Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Major S2 Episode 12 Discussion

Apr 13, 2010 4:57 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol, didn't see that coming. but I suppose I should have. I wonder if it'll be Shimizu or Toshi that helps him pass the test?

Apr 24, 2012 10:29 AM

How did the first pitcher pass the running test if he's so slow?

May 4, 2012 9:19 AM

TowardsTheStars said:

Nice question, a flaw maybe? Well I wanted that 2 'weird' dude to pass too, too bad! Nice troll at the end, well gambateh Goro! If Shimizu be the one to teach Goro, we might be able to see some nice/sweet moments, well not that she's qualify I guess..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jun 24, 2012 11:31 PM

Natsu12345 said:
TowardsTheStars said:

Nice question, a flaw maybe? Well I wanted that 2 'weird' dude to pass too, too bad! Nice troll at the end, well gambateh Goro! If Shimizu be the one to teach Goro, we might be able to see some nice/sweet moments, well not that she's qualify I guess..

Actually, his pitching delivery is slow not he himself. I thought it was pretty awesome that Toshi won the games himself. He's pretty awesome and makes a nice counter balance to the act first, think after Goro.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

May 30, 2013 10:33 PM

Goro and Toshi make for a scary combo. Toshi will ace the academic exam, Goro....I guess they won't be teammates afterall.

Aug 7, 2013 2:04 PM

The subtitles cracked me up: "So nice, the serious stare of a competitive player. It makes me want to let you hit it." and "So cute."

I'm pretty sure it was intentional, though. Factor in how stereotypically okama/femme the voice was.

Anyway, glad to see Toshi holding his own.

Dec 10, 2013 11:03 PM

Toshi is impressive in this episode. He and Goro will make a nice balance since Goro thinks less and focus more on actions.

I was surprised with the academic exam! Haha. It's a private and prestigious school afterall. Hate that fat scout btw. Seems like he wants to show to Goro that if he only accepted the offer, he will not go through all that anymore..

May 27, 2014 12:06 PM

Hahahaha! Ganbare on exams Goro! XD I hope Toshi's the one who's gonna teach Goro! Looking forward to more of their nakama bonds! I demand more screen time!

Its not that I hate Shimizu, but I kinda don't like her personality. I don't like it when she was talking to herself that Goro would go far away again. It seems like she don't want to let Goro go, she's pulling him down. I hope she would mature a bit, understand the situation, and do what's best for Goro. Grr.. I hate to say this but she's childish. If they would get together, Shimizu would be a big problem. Haha, I can sense that she's possesive and she's gonna be clingy to Goro.

Ah. If the author's gonna make this GoroxShimizu relationship a filler in the next eps, I am gonna hold Major for a while.

Ah. I've gone offtopic now.

Welp. I REALLY HOPE TOSHI AND GORO WOULD STUDY TOGETHER!!!
Modified by violity, May 27, 2014 12:36 PM
There's a limit to how much a person can improve on his own. Rivals acknowledge each other and compete to get better. That's why they can train so hard. That's why they continue to improve. And they will always far exceed our expectations. -Coach Kataoka (Diamond no Ace S2 8)

Dec 30, 2014 11:24 AM

Well he passed the athletic part . . . No surprise, but I can't see him passing the Academic exam, I mean since he was small he has kind of "passed" on academics. I'm sure he is a pretty bad student, and now throw in to the mix the fact that the school is pretty competitive academically too. It's good game for him, poor guy. Toshiya will probably get through though.

Feb 13, 2015 7:01 PM

studying: Gorou's biggest challenge yet...

Apr 13, 2015 6:17 PM

I don't know why, but sometimes Toshi-kun really remainds me of Suzaku from Code Geass. And that long haired guy's voice was so irritating. =)

Jun 27, 2015 10:13 PM

Awwww, just when they all succeeded x)
I kinda understand that they don't want retard in their school, but just imagine if they end on a batch were no one pass the exam, that would be hilarious!

Goro showed the reward of his training. They a bit lucky in those, but not that much in the end. Toshiya is just a born batter and catcher. And I'm sure we'll see those two guy from the other club at some point.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jul 22, 2015 1:12 AM

Aug 6, 2015 6:09 PM

Oh no, not academics, I thought they just wouldn't show that aspect.
Good chance to spend time with Shimizu.

Mar 22, 2016 11:58 PM

Boy they really tried hard to show how gay that pitcher was lol.

Seems Goro isn't gonna be doing all the slugging now that Toshi's on the team. Guess the author didn't want Goro to be too strong of a batter since he's the pitcher.

Apr 18, 2016 5:20 AM

They passed the physical but the hard part starts now, Goro will have to study,Toshi won't have problems.

Aug 30, 2016 9:15 AM

So guess they will be playing at Kaido after all. It would be stupid to have Goro fail the written test after this lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Aug 28, 2017 6:36 PM

Yeah, you can totally feel the "you wouldn't have to worry about this if you had just accepted the scholarship, dummy" coming through with that end note. Gorou's gonna need a whole lot of help on that one. I wouldn't mind seeing some GorouxShimizu studying.

I like that Toshiya got some spotlight in this episode. He's more analytical while Gorou is more intuitive, which makes for a nice balance, and while Gorou possesses more raw talent, Toshiya is still a great player in his own right.

It's interesting to think again that the main difference between Toshiya and Komori is the amount of time they've devoted to practice.
Modified by TripleSRank, Aug 28, 2017 7:32 PM

Dec 17, 2017 6:31 AM

So it comes down to academics ? Nice, what would a sports anime be without a study session xD
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 3, 1:03 PM

Nice episode! Enjoyable and refreshing. Nice to see how Goro learns what respect and trust to someones teammates means. Great battery show between Goro and Toshi. And interesting new people.

But the hardest exam is just upcoming.. Goro has to learn :>
My only regret is having regrets!