Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 6, 2022 8:27 PM

Nov 2021
Did any of you guys missed Grell ?? I would like to see his reactions on Sebastian's death 🤧

Oh by the way I wanna know Grell's gender.... At first I thought that he was a man.. but I've seen in Google that his gender wasn't confirmed and he uses feminine terms.... So do you guys know about it???
Shizuma1234Mar 6, 2022 8:41 PM
Mar 6, 2022 8:48 PM

Apr 2021
grell is a transgender woman
Mar 6, 2022 8:51 PM
Aug 2018
Shizuma1234 said:
Did any of you guys missed Grell ?? I would like to see his reactions on Sebastian's death 🤧

Oh by the way I wanna know Grell's gender.... At first I thought that he was a man.. but I've seen in Google that his gender wasn't confirmed and he uses feminine terms.... So do you guys know about it???

From the few I remember from the manga (it's been a long while) Grell is a trans woman. The way shinigamis are picked and choose in Black Butler, they are people who killed themselves and are collecting souls as punishment. Grell killing herself because of not being able to be the woman that she wanted to be (given the time period we are in, I think it is rightfully justified).

It's been awhile but that's whay I remember when I had read the manga awhile back. I really need to get back to it. I recommend it too since we still havn't seen a new season, movie, ova etc
Mar 6, 2022 8:54 PM

Nov 2021
NicoNikoNeko said:
Shizuma1234 said:

From the few I remember from the manga (it's been a long while) Grell is a trans woman. The way shinigamis are picked and choose in Black Butler, they are people who killed themselves and are collecting souls as punishment. Grell killing herself because of not being able to be the woman that she wanted to be (given the time period we are in, I think it is rightfully justified).

It's been awhile but that's whay I remember when I had read the manga awhile back. I really need to get back to it. I recommend it too since we still havn't seen a new season, movie, ova etc
thanks for the info 😊... So where do I start with after season 2????
Mar 6, 2022 8:58 PM
Aug 2018
Shizuma1234 said:
NicoNikoNeko said:

thanks for the info 😊... So where do I start with after season 2????

To help explain the whole canon and non canon portion of black butler. Anything after the Curry competition (second half of season 1) and all of season 2 are irelevant to the story and it's storyline. It is completely dropped and never picked ul again.

To watch the "canon" story, it is season 1 until the curry arc (sebastian winning the curry competition), season 3 book of circus, book of murders OVA and then the Book of Atlantic movie. From there that is when you read the manga starting at the School arc and continue on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Her_Holiness - Feb 24, 2015

56 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Her_Holiness - Jan 30, 2015

55 by Elyshion »»
Apr 7, 6:23 AM

» Is Sebastian from Black Butler attracted to Ciel body as well

Ciel_Adorer - Feb 20, 2015

11 by --Fiend_09-- »»
Dec 8, 2021 8:35 PM

» What scenes from the manga were cut?

Toa_of_Gallifrey - Nov 13, 2015

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 12:19 PM

» Only 2 episodes ?

Satan-sama - Sep 5, 2014

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 30, 2021 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.