Forum Settings
Forums

Anime character everyone loves but *you* HATE.

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2022 11:54 PM

Sep 2015
Tendo_GM said:
iam21 said:

Yeah but i think hachiman, while being an edge lord, says a lot of things right.

Not really, but I’ll let A_G_N say it:
I looovee relating to my hypocritical, no self-worth, cynical, self harming teen sooo much. I loved it when the series rewarded him by fucking him up.

A lot of teenage viewers of the series, misinterpret and hail him as some relatable god

While he has him as a favorite character and the manga as a favorite. Okay.
Mar 4, 2022 11:57 PM

May 2016
All the popular ones basically, just scrolling the favorite chars page on MAL is so cringe for me
Mar 5, 2022 12:02 AM

Mar 2021
He's been mentioned already but I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people love Zenitsu. He's insufferable whenever he speaks and the only time I can tolerate him is when he's sleeping and therefore completely absent of personality. Even if you're into him because of his fighting skills, there are so many more interesting fighters in Shounen and even in Demon Slayer itself (mainly the Hashira). Maybe he gets better in the manga but I can't stand what I've seen of him in the anime.
Mar 5, 2022 12:26 AM

Oct 2021
Rem kinda ruined re:zero for me. Deredere character is so freaking boring
Mar 5, 2022 12:28 AM

Oct 2021
A_G_N said:
Banisoup said:

I was looking up his character to see what kinda edgy he was and the description they gave made it sound like he deals with a lot of depression and recognizing his self worth more than anything. Though I don't think sacrificing yourself is healthy, doesn't mean he's a bad character. what's your take?
He's a cynical, hypocritical, narcissistic, edgy, self-sacrificing person. He wants to change, but can't bring himself to anymore.

He's like this because of a lot of reason, he doesn't really want to harm anyone or is bad. He's basically just coping by acting cyncial and edgy. He has issues.

The anime doesn't really do justice to the series or the characters, bad adaptation. So reading the LN is best if you wanna know. This series is a deconstruction of anime tropes, so everyone starts with off tropes and get broken down as volumes go on.

Yeah oregairu message is basically "stop being an edgelord".

The problem is the show just reward the edgelord with harem.
Mar 5, 2022 12:37 AM

Feb 2018
I just don't understand how can anybody like Junko Enoshima
Mar 5, 2022 12:51 AM
Jun 2020
EdgyLord666 said:
A_G_N said:
He's a cynical, hypocritical, narcissistic, edgy, self-sacrificing person. He wants to change, but can't bring himself to anymore.

He's like this because of a lot of reason, he doesn't really want to harm anyone or is bad. He's basically just coping by acting cyncial and edgy. He has issues.

The anime doesn't really do justice to the series or the characters, bad adaptation. So reading the LN is best if you wanna know. This series is a deconstruction of anime tropes, so everyone starts with off tropes and get broken down as volumes go on.

That's just anime chaging the meaning and context of scenes to make it as harem-ish as possible. The male mc only views the main female as a love interest. Second one as friend, and kouhai as his pseudo sister

The main female character loves him. The second one is in "love" with the heroic image of him that she made up in her mind. Their entire relationship started only bcz the mc saved her dog.

Otherwise she would not even have noticed him, or sought after him. Her saying she would've regardless if that happened or not is a lie. Especially considering how her character actually is.

Combined with her viewing him as some sort of saviour figure, who "saves/help" people when they need it supports it.

There are also hints of her relationship with the MC being codependant. From a lot of instances.

Third Kouhai is literally - according to the author, the kind of woman who chases after money and power. The kind you'll see married to a old rich person. Multiple hints of these are present in the novels.

Her obsession of wanting him, is basically a back up choice of hers. Since he is "smart" and so is "useful". If she fails in charming the blond athletic dude in the series, she would fall back to him.

Basically those woman who like to string along dudes, and like the attention. But as soon as someone takes it away, she wants i back kind of deal. That's why she acts like that around him, to charm him up with all of her tactics.

You can see her not so subtely getting annoyed when the mc gets togther with the female mc.

