Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the animation quality is quite something this episode.

Boji also had one of the most intense fight of his life, literally having a huge ass man and club being swung at him. A lot of pride was also on the line for the title of King.
Mar 10, 2022 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 10, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2021
really good episode
Mar 10, 2022 9:56 AM
Feb 2022
the one scene reminded of Levi vs Zeke

Very nice episode :)
Mar 10, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2015
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move. The choice of visual is a "miss" in this episode.
Mar 10, 2022 10:05 AM

Jan 2009
the direction and sakuga on this episode is movie quality huh

Boji defeated Bosse and saved Daida that way, now how will Boji save Miranjo from being endlessly eaten by the demon

Bosse never wanted to be resurrected but he let Miranjo do as she wishes since she is always suffering so Bosse feels pity for her and allows Miranjo to do whatever she wants
Mar 10, 2022 10:12 AM

Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move.

Most likely the show was just a metaphorical version of events. Daida didn't actually turn into a giant and destroy everything, that was just done to make the fight visually interesting and better convey the power and feeling of the fight.
Mar 10, 2022 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
I said this a few weeks ago but its nothing short of incredible how this show keeps making high quality episode after high quality episode. Usually there's some sort of drop off with shows that run two consecutive cours but man this show doesn't even come close to any kind of downtrend in quality.

This episode was probably the best one yet. My jaw was on the floor for like five solid minutes as Bojji fought Bosse!!! That animation is something to marvel at, that's not something we see in just any ole anime. The way they made such a giant, literally, scaled fight look that good is commendable to the highest regards. Wow, truly wow, idk how the animators did that but its not like anything I've seen in an anime. We did just a few weeks ago see demon slayer go full on crazy animation but this was different. The fluidity of everything was so crisp! It looked so good for such a long sustained period of time! Bojji flying around the courtyard as Bosse tried to swing his humongous club at him was perfection.

I loved the title of this episode calling back to the very beginning when Domas told Bojji what the swordmanship of a King should be. To now seeing Bojji take down someone as invincible as Bosse, I loved the call backs to how far Bojji has come. He had that spirit inside him all along he just needed the proper training to bring it out. Bosse seemed flabbergasted that Bojji could do all that to him. Great moment before the fight even as the big four rallied around their King Bojji! I nearly cried right there seeing all those people on Bojji side even faced with the mighty Bosse. I'm glad that Miranjo and Bosse are now set free and can rest. A weird way to end the episode with Miranjo coming face to face with the demon she betrayed. I suppose that's what needs to be resolved in these last couple episodes.
Mar 10, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move. The choice of visual is a "miss" in this episode.

It was to visually show how powerful Bosse was even in that smaller form
Mar 10, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2021
"Welcome to a world of endless pain and suffering." Fuck, I got chills after hearing that line.

This was an intense episode.

I don't know what to feel about the change in animation style in few parts of this episode. The starting scenes looked as though we were looking at them through a wide angle lens. The animation and scenery change when Bosse and Bojji were fighting was good.

Bojji won but only because Bosse was already at half of his strength, we will never know if Bojji would have been able to defeat a Bosse with 100% strength.

It was hard to watch Bosse break down. Both Miranjo and Bosse meet their end and probably Daida is freed now.

Miranjo had promised her soul to the devil and good things aren't in store for her. The devil sure was evil and true to its name, IDK what he was doing but felt like he was chewing the people or their souls to repeatedly make them suffer. No RIP for Miranjo just suffering.

Now this incident leads to a bit more of backstory for Miranjo, we will probably find out more about the other person in next episode.

What promise did Miranjo make with devil in the first place? In last episode's flashback we saw that Miranjo had broken her promise to devil and then devil did her a favour and transferred her to a mirror when she was about to die when her hired assassins turned against her but at the cost that her soul will go to devil after she dies.

Pretty enjoyable and intense episode. 5/5. 2 more episodes to go, I wonder if we will see the end of this story in this season or we will get another season, I hope it's the former.
TsutanaiFuunMar 10, 2022 10:27 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 10, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2018
Gosso episode is impressive as always.
Mar 10, 2022 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
After this episode if Bojji doesn't get his king title back will be bullcrap. Because in theory Daida is still king.

