Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2022 4:41 AM

Jun 2021
Was anyone else hoping to see Kanade's past like we got to watch Yuzuru's and Yuri's? Personally for me Kanade was the most interesting character of Angel Beats so was kinda disappointed there since we only got to hear one thing about her past and nothing more.
Feb 17, 2022 4:55 AM
Nov 2021
it seems a bit plain, but I feel like her character is op
Feb 17, 2022 5:01 AM
Mar 2018
yeah i would like to see it aswell
Feb 17, 2022 6:21 AM

Aug 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Was anyone else hoping to see Kanade's past like we got to watch Yuzuru's and Yuri's? Personally for me Kanade was the most interesting character of Angel Beats so was kinda disappointed there since we only got to hear one thing about her past and nothing more.

I have a theory that Kanade might actually be otonashis sister that would make sense since she had an unfulfilled life and died young.
Feb 17, 2022 6:26 AM
Feb 2022
@chloe player that would make sense but at the same time you represented what you looked like in the real world, so why would she have white hair instead of red hair??
Feb 17, 2022 6:55 AM

Jun 2021
Chloe_Player said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

I have a theory that Kanade might actually be otonashis sister that would make sense since she had an unfulfilled life and died young.

I mean...they don't change their real life apperance do they?? And his sister was already dead when he died how's she supposed to get his heart?
Feb 17, 2022 7:10 AM

Aug 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Chloe_Player said:

I mean...they don't change their real life apperance do they?? And his sister was already dead when he died how's she supposed to get his heart?

Its just
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Chloe_Player said:

Its just a theory since Angel beats! works with so many metaphors in its world building. Otonashi always refers to her younger sister as his little angel. His whole life was basically centered around helping his little sister. After her death he started getting depressed because his only thing to live for is gone, he begins to feel the pain then he dies and just like yuri and the other guys he has to overcome his past and make peace with it in order to be set free. One of the problems was letting go of her sister like in the final scene of the anime where otanashi wants angel to stay with him and she says that he has to live in peace (iirc). Also Kanade is roughly the same size as his sister iirc. Its just a theory that i had a couple of years ago i mght have forgotten some points but it would make sense since his siter actually has a backstory
Feb 17, 2022 7:32 AM

Jun 2021
Chloe_Player said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

Its just
_cyberwarrior_ said:

Its just a theory since Angel beats! works with so many metaphors in its world building. Otonashi always refers to her younger sister as his little angel. His whole life was basically centered around helping his little sister. After her death he started getting depressed because his only thing to live for is gone, he begins to feel the pain then he dies and just like yuri and the other guys he has to overcome his past and make peace with it in order to be set free. One of the problems was letting go of her sister like in the final scene of the anime where otanashi wants angel to stay with him and she says that he has to live in peace (iirc). Also Kanade is roughly the same size as his sister iirc. Its just a theory that i had a couple of years ago i mght have forgotten some points but it would make sense since his siter actually has a backstory

Okay thanks for your explanation makes sense... yes the world building was really unique,I sorta wanted to delve deeper. I'll miss Yuri(ik sounds dumb since this anime is 12 yrs old lol)
Feb 17, 2022 7:36 AM

Aug 2021
_cyberwarrior_ said:
Chloe_Player said:

Its just

Okay thanks for your explanation makes sense... yes the world building was really unique,I sorta wanted to delve deeper. I'll miss Yuri(ik sounds dumb since this anime is 12 yrs old lol)
There were some rumors like a year ago that there will be something new since a new manga came out a couple of years ago but i wouldnt keep my hopes up :(
Feb 18, 2022 12:22 PM
Jun 2020
Chloe_Player said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

that's not possible she said she lived her youth because of his heart that he donated after he dies during ghat train accident
Apr 8, 2022 12:37 AM
Dec 2020
Chloe_Player said:
_cyberwarrior_ said:

sweet home alabama
Apr 8, 2022 12:45 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
probably could've been shown if it weren't for Aniplex cutting the anime short from 24 eps to 13...
Apr 8, 2022 3:02 AM
Dec 2017
I hoped to see her past as well too but whelp it sucks that they didn't.

Apr 12, 2022 12:19 PM
Jul 2020
This question sort of plays into my age-old question - given that Kanade died after Yuzuru did (as he became her donor after his death), how is it that she “materialized” in the afterlife before he did?
Apr 24, 2022 6:58 PM
May 2021
ina6_- said:
This question sort of plays into my age-old question - given that Kanade died after Yuzuru did (as he became her donor after his death), how is it that she “materialized” in the afterlife before he did?

Just watched it again and had the same question
Jul 1, 2022 6:04 PM

Aug 2017
I assume they couldn't show us her past because it would have ruined the emotions behind her revealing it at the end of Ep. 13.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 2, 2022 10:20 PM
Nov 2021
ina6_- said:

i think it might be a small spoiler from manga (if u even plan to read it)
gabewoh said:
ina6_- said:

the time doesn't work same as there like in real world , ppl from other times come there too like shina (that quiet sorta black/green hair i think) was from around medieval age and lived in a cave outside the school so it's just possible that the 'god' spawned them in same world to fulfill at least kanade's wish
Aug 3, 2022 9:10 AM
Jul 2020
anvesssh said:
ina6_- said:

gabewoh said:

the time doesn't work same as there like in real world , ppl from other times come there too like shina (that quiet sorta black/green hair i think) was from around medieval age and lived in a cave outside the school so it's just possible that the 'god' spawned them in same world to fulfill at least kanade's wish

According to the VN, Shīna Eri had spent ~100 years in the afterlife, making her the oldest resident of the realm at the time. In other words, she was “sent” to the metaphysical dimension upon her death which took place roughly a century before the beginning of the story.

It appears that the God didn't tamper with her time, so this example doesn't explain Yuzuruʼs and Kanadeʼs displacement time-wise, in my opinion.
Aug 6, 2022 10:19 AM
Nov 2021
ina6_- said:
anvesssh said:

According to the VN, Shīna Eri had spent ~100 years in the afterlife, making her the oldest resident of the realm at the time. In other words, she was “sent” to the metaphysical dimension upon her death which took place roughly a century before the beginning of the story.

It appears that the God didn't tamper with her time, so this example doesn't explain Yuzuruʼs and Kanadeʼs displacement time-wise, in my opinion.

i did not know that, cuz i checked again in the heaven's feel manga and it says she was from ancient times which is definitely more than 100 years . Probably him arriving late was also the glitch in the world cuz otonashi didn't completely die like others (but again , i didn't read the VN so i can't say what else did it mention)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - May 14, 2010

538 by jilebi_james23 »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.