Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Would anyone like a Wonder egg manga that's better than the anime?
Mar 3, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2021
So as we all know, Wonder Egg had a really cool premise and solid start, but shit the bed narratively in the end. I'm curious to see if anyone would read a manga that Vitoed the animes ending in favour of a better one. Let me know in the poll.

As a side note, this thought occurred to me when thinking about Darling I the Franxx which is another series that had a solid start but fell flat in the end. While I haven't read the manga for DitF I've seen good reviews online.
Mar 3, 2022 9:44 AM
May 2021
No, I don't want wonder egg priority manga and darling in the franxx was trash from the start.
Mar 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Sep 2020
If the ending is better then sure why not.
Mar 3, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2020
No it was so bad I’m sorry
Mar 3, 2022 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
No, the whole premise was atrocious. “The reason only girls are brought here is because they have different reasons for suicide. For women it’s emotional while for men it’s failed goals and aspirations(I paraphrased but that’s what I remember them saying).” Then they proceeded to terribly handle the “feminine girly topics that supposedly only stupid emotional and hormonal girls can be sad about” such as rape, gender dysphoria and harassment.

There are a multitude of reasons as to why I hated this anime, but it was essentially incredibly insensitive towards its graphic subjects and even the basic idea of it’s world is horrifically misogynistic. So no. For the love of god, I do not want a manga.
Mar 3, 2022 10:21 AM

Nov 2021
No, i didn't find it at that high level in terms of plot or characters.
Maybe animation is good (not great) but other aspects are average.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 3, 2022 11:30 AM
Feb 2021
I would prefer a 2nd season. The anime had almost everything, good character designs, incredible animation a ost, and an interesting plot. The ending was terrible but if they announced a sequel or a manga that continues where the anime ended, that would be great.
Mar 3, 2022 11:58 AM
Nov 2021
MirjanVersia said:
No, the whole premise was atrocious. “The reason only girls are brought here is because they have different reasons for suicide. For women it’s emotional while for men it’s failed goals and aspirations(I paraphrased but that’s what I remember them saying).” Then they proceeded to terribly handle the “feminine girly topics that supposedly only stupid emotional and hormonal girls can be sad about” such as rape, gender dysphoria and harassment.

There are a multitude of reasons as to why I hated this anime, but it was essentially incredibly insensitive towards its graphic subjects and even the basic idea of it’s world is horrifically misogynistic. So no. For the love of god, I do not want a manga.

mind explaining what about this show was misogynistic?
Mar 3, 2022 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
SawsyMikey said:
MirjanVersia said:

i
Are you incapable of reading comprehension? I could not have made my point more obvious. There is literally no other way than to copy and paste the same message but in caps.
Jan 2021
No, they just needed to complete the anime ending
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 2021
manga no. a sequel is whats needed here
Mar 3, 2022 12:04 PM
Jan 2021
MirjanVersia said:

No, the premise was basically all people are bad, men and women, didn’t really scream misogyny. To me it was a way better way to bring up those problems than most anime.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 3, 2022 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
official_brown said:
MirjanVersia said:

No, the premise was basically all people are bad, men and women, didn’t really scream misogyny. To me it was a way better way to bring up those problems than most anime.

Once again, are people unable to read? I literally explained the very specific example as to why it is misogynistic. The very idea behind the world and the way it is structured is incredibly misogynistic and rooted in the stereotype that women are “hormonal childish wrecks.” How are you ignoring this and everything that I wrote to make up the bulk of my argument, at least in this post. It’s not even that much text?
Mar 3, 2022 12:09 PM
Nov 2021
MirjanVersia said:
SawsyMikey said:

i
Are you incapable of reading comprehension? I could not have made my point more obvious. There is literally no other way than to copy and paste the same message but in caps.
bruh are you that sour that the anime was bad lmao cuz all I basically asked was to reiterate your point bro
SawsyMikeyMar 3, 2022 12:12 PM
Mar 3, 2022 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
MirjanVersia said:
official_brown said:

Once again, are people unable to read? I literally explained the very specific example as to why it is misogynistic. The very idea behind the world and the way it is structured is incredibly misogynistic and rooted in the stereotype that women are “hormonal childish wrecks.” How are you ignoring this and everything that I wrote to make up the bulk of my argument, at least in this post. It’s not even that much text?

