Forum Settings
Forums

Can you guys stop exaggerating that X popular anime is the worst anime ever?

New
Mar 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Sep 2021
If you think the popular shows in MAL's top 300's and even more are the worst anime ever, you are just lying to yourself. No matter how much you hate a highly rated or popular anime, there are tons of worse shows out there that fail on a technical and production level, let alone entertainment. Any show made by a semi-relevant studio is automatically better than the bottom barrel of shitty shows at the bottom of mal like Mars of Destruction, Pupa, or whatever this is. And for all of you "ironic" enjoyers out there, no they are still not "based." So if you could please stop exaggerating that a certain popular or highly rated anime is the worst anime ever, that would be nice, thanks.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 2022 1:39 PM

Oct 2021
Boring anime are worse than something like mars of destruction, because at least you could appreciate the comedy moment in the latter.
Mar 6, 2022 1:48 PM
May 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
Boring anime are worse than something like mars of destruction, because at least you could appreciate the comedy moment in the latter.

Boring Anime>Orange.
Orange counts as depressing Anime.
Mar 6, 2022 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
True, people here are the worst extremists ever.

Mar 6, 2022 1:51 PM

Mar 2020
Nah bro, you’re wrong.
Last season of Sword Art Online is the worst anime ever made…
Mar 6, 2022 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Telling people not to do something is not going to stop them from doing it. But with that being said, I understand where you're coming from. Those who act as if any popular anime is bad are exaggerative. It's true that just because something is popular that it doesn't mean that it's going to be good to everybody. But for someone to place very high expectations on a show just to be severely disappointed, it's pretty much their fault. And it's dramatic to express so much anger over it since it's just television.
Mar 6, 2022 2:05 PM

Dec 2018
I could, but I don't want to. ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Mar 6, 2022 2:17 PM

Jul 2021
There are bad animes, that are not worth talking about.
There are animes so bad, they are at least funny.
But the worst kind of bad anime is one that people like.

Those are the ones you may end up watching out of peer pressure, those will get talked about everywhere, and those may get sequels instead of the more niche shows you like.
Mar 6, 2022 2:19 PM
May 2020
Apparently, they thought it's cool to do that, I guess it can't be helped. Let them sink by themselves.
Mar 6, 2022 2:21 PM

Apr 2020
yeah i agree, too many people think aot is the worst anime ever when clearly they don't think that's true
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2022 2:22 PM

May 2011
The fifth option. For every strong cringe over reaction at the scale of a community counting ten thousands of members, there is a cringe over reaction of opposite magnitude. It's like the 5th law of Newton, but applied to fangasmers VS haters.
Mar 6, 2022 2:32 PM

Mar 2019
Don't worry bro. My worst anime ever is far from Top 300. In fact, its rank is somewhere in 3100-ish.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 6, 2022 2:36 PM

Oct 2011
Clearly people haven't watched the anime average rating below 3 and some Avant garde and less popular categories. Watch some of those and then come back and try to tell us how AoT, Gintama, MHA or some of these other popular anime are the worst. Otherwise you're still new to anime.
Mar 6, 2022 2:40 PM

Oct 2018
Everything is subjective, so Pupa can be the best and Fullmetal or Shingeki be the worst for someone out there.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.

Jul 2017
Utsu Musume Sayuri is indeed based.

Oct 2010
it's not my fault that kimetsu is popular and the worst anime ever
Mar 6, 2022 2:41 PM

Jul 2017
100% agree. People who genuinely think that the bottom 300 anime on MAL are better than the top 300 anime on MAL overall, are either lying to themselves, or are just tryhard contrarians lol.
Mar 6, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
If you think the popular shows in MAL's top 300's and even more are the best anime ever, you are just lying to yourself. No matter how much you love a highly rated or popular anime, there are tons of better shows out there that succeed in terms of story and characters. Not because a show has a flashy animation means it's automatically better than any other anime in existence. And for all of you "normie" anime fans out there, if you could please stop exaggerating that a certain popular or highly rated anime is the best anime ever, that would be nice. Thanks.
Mar 6, 2022 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Advide said:
If you think the popular shows in MAL's top 300's and even more are the worst anime ever, you are just lying to yourself. No matter how much you hate a highly rated or popular anime, there are tons of worse shows out there that fail on a technical and production level, let alone entertainment.
Advide said:
like Mars of Destruction
I think you should take your own advice (or advide?). Mars of Destruction isn't top 300, but it isn't nearly the worst anime ever, and the only people who think so are people who haven't watched it, and love to be sensational for attention, ironically the same people you're trying to address.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 6, 2022 2:45 PM

