Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 1 Discussion

May 10, 2008 1:04 AM

ephemeralM said:
[come on, you can't call that any other way, they don't look average to me and i found them a little repulsive to watch, especially minamo looked like a piglet. and i don't mean a cute one. and there was a fanservice pantyshot, so i guess it's kinda targeted at people who like girls looking like that.

looks like the same kind of design as Gacha Gacha female characters.

May 11, 2008 3:01 PM
Fantastic first episode tbh. Great concept (similar to GITS by the same author, but still with a unique feel), music, animation and characters, if you count out character design. Definitely a lot of potential.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

May 23, 2008 1:14 AM

Excellent animation, but it was overall too boring, as i expected. It was still okay thou, the series does have potential.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 25, 2008 8:08 PM

I liked it, and I love the character designs. I don't know why so many people have problems with 'em. Actually, I do, but I find it stupid. I prefer the women like this, anyway.
Nothing

May 30, 2008 4:58 AM

I agree that the female characters could do with a little thinning down, but overall I really loved the quality of the animation.
Though, I'm still a little lost as to what is happening right now..

Jun 8, 2008 6:29 AM
Vermillion

I could barely understand what was going on. Since it's only the first episode I'll give it a few more before deciding whether to continue or not.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Jun 16, 2008 9:36 PM

A little bit confusing, but that's not so surprising in a first episode. Animation is top notch. That first fight scene was better than I've seen in a lot of _action_ anime, where that kind of action is supposed to be the focus. Very nice.

I'm reserving judgement on the girls, but I do hope they're not in the spotlight so much because, drawings aside, they're frankly annoying. I hope there's more focus on the more intelligent characters. At this point, even the android is more interesting. I was kind of relieved to see that the old man returns to his younger form, at least in his mind, lol. I can't exactly watch an eyesore. xD Interesting premise, will watch the next.

Sep 28, 2008 12:19 PM

Haha, shouldn't this be called real dive instead of real drive?:P

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

Oct 12, 2008 1:25 PM

Interesting episode. The story looks kinda complicated anyway. I hope they'll explain a bit in the next episode.

Nov 26, 2008 8:47 PM

Horrendous exposition scene at the beginning, as expected of anime. Unfortunately not expected from I.G. Though I cant blame Shirow as he's only provided the concept and not the script, it seems.

So-so so far.

Thats three sos for you.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Jan 20, 2009 10:47 PM

The ep was pretty good, but confusing. I'm not too sure on what is going on. I will have to watch the next ep then. There was more fan service than needed.

I just think the girls thighs and butt are a bit too big. Other than that, they look fine.

Sep 20, 2009 11:45 AM
This is weird.. and I don't get what is going on.

Jan 17, 2014 10:13 PM
Anime Moderator
sabermetrics said:
the arm shredding to pieces kinda caught me off guard... not that I hate blood, but it was just at such a random time... aside from that, not bad start, but to be honest, I have no clue what this series is about from the first ep... we'll see though...

Oh man that arm tearing scene made me a little nauseous cuz I was eating D: but anyways, I wouldn't say it was the best first episode ever since it didn't completely hook me yet. It was interesting at some parts, and a little slow at others. However that last scene was definitely something that intrigued me, the diving part. I'm looking forward to finding out more about this world.

Feb 10, 2014 2:02 AM

^Same. The arm tearing scene made me cringe, I had to look away for a second.

Uh...story's confusing. I absolutely have no idea what's happening. Are they real people? I'm so confused lol.

Oh and that scene when the Secretary-General appeared I was like "huh?" Here I was thinking this is a serious story and then she shows up on the screen dressed like that haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Jun 5, 2014 8:51 AM

Well this sure was interesting, quite impressive concept and setting! The art and animation is also quite lovely. Well let's see what the story will offer us!

Dec 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Original, great animation, great soundtrack. The transition of the diver to an old man made things very confusing however. I don't understand the time-gap as the professor seems to be the person who was also on the boat, with no aging, and the diver has aged 50 years. It could be intentional in how the episode was directed, but the transition was still a bit too blunt.

ender650 said:
Too much fanservice as some people pointed out, but it was a promising first episode overall.

That was fanservice? Some of the tamest I've seen if it could actually count as it.

Dec 15, 2014 3:22 AM

Aoi Souta looks like Kougami from Psycho Pass or Dojo Atsushi from Toshokan Sensou
...or it might be just me
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER

Sep 4, 2018 9:24 AM

Animation is unique. All the females look the same, and not to forget the unnecessary fanservice because 'hehe we have girls with big ass'.

Seems like they're doing the "Let's seem smart and have a 2deep4u plot", but are trying TOO hard.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]