Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 7, 2022 12:58 AM
Jun 2021
iamisaiah said:
Adampk said:

Season 2 is also same level adaptation as s1.

Thanks, I'll probably watch it eventually then, prob when season 3 is coming so I can hop on the weekly train for that one :)

that's a long time season 3 is coming in 2023 though this summer there is a Ryusui special coming
Mar 7, 2022 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
It was a good ride, thanks for the adventure Dr. Stone..
Mar 7, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2011
Glad it wasn't dragged out anymore, felt like the author has started to reach his limits and this is just the sweet spot to end it. Really nice to see at least 2 main ship sailed, meanwhile leaving the senku one still open for possibilities.

9/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 7, 2022 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
This looks like it's leading to a sequel. Anyways thank you Inagaki and Boichi sensei. Awesome end tho. Senku is achieving the impossible

Mar 7, 2022 10:33 PM
Dec 2019
Overall a great series but man this ending was bad. The whole "Whyman" saga has been disappointing. I suppose an eventual clash between the show's use of real science (obviously manga-fied) and nonsense like time travel and sentient AI was inevitable. It's just a shame for the series to race to a finish line of "uhhh time travel, sure whatever *hand waving gesture*" when it was solid up until that.

I think Whyman being an actual villain in some capacity would've been more interesting too. Medusa being essentially a dumb animal that very poorly assessed humanity's science ability based on 1950s technology was a deflating reveal and then there just wasn't anything done with it since the series ended 5 chapters later.
Mar 9, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2019
LotteGiants said:
Overall a great series but man this ending was bad. The whole "Whyman" saga has been disappointing. I suppose an eventual clash between the show's use of real science (obviously manga-fied) and nonsense like time travel and sentient AI was inevitable. It's just a shame for the series to race to a finish line of "uhhh time travel, sure whatever *hand waving gesture*" when it was solid up until that.

I think Whyman being an actual villain in some capacity would've been more interesting too. Medusa being essentially a dumb animal that very poorly assessed humanity's science ability based on 1950s technology was a deflating reveal and then there just wasn't anything done with it since the series ended 5 chapters later.

Agreed, this ending was very underwhelming for me and it was weird to go from a mostly realistic (other than the speed at which inventions were finished) science manga straight into pure Sci-Fi in the span of a few chapters and then it ended. The shift was too quick and too jarring in my opinion. This whole ending and final arc felt very rushed to me to be honest. But I still enjoyed my time with this manga up until the last few arcs or so. And I'm happy that other people could enjoy the ending even if I didn't really
Mar 9, 2022 4:28 PM
Aug 2020
I was fine with the ending from an objective standpoint. I just can't help but feel like it was rushed. I am happy with the mystery behind the why man though.
Aug 2020
I was fine with the ending from an objective standpoint. I just can't help but feel like it was rushed. I am happy with the mystery behind the why man though.
Aug 2020
Mar 9, 2022 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
Did not expect the final chapter to drop, but it's not overall surprising to me. This could have a sequel judging by the final panel, but I'm more or less content w/ the closure.
Mar 10, 2022 4:59 AM
Dec 2008
It was a great scientific journey! The opening color pages are eye candy. The conclusion could've been better, but it's still satisfying one. Get excited!
Mar 10, 2022 1:36 PM

Feb 2018
It was a really OK ending for me, which is fine.

I only wish it had more fanservice regarding the time skip. I mean, no even older Suika? She didn't even get a proper pair of lents? Everyone is dressing the same despite the clear time gap? I know Senku is a science man more than anything, but he should also know than human needs to bring offspring in order to survive, so having a child on the side (even if unborn) would have been on character.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I'm glad it didn't drag its feets by the end, unlike Promised Neverland.
Mar 10, 2022 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Didnt like the last arc much but I am fine with this ending. Good conclusion for the characters and themes of the story. Amazing serie overall. I am going to miss reading this weekly. There is still the anime for more Dr.Stone
Mar 12, 2022 7:12 AM

Sep 2010
It was a good long journey though the thing about Whyman feels lacking. After finding out who they were and turned out it was a whole misjudgment on Whyman's end, made a little negotiation and that's it time to build a time machine. I was expecting there will be some final battle. The world building from stone age to computer age is what makes this series great.

Lol @ Yuzuriha still wearing the headphone on her wedding
Mar 13, 2022 2:07 PM

Jun 2015
Disappointing ending (especially the time machine theme) but with the previous episode I was already satisfied.

Really Good manga
Mar 15, 2022 2:47 PM
Mar 2021
Glad it gave us a nice ending showing us what the world looked like after "defeating" the medusa aliens(?). My man Taiju finally got married so that's a W in my book, too bad Chrome's married to science already so Ruri ain't ever getting that wedding lmfao. I'm glad that everyone survived in the end and Senku is now working on the time machine, makes you realize this whole time they've only been making stuff from the 21st century and now they're really focusing on the future. Wish I could read Dr. Stone all again for the first time.
Mar 15, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2019
Wait wtf. I was out of town for a week so I missed the last chapter. No way they really rushed an ending like that lmaoo??? That’s gotta be up there with KNY for weirdest way to end a series. So many loose ends not addressed.. we get the yuzuruha and taiju wedding but what about Senku and Kohaku..? Or any of the others.. really disappointing
Mar 16, 2022 8:45 PM

Mar 2016
I have not seen the news, nor did I fully expect it to come, but damn... This is the last chapter of Dr. Stone? I was caught relatively off guard when I realized that this is. However, for better or worse, the ending is wonderful.