Jul 2010
Fifth option: never said they are "the worst". I don't think I actually ever seen "the worst" anime yet. So far the worst comes from manga (especially endings, but sometimes entire story is such a garbage I regret even reading it). As much as I don't like Future Diary or SAO, I gotta admit, they are FAR from worst, they even can be enjoyable... sometimes.
Mar 6, 2022 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
Well, yeah. But, you know, exaggerating is their bread and butter.

That said, Mars of Destruction was funny for all the wrong reasons.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 6, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2018
"Can you guys stop exaggerating that X popular anime is the worst anime ever?"

No, because when I am bombarded with such titles by people who want to pressure everybody to like them, that annoys me.
Mar 6, 2022 3:21 PM

Sep 2018
Ok, but there's not much difference between 1/10 enjoyment with good production value and 1/10 enjoyment with terrible production value.
Mar 6, 2022 3:37 PM

May 2021
Fma worst anime
Mars of destruction best anime
:)
Inhales oxygen
Mar 6, 2022 3:44 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Your ''bottom barrel'' examples are still a lot better than a decent amount of popular and highly rated anime though. I'd watch something like Skelter+Heaven over an episode of Demon Slayer any day of the week.
Mar 6, 2022 4:00 PM

Oct 2015
There's something called having an opinion and just because a show is popular doesn't make it good.

That being said, Mars of Destruction > AOT..... LOL
Mar 6, 2022 4:20 PM
Jun 2016
No. Hunter X Hunter, JoJo's bizzare adventure, Shingeki no Kyojin and Darling in the Franxx are the joint worst anime ever, worse than Garzey's Wing or Pupa.
Mar 6, 2022 4:26 PM

Mar 2021
Advide said:
If you think the popular shows in MAL's top 300's and even more are the worst anime ever, you are just lying to yourself. No matter how much you hate a highly rated or popular anime, there are tons of worse shows out there that fail on a technical and production level, let alone entertainment. Any show made by a semi-relevant studio is automatically better than the bottom barrel of shitty shows at the bottom of mal like Mars of Destruction, Pupa, or whatever this is. And for all of you "ironic" enjoyers out there, no they are still not "based." So if you could please stop exaggerating that a certain popular or highly rated anime is the worst anime ever, that would be nice, thanks.

From what I can tell, I don't think users think they are the worst. I think it's more of an enjoyment factor. You can get all technical about this and that being all superior but it's irrelevant if you are simply just not interested in watching it. I personally could care less if something is popular or not but I do truly find myself enjoying more Anime that barely even come close to the rankings of the top 40 pop-charts. For one thing there is far more Anime titles out there than what users see placed in the Top lists.

I am not going to spend the rest of my life watching "Fullmetal Alchemist" and "Attack on Titan" over and over again. Simply watching an anime series once is enough for me. These days there are far more other titles to enjoy out there then to obsess over the top Anime on MAL.

