Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Orient
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Shirou seems excited about the Obsidian Princess and isn't going to let her get away.

It was kinda sad to see the cast discussing about death, particularly Tsugumi. On the other hand, I'm so glad Musashi passed his sword trial and proved himself worthy. Looks like all the other characters are proud of him as well.

Imo, that sword fits for him perfectly.

Mar 16, 2022 8:30 AM

Feb 2020
Good episode.

I'm happy for Musashi. He finally passed his sword trial. Nice job! He looks pretty cool with that sword.

Poor kid... This was such a heartbreaking scene... :´(

SerafosMar 16, 2022 10:36 AM
Mar 16, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
The Obisidian Goddess within Musashi to defeat Shiro Inukai, looks like she really did it to finish the death-defying situation to save everyone out from danger.

Musashi's a certified Bushi by the contents of the battle, but the Nameless Dogs just barely survived to retrieve the Kishin's body. The funeral with the Kitetsu Blades signifying each and every Bushi lost in this frenetic battle, it's respecting the dead whom sacrificed their lives for good, with the blade being a family memento of remembrance passed down to generations, repeating the life cycle.

The last thing to do is for Musashi to attempt the sword trial again, now that he knows of the dark Black obsidian power that he had to master the rare and powerful Red Kitetsu Blade that he will be using for the rest of the series going forward (I mean, it's in the OP) as compared to Kojiro's average Blue. The Obsidian Goddess is definitely a clue going forward if Kojiro's dad Jisai was of any relation to her, plus the weird motorcycle which seemed to have been acquired outside of Bushi lands.

The next destination is along the Hinomoto lands for the Kanemaki Band trio of Bushi, and their adventure starts now. This marks the end of Volume 5 of the manga, and I'm now concerned what will next week's finale content be, considering that this episode feels like a good stopping point.
Mar 16, 2022 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Kojiro is the son between Jisai and that Goddess. But since that Goddess rests in Musashi's body, isn't it weird when Kojiro is having sex with Musashi, that's so mess up!
Mar 16, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2020
Ngl this felt like it was the finale itself until they literally showed the title of next episode.
Mar 16, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2021
It was amazing! I wonder what the last episode is like!
Mar 16, 2022 10:06 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows the true strength of the obsidian goddess and we also find out that she knows Kojiro's father and he was a receptacle for her too and that the guys who are after her will come back
Mar 16, 2022 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Is this not showing up on Crunchyroll for anyone else?
Mar 16, 2022 11:11 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seemed like a good place to end to be honest as well but we have one more episode left which is nice xD. I'm happy Musashi finally got his kitetsu blade and he has a rare red aura! Seems the obsidian goddess knows Kojiro's father and the enemies still aren't dead yet...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 16, 2022 11:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So many lives lost... that's rough, well at least Musashi finally passed the test and has the red kind of power so it's nice, and the group is ready to go to the east but there only one episode left to this journey
Mar 16, 2022 12:27 PM

Feb 2019
HOOfan_1 said:

Had to go to their twitter to find out it is delayed because of an Eathquake, although apparently they put it up and then took it down.

I wish they could announce this stuff on the home page of the series.
Mar 16, 2022 1:42 PM

May 2018
Oh the battle really did end with one strike.
Mar 16, 2022 2:19 PM
Jan 2022
KANLen09 said:
The Obisidian Goddess within Musashi to defeat Shiro Inukai, looks like she really did it to finish the death-defying situation to save everyone out from danger.

Musashi's a certified Bushi by the contents of the battle, but the Nameless Dogs just barely survived to retrieve the Kishin's body. The funeral with the Kitetsu Blades signifying each and every Bushi lost in this frenetic battle, it's respecting the dead whom sacrificed their lives for good, with the blade being a family memento of remembrance passed down to generations, repeating the life cycle.

The last thing to do is for Musashi to attempt the sword trial again, now that he knows of the dark Black obsidian power that he had to master the rare and powerful Red Kitetsu Blade that he will be using for the rest of the series going forward (I mean, it's in the OP) as compared to Kojiro's average Blue. The Obsidian Goddess is definitely a clue going forward if Kojiro's dad Jisai was of any relation to her, plus the weird motorcycle which seemed to have been acquired outside of Bushi lands.