The moon expedition crew has landed safely back to Earth where they're rightfully greeted back with the warmest welcome before they're publicly awarded for their accomplishment which quite literally saved humanity.

Several years later, a time skip to many of the characters' mid 20's, the world is coming along rather nicely, collaboration is at an all-time high with humanity's re-focused goals and ambition and ofc, my boy, nay, my Man Gen, really helped at doing that being the diplomat for the Science Kingdom. Now I stood up and applaud Taiju's and Yuzuriha's successful marriage, the couple has managed to hit it off, all the way to being married, hell yeah, they both looked adorable, completely deserved.

Now for the one final scene...
Dr. Senku, the leading scientist with minds beyond reality, standing at the pinnacle of authority, power, admiration and knowledge, stood mightily beside a highly advanced live parasitic medusa. And of course, the absolute most mind-boggling cutting edge project any human has ever set on. A fucking time machine. It took the full collaboration of human civilization from all around the world several years to build, test, and actually fly a multi-staged rocket to the moon, so it's only right for even Senku to expect the time machine to be operational within decades, centuries and even millennia from now.

The ending may felt rushed, but my god... This is the perfect joyous ending that Dr. Stone deserves. The series started with an abrupt calamity that plagued the world and the series ended by the resolution of this calamity the departure of the parasitic medusa race. Though all is fine now, never once shall we render our commitment to scientific breakthrough and technological leap be terminated, for we are endlessly curious and ambitious to reach new heights and uncover the truths of the universe.

As was how the series started... When a human face a seemingly impossible challenge, with our wits and a bit of time, we can overcome the most indomitable of obstacles, one step at a time. From primitive antibiotics to the extremely complex time machine. One step at a time, together, Senku, his friends, the world and all of mankind will reach the goal.
Therefore...

GET EXCITED!!!

Mar 17, 2022 8:51 AM

Dec 2020
i'd been following the manga for well over 2 years , it's sad to see it has finally ended but i'm glad nothing was dragged out any longer. the ending felt rushed, but seeing senkuu get the last line is what made me tear up lol
Mar 17, 2022 10:26 AM
Sep 2017
Not sure how I feel about that ending. On one hand, building a time machine is definitely something Senku would do but on the other hand, I feel like going back in time or changing the past would kind of make the series pointless because A- none of the events of the manga ever occurred, and B - the future would be completely different (i.e Ishigami village would never have existed, the characters would all have just been living normal lives, etc.). Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I feel like time travel kind of ruins what Senku and the others have built up in the current timeline.
Mar 19, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2016
Truly an amazing ending. At first I didn't like the idea of making a time machine, but they didn't confirm whether they were successful or not. This pairs good with the lines Why-Man said, that the idea of Senku was damn near impossible, but not ten billion percent impossible. Even with these odds, Taiju and the others believe in Senku, Chrome, Suika and co. to achieve it. And on the other end, with Senku and his team, even they don't really think that they are going to be able to built this time machine in their lifespan, but they believe that someday, mankind will build this thing, when Senku is not able to work on it anymore, Suika will take his place, and when she is not able to go any further, someone else will do it for them. A truly elegant way of representing how humanity managed to get this far, not by the intellect of one individual, but by the efforts of over 2 million years of progress.
Also, can we talk about Suika and Ryuusui for a moment? These 2 carried the show on so many occasions, it's not funny anymore. Suika was since the first few chapters there, and she was the MVP in so many situations it's just great. The highlight was on my opinion when the entire humanity was turned to stone for the second time, and Suika managed to save humanity by doing the same thing Senku did; building everything from scratch to save humanity with the power of science. That was easily my favorite moment of the entire manga, not even close.
And Ryuusui got a little late to the party, but that doesn't mean that he had any less impact. He was one of the most memorable characters of the manga, even with this cast. All the way from his way to speak, to his actions, he is just amazing. When he desires something, he will get it, it doesn't matter rather it is spices or a trip to the moon, he will get what he desires. I can't wait to see his appearance in the anime, I love this dude! I hereby demand that Suika and Ryuusui are being granted the role of a main character on MAL, they don't deserve any less!
But on a final note, I loved this manga to the end, it ended how it started, and now begins the eternal wait for an another manga with Riichiro as the writer and Boichi in charge of the art. Now that is something to get excited about!
Mar 19, 2022 4:21 PM

May 2015
I half-jokingly predicted 30 chapters ago that time travel would be featured later in the story, so when I read Hyouga's lines about being judged with some giant metallic thing in the background I immediately knew what was coming. I had also predicted even earlier that Why-man would be an AI or was AI-related but I guess that one was relatively obvious given the direction the story was going, with the nail in the coffin being that one page where (iirc) Sai talks about chess AIs and how they're so much smarter than humans.
Overall I'm fine with it, I think it was a good idea to simply show that Senku is working on a time machine and leaving it open like that. It was also nice to see Rei get a cameo (I really liked the spin-off).