Im impressed in the lack of faith in Bojji, except Kage that was 100% betting on Bojji.

The main plot that is the ranking get shadier.

Mar 10, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2019
The sakuga during the bosse and Boji fight was immense. That fight was actually a lot faster than I expected, but didn’t disappoint.

Despite the show’s best efforts I feel no sympathy towards miranjo after all the shit she’s done. Rot in hell for killing boji mom.
Mar 10, 2022 10:43 AM

Feb 2019
Gwenpool said:
phantomfandom said:
I've to say that I'm quite confuse if Prince Bojji is actually fighting his father for real or it was just his imagination or calculated move.

Most likely the show was just a metaphorical version of events. Daida didn't actually turn into a giant and destroy everything, that was just done to make the fight visually interesting and better convey the power and feeling of the fight.

Exactly, it was done to convey boji perception of the fight. His father was still a giant in his mind due to his power
Mar 10, 2022 10:43 AM

Apr 2021
Wit Studio really went all out on the animation this episode. The fight was epic. Best one so far imo
Mar 10, 2022 10:45 AM

Nov 2020
Gossama rankinggg
Amazing. I was so focused on the animation, and visuals, that I forgot to pay attention to the story.
Mar 2020
phantomfandom said:

bro really? why do you think that? I think the choice of visuals was a nice touch to just how strong king bosse is. If they were to animate him in daida's form, it would've felt underwhelming and weird in terms of his actual power. Whether it was imaginary or not we still got a epic fight in the end, yeah?

May 2021
Great episode! Boji really is a true king and it was painful to see Miranjo not being able to go with Bosse but being eaten by that demon...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 10, 2022 10:47 AM
Sep 2021
I loved this episode, this animation scene of Bojji vs Bosse was golden !

So Golden, I made a little Genga style video that I shared on Twitter (might interest people so leaving the link here)

The Tweet I was talking about

Other than that, I can't wait to see Daida back to being himself, and see Bojji save both Miranjo and Ouken by defeating the Demon !
Mar 10, 2022 10:53 AM

May 2021
Fucking amazing!! Wit Studio went all out for this one. I swear I saw ODM-gear-like action sequences during the fight. It was a bit short but intense while it lasted.

Bojji stomped Bosse harder than I expected but its sakuga so I don't mind. Ultimately, Bojji delivered his judgement on Miranjo and together, they went to the afterlife..... NOT. Unfortunately, it seems like Miranjo has a past deal with the devil so she's gonna stay back. Looks like we're gonna get the Demon's backstory next episode.

Mar 10, 2022 10:59 AM

Jul 2021
The animation of this episode was extremely good and satisfying to watch, besides, I really enjoyed Bosse's fight with Bojji and luckily, Bojji came out victorious.
Next episode will probably focus on Miranjo and Daida.
asdasdsadad
Mar 10, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2017
A little clunky at times but the directing overall was a lot more profound than the ones in the previous episode which was refreshing to see. I couldn't give a shit for the story/action or characters anymore, and Bojji in this story, but the shots and sakuga used in this episode definitely stood out and it was for the whole episode too, not just one particular sequence like the Bojji-Bosse fight. It wasn't the best I've seen in anime recently but it was good enough to work, and fans of this series I can easily see enjoying this as one of the better episodes this year. It was definitely better than the last few episodes, was it one I enjoyed, not really but I can appreciate it somewhat on a pure visual level, although it was a bit iffy at times to me consistency-wise to be a great one. Really wished Bojji's character was built up a lot better to have this episode hit me way, way harder potentially. Cause him defeating Bosse felt way less satisfying than I would have hoped for despite the effort the staff involved showed with the animation.
Mar 10, 2022 11:09 AM

Dec 2008
Ousama Ranking no Kyojin!
Best episode since ep2 to me. 5/5
Mar 10, 2022 11:13 AM
May 2020
Okay, so what I’m getting is that. Miranjo was pretty much normal, up until she realized that Bosse can’t save his life and Shiina can’t have anymore kids.