It's like MAL has become like a hybrid of what MTVs "Total Request Live" use to be like in the early 2000's. Where the loyal viewers kept plugged in every day to make sure their favorite stays at the top of the list or bust. When something becomes a popularity contest it becomes more of a cult rather than on the merit of quality or enjoyment. I remember hearing "Britney Spears - Baby One More Time" played on MTV every afternoon every day for over a year. Sure her song was catchy and it's obvious it was extremely well produced, but because it was so extremely over played I ended up hating Britney Spears with a passion where I basically stop watching MTV all together.
Mar 6, 2022 4:29 PM

Nov 2020
this guy is probably triggered cause someone called his fav mid

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Mar 6, 2022 4:49 PM

Feb 2021
No Hunter x Hunter is one of the most overhyped anime. Elitist just ignore the flaws and give it 10.
Anyways I'm not saying that it is the worst anime ever made
Mar 7, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2021
I guess what bugs me is that everyone is so quick to hate on certain anime. I am quite aware that people have their preferences and I also encourage that, but it's bizarre to me, to hate something. I don't know if that makes sense, but how on earth do you know it's the "worst" anime and even if it's the truth, why feel the urge to tell us and hate on everyone who enjoys that anime?
Mar 8, 2022 2:55 AM

Feb 2019
Advide said:
Any show made by a semi-relevant studio is automatically better than the bottom barrel of shitty shows at the bottom of ma

This statement appears to be the crux of your view, but can you establish it to be true? Why "automatically?" What defines "relevant," why is being at the bottom of MAL anything of note?

What you've failed to realise is that a show's perceived prominence can indeed negatively impact it. After all, media can best be thought of as either succeeding or failing to present an artistic vision, so being lauded in despite of the latter is itself a flaw with the work. Or in other words, being popular and shit only makes it shittier. Mars of Destruction and its ilk are certainly awful, but they at least know to stay in their appropriate lane.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Mar 8, 2022 5:26 AM

May 2021

⣇⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿⡿⡿⣟⣟⢟⢟⢝⠵⡝⣿⡿⢂⣼⣿⣷⣌⠩⡫⡻⣝⠹⢿⣿⣷
⡆⣿⣆⠱⣝⡵⣝⢅⠙⣿⢕⢕⢕⢕⢝⣥⢒⠅⣿⣿⣿⡿⣳⣌⠪⡪⣡⢑⢝⣇
⡆⣿⣿⣦⠹⣳⣳⣕⢅⠈⢗⢕⢕⢕⢕⢕⢈⢆⠟⠋⠉⠁⠉⠉⠁⠈⠼⢐⢕⢽
⡗⢰⣶⣶⣦⣝⢝⢕⢕⠅⡆⢕⢕⢕⢕⢕⣴⠏⣠⡶⠛⡉⡉⡛⢶⣦⡀⠐⣕⢕
⡝⡄⢻⢟⣿⣿⣷⣕⣕⣅⣿⣔⣕⣵⣵⣿⣿⢠⣿⢠⣮⡈⣌⠨⠅⠹⣷⡀⢱⢕
⡝⡵⠟⠈⢀⣀⣀⡀⠉⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⢈⡋⠴⢿⡟⣡⡇⣿⡇⡀⢕
⡝⠁⣠⣾⠟⡉⡉⡉⠻⣦⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠸⣿⣦⣥⣿⡇⡿⣰⢗⢄
⠁⢰⣿⡏⣴⣌⠈⣌⠡⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣬⣉⣉⣁⣄⢖⢕⢕⢕
⡀⢻⣿⡇⢙⠁⠴⢿⡟⣡⡆⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣵⣵⣿
⡻⣄⣻⣿⣌⠘⢿⣷⣥⣿⠇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣷⢄⠻⣿⣟⠿⠦⠍⠉⣡⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⣿⣦⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟
⡕⡑⣑⣈⣻⢗⢟⢞⢝⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠸⣿⠿⠃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⣠
⡝⡵⡈⢟⢕⢕⢕⢕⣵⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⣀⣈⠙
⡝⡵⡕⡀⠑⠳⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⢉⡠⡲⡫⡪⡪
Mar 8, 2022 2:57 PM

Dec 2021
That's what happens when children and fanboys leave reviews.
Mar 8, 2022 7:42 PM

Jan 2018
unfortunately only goblin slayer so far, would need to wait for human slayer to come if ever.
Mar 8, 2022 7:56 PM

Jan 2009
popular shows got more vocal haters for sure

plus mainstream shows is usually about the KISS principle "keep it simple stupid" so ye they have the most generic story but the execution is what makes them great like better animation quality or carried by animation like Demon Slayer
Mar 8, 2022 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
Good luck with that. You might as well be asking them not to breath. Shitting on things for being "too popular" pretty much just comes with the territory in most fandoms. These people will die if they don't do it.
Mar 8, 2022 8:48 PM

Aug 2011
Literally the most annoying thing about these forums.

