Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2022 12:12 PM
Sep 2021
I mean, it would be better as a review or blog but lets talk about it anyways. Yes you should, its a great shonen, with top tier villains and an amazing main character. The reveals in the current arc have been superb so go read it. The anime is bad, just don't get to it. What do you guys think of it? Thoughts on the latest reveals?
LOTGH is my fav anime
Mar 11, 2022 3:02 PM
Jun 2021
MonadProxi said:
I mean, it would be better as a review or blog but lets talk about it anyways. Yes you should, its a great shonen, with top tier villains and an amazing main character. The reveals in the current arc have been superb so go read it. The anime is bad, just don't get to it. What do you guys think of it? Thoughts on the latest reveals?

I think the anime just has too many fillers and characters that are just there for “comedic relief” the pacing is awkward and doesn’t make sense for a lot of the story. Same goes for Hallow.

I hope some day D’Gray Man gets a proper anime adaption once the manga is properly finished.
Apr 1, 2022 12:17 AM

Aug 2020
MonadProxi said:

Well in starting its not that great but still very interesting with its setting and have amazing fights to hook up the viewers and the current arc and recent chapter are blast,they were so great ,a lot of stuff is revealing and Allen walker is now one of the best Shonen protagonist and Art is also improved a lot....
Apr 13, 2022 8:11 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
when do chapters release? i dont mind monthly ones, but if the wait time is like 2 or 3 months for a single 20 page chapter nah
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Apr 16, 2022 9:51 AM
Oct 2016
GanjiMEX said:
when do chapters release? i dont mind monthly ones, but if the wait time is like 2 or 3 months for a single 20 page chapter nah

We get one chapter every third month. The chapters are usually 30-40 pages long though.
Apr 16, 2022 1:41 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
Mugglus said:
GanjiMEX said:

We get one chapter every third month. The chapters are usually 30-40 pages long though.
well, that blows a lot. is it ending atleast?
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

Apr 16, 2022 1:46 PM
Sep 2021
GanjiMEX said:
Mugglus said:

yep it is, its in the final arc, so expect it so end in some years
LOTGH is my fav anime
Apr 16, 2022 2:01 PM
Oct 2016
MonadProxi said:
GanjiMEX said:

Where did you hear it was in the final arc? it's definitely not ending in a few years, unless it gets a rushed ending. For D. gray-man to get a satisfying ending it would need at least 10 more years. That's considering she doesn't slow down her release schedule.
Apr 26, 2022 4:37 AM

Aug 2020
MonadProxi said:
GanjiMEX said:

It's nowhere near ending there is still a lot to reveal yet otherwise there would be many plot holes and writer have to flesh out supporting cast more too just like she did with Allen,nea and mana's character...
May 21, 2022 10:45 PM

Nov 2014
just watch the anime and be done with it,it's great.
on the other hand it isn't worth reading the manga once 3 months and there are too many hiatus,i know the author is sick but she could just get someone to draw and be done with it finally,at this point this is gonna end like berserk,unfinished.
May 25, 2022 9:25 AM

Oct 2015
The anime has a ton of filler and is unfinished. The manga suffered from hiatuses to the point where most readers forgot the story or lost interest in the series entirely. Pick your poison.

I used to be a big fan of this series back in the day, but not so much now after the numerous delays over the years.
Aug 17, 2022 6:03 PM
Jun 2021
in these type of situations(long ongoing type) I'd recommended you to check the last completed arc and read it till that chapter and keep it on hold
Aug 25, 2022 1:55 PM
Jun 2009
It's not worth it anymore. You'll be unfulfilled as I don't see this series ever being complete. If it does, it'd be a rushed ending in 2 chapters like Bleach but Bleach was popular enough to get novels after it and hopefully the anime fixes the ending.
Jul 26, 2023 7:48 PM

Oct 2015
Kek it's no where close to ending lol
Hoshino literally said we're at the halfway
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 8, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2019
Omg, i've read some arc of this manga like more than 10 years ago and it still ongoing? Kinda depressing.

I would like to see a list of mangas that are doomed to die incomplete cause the authors dont have a good sense to finish it before trouble and hiatuses.

HunterxHunter is the most iconic example
Aug 22, 2023 12:45 AM
Apr 2017
Ataccot said:
The anime has a ton of filler and is unfinished. The manga suffered from hiatuses to the point where most readers forgot the story or lost interest in the series entirely. Pick your poison.

I used to be a big fan of this series back in the day, but not so much now after the numerous delays over the years.
Ataccot said:

In what world is 25 episodes out of 116 episodes alot of filler lol
Dec 27, 2023 4:43 AM
Jun 2009
Reply to 0428ForLife
Ataccot said:

Ataccot said:

In what world is 25 episodes out of 116 episodes alot of filler lol
@0428ForLife The world where 25 out of 116 is 21% or 1/5.
Mar 2, 2:42 PM

May 2007
Reply to mechian
@0428ForLife The world where 25 out of 116 is 21% or 1/5.
@mechian That's Naruto-level filler, right there.
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Jul 2023
You only get into D.Gray-man if you're willing to wait forever for the next chapter. I mainly stood with it because I really, really liked the first anime and I wanted to see how the story continued. The manga was pretty good until the arc where Kanda and Johnny search for Allen, where the big hiatus happened and the series became slow and at times hard to follow, with the plot barely advancing and the occassional good reveal in a sea of tedious and uneventful short chapters. If I wouldn't have been so invested in the first arcs of the story I would have likely dropped this ages ago. Truly a pity.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 222 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

37 by jeremysama »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:30 PM

» University Project/ D.Gray-man

Naski4a - Sep 28, 2023

15 by Josie5 »»
Oct 23, 2023 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.