Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Not a bad episode honestly but feels like the boys can improve more. Then again, I have to say that there's still a lot of potential in the cast with guys like Haru.

I really wish they did a better job at establishing a more prominent rival group for them though. It's quite lacking in that area in the show.
Feb 27, 2022 7:22 AM

Oct 2009
Yeesh. An entire new team (indeed nothing's established, basically), a new championship barely starts at like half of the episode, and then they're already playing to get into the best 8..... Talk about speedrunning.

And holy crap, the way the camo paint seems to be background that's only visible through the shirts that move in front of it, instead of actually being on the fabric and moving with it is just... trippy.
yellowheartrenFeb 27, 2022 7:27 AM
Feb 27, 2022 7:28 AM
Sep 2015
So is this anime gonna spend its entire season on Sakaki's passing problem? Not that I care as long as they feed me a stream of hot guys.
Feb 27, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2017
At this point, this "sports" show is just doing the exact opposite of all the other original sports shows done before, and not even the Koyo team's dynamics are down yet. Seriously, how long are they lumbering on this issue?

The problem STILL is Sakaki and his play-calling mechanics, and Ryu tries an irregular team bonding session with karaoke...which didn't really do a thing. And yet for another rival team (Momomi High), it's just fun and karaoke all the way while not caring much about futsal practice, with all hopes bent on captain Kumara Yukimaru. In fact, it's like they imitate a lot so much that they skils just proved it for show.

The Summer Sky Cup (prolly the only finale tournament) is their redemption arc, and really...there's no hope for any more storytelling to be done because it's just win after win, and facing rival teams that Haru and the others haven't encountered before like the eccentric Momoki High coming to have fun and screw around, which to Koyo, gives some trouble to Sasaki.

This show has no hope anymore, it's just gonna finish tournament style in the best mediocrity.
Feb 28, 2022 4:36 AM
Mar 2018
Sakaki's passing issue is getting more screen time than the games. They should've shown at least 4 or 5 highlights from each game till they reach the top 16. Now, Futsal in this series is supposed to be popular, they are missing two of the most vital characters in a sports anime: one are the analysts/commentators, and two are coaches. And they haven't explain a thing about any strategy in Futsal despite being an unpopular sport. They should've followed Kabaddi's example, because Futsal is unknown to many. Every episode so far is bad. Hope this was animated better, because as I am seeing now, they focus more on the character's faces, not the build-ups which make sports series interesting.
Feb 28, 2022 1:30 PM

Aug 2019
I think the passing problem needs to be resolve quickly. We’re almost near the of the session. I want them to win against this weird team too.
Nov 26, 2022 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
Honestly, I really hoped the protagonists (Koyo) lost. They're not a very likeable team. Momomi on the other hand we basically just met them and I'm already rooting for them.

I was honestly going to drop this anime when I started watching it last year but continued coz I needed background noise. So I needed an anime I won't care about playing in the background. But I actually paid attention to this episode.

Since I just recently resumed watching this anime, you could've fooled me into thinking Momomi is the team I'm supposed to root for.

Long story short, Sakaki and Koyo (as a result) is very unlikeable. I'm dropping this anime now.
Sep 15, 2023 11:27 AM
Sep 2023
That's so interesting it's better than other futbal/futsal anime's i hope we have season 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2022

11 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2022

17 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2022

6 by Ablfzanime »»

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»

Poll: » Futsal Boys!!!!! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2022

7 by Ablfzanime »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.