No one else tries anything towards him in the series
Mar 5, 2022 12:55 AM
Jun 2020
iam21 said:
Tendo_GM said:

Well, I like the writing of his character and the series. Doesn't mean I hail him as a god like some teens do. The morally grey characters are usually the best ones.
Mar 5, 2022 1:07 AM

Nov 2020
Noelle from Black Clover, I found her useless and she's just a stereotypical tsundere. I don't understand why people say she's a well-written woman while she's just a umpteenth tsundere who loves the MC.

Mar 5, 2022 1:19 AM

Mar 2020
iam21 said:
Tendo_GM said:

I know, but his ironic/sarcastic statement is actually true…
Mar 5, 2022 1:26 AM

Aug 2021
Sasuke from naruto

He is more annoying than Sakura
Mar 5, 2022 2:29 AM

Oct 2021
A_G_N said:
EdgyLord666 said:

That's just anime chaging the meaning and context of scenes to make it as harem-ish as possible. The male mc only views the main female as a love interest. Second one as friend, and kouhai as his pseudo sister

The main female character loves him. The second one is in "love" with the heroic image of him that she made up in her mind. Their entire relationship started only bcz the mc saved her dog.

Otherwise she would not even have noticed him, or sought after him. Her saying she would've regardless if that happened or not is a lie. Especially considering how her character actually is.

Combined with her viewing him as some sort of saviour figure, who "saves/help" people when they need it supports it.

There are also hints of her relationship with the MC being codependant. From a lot of instances.

Third Kouhai is literally - according to the author, the kind of woman who chases after money and power. The kind you'll see married to a old rich person. Multiple hints of these are present in the novels.

Her obsession of wanting him, is basically a back up choice of hers. Since he is "smart" and so is "useful". If she fails in charming the blond athletic dude in the series, she would fall back to him.

Basically those woman who like to string along dudes, and like the attention. But as soon as someone takes it away, she wants i back kind of deal. That's why she acts like that around him, to charm him up with all of her tactics.

You can see her not so subtely getting annoyed when the mc gets togther with the female mc.

No one else tries anything towards him in the series

Damn, so it's the anime's fault. Never know the LN doesn't have harem to begin with.
Mar 5, 2022 2:39 AM

Oct 2021
Rem from Re:Zero, and Nino Nakano from TQQ.
Mar 5, 2022 3:03 AM
Nov 2021
Levi from aot and L lawliet from death note
Mar 5, 2022 3:12 AM
Jul 2019
I really don't like bakugo,i mean he just acts like a jerk and insult others without any reason.If i ever see a kid like that i would so want to slap some sense into him.
Mar 5, 2022 3:33 AM

Aug 2020
Hachiman
Marin Kitagawa
Nia in either half of the show

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Mar 5, 2022 3:50 AM

May 2015
Koichi from JoJo part 4 couldn't stand him.
Mar 5, 2022 4:15 AM

Jul 2010
  • mikasa - one of the most bland and boring characters to ever exist with non-existing development and such a led down of a main character
  • luffy - i can't describe how annoying his screaming is for me
  • hinata - similar to mikasa, I hate characters which sole purpose in the narrative is to simp the mc and lack any personality
  • tsuna - from khr, is also one of the most annoying to watch main characters
  • levi - was cool first and second season, after the zeke explosion he because useless af and it's a shame that the author can't kill of a character because of popularity polls
  • koichi - jjba, was so annoying to me too with his constant screaming

Mar 5, 2022 4:23 AM

Apr 2020
she probably has a lot of haters either way as well as peeps who love her but Umaru Douma

Mosesaa said:

4. Johan the Joker - People call him best villain of all time , but we never seen him doing those villainous things. Most of his actions are plot convenience. They call him master of manipulation like Joker from DC lmao ,but that man fucking manipulate 12 year kids lmao , a drunk old man and some pathetic villagers. Bruh, i can't take this seriously.