The next destination is along the Hinomoto lands for the Kanemaki Band trio of Bushi, and their adventure starts now. This marks the end of Volume 5 of the manga, and I'm now concerned what will next week's finale content be, considering that this episode feels like a good stopping point.
It better be Michiru
Mar 16, 2022 3:30 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Damn. I felt like this was the last episode since this arc has come to a close. Even though the Obsidain Goddess blasted them away, they still want to capture her after surviving the attack. Musashi finally passed his sword trial with a Red(my favorite color) Kitetsu Blade although Kojiro was feeling kind of jealous over Mushahi's new power.
Mar 16, 2022 7:11 PM

Dec 2020
musashi's request was like "can you make this village know that im the main character" lol. pretty cool scene tho
Mar 16, 2022 10:58 PM

May 2016
And now the prologe has ended, can't wait to see the actual story in one episode lol, I hope they announce a second season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2022 11:41 PM
Nov 2021
HiddenByDesign said:
The animation in this anime is atrocious. If this had gotten a decent budget I'm sure more people would like it.

i mean it’s a not so popular shonen. Those shows don’t get much budget. Even then i wouldn’t call it atrocious. it’s acceptable. the animation is good enough. definitely not great but it does what it needs to do
Mar 17, 2022 2:30 AM

Sep 2020
I thought musashi sword will get another color

Mar 17, 2022 5:04 AM
Jan 2022
LoliSenpai0x said:
And now the prologe has ended, can't wait to see the actual story in one episode lol, I hope they announce a second season
Hoping for a better studio
Mar 17, 2022 3:27 PM
Sep 2020
HOOfan_1 said:

11 episodes cancelled due to earthquake in japan
Mar 17, 2022 8:05 PM
Jan 2017
Where the hell you guys watching it, crunchyroll still dont have it, its almost the next day.

Regardless of the show being objectively bad, Im actually falling in love with it, and really like it.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Mar 18, 2022 6:20 AM
Nov 2021
I feel sooooooooo bad for people that think this garbage ass show is good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Mar 18, 2022 8:26 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Jirehhhhh said:
Where the hell you guys watching it, crunchyroll still dont have it, its almost the next day.

Regardless of the show being objectively bad, Im actually falling in love with it, and really like it.

Unfortunately, I had to pirate episode 11 so it should still be there.
Mar 18, 2022 4:31 PM
Jul 2016
Kasutoro-Kun said:
I feel sooooooooo bad for people that think this garbage ass show is good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

you shouldn't have because it isn't as bad as you think lol.
Mar 18, 2022 4:32 PM
Nov 2021
todd2580 said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

you shouldn't have because it isn't as bad as you think lol.

Nah it's terrible lmao
Mar 19, 2022 8:35 AM
Mar 2021
HOOfan_1 said:

It's still not showing up for me on any of their apps.

Nvm, I see about the earthquake.
Mar 19, 2022 10:21 AM

Feb 2021
I hope for second season soon!
Mar 20, 2022 4:20 AM

May 2009
-Matthew- said:

I think manga getting axe is more likely.
Mar 20, 2022 4:40 AM

Feb 2021
bastek66 said:
-Matthew- said:

What is getting axe?
Mar 20, 2022 4:46 AM

May 2009
-Matthew- said:
bastek66 said:

What is getting axe?

Ending prematurely
Mar 20, 2022 4:48 AM

Feb 2021
bastek66 said:
-Matthew- said:

What is getting axe?

Ending prematurely

Oh, ok. Maybe, I don't know.
Mar 20, 2022 9:36 AM
Jan 2022
Kasutoro-Kun said:
then, don't watch it its simple
Mar 20, 2022 9:52 AM
Nov 2021
Masterlight-12 said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

It's only 12 episodes I'm not gunna drop it that's for weaklings
Mar 20, 2022 2:04 PM
Jan 2022
bastek66 said:
-Matthew- said:

Orient isn't on Weekly Shounen Jump, so the chance of being axed is low
Mar 20, 2022 3:08 PM

May 2009
guhahahaha said:
bastek66 said:

You know that other magazines also axe failures? Orient was in Weekly Shounen Magazine until year ago when it was moved to Bessastu Shounen Magazine. I doubt this shitty adaptation improved manga sales so yeah, it will be axed soon.
Mar 20, 2022 5:46 PM
Jan 2022
bastek66 said:
guhahahaha said:

You know that other magazines also axe failures? Orient was in Weekly Shounen Magazine until year ago when it was moved to Bessastu Shounen Magazine. I doubt this shitty adaptation improved manga sales so yeah, it will be axed soon.

Can't deny that. The anime definitely didn't boost the sales. It remains constant as if there are no anime.
Mar 21, 2022 12:51 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode.

Mushashi finally able to use katana and their journey is just getting started. Seems like this was just a prelogue and the real stuff hasn't even begun. We probably won't get to see that animated. Just one more episode left and the chances for season 2 seem slim. Actually I would be kinda mad if this gets a second season when other better animes haven't gotten one for years lmao.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 23, 2022 7:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wait a minute, is it me, or the hair color from obsidian goddess using Musashi body changed to white from black without any reason? Or am i just trippin here? Hmmm....