She only knew that she can’t live without Bosse, and she never was able to connect with people the same way Bosse was able to. She was only able to connect with Apeas, but it wasn’t the same as Bosse. Because of all this project Daida came to fruition, have some way to revive Bosse ; but also making him stronger( hence Hiling’s lineage ).

Before all of this though it looks like Miranjo befriended the demon when the were younger, sadly it seems that she withheld a promise to him.

Bosse meanwhile was someone that only seek power, but can an attachment to Miranjo when he killed her father. After the events of Houma, Miranjo was the first person he cared for. The difference with Miranjo is that Bosse was able to love other people, his four guards, his wives, his sons, and his kingdom.

Because Miranjo got lost within herself, Bosse didn’t know how to intervene. It was obviously hard on Bosse choosing between the first special person to him and the brand new special people he met during his journey with her.

These two are tragic, but for this saga the were indeed the main antagonist. R.I.P Bosse
Mar 10, 2022 11:15 AM
May 2020
That ranking guy is definitely sus though, Desha is smart to rely on his brother compared to this guy
Mar 10, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Omg! Am I the only one who is confused with what's going on? I still don't get what King Bosse's intentions were? And now he's officially dead. He didn't want any of this but he still let Miranjo kill Queen Shina and take over Daida's body all the while planning to kill Hilling? Like why couldn't he just say he never wanted any of this before making her do all the terrible stuff, which she now regrets?
And when I see everyone calling this episode deep and epic, I feel so stupid.
Cause rn, I am confused. I hope I get answers to all these questions. Because the chaos that's going on in the anime rn seems pointless to me.
Mar 10, 2022 11:17 AM

Sep 2018
This is something else, what an amazing episode.

Ousama Ranking is climbing in my list like a madlad
I keep moving forward
Mar 10, 2022 11:21 AM

Jan 2009
tufflilcookie said:
Omg! Am I the only one who is confused with what's going on? I still don't get what King Bosse's intentions were? And now he's officially dead. He didn't want any of this but he still let Miranjo kill Queen Shina and take over Daida's body all the while planning to kill Hilling? Like why couldn't he just say he never wanted any of this before making her do all the terrible stuff, which she now regrets?
Cause rn, I am confused. I hope I get answers to all these questions. Because the chaos that's going on in the anime rn seems pointless to me.

Bosse feels pity for Miranjo that has life full of suffering so he lets Miranjo do whatever she wants like even let her kill and suffer his own family in the hands of Miranjo because all of Bosses happiness in life like having kids and wives and even his strength and kingdom are planned or given by Miranjo anyway
Mar 10, 2022 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
tufflilcookie said:

Bosse feels pity for Miranjo that has life full of suffering so he lets Miranjo do whatever she wants like even let her kill and suffer his own family in the hands of Miranjo because all of Bosses happiness in life like having kids and wives and even his strength and kingdom are planned or given by Miranjo anyway

Ah, I accidentally deleted my reply QuQ
Well, I get what you are saying but honestly, all this seems so pointless to me. If he wanted Miranjo to be happy then maybe not make her kill people? Maybe just maybe, he could have just been a good friend? I don't like Bosse anymore. He says he didn't want any of that, so maybe he could have straight up told her that rather than making her kill Queen Shina in Front of his son. Let her deceive his son, Daida. Let her tell her, her plan of killing Hilling. Like wtf? So their suffering is fine? It makes no sense. He knew she was doing bad shit yet he went along to make her happy? But what did he get? He gets to die while making everyone think he's an amazing and all-powerful king while Miranjo is this evil witch. Like she did all that for him but when he was his giant self, he was seen as this kind king who is super powerful while he let a creepy mirror talk to his youngest son and manipulate him into killing his older brother. AHH, I am going crazy lol. I hope I get a satisfactory answer for all of this QuQ
removed-userMar 10, 2022 11:40 AM
Mar 10, 2022 11:35 AM
Sep 2021
i didnt catch what was going today between miranjo and demon
can anyone explain me pls?
also what did miranjo mean by saying "if one doesnt keep a promise to a demon..." i mean then what?
Mar 10, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
tufflilcookie said:
deg said:

Well, I get what you are saying but honestly, all this seems so pointless to me. If he wanted Miranjo to be happy then maybe not make her kill people? Maybe just maybe, he could have just been a good friend? I don't like Bosse anymore. He says he didn't want any of that, so maybe he could have straight up told her that rather than making her kill Queen Shina in Front of his son. Let her deceive his son, Daida. Let her tell her, her future plan of killing Hilling. Like wtf? So their suffering is fine? It makes no sense. He knew she was doing bad shit yet he went along to make her happy? But what did he get? He gets to die while making everyone think he's an amazing and all-powerful king while Miranjo is this evil witch. Like she did all that for him but when he was his giant self, he was seen as this kind king who is super powerful while he let a creepy mirror talk to his youngest son and manipulate him into killing his older brother. AHH I am going cray lol. I really hope I get a satisfactory answer dor all of this QuQ

well humans are emotional beings first than being logical and when it comes to logic we use more fuzzy logic than strict logic of true or false so i guess that makes it realistic in a way?

arent fans want complex characters anyway?

mtcmweebbd said:
also what did miranjo mean by saying "if one doesnt keep a promise to a demon..." i mean then what?

>"if one doesnt keep a promise to a demon..." i mean then what?

then as implied on that ending scene her soul will be eaten endlessly since souls looks like regenerates so she will be forever be tortured

she already said that she broken the promise to the demon on old episodes anyway
degMar 10, 2022 11:41 AM
Mar 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
tufflilcookie said:

Well, I get what you are saying but honestly, all this seems so pointless to me. If he wanted Miranjo to be happy then maybe not make her kill people? Maybe just maybe, he could have just been a good friend? I don't like Bosse anymore. He says he didn't want any of that, so maybe he could have straight up told her that rather than making her kill Queen Shina in Front of his son. Let her deceive his son, Daida. Let her tell her, her future plan of killing Hilling. Like wtf? So their suffering is fine? It makes no sense. He knew she was doing bad shit yet he went along to make her happy? But what did he get? He gets to die while making everyone think he's an amazing and all-powerful king while Miranjo is this evil witch. Like she did all that for him but when he was his giant self, he was seen as this kind king who is super powerful while he let a creepy mirror talk to his youngest son and manipulate him into killing his older brother. AHH I am going cray lol. I really hope I get a satisfactory answer dor all of this QuQ

well humans are emotional beings first than being logical and when it comes to logic we use more fuzzy logic than strict logic of true or false so i guess that makes it realistic in a way?

True. Still hate him though lol

Well, complex characters are cool and all but I believe that complexity with no base is just stupid.
Mar 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2019
WIT out here showing what they are capable of again.
Mar 10, 2022 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
phantomfandom said:
You're alone on that bud, grade school level of a metaphor, not that difficult
Gnyo ho!
Mar 10, 2022 11:44 AM
Sep 2021
The animation was fantastic in this episode. I kinda want a game adaptation of this series, just to be able to play the fight...I wonder how Daida's gonna react when he gets back consciousness
Mar 10, 2022 11:47 AM
Sep 2021
deg said:
tufflilcookie said:

mtcmweebbd said:

>"if one doesnt keep a promise to a demon..." i mean then what?

then as implied on that ending scene her soul will be eaten endlessly since souls looks like regenerates so she will be forever be tortured

she already said that she broken the promise to the demon on old episodes anyway

i see, thanks btw
hopefully we'll get to know about the details on the "promise" in next 2 episodes
Mar 10, 2022 11:49 AM
Mar 2020
Mmr123 said:
Okay, so what I’m getting is that. Miranjo was pretty much normal, up until she realized that Bosse can’t save his life and Shiina can’t have anymore kids.

She only knew that she can’t live without Bosse, and she never was able to connect with people the same way Bosse was able to. She was only able to connect with Apeas, but it wasn’t the same as Bosse. Because of all this project Daida came to fruition, have some way to revive Bosse ; but also making him stronger( hence Hiling’s lineage ).

Before all of this though it looks like Miranjo befriended the demon when the were younger, sadly it seems that she withheld a promise to him.

