at the bottom. As per usual, when hovering over the top links, only "Plan to Watch" changes to another color (on hover). The others remain white.
Modified by Jonijonh, Oct 21, 2011 6:18 AM
 
Oct 21, 2011 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4441
Jonijonh said:

Edit: The code is there again at the bottom. As per usual, when hovering over the top links, only "Plan to Watch" changes to another color (on hover). The others remain white.


Oh ok you want the links to change color when you hover on them with your cursor, you need this code then:

.status_not_selected a:hover {
color: red;
text-decoration: none;
}
.status_selected a:hover {
color: blue;
text-decoration: none;
}

Something though, I don't see the "only plan to watch changes color" thing at all on your anime list. I did see it on your manga list though, sounds like something that happens because you haven't visited the category yet, or your browser hasn't saved visiting it. After clicking all the categories on your manga list, I don't see the problem. In any case, try these codes instead they affect these links on hover.
 
Oct 21, 2011 10:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 61
This is kind of advanced I guess, but I have been trying to figure out a way to create clickable links (i.e., my list) working through a png overlay, and can't seem to get it to work. -_- working with just css can be quite frustrating! If you take a look at my anime list you can get the idea of what I'm trying to do.

(I'm actually not sure if this is even possible, in which case I will have to figure out another work around)

Thanks in advance!
Modified by Saetia, Oct 21, 2011 11:04 PM
 
Pages (95) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »