Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2022 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
I watched this anime years ago and loved it ever since. I do however, feel it has its flaws. I was thinking recently about how I wish this show would get a remake since it didn't get to explore its full potential. I was interested in what others would want in a hypothetical remake. It sucks the chances are very little of ever happening.

Something I would definitely change is the series length. Most of its problems I think stem from its short episode count. It had such a great premise and characters. It definitely would've worked better as a 24-36 episode series. I read somewhere that it was original planned to be a 24 episode show, but it was unfortunately trimmed down. Because of the short ep count it seemed they had too many characters and only were able to explore a few. So most of the cast was pretty much reduced single personality traits. Also with more episodes the pacing wouldn't be as rushed (especially at the end). And they could possibly better set up to final twist, so viewers wouldn't get as confused.

What are some changes you would want in a remake? What would you keep?

Mar 1, 2022 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
should have been made into a full Vn in the first place
now ep 1 was released and the rest is never getting released lmfaooo
Mar 1, 2022 12:59 PM
Oct 2021
2 cours, more characters getting an arc, those two are the only things in my book that held it back.
Mar 1, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2018
I heard AB was supposed to have 2 cours originally but for some reason they changed to only 1 cour in the end.
Mar 1, 2022 1:09 PM
Oct 2021
Definitely more episodes. So many characters were not fully explored and a few arcs were pretty rushed. Adding more episodes to allow for a more natural flow of events and more character depth would be pretty neat
Mar 1, 2022 1:39 PM
Dec 2021
Don’t need a remake just a season 2 or at least a movie
Mar 1, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2022
I think the pacing is ok, but the side characters needed more screen time.
Kasper_RixMar 1, 2022 2:12 PM
Mar 1, 2022 2:00 PM
Nov 2021
Hailcaesar said:
I watched this anime years ago and loved it ever since. I do however, feel it has its flaws. I was thinking recently about how I wish this show would get a remake since it didn't get to explore its full potential. I was interested in what others would want in a hypothetical remake. It sucks the chances are very little of ever happening.

Something I would definitely change is the series length. Most of its problems I think stem from its short episode count. It had such a great premise and characters. It definitely would've worked better as a 24-36 episode series. I read somewhere that it was original planned to be a 24 episode show, but it was unfortunately trimmed down. Because of the short ep count it seemed they had too many characters and only were able to explore a few. So most of the cast was pretty much reduced single personality traits. Also with more episodes the pacing wouldn't be as rushed (especially at the end). And they could possibly better set up to final twist, so viewers wouldn't get as confused.

I agree with you here bud but what id like to see is maybe a movie or OVA where they all somehow meet up and we get to see their lives after reincarnation along with seeing kanades past and how she died
Mar 1, 2022 2:52 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah, definitely agree. Maeda Jun's Anime needs at least two cours/20+ episodes for it to pan out the characters and realize the full potential of its story.

I'll give arcs that focuses on SSS members such as Shiina, Matsushita, Noda, Takamatsu, Fujimaki and others, have flashback episode pre Otonashi's arrival, expand more on Kanade's character, expand the last arc prior to the last episode to at least 5 episodes.
Mar 1, 2022 3:19 PM
Nov 2020
GamerGilno18 said:
Don’t need a remake just a season 2 or at least a movie

Agreed, but make it a prequel season, otherwise the impact of the first season would be completely lost.
Mar 1, 2022 5:03 PM
Aug 2018
It needs to explore the characaters A LOT more
Mar 1, 2022 6:15 PM
Jun 2019
nothing. I wish the show was never made in the first place
Mar 1, 2022 7:05 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Hailcaesar said:

A remake seems somewhat redundant - Logically you could extend it out to 18 EPs to get more character depth for the side cast but anime almost always works in cores - A full two core Angel Beats would end up padded out with Sol shenanigans or massive amounts of character backstory Flashbacks.

Aside from that what's to change?
The art is still on par with anything today, the music is still some of the best - Production in general is great.

