Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2022 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Usuyama of the East plays so fluently, yet doesn't feel like he's been out of the sport for a long time. But Coach Oono asking the Saeki brothers Toya and Sota to play together, it sure must be a strategic move for the future of the SunBev badminton team.

Takeda moving away to become a coach after playing doubles with Toya and still losing to Unisics, that feels like a natural progression. But for Sota to submit his resignation, his reason for being a filler player, it shows of his inner conflict with Toya and of the different positions that they're currently in now. With the family guy Usuyama taking the singles spot, it just made things harder to decide for the older brother as the younger brother followed his footsteps, and it's easy to run away when things go south.

Tatsuru is being mysterious to run away right after practice, what's the geddup? And the conflict within brothers doesn't end, tney're being hard on each other and themselves, until tthey finally worked together and showcased brotherhood in its goodness.

So the rumour that Tatsuru is quitting badminton...is that he's becoming another Usuyama, where family takes precedence. Welp, drunk Mikoto trying to play off their exec director Oshitani's claims is just about the worst time that this could happen, and for better or for worse, he's on a business trip to Osaka, which forced his hand to mention that he's dissolving the doubles team.

This is bad...
KANLen09Mar 20, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 19, 2022 10:21 AM

Feb 2020
Yup, it's time for some business again. :)

Drunk Mikoto was hilarious.

Pretty shocking cliffhanger...

SerafosMar 19, 2022 11:44 PM
Mar 19, 2022 12:36 PM
Sep 2015
I just realized that Souta and Touya are brothers. And I always fond of brother couple.
Mar 19, 2022 4:59 PM
Jul 2017
I think the break-up scene has something to do with Tatsu's health and he doesn't want to be a burden to the team. Correct me if I am wrong but in the last game, it was sort of hinted that he had a previous injury and probably its symptoms are showing up again.

Well, I do hope that the problem will be address on the next episode before the tournanment...
Mar 19, 2022 5:03 PM
May 2011
Seems like no one wants to play badminton anymore. Should have just made this the last episode and disbanded the team
Mar 19, 2022 6:33 PM

Nov 2019
Nice to see a focus on the Saeki brothers after they're told that they'll play as a pair. Souta's inner turmoil was well executed

Usuyama becoming the singles player was to be expected but Kouki becoming a coach was quite surprising

Tatsuru and Mikoto will have a lot to work on next episode, hopefully Tatsuru's reason for stepping down is his knee injury and not for some other reason
Mar 19, 2022 9:17 PM

Oct 2016
Aye, they added Usuyama in the OP, that's great.

Definitely did not expect Kouki becoming a coach and Sota and Toya becoming a doubles team after last episode, but I liked the focus this episode on the brothers. Sota is a gamer bro.

Yeah, I doubt Miyazumi's getting married lmao, it's most likely his leg.
Mar 20, 2022 8:44 AM

Jun 2020
Aw Usuyama is in the OP too with the team♡

Usuyama is a great leader, him finding Souta to talk to him, not just as his superior but from teammate to teammate. And that was so touching when Souta said he’ll play doubles with his little brother, because with him even Villager A will feel like he has some value. They have such a wholesome relationship. I love how they subtly showed the brothers’ personalities too, Souta being the calm one who doesn’t usually get agitated or raise his voice, he’s stoic and may not like to show it but so caring, and how they don’t have immature fights, even if they were in one, Souta stills cares for him & brought snacks knowing he had to work overtime. Souta is defo husbando material. Albeit a husbando who can’t clean but is oK ILL CLEAN LOLOLOLLL

Souta stop belittling yourselfಥ﹏ಥ

I love drunk Mikoto hehe. I wonder what’s up with Tatsu, it’s probably regarding his injury & why he ain’t, in Souta’s words, as pyonpyon as usual. Ah can’t wait for next episode.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 20, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2015
Everyone is quitting the club
Mar 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2021
Good to see other characters in the spotlight.
Mar 20, 2022 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
The conflict after conflict after conflict, hello. But there were still parts that made me LOL in between. It's funny that we heard「まじであり得ない」from two characters getting drunk in this episode ("why am i acting as if i got dumped?" "he's here, the onion alien!") ww

And Usuyama's thought about being resolved to play badminton again, while also never regretting that he prioritized his family back then uhuhu that part was really nice

"Miyazumi's spring has come!!", says the rumor (it was funny whenever it was brought up), but that post-credits scene is clearly trouble.
Otamegane0988Mar 21, 2022 8:05 AM
Mar 20, 2022 10:25 PM

Aug 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
Seems like no one wants to play badminton anymore. Should have just made this the last episode and disbanded the team

so much negativity...
Mar 20, 2022 11:57 PM

Mar 2016
Saeki and Usuyama look more like brothers than Saeki and Touya. lol.

I like the episodes when they're not actually playing sports, and are dealing with more adult stuff.

Saeki feels he is not special, which is so understandable. The older we grow, the more we're made to feel like we are not important. I love how it's his brother's comment that makes him feel like he may not be that bad.

How can these people not remember Miyazumi's injury? Especially Mikoto! I kind of wanted them to figure out what was going on on their own, instead of being told about it.
Mar 21, 2022 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
I approve of the OP change where Usuyama is now part of it. =)

That wasn't the only change, though. Kouki has now decided to become a badminton coach, which he came to that decision after giving it his all and still tasting defeat with Toya in the previous tournament. Because of this, Sota is now paired up with his younger brother while Usuyama is now the main single players, which did leave Sota feeling rather conflicted about whether to continue playing or not.

It led to a nice teamwork between the brothers when it came to getting a re-design on a beverage drink with a tight deadline, which convinced Sota to continue playing after all. =)

However, the issues wasn't over, as Mikoto noticed that Tatsuru has been acting a bit weird in practice as of late and, after going out of his way to catch him before he embarks for Osaka on a business trip, Tatsuru tells him to find a new teammate. There's no denying that the small sprain that he picked up in the previous tournament, as well as his age, is mostly the reason he's come to this decision, so it'll be interesting to see what will happen next.

All in all, this was a pretty good episode.
Mar 22, 2022 1:49 AM

Dec 2020
dramatic ass episode lol. cant say im a fan of it

i legit forgot that toya and sota were brothers lol, glad they're doing cool now tho

wtf is up with tatsuru💀💀 mate u fucked up with what you did to me at the after credits scene there. WHAT do u mean you're disbanding the doubles team between u and mikoto😅😅
Mar 26, 2022 2:46 AM

Aug 2019
Wait it’s Tatsuru seriously quitting badminton because he wants to get married and get a promotion.

That’s so random tho. Well if this is about his injury I will be more understandable but I don’t think that’s the case.
Apr 2, 2022 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
phantomfandom said:
I just realized that Souta and Touya are brothers. And I always fond of brother couple.

Me, too. I thought he was just calling him brother. Even when they mentioned the brother couple a few eps back, I didn't get it.
May 23, 2022 1:52 AM

Jul 2015
Bit of drama after the sudden team restructure, I certainly didn't expect Kouki becoming a coach after finally having conquered his fear of the crowd .

Oct 7, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
And suddenly, no one wants to play badminton anymore :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2022

50 by ankara »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by KingBaller06 »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Ryman's Club Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 12, 2022

35 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM

» Ryman club broadcast in Malaysian TV

RMX_90 - Nov 2, 2023

3 by Cellider »»
Nov 3, 2023 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.