He may be a well written character ,but not well written villain.

this honestly. his character is a complex one for sure, but as an antagonist he's weak af. and I don't get why people find him hot at all
Mar 5, 2022 4:29 AM

Jun 2021
Sasuke from naruto
Kakashi from naruto
Kirito from Sword Art online
L lawliet from Death note
Zero two from Darling in the franxx ( I don't hate but it's overrated waifu that's why I don't like her)
Mar 5, 2022 4:59 AM

Sep 2020
A_G_N said:
Jellybeanx said:

Naruto is a decent character who may be funny at times. The issue with him is that he appears to be rather unrealistic. He is constantly certain that he will save his comrades and become the Hokage. He doesn't have any doubts about it. He is always attempting to make friends with all of his enemies. Even after Pain/Nagato "killed" Hinata, he went to see him and chatted in a friendly manner. Then he learns Obito murdered his parents and says, "Let's be mates." No one would act like that in real life. In general, he is highly predictable; we always know how he would react in any given circumstance. Regardless of the fact that this is an anime and no character will be completely realistic. I prefer characters that have major internal conflicts and are not politically correct. To be honest, they're just more genuine.
I'll agree you with Obito since the author was forced to create that entire otsutsuki arc by shonen jump for a plotline for sequel series.

Now Naruto doesn't wanna be friends with every villain. There were only three people - Sasuke, Gaara and Obito. Without Obito, there are two. Sasuke for obvious reasons, and Gaara was literally Naruto if Naruto turned bad. Being a jinchurikki, Naruto desperately wanted to not let Gaara, someone just like him suffer anymore.

Now Pain doesn't count. Naruto didn't wanna be friends with Pain or anything, Naruto only even decided to talk to Nagato so he wouldn't continue the cycle of revenge/hatred. Naruto was trying to fulfill his mentor's belief's.

Naruto says multiple times in his talk with Nagato that his skin is crawling to kill him for what he did to his people and Hinata, but that he wouldn't. Since that would defeat the purpose and prove Nagato right.

Talking with Nagato was supposed to show that HE atleast wouldn't go there anymore. That he wasn't like that.

I can see why you would think he is predictable, if the "he is certain he won't fail and will save his friends and become hokage" part was true. Thing is, he isn't. He's just making himself believe that. Cuz if he wouldn't, literally no one else will. Since no has since his birth.

He's been told multiple times that he wouldn't reach anywhere with his situation, and to give up. And that's exactly what propels him.

Not being able to save Sasuke always reminds him that he' a failure for not being able to save his friend, but he will still try to atleast. Naruto doesn't believe he should even become Hokage if he can't save his friend. Being Hokage was an nearly impossible task for him anyway, but he'll try and say stuff like he'll become it.

Him hyperventilating when Sasuke went ahead and "killed" Bee, seeing Sasuke going further into the darkness, and with all the other situations. Being completely helpless was supposed to highlight that he couldn't handle it.

It was too much for a teenager like him. Naruto's talk with his father shows that he can't. Naruto asks his father - Why him? He's just a "dumb kid", he can't handle all the responsibilities that were given to him".

The only reason his father gives for that answer is an parent's faith. No concrete answer, just unconventional faith on his child.

Seeing someone say that to him probably made him reinforce his belief's again, after Pain had broken it.

His father believed he would, and that's exactly why he said he can accomplish his mentor's wish so confidentally to Nagato. He was clinging on to his father's and his mentor's belief's of himself. Not that he himself believed he will.

Naruto didn't have self-worth, it's something he works on later himself. Believing in himself was just a facade he runs around with to show people he was unfazed.

Fair enough, you have some good points.
Mar 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Sep 2020
hanekawa tsubasa and mikasa erehman, fuck these bitches
Mar 5, 2022 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
Rem from re:zero and Miku from QQ. I don't see the appeal from either of them, especially Miku since she's annoying with how shy and wimpy she is.
Mar 5, 2022 7:05 AM

Nov 2018
Taiga from Toradora
Hisoka from HxH
Mar 5, 2022 7:26 AM

Jan 2008
Probably most of the well loved ones. I'm all about the flawed and side characters.
Mar 5, 2022 8:04 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hitomi from Madoka Magica.
I'm ragequitting the franchise if she ends up joining their ranks in the new movie. I hope she never does so I never have to look at her face apart from the 2 frames she's on.
I can't forgive her for what she did even if that was necessary to the plot. She gets away with it, no punishment whatsoever and we're expected to forgive her. I sure don't plan on it.