Now what I would like to see is an adaption of the prequel manga - That's packed with loads of awesome depth that fills plot gaps and adds to character beats - A 12 EP adaption of that would be very much so, most welcome.
(I should add, said manga Is already canon to my knowledge - Check it out if you want more angel beasts literally available right now😉😉)
Mar 1, 2022 7:59 PM

Jul 2021
Remake? I watched Angel Beats! for the first time weekend!

If they were to remake it though, let's get more anime girl rock band.
Mar 1, 2022 9:32 PM
Jan 2021
barsoapguy219 said:
Remake? I watched Angel Beats! for the first time weekend!

If they were to remake it though, let's get more anime girl rock band.

bro i actually agree with that. maybe im biased bc my waifu is masami iwasawa. but in the manga they gave more light to the girl band members besides yui. about how otonashi fell in love with iwasawa and how one of the band members also is in love with iwasawa. i mean im in love with iwasawa so i cant blame em
Mar 2, 2022 4:59 AM
Nov 2021
I don't think there should be a remake, maybe making the angel, for people who haven't seen it, a little less over power.
Mar 2, 2022 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
The second half was incredibly rushed. If they could have done the second half well, it could've been a decent show
Mar 2, 2022 5:17 AM

Feb 2020
No need to prolonged it with more padding or filler. It pretty decent of what it is now. The story is not really as much interconnected or plot heavy to requires lot of episode. If they just follow usual flashback and one character coming to realisation of his inner demon each episode then it would just be repetitive and would get boring.
AdampkMar 2, 2022 5:25 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 2, 2022 7:34 AM
May 2021
I just wish they could do it as originally intended, because, as you said, their ep count got drastically cut and they didn't get to do what they wanted in the first place. ":((
Mar 2, 2022 3:23 PM

Oct 2017
No I don't want a remake. It's wasn't that good to begin with.

POWER IS IMMORTAL
Mar 2, 2022 3:38 PM
Feb 2022
I don't know what I would like in a remake, I thought the original was awesome, the drama wasn't cringy like most dramas and I liked how it got my attention
Mar 2, 2022 4:29 PM
Oct 2017
actually i think the series would maybe benefit from even less episodes sibce the one-off episode were fucking boring
Mar 2, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2021
I thought the end was a bit rushed but the feels still hit hard and I thought it was still great I don't really believe in remakes I feel like pieces of art should be kept untouched the way it is at least in terms of shows I kinda have a different opinion when it comes to video games tho I feel like the first two Witcher games def need a remake lol
Mar 3, 2022 1:59 PM
Apr 2020
Hailcaesar said:

As I see it, the main issue with Angel Beats! is that it tries to do a lot of stuff, but end up doing none.
At a first look it seems that this show have it all; the action packed scenes, the hilarious comedy, the good characters development and the heartbreaking sad parts. But if you take those different "sides" of the show individually you'll notice that somehow they feel incompleted. So at the end (with all this sides blended) the show fails to make you feel immersed in it because you always feel that something is missing. (This is only my pov ofc).
what would I have done if I was KyoAni?
Make it a 24 eps anime, simple as that.

(sorry if there's a misspeling, english is not my first language )
Mar 6, 2022 11:11 AM

Mar 2019
Mar 9, 2022 4:15 AM
Sep 2018
Longer. Make it a double season. More time to flesh out the characters. The ending was super rushed.
Mar 30, 2022 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
TK needs a standalone series, AB comedy and action rocks, the drama kinda sucks and skippable.
May 24, 2022 11:38 PM

May 2020
why does everyone feel so entitled to ask for a remake anytime they dont think a show is a 9/10 or above
Jul 1, 2022 6:01 PM

Aug 2017
QueerPapayas said:
Definitely more episodes. So many characters were not fully explored and a few arcs were pretty rushed. Adding more episodes to allow for a more natural flow of events and more character depth would be pretty neat
I agree totally. The graduations of most of Battlefront were cut out. It would be cool if they had more focus on their individuality.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.