Well, they are in fact children, soooo, I don't really know what to say. Some people struggle. I mean if it was young boys with the exact same premise I highly doubt men would say that this was misandry. Actually, if the genders were flipped, wouldn't women be against the show for showing all of the villains as women, thus showing misogynism?

These topics are highly rampant in young women as in men, so I still don't see the problem. Again, I thought they depicted the problems well and raw. I respected it about that. But that's the watchers' opinion I guess.

About the suicide portion, I do disagree with the anime. Actually I would say the anime is more misandrist since they depicted women's suicide and pure and men's not, as in they are not good enough to save in the "wonder egg." It did some things well and it did some things bad.

Also these women you depict are middle schoolers and not adults.

It's so funny that you rated Banana Fish a 9 when it handled rape and other aspects way worse.
official_brownMar 3, 2022 12:21 PM
Mar 3, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
SawsyMikey said:
MirjanVersia said:
i
bruh are you that sour that the anime was bad lmao cuz all I basically asked was to reiterate your point bro

Honestly, if you want me to explain any further then you can simply take a look at the review on my profile altogether. The reason I posted under this topic to begin with was because I've been thinking of this anime quite a bit as of late and reedited my review to better present my thoughts.

Wonder Egg Priority Review
Mar 3, 2022 12:49 PM
Jan 2021
MirjanVersia said:
official_brown said:

Dang, I get roasted and comment back pretty respectfully and no response, not cool.
Mar 3, 2022 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
official_brown said:
MirjanVersia said:

Well, they are in fact children, soooo, I don't really know what to say. Some people struggle. I mean if it was young boys with the exact same premise I highly doubt men would say that this was misandry. Actually, if the genders were flipped, wouldn't women be against the show for showing all of the villains as women, thus showing misogynism?

These topics are highly rampant in young women as in men, so I still don't see the problem. Again, I thought they depicted the problems well and raw. I respected it about that. But that's the watchers' opinion I guess.

About the suicide portion, I do disagree with the anime. Actually I would say the anime is more misandrist since they depicted women's suicide and pure and men's not, as in they are not good enough to save in the "wonder egg." It did some things well and it did some things bad.

It's so funny that you rated Banana Fish a 9 when it handled rape and other aspects way worse.

I watched Banana fish when I was fourteen and thought it was cool without ever having looked back. When I made a mal account, I simply remembered enjoying it a lot as most fourteen year old's did, so I rated it accordingly. I also watched Citrus around the same age and thought was super amazing and great, but the difference was I remembered it recently and changed my score because it was an anime made to simply appeal to fetishizers. I have not watched Banana Fish recently, but I would reckon it was probably the same.

As for WEP, I still don't understand your point? Just because they are children, doesn't mean their struggles weren't anything that adult women don't face? A lot of the subjects were really graphic and when I mentioned childish, I still do not think you understood my point whatsoever? I'm talking about the way people infantilize women and call them bitchy for every time they voice any of their opinions or express any emotion. Imagine telling people that their struggles are not real and they're just being emotional in topics related to something like rape or gender dysphoria?

You're right in that it's misandrist in that way as well, but also in the point I was trying to make too. Men being "incapable of emotional suicides" and explaining that they only ever feel depressed about their goals instead of things like relationship or family struggles (which was written off as girly in the show as well) really reinforces toxic masculinity. Following the idea of "different suicides," it really just makes it even weirder because all of the topics are pretty universal experiences. They could've just solved this by honestly giving no explanation and just admitting that men and women are being divided arbitrarily. I don't know man, just take a page from Darling in the Franx and not attempt to explain a single thing. Just absolutely go ape shit and not put any logic for it, because when they attempted to do so (plus the whole arc with Frill) it hammered in the nail to it's coffin for me.

