Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2010 1:41 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really wish they wouldn't rely so much on a single pitch :/

btw, he definitely wouldn't have been making cranes with his first try. that paper is downright fragile.

I wonder why they had her acting like such a bitch earlier if they were planning this kind of character makeover, the two images just don't seem to fit. the rationalizations they give just make the change seem even less likely.
May 15, 2010 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
Darn it! Somebody should have deadballed Momoko before she had the child and it wouldn't hurt to do that to Shigeno also.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2012 8:50 PM

Jun 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
Darn it! Somebody should have deadballed Momoko before she had the child and it wouldn't hurt to do that to Shigeno also.

I guess our only problem is that Momoko never had the chance to bear Honda's kid huh? Well and also that too, I don't like Shigeno to keep screwing with Momoko, when Honda didn't have the chance to..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 26, 2012 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
Natsu12345 said:
HawthorneKitty said:

I guess our only problem is that Momoko never had the chance to bear Honda's kid huh? Well and also that too, I don't like Shigeno to keep screwing with Momoko, when Honda didn't have the chance to..

Sounds like good ol' fashion butt hurt to me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 4, 2013 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
They really need to let this Momoko thing go...

Anyway what the hell is up with Toshi? All of the sudden he went emo. Though the argument the manager gave his about being so selfish...isn't that what Goro has done?

Should be a good ending.
Dec 2, 2013 5:19 PM

Apr 2011
I think Toshi doesn't want Goro to leave that's why he doesn't want to win. He said it himself: If he wins he's leaving.

He's going all emo because he was left out, Toshi never said anything about leaving, it's something Goro decided himself. That's why he said at the end "you don't care who is the catcher"
Dec 18, 2013 11:34 PM

May 2012
^ yeah. the most probable reason why Toshi is somewhat not into it. Goro is selfish, which is really part of his personality ever since.. But I hope Toshi will snap out of it and play like he does before.
Dec 22, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Two more episodes... I wonder how this will roll out. Wish my golden battery would stop being so unconnected. Wish this would be a bit more gay bromantic like Oofuri. :(
Dec 31, 2014 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
Poor Toshi, struggling to accept Goro leaving. But I feel like it would be best for Goro to leave, feel like he does better when he has to struggle to win, being on an OP team like Kaidou would just make the show feel "off".
Apr 14, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2013
Why do I have a feeling that Gorou's dugging his own grave? And I've felt bad for Toshi, he always wanted to do a battery with his childhood friend, Gorou is so oblivious. There are only two episodes left, I don't want it to end yet ;_;
Jun 29, 2015 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Man, some people are very sensible to be that much upset with Momoko having children with Shigeno. What the fuck do you wanted her to do? Become Blessed Virgin Momoko and give birth to child of God? Turn into necrophilia and ride Shigeharu corpse? Are you that possessive of a woman you're not even close to / isn't that much of an important character? This isn't even netorare! Jesus, guys, grow up! World isn't full of virgins waiting all their life to be ploughed by their ideal white knight, especially if he's dead! For fuck sake, anime isn't suppose to fulfill your virgin fantasy (I myself am a goddamn virgin), it's suppose to convey a story. God, some of you make me ashamed of the anime community...

Anyway, poor Toshi. Goro just can't see that he hurt him by leaving. Goro should learn to audio tape himself when he make promises, because he tend to forget them pretty easily :P
I would really like to see a Goro/Toshi duo :|
It look like it won't happen anytime soon.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 22, 2015 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Man, some people are very sensible to be that much upset with Momoko having children with Shigeno. What the fuck do you wanted her to do? Become Blessed Virgin Momoko and give birth to child of God? Turn into necrophilia and ride Shigeharu corpse? Are you that possessive of a woman you're not even close to / isn't that much of an important character? This isn't even netorare! Jesus, guys, grow up! World isn't full of virgins waiting all their life to be ploughed by their ideal white knight, especially if he's dead! For fuck sake, anime isn't suppose to fulfill your virgin fantasy (I myself am a goddamn virgin), it's suppose to convey a story. God, some of you make me ashamed of the anime community...

yeah, some of the people in these threads are fucked in the head...
Aug 7, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think he can win, but it will be an interesting game.
Is Gorou already in 11th grade?
Nov 13, 2015 1:47 AM

Nov 2015
Personally I'm glad Shigeharu and Momoko didn't get together, I'm also glad Momoko and Hideki got together. I'll always ship Shigeharu and Chiaki.
Mar 24, 2016 12:20 AM

Mar 2012
So Goro joins Kaido only to end up planning on quitting once he beats the main team. Well it's a good thing Tomori didn't pass or he would've screwed him as well instead of just Toshi lol. Now Toshi's all upset because he doesn't want Goro to leave and it seem he's gotten comfortable at Kaido.

They're probably gonna recycle the whole rivalry nonsense for S3 >_>

minouneetzoe said:

People get rustled when their waifus get "defiled" lol. Seriously though, some people gotta take a moment to really think about why the hell they're so upset about a fictional character hooking up with another fictional character to the point where they wish harm to both of them >_>
Apr 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
He's planning to leave Kaido after the game, that is probably the reason why Toshi doesn't want to win.
Aug 30, 2016 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
The purityfags are hilarious as fuck.

I didn't expect this match to happen so soon, for some reasons I thought it was months away. Now Goro's fast pitching aside, I wonder if the rest of the players can keep up with main team.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 17, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
Things progressed faster than expected and 2nd string is already playing against the 1st.

jacobpaige said:
I really wish they wouldn't rely so much on a single pitch :/

This something which annoys me too

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
Fuck my life, that episode was amazing!

Love how Goro improved his pitches. He knows how to provokate, I guess I would hate him as opponent xD but thats what I like about him right now. Provokating, know that hes good and barely losing.

Funny to see the first team marveling about Goros pitches. GO GORO GO!

Oh yeah and poor Toshi :( feeling with you bro

Love those time skips of the show between seasons and episodes. Gives it a fresh touch over and over again.

Shigeno is such a good father. Started to like him alot.
My only regret is having regrets!
Oct 16, 2021 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Toshi is feeling under the weather but can't blame him considering Goro never explained what he tried to do at Kaidou except becoming a better player, so him saying he'll leave once defeating the main team really came out of nowhere.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 21, 2009

58 by sunwin14 »»
Aug 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 13, 2010

22 by Bigdog77778 »»
Sep 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 4 Discussion

23 by Meranwise »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 14 Discussion

canis - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 18 Discussion

23 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 27, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.