Hitagi Senjougahara from Monogatari
The same problem a lot of the comments here said about Rem. I don't like when characters are stripped of their personality for the sake of #waifu. If you're gonna have an extremely violent female MC, fine, but have the guts to stick with it.

Mar 5, 2022 10:47 AM
Feb 2022
well many charachters are overrated but I dont understand why would anyone hate them its just childish and kinda dumb just saying uhm...
btw Lucy-elfen lied , luffy, yuno black clover
Mar 5, 2022 12:11 PM

Mar 2021
Asuka from evangelion. I can't stand her

Rem. I don't HATE her but she's really not that special.

Subarou from re:zero. He made me almost drop the show

Koichi from JJBA. He just annoys me

EroyPelliMar 5, 2022 12:19 PM
Mar 5, 2022 3:05 PM

Jan 2019
Izaya that bitch. he needs to spend less time fucking with shizuo and more time washing that crusty ass jacket. like istg take five minutes out of your whole month to go to a laundromat
Mar 5, 2022 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
I hate this whole thread lol.
So many people have no reason to hate a character or hate them because of their FUNCTION in an anime.

I saw someone say they hate Johan because he's more liked than Dr. Tenma

LOL? How is that a good reason??????? Confusion noises.
Mar 5, 2022 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
I didn't really like the girl in Barakamon. I just found her really annoying.
Mar 5, 2022 5:14 PM

Sep 2021
Natsuki Subaru, I just want to beat the shit out of him.
Mar 5, 2022 5:58 PM

Jun 2020
Gojou Satoru. Its not fair answer though because I actually hate his fans. Then there's this one character from Bang Dream named Tamade Chiyu or CHU² who is everyone favorite, at least in the fandom but I personally hate her whole personality.
Mar 5, 2022 6:48 PM

Feb 2020
I don't like Tatsumi from Zombieland Saga.
Mar 5, 2022 6:48 PM

Jan 2019
Ranacchi said:
Hitomi from Madoka Magica.
I'm ragequitting the franchise if she ends up joining their ranks in the new movie. I hope she never does so I never have to look at her face apart from the 2 frames she's on.
I can't forgive her for what she did even if that was necessary to the plot. She gets away with it, no punishment whatsoever and we're expected to forgive her. I sure don't plan on it.
sorry what did Hitomi do? it's not like she stole whats-his-face from Sayaka. Sayaka never had a chance with him cuz she never intended to pursue him
Mar 5, 2022 8:35 PM

Feb 2019
Bakugo from bnha
Mikasa from AOT
Sasuke from Naruto
Bam from Tower of God
Mar 5, 2022 9:40 PM

Jan 2021
Hori. I know tsunderes are very popular but hori's just a bitch
Mar 5, 2022 10:03 PM

Aug 2021
Goku, Luffy,... Goku and Luffy... yes
Mar 5, 2022 11:03 PM

Feb 2019
Fernehem said:
Naruto. He's probably the worst shounen protagonist I've ever seen

Have you met Asta?

I'll say Hisoka, also HxH but Gon- I kinda just feel like he's a psychopath

and while I don't HATE her, I've learned to like her as a character I hate Senjougahara. She reminds me of all the basic girls in hs guys would call unique even though they're literally just dime a dozen sassy short girls. That being said she ISN'T that, she has a lot of character and purpose and I love that. But I still don't like how femdommy she is, or her general attitude/ behavior. Yes I have pent up issues but that's besides the point.

I don't like Joseph nearly as much as everyone else, and on that note fuck Abbacchio to an extent. Obnoxiously stubborn/rude characters are the worst.

