Forum Settings
Forums

[CSS - CLASSIC] Beginner's tutorial on using custom list layouts (change wallpaper/fonts too)

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Oct 17, 2014 11:53 AM
First of all, thanks for all the guides!
Second, some noob questions:
1. How to adjust the vertical space between the blocks (tables)? Pic: http://puu.sh/cg3DJ/9d971de4f6.png
2. The "Score" title in it's cell shows only when I hover (you can see it on my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Derpsley). How to make it visible all the time?

Oct 18, 2014 12:38 PM

Derpsley said:
First of all, thanks for all the guides!
Second, some noob questions:
1. How to adjust the vertical space between the blocks (tables)? Pic: http://puu.sh/cg3DJ/9d971de4f6.png
2. The "Score" title in it's cell shows only when I hover (you can see it on my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Derpsley). How to make it visible all the time?

background-position: left bottom !important;
margin-bottom: 0 !important;
margin-top: 99px !important;

To all custom headers- margin top is amount of space

remove
/* HEADER
Deletes the header Tags which isn't necessary.
*/
.table_header:nth-of-type(3) {
display: none;
}

Oct 20, 2014 8:27 PM

hi, I have 2 main questions..

1.) How do I remove the Cover Previews on the list I'm using?

2.) Is it possible to change the text/tab proportions? (i'd like to make the text slightly bigger, and the 'watching', çompleted', etc tabs slightly smaller)

bonus: can't describe it well, but when you hover over a tab for the first time, it disappears. is this fixable?
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.

Oct 21, 2014 8:26 PM

Brynhild said:
hi, I have 2 main questions..

1.) How do I remove the Cover Previews on the list I'm using?

2.) Is it possible to change the text/tab proportions? (i'd like to make the text slightly bigger, and the 'watching', çompleted', etc tabs slightly smaller)

bonus: can't describe it well, but when you hover over a tab for the first time, it disappears. is this fixable?

1. read thru your code and remove the stuff under "covers"

2. "font size" codes under the parts you want larger (many already present in code)

3. its loading the image probably, since its on hover they don't load when the page loads. put the images secretly in a clear or invisible part of the layout so they load for the user when they open the page and won't need to again when they hover the buttons

Oct 27, 2014 6:07 AM
I've used your basic layout CSS code and then added the addon for showing the cover of the anime when hovering. Right now my problem is that when i add code for changing opacity it only works for the heads (Watching, Completed etc.) and not my anime list. Do you know why this might be happening?

Oct 27, 2014 12:24 PM

LamboLighting said:
I've used your basic layout CSS code and then added the addon for showing the cover of the anime when hovering. Right now my problem is that when i add code for changing opacity it only works for the heads (Watching, Completed etc.) and not my anime list. Do you know why this might be happening?

Is it the bottom code? It is set to 1, it needs to be a number like .8 to show any changes. If its not that tell me what code you're referring to in your CSS or add it in, and link the topic too. Otherwise its hard to know what you're talking about or fix it

Oct 29, 2014 3:29 AM
Below is my code. You can also check my list and how it looks, i won't be changing it. My problem is that when making changes to the list table it's only applied to the header (watching, completed etc.) and not the names of the animes below it. I can't seem to figure out why is that by looking at the code. Your help would be appreciated!

Nov 25, 2014 7:24 AM

Hi
1st ,ty for guide . it really helps.
and 2. i couldnt solve my problem with other links ,probably its too easy but im not good with this things. anyway problem s
selected titles (completed, dropped..) are cyan when u pick one of them , and if u move your mouse one of the title (any title anime names , ratings ..) it turns red.
so i wanna change these but couldnt find a way.

(edit:i solved cyan color part but still couldnt find how to change red color)
Modified by FronN, Nov 25, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 23, 2015 1:54 PM
I can't see the images for this tutorial can anyone help me here?

Jan 23, 2015 2:08 PM

ShadowFoxx said:
I can't see the images for this tutorial can anyone help me here?

It's even in the club name http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1341463

Feb 14, 2015 4:38 AM
umm. thumbnails of the animes are not showing ..

Feb 14, 2015 4:53 AM

Jed-kun said:
umm. thumbnails of the animes are not showing ..

You didn't install the code right. You're missing w/e codes make cover pics appear in that layout (like the import at the top). Try recopying/pasting the code again and make sure you copy the entire layout. It also looks like the bottom may have been cut off too, so you may have missed some codes there too.

Feb 14, 2015 6:42 AM
On your beginners tutorial, I went wrong on step 3. How can I get that first code back or what do I do.

Mar 14, 2015 7:50 PM

Thanks Shishio!

Mar 27, 2015 6:28 PM

I think I successfully copied everything and I can see all the changes I've made but other users can't seem to see the background I've uploaded. Why is this? I tried changing images but it still doesn't work. Thanks

Mar 27, 2015 6:32 PM

Hisoka-s said:
I think I successfully copied everything and I can see all the changes I've made but other users can't seem to see the background I've uploaded. Why is this? I tried changing images but it still doesn't work. Thanks

The link for the image you are using is dead: http://i1.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2015/03/13/04/42/08/49244344_p0.jpg

Mar 28, 2015 8:17 PM

Satiriques said:
Hisoka-s said:

The link for the image you are using is dead: http://i1.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2015/03/13/04/42/08/49244344_p0.jpg

Oh ok, thanks for the reply c:

Apr 14, 2015 1:40 PM

Thanks a lot~! great tutorial~!