I think the biggest contributor to this is the fact that people rate what should be mid (5) way too low. They think if they don't see any reason to love an anime, it's bad and should get a 2 or 3. If it's not scribbling that barely moves with 0% plot, it doesn't deserve a rating that low. But people think these ratings can be used in any way they want.

5 = mid. Stop giving mid stuff WAY lower ratings.
Mar 8, 2022 9:20 PM
Jun 2020
Worst anime? Most weebs call the top shit as masterpieces, and the peak of fiction. It's not the worst, it's just very bad.

Cuz if most of the top 500 and all is shit, everything below is just hell spawn.
Mar 8, 2022 9:59 PM
Jan 2012
Lots of people on this forum will dogpile on anitubers for making sensationalist video titles, but then someone makes a topic about how "x anime is the worst and doesn't deserve it's popularity", the same people will just be nodding their heads sayin "fax". Y'all ain't slick, no one takes you seriously.
Mar 8, 2022 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Arcane is the worst anime

Sorry, but not sorry

:P
Mar 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Nov 2019
Advide said:

2. The problem of most average entries is that there is so little to say about them, as there is little that distinguishes them from others. Talking about average entries would mostly entail a summing up of what they do not have, defeating the purpose of a review. Genuinely bad entries generally possess more qualities that can be discussed, but are in the main not worth the time and effort to discuss them.

Bad anime is better, since there would be more to talk. Mid is otherwisely, boring.

santetjan.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 8, 2022 11:21 PM

Sep 2014
What's this again? People comparing the entire anime database as if all anime were equal to each other in term of production value and ambition? You know there could be different kind of bad, right? Like being so bad for being short clip that was obviously rushed in production and was obviously released unfinished. And bad like something that strived to monumentally impress its viewer, but ultimately did everything wrong which resulted in the worst experience ever.

A popular anime can be the worst anime ever because it is possible to quantify a distaste, dissatisfaction, boredom, displeasure and frustration which are obvious sign that the anime is not good.
Mar 8, 2022 11:58 PM

Mar 2012
My general reaction to people who say things like that is about the equivalent of the Tommy Lee Jones newspaper meme. For the most part, I’ll ignore it…especially considering how I used to subject myself to shows like Raimuiro Senkitan, Amnesia and Hidan no Aria.

I’d rather marathon Sword Art Online while getting a root canal than subject myself to any of those shows ever again.
Mar 8, 2022 11:59 PM

Feb 2020
Advide said:
But I non-ironically enjoyed Shitcom and Pupa more than Re:Zero and Gurren Lagann :/
Mar 9, 2022 3:25 AM

Oct 2008
I mean Kimetsu no Yaiba, I don't know if there are more people who love it, or hate it.
Personally I liked Dororo, Vinland Saga and Mugen no Juunin: Immortal, which came out the same year, much more.

Rather than complain about how influential an anime is, just focus on the anime you like in stead.
Mar 28, 2022 5:04 PM

Dec 2019
I don't use 1/10 excessively, id est, I don't exaggerate.
Mar 28, 2022 5:35 PM

Oct 2012
I remember this thread. Out of curiosity, I tallied up all the ratings I have in top 300, and the average is 6.47. Considering most of my 9s and 10s are in here, that means a lot of the other ones must be shit. I wouldn't go as far to say they're worst ever, and I don't think anyone means that literally anyways, but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that at least half of Top 300 is literal shit.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 28, 2022 5:52 PM
Mar 2022
I'll stop having opinions if that's what you want. Ok, fair enough.
Mar 28, 2022 5:59 PM

Sep 2020
Maybe when people stop claiming everything is the best thing ever made... Just maybe.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
11 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
28 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
32 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.