Vegeta

Both Hina and Yoshifumi from Hinamatsuri
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Mar 5, 2022 11:23 PM
Feb 2022
City hunter's mc is pretty bad and I don't like his personality. He sucks.
Mar 5, 2022 11:45 PM
Jul 2021
Naruto:Always win through plot armor. Some underdog he is.
Todoroki: Bland and boring version of zuko
Ichigo:Power of friendship
Sasuke: Kurapika ripoff
Pain: Trash villian
Mar 6, 2022 7:06 AM
Nov 2021
I cant say I hate him but I dont like killua from hxh,killua fans are just some kids who think killua is cool because he have white hair and his personality is a fiasco,omg.....but,but he can kill everybody with a smile of his face,thats is one of the most annoying thincs about him
Mar 6, 2022 2:48 PM

May 2019
02 - for some characters, boundaries just dont exist. plus her attitude/entitled behavior pisses me off and shes a rip off Anemone /j

Lucy Heartfilia - something abt her irritates me, the fact that she cries so much maybe.

Midoria - hes so boring, not much depth to him really other than him being a hero

almost every character from demon slayer - sorry

Mirai Kuriyama - i hate clumsy people, i just dont have patience to watch a character trip and get hit by stuff all the time

Shouyou Hinata - from what ive seen (since i dropped haikyuu so fast) hinata is just way too optimistic or like, lighthearted for me. I cant really explain why I hate him, i just cant stand the energy the character has.

Mai Sakurajima - Koga deserved better so i like to blame Mai for Kogas unrequited love arch.

Eren Yeager - whine whine whine, be weak etc

Meliodas - such a cringe character and the way he borderline assaults elizabeth constantly doesnt sit right w me.

Taiga Aisaka - immature, annoying. projects a lot of her own problems and insecurities and the fact that she carries a facade the whole show is really depressing cause shes actually just very lonely.

Emma (PNL) same issue i have with midoria.

remember the lesson, not the disappointment.
Mar 6, 2022 2:51 PM

May 2019
papandau said:
I cant say I hate him but I dont like killua from hxh,killua fans are just some kids who think killua is cool because he have white hair and his personality is a fiasco,omg.....but,but he can kill everybody with a smile of his face,thats is one of the most annoying thincs about him

valid, i think most (including me) havent even really watched the show or know the character very much so i completely understand this opinion even though i also like him a lot myself.
remember the lesson, not the disappointment.
Mar 6, 2022 5:17 PM

Jul 2021
Floch, ik he's a hated character in general but there are so many fangirls simping for him on twitter and I've been questioning my existence.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 6, 2022 6:22 PM

Nov 2020
Morgana190 said:
I just don't understand how can anybody like Junko Enoshima

It’s only because they want some big titty goth pussy.
Mar 6, 2022 7:13 PM

Jan 2021
Bakugou from MHA for me! He's just really bland and not very... human? Nothing about him at all is realistic enough to be an effective rival, and although I think the idea behind him is nice, I don't think he's a likable dude at all. Probably any other personality for Deku's rival would be better.
Forum Icon is from Kekkai Sensen
Mar 6, 2022 7:22 PM
Nov 2021
Eren and Mikasa from Aot
Rengoku from Kny
Todoroki from Bnha
Yuji from Jjk(I don't hate him but I don't like him?)
Mar 6, 2022 7:34 PM

Nov 2021
papandau said:
Stop generalizing. If you can't see good writing fine.
Mar 6, 2022 7:39 PM
Apr 2021
Xtpot said:
Naruto:Always win through plot armor. Some underdog he is.
Todoroki: Bland and boring version of zuko
Ichigo:Power of friendship
Sasuke: Kurapika ripoff
Pain: Trash villian

Naruto: stop chasing a jackass
Icy hot bastard: pure boring
Sasuke : respect your damn brother's wishes
Pain : dumbass
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 57 minutes ago

11 by hypergoob »»
38 seconds ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - 29 minutes ago

3 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

168 by StyxParadise »»
16 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

87 by camay1997 »»
17 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Yesterday

24 by Hitagi__Furude »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.