I just started today and already made few changes on my own~
I'm so exited to learn more and little by little make my own layout! :D

May 22, 2015 8:02 PM

i used the Highschool DxD layout but it is not fitting right i cant see the last icon on the left all the way and the list on the left looks overly large could you take a look and maybe tell me why it is that way... also how would i change the Issei icon to an Asia one?

May 23, 2015 7:23 AM

Kallanar said:
i used the Highschool DxD layout but it is not fitting right i cant see the last icon on the left all the way and the list on the left looks overly large could you take a look and maybe tell me why it is that way... also how would i change the Issei icon to an Asia one?

Some other ppl have been asking about changing the same thing for this layout- so I opened a topic for it with some of the changes ppl ask about including this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1386523

There's some codes in the spoilers to add to your CSS for the two things you've asked about. I made a Asia button for All Anime, you just add the code in the spoiler to the bottom. There's also a way to raise the buttons up. You might also want to change the topbar to another kind to get more space at the top.

May 23, 2015 6:00 PM

Shishio-kun said:
Kallanar said:

Some other ppl have been asking about changing the same thing for this layout- so I opened a topic for it with some of the changes ppl ask about including this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1386523

There's some codes in the spoilers to add to your CSS for the two things you've asked about. I made a Asia button for All Anime, you just add the code in the spoiler to the bottom. There's also a way to raise the buttons up. You might also want to change the topbar to another kind to get more space at the top.

hey many thanks there bud!!! everything is looking good now even added in a few things from your other pages... so thanks again

Jul 20, 2015 2:37 AM

None of the pics are showing up in the tutorial. am I doing something wrong.

Aug 14, 2015 10:08 AM

thankyou

Nov 26, 2015 9:55 AM
How can I make the background stay put without repeating :( in the code it says no-repeat, but it's still repeating and looks awful (total newb here)

Nov 26, 2015 11:20 AM

3seren said:
How can I make the background stay put without repeating :( in the code it says no-repeat, but it's still repeating and looks awful (total newb here)

I don't see that problem on your list atm

Dec 30, 2015 5:18 PM

I've got a problem with the font fomatation(?) in the completed animes list.. :(
Could you help me?

Dec 30, 2015 6:48 PM

AivanK said:
I've got a problem with the font fomatation(?) in the completed animes list.. :(
Could you help me?
It is because you have added dates to the list. The original isn't designed for this and is therefor to narrow.
This should give you a decent result
Modified by Oiomi-chan, Dec 30, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 3, 2016 10:17 AM
Hi,
First of all, thank you for all the themes your work is incredible :D
I recently put an Akame ga Kill theme on both my anime and manga list. My anime list is fine but the manga list doesn't have an "Anime" redirection, it keeps the "manga" one, so I can't get out of the page without changing the URL... Do you have any idea on how to change that ? :/

Edit : Could get "anime" button by activating these two :

/* FOR ANIME LIST */
#mal\_cs_links div:last-of-type a:first-of-type { display: none; } /* DISABLE ANIMELIST BUTTON */

/* FOR MANGA LIST */
#mal\_cs_links div:last-of-type a:last-of-type { display: none; } */ /* DISABLE MANGALIST BUTTON */

at the same time but there's still no picture on it...
Modified by Phypo, Jan 3, 2016 10:38 AM

Jan 12, 2016 8:54 AM

@ Shishio-kun

thank you - thanks to your forum & threads - I was able to make the cover display again as before.

thanks again

Jan 20, 2016 4:53 PM

i used your premade one with the hatsune miku but all i have is black in the back how can i fix this?
(i tried random things. :P)

Jan 21, 2016 4:45 PM

Otaku-Cupcake said:
i used your premade one with the hatsune miku but all i have is black in the back how can i fix this?
(i tried random things. :P)
question: are you currently using the original codes?

Jan 31, 2016 7:12 AM

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 11, 2016 10:06 AM
Esto es genial amigo... Esta muy chevere esto... Que buena idea

Apr 26, 2016 3:43 PM

The tags, titles, scores etc. aren't inside some box. It's making it harder to see which anime they're refering to.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.

Jul 2, 2016 8:52 AM

Is it possible to have a different list layout for every category?

Aug 25, 2016 1:21 PM

Is there a way to change the color and font of the headers (completed, watching, etc.) in modern mode? If you can, please show me pictures or something? I tried inserting the code in the modern version but nothing worked, so I don't know if it works there, as well.
I plead. Your foundation crumbles at your feet,
But you still somehow manage to keep
Armies of worms underneath to squish on a killing spree.
Others' lives are cheap. Others' lives are cheap.
~Salamanders and Worms~

Sep 23, 2016 11:54 AM
i was having trouble with a layout by Hahaido q.q i thought i did most of the coding right but i guess i didn't the anime and the pictures aren't showing up
i wasn't sure i was allowed to comment on the other form but it's the black butler layout https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1465957

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]