Anyway, as expected he just escape using his ridiculous slice space-time power. But obsidian goddess slicing power also undoublty can't be denied its had its cool moment.

More talk about the past, now the obsidian goddess mentioned Kojiro father had something to do with her. Someone already mentioned above about her and the father had Kojiro. But hope its not the case there lol. Still, Kojiro father surely an important character from the past that hide a certain information from the kids, especially related to the obsidian goddess. Hopefully the gang find it out more, as long as they stay close in a bushi way. Sounds good, right?

In the end, Musashi got his own kitetsu blade blazing through the burning bright red color, without a further detail how its possible. But, with that, they officially become a bushidan and ready to begin the adventure. Hell yeah, using the ed frame as the end clip. Looks cool, right?

One more episode as the bridge for the second cour, and i am done with this. Yeah!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 2022 5:56 PM

Mar 2021
I thought it was the last episode, especially seing the end, but no and an other mysterious girl !
Shiro escaped of course, but he have god powers its insane, able to cut the world and space, who is he ?!

So Musashi finally have his sword ! The one from the opening, but I was wondering where his double scythe (or pickaxe) went ? I thought he would keep it but na, it was a cool weapon tho ~

And I always love the music in this show, the ost aaaah <3
Apr 4, 2022 11:03 PM
Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
guhahahaha said:

lol being moved to BSM has nothing to do with sales, it's because Ohtaka can't keep it up with weekly schedule anymore, the same reason UQ Holder also got moved. And no, isn't going to get axed, the manga sell more than enough for a minor magazine like BSM, not to mention is a Ohtaka Shinobu series, this isn't Weekly Shonen Jump where even Kishimoto can get axed with less than 40 chapters, and btw, the anime is continuing so there you go.
Shinuki_n_RebornApr 4, 2022 11:07 PM
Apr 4, 2022 11:07 PM
Jun 2013
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Masterlight-12 said:

It's only 12 episodes I'm not gunna drop it that's for weaklings

You think you're strong because you waste your time watching something you don't like? are you 12 years old bro? xD
Apr 5, 2022 4:39 AM

May 2009
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
bastek66 said:

lol being moved to BSM has nothing to do with sales, it's because Ohtaka can't keep it up with weekly schedule anymore, the same reason UQ Holder also got moved. And no, isn't going to get axed, the manga sell more than enough for a minor magazine like BSM, not to mention is a Ohtaka Shinobu series, this isn't Weekly Shonen Jump where even Kishimoto can get axed with less than 40 chapters, and btw, the anime is continuing so there you go.

BSM isn't minor, SnK was serialized there. Do you have any data on manga sales? Did anime boosted them? If not I expected ending of manga maybe along S2.
Apr 22, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
And it ends in a draw and Musashi can use blades now....I wish the show didn't get this predictable but oh well it is what it is.
Oct 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2013
Antagonist characters are so boring, action scenes are disappointing but it could've been better if they didn't skip the wonderful battle scenes... (and if they animated it the way it should be). Now I know why this series has a low score than it should be...

For some reason, the animation is slowly getting worse since the first episode... or is it just me or has it always been that way from the start? (I'm actually doubting myself).

The preview is about a girl... (is it another heroine? lol)
CrazyButNot4UOct 17, 2022 10:47 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 24, 2023 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
It was a good end-of-season ep, which makes me wonder why this doesn't end up in this ep...

So far the passing has been wrong, and too slow, it could be done with 9 to 10 eps (and I'm counting with ep 12 as well). The story is good and can be intriguing, but the pace... it just needs more to tell and less rolling around. I'm not saying that they need to cut things. No! They just need to put those scenes in a way that they DO things, not repeat themselves, and most importantly advance with the story... They literally dragged ep8 just to make the 20 mins mark and the next 2 eps were messily divided, the ep ended in the mid of a fight, the next ep had 4 mins of repeated content... like I said this could be done in 10 eps without cutting any content, just by making it more fluid. This was really badly directed.

Now to see ep 12, to fulfill the calendar... - . -
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
May 27, 2023 8:17 AM
May 2023
Un buen episodio, ahora a ver como cierra esta primera parte.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orient Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2022

45 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:30 PM

Poll: » Orient Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2022

111 by PuppyGoWoof »»
May 27, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Orient Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2022

26 by ionelHeredia »»
May 25, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Orient Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2022

19 by ionelHeredia »»
May 24, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Orient Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2022

30 by andreariona »»
Feb 20, 2023 3:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.