Bosse meanwhile was someone that only seek power, but can an attachment to Miranjo when he killed her father. After the events of Houma, Miranjo was the first person he cared for. The difference with Miranjo is that Bosse was able to love other people, his four guards, his wives, his sons, and his kingdom.

Because Miranjo got lost within herself, Bosse didn’t know how to intervene. It was obviously hard on Bosse choosing between the first special person to him and the brand new special people he met during his journey with her.

These two are tragic, but for this saga the were indeed the main antagonist. R.I.P Bosse
the angelification of miranjo was so unnecessary , why are they trying to justify her actions? she is fucking evil she killed and destroyed and used people for her own gain. why make her a sad lil kid who needs saving for the sake of plot. this is the only thing I don't like in an otherwise fantastic show.whatever she has done is unforgivable, regardless of how "helpless" she may be or claims to be don't fucking give er the "convenience" of a sad past.
SpRayquaza11Mar 10, 2022 11:53 AM
Mar 10, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2009
tufflilcookie said:
deg said:

True. Still hate him though lol

Well, complex characters are cool and all but I believe that complexity with no base is just stupid.

well i mean complex characters in a way that they have complexes in terms of psychology like maybe Bosse have a savior complex as one of his many complexes

and usually complex characters have conflicting thoughts and beliefs (cognitive dissonance)
degMar 10, 2022 12:10 PM
Mar 10, 2022 12:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wit popped off a bit here animation wise, that was some good stuff

But I loved how they portrayed the title fight - With Bojji simulating an actual fight with Giant Bosse and both when he's Daida-Bosse, that was very neat and I enjoyed seeing how they showcased both of their skills

The aftermath however was very sad to see, and I felt even worse for Miranjo since she got sent to that demon realm and had to witness that horrifying scene of the demon eating those souls in such a brutal way

Great episode overall, but I'm hoping that Daida can save her since Bosse called out to him before he passed on into the afterlife

P.S. That scene when the Big 4 all stood up to stand by Bojji was fucking awesome, I had the biggest smile on my face (Especially seeing how Domas was the first to back him and charged in to fight Bosse anyway)....Man these characters have all come so far and its such a joy to see
Mar 10, 2022 12:07 PM
Jan 2019
this episode felt like s fever dream
Mar 10, 2022 12:07 PM
Nov 2020
Another incredible episode! What an epic battle, animation at top quality! There are only a few episodes to go :(
Mar 10, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2020
Imo this is the best episode so far! And not even because of just the amazing animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2022 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
Did the anime fuck up the portrayal of Bosse and Miranjo's relationship or is the manga genuinely bad too? Because I can't appear to give a shit about their barely show bond, which the anime decided is now what the plot is about?

Mar 10, 2022 12:27 PM

Oct 2021
Watching the Bojji x Daida/Bosse fight reminded me a bit of Ico, considerably more of The Shadow of the Colossus. Definitely another impressive round of animation directing.
Mar 10, 2022 12:29 PM
Jan 2021
That is how you build up and execute a fight, the slow build up to this moment was perfectly executed this show is a 10/10
Mar 10, 2022 12:31 PM

Apr 2016
OUSAMA RANKING IS BACK BABY!!!

After a somewhat mid second cour, we just got an absolute masterpiece of an episode. The directing, cinematography and sakuga were truly peak Wit Studio.
Mar 10, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2019
Very good episode! I especially loved Bojji's fight against Bosse. The visuals were also very good in this episode (goes to show where most of the budget went.) I can't wait to see the demon's tale and how Despa will save his brother from his immortality...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Mar 10, 2022 12:37 PM
Sep 2018
Wow the Boiji vs Bosse fight was excellent! Also Damn that was dark of the devil eating the souls and Miranjo staying behind even tho she promised she’ll go with Bosse to heaven!
Mar 10, 2022 12:42 PM
Nov 2020
PEAK FICTION!!!!!
Mar 10, 2022 12:43 PM
Mar 2021
after watching the quality of animation in this episode, I just keep thinking to myself that this is why anime exists. People are going to use this episode to describe peak animation for, at least, the next ten years.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jan 5, 2022

113 by PrimeX »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

92 by PrimeX »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

108 by PrimeX »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

149 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

143 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.