I really hope the anime will get to eventually adapt everything.
Mar 31, 2022 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
Science-wise the last chapters do border with fantasy. Maybe that's the reason why I don't really like the ending, especially considering the time-travel is going to happen sometime in the future. I mean, even if they don't actually physically go to the past, but send message to warn mankind and build a "protector-robot", won't that screw the present these guys enjoy? Kohaku and Chrome and Suika and literally every descendant of the astronauts will likely never be born if the petrification never happens or is solved sooner than 3000+years.
I'm one of those who gets really pissed when time-travel is used in Sci-fi. It's extremely delicate subject. I'd say it's cheating and is unfair to time-travel in order to "fix" shit. Time travel defeats the purpose of "learn from mistakes". Just leave the past in the past and think about fixing the present in order to make the future - great.

Don't know... I will certainly miss the characters. Didn't really like the plot in the final arc. 8.5/10
Apr 1, 2022 9:23 AM

May 2018
It was a fun read, loved boichi's art and that ending was pretty good! I hope there's a sequel soon too
May 1, 2022 5:21 PM

Feb 2021
A sad send off to a great series. Will definitely miss this series.
What a journey tho.
Jun 5, 2022 3:03 AM

Aug 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Science-wise the last chapters do border with fantasy. Maybe that's the reason why I don't really like the ending, especially considering the time-travel is going to happen sometime in the future. I mean, even if they don't actually physically go to the past, but send message to warn mankind and build a "protector-robot", won't that screw the present these guys enjoy? Kohaku and Chrome and Suika and literally every descendant of the astronauts will likely never be born if the petrification never happens or is solved sooner than 3000+years.
I'm one of those who gets really pissed when time-travel is used in Sci-fi. It's extremely delicate subject. I'd say it's cheating and is unfair to time-travel in order to "fix" shit. Time travel defeats the purpose of "learn from mistakes". Just leave the past in the past and think about fixing the present in order to make the future - great.

Don't know... I will certainly miss the characters. Didn't really like the plot in the final arc. 8.5/10
not the first time this manga proves it isnt very smart. Yes a time machine would indeed kill off all the cavemen lol but i stop taking this serious when they could still bring people back to life once they were broken lol this manga had no rules it is more like magic than science
Jun 10, 2022 7:16 AM
Mar 2019
not bad. I predicted a while ago he would make a time machine. but I also thought they were gonna pull off that he was his own dad in the old time loop theory considering he was adopted. guess I was half right with the time machine.
Oct 4, 2022 8:42 AM
May 2021
I am gonna miss this series!! What a nice ending… šŸ˜©. 9/10 for meeee!!
Dec 3, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
I liked how beautiful the coloured pages were this chapter.

Taiju's arc: well, I don't really care. I am not here for him.

The characters are probably close to (or already in) their thirties, but the boys still look 15 and the girls look 6 to 8 years old. lol

The ending works. They started by building stone age tools, then grew to medieval ones, then to industrial, and to modern. So, now, they make futuristic ones.
Jun 26, 2023 11:27 AM

Mar 2023
Im sad that this is the ending ESPECIALLY when Senku is about to make the craziest thing ever. I really hope sometime in the future we get a continuation or a reboot of the manga which will explain more about their time travel plan. Also (for those who read the spin-off with the tiny robot) I really want to see what happens with Rei, It spent that entire time in space waiting for Byakuya to come back to the point where Senku was still making sulfra drugs. imagine the shock when Senku finds Rei and hear its entire story from meeting Senku before the petrification to creating an entire body for it to keep functioning. Like I said I really hope they continue because the time machine and Rei are the 2 major cliff hangers that i really want to see their storys finished. ok im done with my rant
My Candys!

Aug 12, 2023 12:13 PM

Sep 2020
been a really enjoyable experiece. Great work by Inagaki sensei
overall 8.5/10
Aug 27, 2023 11:08 PM

Apr 2022
almost everything boiichi contributes towards gets a rushed ending, nothing new for him lmao but ye not bad. way better than the anime, that's for sure. could've been better but 7/10 good enough ig.
Jan 16, 1:35 PM

Apr 2015
Had a blast reading this, Can't wait for it all to be animated. So many peak moments to come yet in the anime!
Thank you Inagaki and Boichi Sensei, the ending was a bit unexpected I'd say but it was still such a joyous experience. Senku my favourite character from this Ten billion percent.
Definitely one of the best recent manga I've read, A 9.5/10 from me!
Mar 21, 6:26 PM

Feb 2020
I immediately remembered metal slug 3 in this part here

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

3 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

23 by Nerdason »»
Mar 20, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 228 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2022

35 by Nerdason »»
Mar 17, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 227 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2022

32 by Nerdason »»
Mar 16, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 224 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2022

21 by Nerdason »»
Mar 13, 6:11 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.