As for the actual topics discussed, in my opinion they did not really serve any purpose other than shock value. They weren't delved deeper into and then it was back to kawaii anime girls fighting their demons. This honestly felt incredibly forced to me and cringe at most parts, as everything felt like it was used just for the edge and nothing more. I also disliked that they put the trans guy in this rather than a trans girl. But then again, I guess they were really trying to drive that biological difference between the "different suicides.
Mar 3, 2022 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
official_brown said:
MirjanVersia said:

Dang, I get roasted and comment back pretty respectfully and no response, not cool.

I didn't see it for a bit, plus I was busy with something else. I didn't even see this until I refreshed my page after finally posting my response.
Mar 3, 2022 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
MirjanVersia said:
official_brown said:

I watched Banana fish when I was fourteen and thought it was cool without ever having looked back. When I made a mal account, I simply remembered enjoying it a lot as most fourteen year old's did, so I rated it accordingly. I also watched Citrus around the same age and thought was super amazing and great, but the difference was I remembered it recently and changed my score because it was an anime made to simply appeal to fetishizers. I have not watched Banana Fish recently, but I would reckon it was probably the same.

As for WEP, I still don't understand your point? Just because they are children, doesn't mean their struggles weren't anything that adult women don't face? A lot of the subjects were really graphic and when I mentioned childish, I still do not think you understood my point whatsoever? I'm talking about the way people infantilize women and call them bitchy for every time they voice any of their opinions or express any emotion. Imagine telling people that their struggles are not real and they're just being emotional in topics related to something like rape or gender dysphoria?

You're right in that it's misandrist in that way as well, but also in the point I was trying to make too. Men being "incapable of emotional suicides" and explaining that they only ever feel depressed about their goals instead of things like relationship or family struggles (which was written off as girly in the show as well) really reinforces toxic masculinity. Following the idea of "different suicides," it really just makes it even weirder because all of the topics are pretty universal experiences. They could've just solved this by honestly giving no explanation and just admitting that men and women are being divided arbitrarily. I don't know man, just take a page from Darling in the Franx and not attempt to explain a single thing. Just absolutely go ape shit and not put any logic for it, because when they attempted to do so (plus the whole arc with Frill) it hammered in the nail to it's coffin for me.

As for the actual topics discussed, in my opinion they did not really serve any purpose other than shock value. They weren't delved deeper into and then it was back to kawaii anime girls fighting their demons. This honestly felt incredibly forced to me and cringe at most parts, as everything felt like it was used just for the edge and nothing more. I also disliked that they put the trans guy in this rather than a trans girl. But then again, I guess they were really trying to drive that biological difference between the "different suicides.

Well said. I agree with some of your points, and they basically ruined it by the end.

- When I said young girls being the MC's I meant they portray just young people in general to be emotional and what not. Not like they are telling people that women are weak when they are adults. Children can be weak as can adults be weak. Wish they did it better but it is hard to stuff everything in 12 eps.

- And yeah, the gender stereotypes that men don't or cannot have emotions or don't struggle really sucked.
Mar 3, 2022 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
official_brown said:
MirjanVersia said:

Well said. I agree with some of your points, and they basically ruined it by the end.

- When I said young girls being the MC's I meant they portray just young people in general to be emotional and what not. Not like they are telling people that women are weak when they are adults. Children can be weak as can adults be weak. Wish they did it better but it is hard to stuff everything in 12 eps.

- And yeah, the gender stereotypes that men don't or cannot have emotions or don't struggle really sucked.

Oh I see, that makes sense. Yeah, I won’t even get into the implications that the introduction of Frill’s character had. It makes things a million times worse. Which… makes the whole “kawaii magical girls” aspect of the show so much creepier since it’s so riddled with these dark implications.
Mar 3, 2022 1:58 PM
Mar 2021
personally yea! i feel as it would flesh out the anime and give more explanation. that’s just my take tho!
Mar 3, 2022 2:16 PM
Mar 2021
Thanks for the results folks
Mar 3, 2022 10:32 PM
Apr 2020
The anime already kind of disappointed me so I don’t think I would be motivated to read the manga if there was one or if one were created. Rika’s character was the only one I ended up liking that much. All the girls they were fighting for supposedly came back to life at the end but we never got to even see that. How would they have come back? Would there not be a fuss about it. You would have thought we could see the characters confront the girls that they saved but we just got to see them scared and depressed. Fril was introduced only to put a name to the enemy. I thought the girls were just going to go through relevant ordeals in society but how many teenage girls have to deal with the weight of killing their friend that was on life support? Not saying it doesn’t happen but that and the blue girl liking her teacher baffled me a bit. Are a lot of teenage girls falling in love with a teacher that is very much older than them? It’s okay if they have that struggle it was just that I initially thought the problems were going to be ones that were more common. I really didn’t understand Momoe’s deal much at all. I understand that she was supposed to have a whole gender issue but she seemed firm in her whole thing that she was heterosexual and a woman only to be completely fine with the idea of getting together with another woman. And sure she said she was a boy and I know a bunch of people are going to get angry at me for misgendering but if they still basically look like a girl and the only thing different about her from any other girl is that she says she’s a boy then I don’t see any reason for Momoe to be attracted to her. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Plus the whole premise is about girl’s deaths so wouldn’t her claim to be a boy not make sense because of that? Wouldn’t she technically have to be a girl to be there? Idk, the whole second half of the anime had problems and should have been better planned out.
Mar 4, 2022 5:23 AM

Oct 2020
Yup, i am sure the manga art would not be even close compared to the Top-Class animation which is 10/10. But i would read it .
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Mar 4, 2022 11:48 PM
Mar 2021
MirjanVersia said:

Okay so first there is solid evidence that in fact the girls more likely to commit suicide for emotional reasons then boys and 2nd if I remember right they established they were studying and why they are or something like that and that it wasn’t every single girl I have a real hard time remembering what it was but they didn’t just say girls only kill themselves because they get emotional like you making it sound
Mar 4, 2022 11:50 PM
Mar 2021
I think a manga would be great the start of it was an easy 9/10 and if they could continue the story or change the end it could stay that way
Mar 5, 2022 9:49 AM
Dec 2021
Please i very very want
Mar 6, 2022 1:36 PM
Oct 2020
Nope, the only thing that i liked was artstyle, the color palette was nice. but otherwise this is a crappy anime imo. if they make a manga they will take the last thing i liked about this anime.
Mar 6, 2022 6:49 PM
Jun 2021
tbh half of y'all didn't bother understanding wonder egg priority or the meaning of the ending . maybe reading it would help
Mar 7, 2022 4:40 AM
Sep 2015
Idk why I read pplz' opinions on MAL (Curiosity? Maybe), but as I have recently; some reoccurring thoughts arrive to hit me right on the bridge of my nose, and break it.

It personally feels really good to watch anime, and read manga. Yes. I like water too. (lol) It also feels liberating to not see it as good, or bad. Just simply seeing it as someone's piece of art is all I can do.

Discussing, or better yet...dissecting someone's (or a team's) piece of art in any space, or place of communication just feels like it would be dirty to me. So I never have.

Anyways...This forum topic about Wonder Egg Priority receiving a manga adaptation. Gonna take the high road; like I always do, and leave it up to them. The Anime Manga Gods.

Ew. I just shared my opinion about people having opinions. Shoot me.

Also. Is there a way that I can make my MAL ratings private? Other than tossing them onto a notepad? Still enjoying the convenience of this site after all these years.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

419 by redpanda_42 »»
Sep 8, 10:30 PM

» What is this anime all about?

Shy - Aug 1

19 by Jxyf0ry0u »»
Aug 14, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

171 by Orogoth »»
Jul 23, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2021

196 by nicky_toutou »»
Jul 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

213 by TheEclecticNomad »»
Jul 3, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.